Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Starting to wonder whether Les or Ralph have had Guan or K' date='Billy silenced. Been very quiet from them for a bit?[/quote']

Guan's last post:

I have been away for a week, so will have to find out.

If the Townswnd stuff is true, i will not bother to post but just save time and facepalm 100 times.

So we know the Townsend stuff is true then :)

He doesn't say "expects" in this interview from 3:40...

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2425366-saintsfc-boss-ronald-koeman-speaks-to-bigadamsport-after-2-0-league-cup-r2-win-at-millwall

He says "I hope", which is completely different to expecting.

The wife looked a bit silly when she said she was expecting when all she meant was she was hoping.

So I just leave her hoping. But if she plays away on the other hand.....

As with Rojo and no doubt others we no longer have the status to sign that sort of player. The won't give up their participation in European Competition easily, we can offer whatever we like but not what they want. Some seem to vastly underestimate the standing European competitions give a player.

We'd be made to let him go now as we won't be able to replace him. I'd give him time this season under RK to make an impact.

RK doesn't seem to want him and Gaston won't want to lose any more time on the periphery of the team. His agent said as much back in July.

Been dropped by Uruguay you know, that must have p*ssed him off no end.

As with Rojo and no doubt others we no longer have the status to sign that sort of player. The won't give up their participation in European Competition easily, we can offer whatever we like but not what they want. Some seem to vastly underestimate the standing European competitions give a player.

Did we ever? we are never going to win out when trying to sign a player that a top 6 PL side want to sign.

Did we ever? we are never going to win out when trying to sign a player that a top 6 PL side want to sign.

We got Lovren and Victor last season when "top" clubs were umming and aahing over them but procrastinating overmuch. Doubt if we could sign either of them now if you see what I mean.

Just imagine if all 3 go....and we only bring in Redmond in the last minute for £15m or something! I predict a chaotic meltdown! ;)

Which would be undeestandable really.

Im hoping for no more outgoings and a reasonable signing out wide (we were willing to dump 12m on townsend) any more would be a pleasing bonus

Just imagine if all 3 go....and we only bring in Redmond in the last minute for £15m or something! I predict a chaotic meltdown! ;)

You could probably get several Redmonds for 15 million, anyway the synopsis of Morgan leaving would no doubt bring Townsend so we wouldn't need Redmond, won't happen

though.

In my random FM game the other day, I signed Belhanda. Based on what he did in that game in 1 season, (13 assists, 18 goals) then I think he'd be a great signing! ;)

Belhanda is like Rojo and Alderweireld, we don't have the status to sign such a player, wouldn't want to myself, he's a bit of a knob, good player when he wants to be, knob constantly.

Pretty much! Also, Clasie has been in consideration for a while. Be grateful that Vormer was only a momentary contemplation!

That's Guan.

Any chance for a update on where we stand? Lots going on! Cork/Gaston/Morgan 'potentially' out.......Toby/Classie/Townsend/Redmond in......do you think we'll see 1 or 2 players by the weekend? anything really close?

Pretty much! Also, Clasie has been in consideration for a while. Be grateful that Vormer was only a momentary contemplation!

Cheers Guan. We should get Clasie regardless.

- Cork doesn't appear to be due a new contract.

- Morgan's time here is basically on a count-down.

- Taider is an unknown quantity.

We got Lovren and Victor last season when "top" clubs were umming and aahing over them but procrastinating overmuch. Doubt if we could sign either of them now if you see what I mean.
No top clubs made serious moves for Wanyama or Lovren last summer, that's why we could sign them.

That's Guan.

Any chance for a update on where we stand? Lots going on! Cork/Gaston/Morgan 'potentially' out.......Toby/Classie/Townsend/Redmond in......do you think we'll see 1 or 2 players by the weekend? anything really close?

I think we'll see one player now, I don't see TA coming here now. I don't think anyone has come close to a good enough offer for the club to sell anyone, maybe an international loan. The trouble with Redmond is he seems a dedicated wing player, rather than be able to adapt, which has been a cornerstone of our recruitment scouting thus far.

That's very true - And those are the sort of players we should be signing. The one's the big clubs look at, but who don't think are ready.

We are your typical stepping stone club, I've pretty much accepted it! Attract and recruit young players who are being monitored by the elite clubs - but as you said, not yet ready for them. But get them performing in the PL and you then sell them for double what you bought them for.

Financially it's a genius model, but as a football model it's pretty depressing.

I think we'll see one player now, I don't see TA coming here now. I don't think anyone has come close to a good enough offer for the club to sell anyone, maybe an international loan. The trouble with Redmond is he seems a dedicated wing player, rather than be able to adapt, which has been a cornerstone of our recruitment scouting thus far.

International loan is interesting, suggests there may be legs in the Gaston talk.

Sounds like we're after someone who can float between the lines in the attacking third, but who has the pace and power to carry the ball forward....not a cheap area to recruit to it has to be said.

International loan is interesting, suggests there may be legs in the Gaston talk.

Sounds like we're after someone who can float between the lines in the attacking third, but who has the pace and power to carry the ball forward....not a cheap area to recruit to it has to be said.

you're very good of making 2=2 = 39!! You're assumptions are based on rumour, counter rumour and b******* and you try to make yourself sound clever and knowledgeable at the same time. Sad.

Enjoy your game of FM though....

you're very good of making 2=2 = 39!! You're assumptions are based on rumour, counter rumour and b******* and you try to make yourself sound clever and knowledgeable at the same time. Sad.

What the hell? When did i say anything I said was fact?

I was replying to Guan and I'm having a debate in a normal civilised way. What are you doing? Randomly shouting down and throwing insults for no reason at all. What exactly have I said that has offended you so greatly?

Give it a rest. S Clarke is one of the few posters on this forum actually worth a discussion with.

Whilst you concentrate on making yourself look a bit of a tit clearly ?

Not entirely sure where your vitriol comes from here ? In the whole S-Clark speaks a fair about of sense

What the hell? When did i say anything I said was fact?

I was replying to Guan and I'm having a debate in a normal civilised way. What are you doing? Randomly shouting down and throwing insults for no reason at all. What exactly have I said that has offended you so greatly?

Ha, that post was not a debate, it was a statement which I then referred to. The reason for the insult as you have taken it - although it could be argued that I was debating - is that I think your rationale is flawed. I'm permitted to state that in the spirit of free speech and you can then debate using facts and theory. You almost always use guess work based on little more than rumours and the words of anonymous posters - who you may or may not know in real life.

Nothing you said offended me, it would be very difficult to as it is literally words on a screen from someone I don't know. It's quite simple.

I think it would be a benefit to the forum if everyone was restricted to the number of posts as I think we would get a far better level of 'debate'!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, that post was not a debate, it was a statement which I then referred to. The reason for the insult as you have taken it - although it could be argued that I was debating - is that I think your rationale is flawed. I'm permitted to state that in the spirit of free speech and you can then debate using facts and theory. You almost always use guess work based on little more than rumours and the words of anonymous posters - who you may or may not know in real life.

Nothing you said offended me, it would be very difficult to as it is literally words on a screen from someone I don't know. It's quite simple.

I think it would be a benefit to the forum if everyone was restricted to the number of posts as I think we would get a far better level of 'debate'!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you're utterly oblivious to Guan 2.0's ITK knowledge then? I wasn't meaning anything to come across as fact, just putting my spin on what I felt could happen based on a post from someone who is proven to be very much ITK.

Sorry it seems to have bothered you so much.

I take it you're utterly oblivious to Guan 2.0's ITK knowledge then? I wasn't meaning anything to come across as fact, just putting my spin on what I felt could happen based on a post from someone who is proven to be very much ITK.

Sorry it seems to have bothered you so much.

He may well be totally ITK, but I think he is just certainly ITK some of the time, whereas K, Billysound appears to be 100% ITK.

You've over-reacted to my post. He uses words/phrases like "I think", "I cant see". Now this may well be his way of not be blunt with his information. Equally it is ambiguous and non-committal.

My initial response to your post which was based on Guans latest "hints" just meant to point out that you (as others also do) had and tend to use his info and other rumours etc, as gospel. You are a poster worth reading alot of the time, but that post highlighted your flaw on here. Making assumptions and fluffing them out does you no favours. Dont get sucked in.

Anyway, third post done. Till tomorrow!

With the squad as it is, Koeman is going to have very few options on the bench to change games, and we are always going to be a couple of injuries away from a crisis.

especially where the GK dept is concerned if Boluc departs after his strop, although I'm not expecting a further signing in this position.

He may well be totally ITK, but I think he is just certainly ITK some of the time, whereas K, Billysound appears to be 100% ITK.

You've over-reacted to my post. He uses words/phrases like "I think", "I cant see". Now this may well be his way of not be blunt with his information. Equally it is ambiguous and non-committal.

My initial response to your post which was based on Guans latest "hints" just meant to point out that you (as others also do) had and tend to use his info and other rumours etc, as gospel. You are a poster worth reading alot of the time, but that post highlighted your flaw on here. Making assumptions and fluffing them out does you no favours. Dont get sucked in.

Anyway, third post done. Till tomorrow!

We have to wait until tomorrow for your next injection of insight? :(

The days of us signing well regarded players from Celtic for £10 million plus and signing centre backs from second tier European clubs for £8m are clearly long behind us.

I think one of our mistakes (for want of a better word) this season in attempting to sign players is we have probably aimed a little too high and we are contending with the top 6 and losing out. Admirable ambition but unrealistic in the cold light of day and it wastes time when other avenues could be explored. Cortese obviously thought we could compete but he was in a fool's paradise brought on by having unrestricted access to funds which made him into a having a kid in a sweet shop mentality. Perhaps Les needs to lower his horizons and let's target realistic signings. Just a thought.

I think one of our mistakes (for want of a better word) this season in attempting to sign players is we have probably aimed a little too high and we are contending with the top 6 and losing out. Admirable ambition but unrealistic in the cold light of day and it wastes time when other avenues could be explored. Cortese obviously thought we could compete but he was in a fool's paradise brought on by having unrestricted access to funds which made him into a having a kid in a sweet shop mentality. Perhaps Les needs to lower his horizons and let's target realistic signings. Just a thought.

I cannot blame the Board for aiming high however the one thing they had as an advantage was to be aggressive with bids given the outgoings we had. The messing about has not only caused us to miss out on targets but also then overpay for others further down on the list, which is a bit pathetic. So not only do you not get the quality of player in that you want, you also end up losing more money from the sales to get in the second, third, fourth, fifth target or whatever.

I wish we had been more aggressive in the market at the start of the summer to take advantage of being a more appealing club to play for and the money we had available.