Ched Evans

Batman

Still all you got? I'm a child?

You're a rape apologist. That's a million times worse.

What the hell are you going on about ? You seem to be the only person making the arguement ? Where is he a rape apologist ?!

And what the hell does 'your male tears sustain me?'

Are you some sort of feminist super warrior now ? Or do you just like having sometging to get upset about ?

What the hell are you going on about ? You seem to be the only person making the arguement ? Where is he a rape apologist ?!

Are you some sort of feminist super warrior now ? Or do you just like having sometging to get upset about ?

Careful, he'll accuse you of the same thing in a minute!

I think its just his way of dealing with things when he gets angry and confused while struggling to understand what is being discussed.

Just to put my quick views on here;

- Rape is abhorant

- There are levels to any crime as evidenced in the sentancing

- Evens has done his crime, whether he thinks he is innocent is irrelevant. As a man (or female KRG) in the public eye then he should be setting a better example, and as such I will find it dissapointing if he is signed (as I was with Hughes)

Just to put my quick views on here;

- Rape is abhorant

- There are levels to any crime as evidenced in the sentancing

- Evens has done his crime, whether he thinks he is innocent is irrelevant. As a man (or female KRG) in the public eye then he should be setting a better example, and as such I will find it dissapointing if he is signed (as I was with Hughes)

The biggest crime here is your spelling.

I would sue Apple if using their equipment turns you into an illiterate idiot. Print off a copy of this thread, you could use it as evidence.

Alternatively I could pick up minor spelling mistakes on what was largely a rushed post on a mainly meaningless internet forum but frankly I have too much else to be getting on with to be worried about such trivial things.

Whatever turns you on I suppose

You've been an irritating little dweeb for years. What's your excuse?

That is your opinion. I am not happy accepting your judgement until it has been to appeal and held up. And to be honest, even then i won't accept it as you are the biggest còck on this forum (and that's saying something).

Alternatively I could pick up minor spelling mistakes on what was largely a rushed post on a mainly meaningless internet forum but frankly I have too much else to be getting on with to be worried about such trivial things.

Whatever turns you on I suppose

Oh, it was a rushed post? Sorry, its just that you said it was the iPhones fault earlier. Im sticking to my explanation of illiteracy as the real reason and the excuse of the idiot is always that it doesn't really matter and is trivial.

That is your opinion. I am not happy accepting your judgement until it has been to appeal and held up. And to be honest, even then i won't accept it as you are the biggest còck on this forum (and that's saying something).

Oh, it was a rushed post? Sorry, its just that you said it was the iPhones fault earlier. Im sticking to my explanation of illiteracy as the real reason and the excuse of the idiot is always that it doesn't really matter and is trivial.

Turns out idiots earn good money then, whodafunkit

apostrophe

əˈpɒstrəfi/Submit

noun

a punctuation mark (') used to indicate either possession (e.g. Harry ' s book ; boys ' coats ) or the omission of letters or numbers (e.g. can ' t ; he ' s ; 1 Jan. ' 99 ).

You didn't do that well in English Language GCSE, did you?!

You are the one coming across as an utter tool here pal, hope that helps. Seriously what does it matter if there's the odd spelling mistake and why the need to get all high and mighty about it? Pathetic

You are the one coming across as an utter tool here pal, hope that helps. Seriously what does it matter if there's the odd spelling mistake and why the need to get all high and mighty about it? Pathetic

Deppo always has been a funny ****er

I think we need to do everything we can to minimise the chance of wrongful conviction and as you rightly point out that is why the appeals process exists. You would hope that in this case that those who sit in judgement over the appeal will consider what has already been outlined and Ched's argument which is clearly at odds with the verdict.

It's an imperfect world and it's very difficult to get many cases with one hundred percent certainty. I have a second cousin who was wrongfully convicted (thankfully not a major crime) and imo it's just as bad as the crime being committed in the first place. I just hope that in this case the decision after the appeal is the correct one.

I agree that it is an imperfect world. I also think we have a pretty robust justice system which although not perfect (none of them are) is good. As I have said before, the complainant has had to convince the police, the CPS and the jury of her case. Any appeal will consider the case just as the police, the CPS and the jury already have. If the decision is found to be safe will you finally accept that "Ched" is guilty of rape?

Yeah heard him on radio 5 on the way home. He seemed most bitter that Evans committed the crime at a point Sheffield Utd were playing well and relying on him. He doesn't mind him playing on just sounds like he'd prefer it if he wasn't decent and didn't earn any money. Sounded like he didn't mind him playing football just as long as it was for someone like pompey.

Yeah heard him on radio 5 on the way home. He seemed most bitter that Evans committed the crime at a point Sheffield Utd were playing well and relying on him. He doesn't mind him playing on just sounds like he'd prefer it if he wasn't decent and didn't earn any money. Sounded like he didn't mind him playing football just as long as it was for someone like pompey.

I hope his view on Evans is not just because he cost Blades promotion (which i think he did from memory). I may be wrong with that conclusion, but worrying that he resigned yet is happy for Evans to play elsewhere

Edited by Bucks Saint

I hope his view on Evans is only because he cost Blades promotion (which i think he did from memory). I may be wrong with that conclusion, but worrying that he resigned yet is happy for Evans to play elsewhere

He's a bit broader than that in his explanation, he is clear in his support for what Jessica Ennis and the others have done.

I think his point is sound: Evans really shouldn't expect to just ease back in to exactly the job he had before he went to prison. I know the "he's done his time" gang will hate this idea but there are very few professions where an ex con (of any crime, not just rape) simply strolls back into their old job, picks up a pen/scalpel/hod and carries on like nothing ever happened.

Surely a "new start" somewhere else is a perfectly acceptable part of the rebuilding/rehabilitation process. Can't see anything wrong with that at all.

He's a bit broader than that in his explanation, he is clear in his support for what Jessica Ennis and the others have done.

I think his point is sound: Evans really shouldn't expect to just ease back in to exactly the job he had before he went to prison. I know the "he's done his time" gang will hate this idea but there are very few professions where an ex con (of any crime, not just rape) simply strolls back into their old job, picks up a pen/scalpel/hod and carries on like nothing ever happened.

Surely a "new start" somewhere else is a perfectly acceptable part of the rebuilding/rehabilitation process. Can't see anything wrong with that at all.

Good points, well made.

I have no issue with your final para, but many of those complaining about Sheff Utd will surely disagree. Many of the outspoken people have complained that footballers are role models, like it or not, that they are in a privileged position, have a community role and fans can idolise them, etc etc and that Evans should not be allowed to continue in such a role. I cant imagine that they will be happy if Evans moves 100 or 200 miles and pitches up playing for Bristol City or Notts County instead.

I have no issue with your final para, but many of those complaining about Sheff Utd will surely disagree. Many of the outspoken people have complained that footballers are role models, like it or not, that they are in a privileged position, have a community role and fans can idolise them, etc etc and that Evans should not be allowed to continue in such a role. I cant imagine that they will be happy if Evans moves 100 or 200 miles and pitches up playing for Bristol City or Notts County instead.

Personally I'd agree with them.

The big battle for the campaigners is to get Evans cast out of Sheffield United.

Evans and the PFA know this too, SUFC is the only club the PFA can apply some pressure to in order to get him re-signed. That's his best immediate hope.

Once he's on the open market, he's at the mercy of clubs with no obligation to him at all, and like you say the bandwagon will roll on. Eventually he'll get a game somewhere but this will be probably be a long and difficult process for him. If nothing else he might learn a bit of contrition through it.

Personally I'd agree with them.

The big battle for the campaigners is to get Evans cast out of Sheffield United.

Evans and the PFA know this too, SUFC is the only club the PFA can apply some pressure to in order to get him re-signed. That's his best immediate hope.

Once he's on the open market, he's at the mercy of clubs with no obligation to him at all, and like you say the bandwagon will roll on. Eventually he'll get a game somewhere but this will be probably be a long and difficult process for him. If nothing else he might learn a bit of contrition through it.

Entitlement seems his problem, he could do with not thinking the world owes him everything. That would be a good start.

Entitlement seems his problem, he could do with not thinking the world owes him everything. That would be a good start.

Im not sure he does, he is just protecting what he has. A talent at football. If I did something at work and was banned from working on electrical networks Id be worried at what my alternative was, eventually Id find something but it wouldn't be as lucrative. So in that respect I understand why he is trying to get back into football.

Its hard to argue that he isnt sorry about whats he is done, if, its correct that he is appealing again, an expression of remorse could be taken as an acceptance of guilt.

That said, I stand by the fact that he is in the public eye and so could be used as a role model, and as such Id hope professional clubs steer clear

Im not sure he does, he is just protecting what he has. A talent at football. If I did something at work and was banned from working on electrical networks Id be worried at what my alternative was, eventually Id find something but it wouldn't be as lucrative. So in that respect I understand why he is trying to get back into football.

Its hard to argue that he isnt sorry about whats he is done, if, its correct that he is appealing again, an expression of remorse could be taken as an acceptance of guilt.

That said, I stand by the fact that he is in the public eye and so could be used as a role model, and as such Id hope professional clubs steer clear

I can see where you are coming from, but I personally disagree.

I think the very act (which he doesn't deny) reeks of entitlement. You've agreed to have sex with someone else, that makes you fair game.

He does seem to be portraying himself as the victim in all of this and his website doesn't help his cause in my eyes. It makes no difference what this girl may or may not have done in the past and blackening her name does him no favours. It is all about what happened on the night and for that he has been found guilty of raping her. He has also had one appeal turned down. I can see why he doesn't feel like he can show remorse but a simple, I regret what happened that night but I still maintain that I did not rape this girl would be a start.

I see today a report saying that many many rapes are not followed through by police as they do not either believe the victim or have enough evidence for a prosecution.

We've got the answer to that:

And here lies the problem with rape convictions. The women's lib lobby try to point to low conviction rates as proof of some sort of institutionalised sexism, that victims aren't taken seriously and police officers are some sort of Sid James types . The reality of the figures is that by its very nature a lot of rapes are going to be hard to prove " beyond a reasonable doubt" . Consent will be one persons word against another. Whether people like it or not there is always going to be grey areas. Consent is very often implied and a testosterone filled male could easily misread signals. I believe schools now do a bit of education around this, which is a good thing. There must be situations where the bird is convinced she was raped and the fella convinced she wasn't. I'm sure that some are not even sure whether they were raped or not ,and there must be plenty of women who blame themselves for a misjudgement rather than see themselves as a victim. Alcohol will play a part in many situations , which again muddy the waters.It must also be very difficult to prove rape were a chick has been up for certain things,ie oral, but draws the line at penetration , as any witness to her earlier behaviour in public could say she was kissing , holding hands , willingly went home with him ,etc . All these factors added together make it the difficult crime to prove beyond a reasonable doubt except in the most violent of cases and the prosecution and conviction rates prove this. It is not because of any failings with society, just the high burden of proof required.

Women should just accept it. Right?

If Evans was a plumber or an insurance broker I wonder if people would have an issue with him returning to his job. Clearly he will be on the sex offenders register and returning as a teacher would be a no go so there are some things he couldn't go back to. Footballers are in the public eye and no matter what we think about them, are seen as role models for the youngsters who wear their names on the back of their shirts. I spoke to a guy who runs a moral philosophy workshop in our local pub about the issue and he is struggling with it too.

As things stand though there is no question of his guilt in the eyes of the law.

Hmmm, just read the case summation. In my, non-professional legal point of view he's probably not guilty.

It's one of those dodgy situations that I guarantee a lot of us know from University. As my mate said to me a month or so ago, it could have happened to any of us...The key is when is a girl too drunk, and when is consent not consent due to inhibiting factors.

A few inconsistencies to me:

- She had no memory of the night, yet was only 2.5 times over the legal limit for driving, and by the time the morning had come about was completely free of alcohol. However, there was potentially cochineal involved as well.

- The fact that she was compus mentus enough to give oral sex, rather than just an unconscious girl having intercourse.

- I guess it's a case of was she able to consent once Evans had joined them. Due to her memory loss their is no sure way to work this out. For me, dangerous to convict on this as you have to be 100% sure that she was not in a state to consent. I can see why Ched Evans appealed this and maintains his innocence.

Good bit of reading here:

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Hmmm, just read the case summation. In my, non-professional legal point of view he's probably not guilty.

It's one of those dodgy situations that I guarantee a lot of us know from University. As my mate said to me a month or so ago, it could have happened to any of us...

A few inconsistencies to me:

- She had no memory of the night, yet was only 2.5 times over the legal limit for driving, and by the time the morning had come about was completely free of alcohol. However, there was potentially cochineal involved as well.

- The fact that she was compus mentus enough to give oral sex, rather than just an unconscious girl having intercourse.

- I guess it's a case of was she able to consent once Evans had joined them. Due to her memory loss their is no sure way to work this out. For me, dangerous to convict on this as you have to be 100% sure that she was not in a state to consent. I can see why Ched Evans appealed this and maintains his innocence.

That's nice, dear.

Becoming a little obsessed with me aren't you? It's just one of those things, it's happened to more intelligent people than you. I believe there is a support group available here:

http://www.ijustloveuj.co.uk

I've posted four words in reply to you on two threads.

Someone might want to take forums a wee bit less seriously.

Oh no. 30 odd words. Call me a stalker.