Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I don't think Koeman was saying he had never heard of Cerci. He was saying he hadn't heard of any rumours that the questioner was alluding to.

The whole thing was rather confused by the questioner mispronouncing the name several times and Koeman not having a clue what the prat was going on about. He then decided to ask a question about Wayne Rooney and another about Neil Warnock FFS!

Either way, I don't think we're after Cerci.

It's not happening, is it ?

I reckon we're done in the market. Hopefully out as well, if we are really done with incomings, since I dont think our squad can take much more weakening.

Uncle Les being too clever and the board too tight-fisted as well, probably. Either that or they are poor communicators unable to sell their vision, or maybe as has been alluded to by certain ex-players, the vision is simply pants.

Lets hope everyone stays fit..

Oh dear...http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/08/29/5067770/southampton-in-talks-to-loan-stoke-city-winger-shea

doesnt make a lot of sense. I don't know him, but if he is not good enough to have a regular starting place at Stoke, he is unlikely to have one with us. He's more likely to be a squad player and substitute. So if his motive to move is to get a regular start .......

I reckon we're done in the market. Hopefully out as well, if we are really done with incomings, since I dont think our squad can take much more weakening.

Uncle Les being too clever and the board too tight-fisted as well, probably. Either that or they are poor communicators unable to sell their vision, or maybe as has been alluded to by certain ex-players, the vision is simply pants.

Maybe. Personally I reckon there's still a good chance of us signing a winger. I just hope it is someone I've actually heard of!

And if we do get an attacking player of reasonable quality, then overall the squad won't look too bad. The main problem won't be the quality of the individual players - more the fact that they haven't played together and aren't yet a team.

Brek Shea's name cropped up in our summer 2012 and Jan 2013 transfer window threads so either he's someone our transfer committee have been aware of for a long time or this is repeat bullsh*t based on old rumours. I'm praying it's the latter..

I'd love to know how he ever got on our list - Apart from being very good on a very old FM. (Don't remember which one)

If he's not good enough for Stoke.. *smileyfacething

I honestly think the club have finished in the transfer market.. Think the selling of saints vision was one of many stumbling blocks, you look at the squad now and un surprisingly it's a shell of the team we had last season. One thing we lacked is depth and now the clubs gone backwards with even a smaller squad, with a couple academy players chucked in to hide the cracks.

If he's not good enough for Stoke.. *smileyfacething

I honestly think the club have finished in the transfer market.. Think the selling of saints vision was one of many stumbling blocks, you look at the squad now and un surprisingly it's a shell of the team we had last season. One thing we lacked is depth and now the clubs gone backwards with even a smaller squad, with a couple academy players chucked in to hide the cracks.

I think the problem is wages.

Would like Redmond, think he'd suit how we play very well and would be great linking up with Bertrand or Clyne. Thing is I haven't seen anything about him in the papers for ages, unless we're somehow keeping it really quiet but normally dealings between 2 english clubs get leaked very quickly

We must have been confident we could pay Townsend's 40 grand a week.

Redmond would jump at the chance of signing for us surely?

I dont think the problem with Townsend is wages - that seems more about Schneiderlin. Generally I think it is about wages. Clubs like QPR are prepared to pay more than us it seems (which I dont have a problem with).

I dont think the problem with Townsend is wages - that seems more about Schneiderlin. Generally I think it is about wages. Clubs like QPR are prepared to pay more than us it seems (which I dont have a problem with).

I don't understand? If we have bid for Townsend we obviously think we can pay his wages which are allegedly about 40k a week.

So why would wages generally be a problem? We could easily afford to sign some players if we are willing to pay that sort of cash, and players like Long, Forster, Pelle, Tadic wouldnt be on peanuts.

connected with him before, competiton from West Ham and another club of which I can't remember the name though.

Just a hunch. Barry Silkman has a German central defender coming in, hopes it will be concluded Monday, won't name club or player.

Norwich fans seem to think redmonds end product is pretty gash http://services.pinkunforums/pinkun/cs/forums/3165984/ShowPost.aspx

Would prefer stumping up 15m for townsend myself.

Check out his performance vs villa.pace power quick feet and scaring the defenders non stop http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8n7kdMJ_8

Spurs won't deal with us for Townsend, although if they signed another wide player then maybe.

Agree re Redmond, no end product but still can be a threat, and maybe we could improve him? End of the day, we need someone out wide, and seeing as we have brought in nearly 90m and spent about 40-50, we could surely afford to buy someone.

Just a hunch. Barry Silkman has a German central defender coming in, hopes it will be concluded Monday, won't name club or player.

Will be West Ham. I think they are about the only club that deal with the likes of Silkman. Besides, I don't think we are looking for another CB.

We want two players, wide man and right back cover I would assume. Alderweireld would have been ideal as can play RB and CB but he is going to Sunderland it seems.

Why don't we give Omar Rowe a go ffs, he has been quality for the U21's for the last 2 seasons. Been patiently awaiting his arrival and it never seems to arrive. We aren't going to qualify for europe, I don't think we'll get relegated (perhaps to early to be sure) so I think we should just blood the exciting youngsters... josh sims, rowe, sinclair etc etc. We need wide men, we have them in abundance in the development and u18 squads. Bloody pick them. I'd far rather develop from those 3 than waste £10m on Redmond to be a squad player.

Why don't we give Omar Rowe a go ffs, he has been quality for the U21's for the last 2 seasons. Been patiently awaiting his arrival and it never seems to arrive. We aren't going to qualify for europe, I don't think we'll get relegated (perhaps to early to be sure) so I think we should just blood the exciting youngsters... josh sims, rowe, sinclair etc etc. We need wide men, we have them in abundance in the development and u18 squads. Bloody pick them. I'd far rather develop from those 3 than waste £10m on Redmond to be a squad player.

Saints are a club that gives young players a chance if they are good enough...

Rowe was dropped from the U21s towards the end of the last season. The PL isnt the place to go out on a limb to play youth players who arent up to the standard.

Classic. Make up a scenario / outcome and blame someone at the club for it.

Redmond managed to find some end product against us last year

Was his only PL goal I think, or he may have scored one more.

Has zero goals or assists this season for Norwich also.

Compared to Shea he is brilliant, but in reality is ok.

Mind you, Schelotto would have been great compared to Shea. Hopefully that one is a made up rumour.

It's interesting that so many people are convinced that we need a RB more than a CB. Koeman stated early in his tenure that he wanted 2 players for each position so I understand that with Chambers gone why people think its important to get another one. My argument would be that we need a CB more than a RB. Yoshida plays RB for Japan fairly often, Crk "could" play there and then there are the up and coming Stephens and McCarthy (I may be wrong with that name - MLG will correct I'm sure). As soon as one CB is out for whatever reason it leaves Jos (or Stephens) as the CB on the bench, and if another is out....scary!!

So I guess my point is really this, would you prefer to go the season with Jos as CB cover or Yoshida as RB cover? If we only get one of these, which does seem the most likely scenario know.

It's interesting that so many people are convinced that we need a RB more than a CB. Koeman stated early in his tenure that he wanted 2 players for each position so I understand that with Chambers gone why people think its important to get another one. My argument would be that we need a CB more than a RB. Yoshida plays RB for Japan fairly often, Crk "could" play there and then there are the up and coming Stephens and McCarthy (I may be wrong with that name - MLG will correct I'm sure). As soon as one CB is out for whatever reason it leaves Jos (or Stephens) as the CB on the bench, and if another is out....scary!!

So I guess my point is really this, would you prefer to go the season with Jos as CB cover or Yoshida as RB cover? If we only get one of these, which does seem the most likely scenario know.

I'm sure Yoshida has played right back on a couple of occasions for us, during which he was absolutely bloody dog ****e. I think our best bet is to sign a right back who can also cover CB.

Brek shea is the best player I have seen live in mls by some distance. However he has gone backwards in the last couple of years. Would describe him as a very rough diamond.

signing would either work out to be a massive mistake or a stroke of genius. I would bet on the former, but the lad has ability no doubt.

would be an odd one, our scouts would be more than aware of him. Can't see it myself, lad has talent though.