Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Well we have had them for Ings ,Rhodes, Vokes, etc etc and McGoldrick has a decent scoring record

Ings is 21 a championship player of the season, Rhodes goalscoring record p*sses all over McGoldricks, as for Vokes maybe when we were in the champship but I've not seen anyone suggest him as a serious signing. McGoldrick has a very, very average scoring record all at championship level. So you no, no one would be saying we should sign him.

A goal every four games at second/third tier level. Patchy career achieving nothing of note. 26 years old, older than Lallana. Eight million quid.

There are no players that fit that description or anything close to that have been touted/recommnded on here.

The closest could be Rhodes but his goal record pi ss es all over McGoldrick and is younger.

Fair enough, 1 goal in 4 games in his career. Although his rate has improved as he got older and more experienced.

Fair enough, 1 goal in 4 games in his career. Although his rate has improved as he got older and more experienced.

Not enough for anyone on this forum to recommend we sign him.

And at 26 let's not assume he has boat loads of potential.

Edited by CB Fry

Yeah, but whilst everyone else in there is buying sausages for 49p, we're buying them for £6

Welbeck and nastic would be great. Nastasic an incredibly talented young cb and Welbeck can play as striker or as a right sided winger. Would be good for us and hes still fast.

No chance of either.

And their wages?

yeah lets take their wages too! at some point players like that will need to realise that their wages will drop or they don't play. They will need to work out whats more important to them. I doubt any of those "need" 60-70k+ per week!

Let's just take, Richards, Sinclair & Guidetti from Man City. Job done.

And their wages?

yeah lets take their wages too! at some point players like that will need to realise that their wages will drop or they don't play. They will need to work out whats more important to them. I doubt any of those "need" 60-70k+ per week!

No-one "needs" £60k+ p/w, but Micah Richards for example will be on that at Man City and there will be clubs that would pay it.

Half of that time in League One.
fair enough, but it stop RL. We all frown at lower league players but give them some foreign sounding name and our scouts are on them like a rash. The Italian league purchases being a prime example. i still think had McGoldrick not played here before he would have a bit more enthusiasm on here. I hope he goes to Leicester and does well. Yet another acadamy product come good.

Hes an appalling footballer. Even at lower league there are some you watch you think yeah they could step up, some you're not sure about, and others you just know won't stand a chance. I never thought anyone would take mcgoldrick to the premier league, Jesus.

Im starting to think we shouldn't sign anyone. There is just no value. Fair enough if you can find a tadic, and hopefully gardos, but this summer for most clubs has seen fees go up several notches in the mental stakes. I thought long was a rip off, and I think he's an ok top flight player, but he's going to end up looking good value! Where does it end.

He really isn't an appalling footballer. He is a decent Championship striker. he is actually pretty dangerous with the ball at his feet facing goal, no so good with back to goal, leading the line.

Leicester really are going to regret that £8m though.

Just for arguments sake we (can) only make one signing, which position should it be in? Striker?

Right winger maybe nice. Right back we don't really have cover. I'm far from convinced by Yoshida, but maybe Gardos will he good.

Just for arguments sake we (can) only make one signing, which position should it be in? Striker?

Assuming Gardos is as good as we all hope he is, and everyone stays, then for me a winger/attacking midfielder is key. Long, Pelle, Gallagher, Rodriguez and even Mayuka cameos should be enough up top.

Though of course another striker would be welcome!

He really isn't an appalling footballer. He is a decent Championship striker. he is actually pretty dangerous with the ball at his feet facing goal, no so good with back to goal, leading the line.

Leicester really are going to regret that £8m though.

This is adrian, what he says is gospel despite seemingly being miles of the mark for most of his 'knowledge'

Bids are in for players but i have no names atm, also something might still happen regards cork or ramirez leaving.

Does that mean something might happen with those two should we get our target(s)? Echo say Cork is the designated RB cover atm and I take it Koeman wants a player who is more suited to playing wide.

Retarded to say categorically Gaston and Cork are going nowhere if there is still a good chance they'll leave.

Gaston and Cork have played themselves into the team here, but I believe there are transfer options for both, hence there's a chance they may leave, but I think both will remain.