Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Um. What does it say?

Nabil Bahouis action in the Premier League this season has been highlighted. Bahoui was rewarded Tuesday with a spot in the National Team. Today, FD reveal that the Premier League club Southampton is in Sweden to study striker.

- I know of their interest. That's right but I do not really know until something is done, says Bahoui today to FotbollDirekt.se.

Nabil Bahouis fine season in the Premier League has not gone Erik Hamrén past - last Tuesday was AIK-winger in the team that training match against Estonia (4 September) and then initiates European Championship qualifiers against Austria (8 September).

- It feels great. I'm proud. Everyone around me is proud. Of course it feels good that I get a confirmation that I have succeeded, says Nabil Bahoui to FD.

But more than Hamrén has eyes on AIK's star midfielder.

According to information provided to the FD, there was Southampton's chief scout Bill Green on location at Friends Arena when AIK met Hacken Sunday. Everything for studying Bahoui.

- I know that there is a lot of interest. The important thing for me is to try to think as little as possible on this. I have told my agent that I do not want to know anything until the AIK is willing to agree to a deal, he said.

- Sometimes I have thought too much about things like this and then have a little hung.

According to FD data has Premier League club had Bahoui under surveillance since last season, his first in the Premier League.

According to several media reports as AIK would have 25-30 million for Bahoui, whose contract with Gnaget expires in July in 2016.

What do you spontaneously for a club like Southampton?

- I know that Ronald Koeman is the coach there ... it looks like a good club.

How do you look at the last days of the transfer window - what do you feel about the uncertainty? AIK or anything else?

- I know, I've come to realize that things can happen until the last minute of it. But right now I have to concentrate on the important matches with AIK and national team collection coming. I can not afford to think about anything else. It's the only thing that counts ..

- But yes, it is clear that it gives an extra kick to be recognized in this way.

Bahoui isn't a bad little player, I watch a bit of the Swedish league (follow Malmo to an extent, mostly Europa League games nowadays) and he does stand out as one of the better players. Very strong, quite a big guy for a winger and has a good delivery on him. Think he has a bit of a reputation in Sweden for set-pieces as well. For the right price he'd be a decent signing, but I think he'd be more of a squad option than a regular starter.

Bahoui isn't a bad little player, I watch a bit of the Swedish league (follow Malmo to an extent, mostly Europa League games nowadays) and he does stand out as one of the better players. Very strong, quite a big guy for a winger and has a good delivery on him. Think he has a bit of a reputation in Sweden for set-pieces as well. For the right price he'd be a decent signing, but I think he'd be more of a squad option than a regular starter.

Is he a run at players type winger like a Townsend type, or someone with good delivery?

Is he a run at players type winger like a Townsend type, or someone with good delivery?

Bit of both really, he's quite fond of little tricks and flicks that look good on the highlights - not sure how often they come off in a game though! He's not scared of trying to beat his man, but has a good enough delivery that he can put it in from a dead ball too.

Bit of both really, he's quite fond of little tricks and flicks that look good on the highlights - not sure how often they come off in a game though! He's not scared of trying to beat his man, but has a good enough delivery that he can put it in from a dead ball too.

Any comparison you could make in terms of style, with another PL player?

Because Ings was supposedly choosing between us and Liverpool. Once Liverpool decided not to sign Remy they should Ings would get the chance there.

So one month on from Remy's failed medical (he is not injured) where is Ings now with his move to Liverpool (if it actually existed in ayone's mind other than the unstable)?

Ergo, why is Saints still no longer an option his agent (not just the player) is interested in?

I'm more surprised that we played at Highbury last year. Did we draw Fleetwood in the Cup? ;)

Fair point re JWP though, I'd completely forgotten that (possibly due to Boruc-related shock). And obviously right re: Yoshida and Cork.

It will always be Highbury to an old git like me!

So one month on from Remy's failed medical (he is not injured) where is Ings now with his move to Liverpool (if it actually existed in ayone's mind other than the unstable)?

Ergo, why is Saints still no longer an option his agent (not just the player) is interested in?

So at the end Liverpool bought Balotelli anyway, probably never ever interested in Ings...why would they be. Didn't someone from Burnley say they had no offers for him whatsoever? Think they did but for that you'd have to dig up the Danny Ings thread. By the by Rémy might even replace Torres at Chelsea. Think Liverpool just blew him out because they either didn't really want him or they got wind of the possibility of Balotelli's availability.

Think it will come down to whoever we can get hold of on monday, more than likely a desperate panic buy

notice we are getting linked with more dross by the day like O'shea.

Is the plan to eventually sign Redmond and everyone is relieved that we haven't signed someone like O'shea

Think you are right we will end up with a panic buy as things do not seem to be going at all well on the incoming front and now we are Taider down aswell. If we are unlucky with a couple of injuries in positions we haven't got adequate cover then i think we could be in big big trouble this season

notice we are getting linked with more dross by the day like O'shea.

Is the plan to eventually sign Redmond and everyone is relieved that we haven't signed someone like O'shea

Think you are right we will end up with a panic buy as things do not seem to be going at all well on the incoming front and now we are Taider down aswell. If we are unlucky with a couple of injuries in positions we haven't got adequate cover then i think we could be in big big trouble this season

Where have we been linked with O'Shea? Can't see us being interested in Sunderland's Centre Back.

Clearly Clasie got wind Taider was leaving and signed up with Feyenoord quickly before we went in for him... ;)

So does this mean a call up for Reed or another one required by Monday night?

Will be interesting to see if we do bring one in - I'm guessing we won't - We clearly felt he had potential if the fee to make the deal permanent was £7m.

Brek Shea, wow that one is from left field! I had him in my fantasy team, mainly because he was so cheap! this one is "thinking out of the box", why him? hmmmmm. A highly regarded young MLS player, He was drafted 2nd overall by FC Dallas in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft, had several MOM and team of the week honors during his 2011 season, scoring 11 in 31 games. Full USA international ( Jürgen Klinsmann thinks he is good). Came to PL and done nothing to date. So, can we resurrect his career? a full USA intl that comes good would be a gold mine! the USA market is huge and must be in the forefront of Kreugers mind. He will be cheap and wages will be reasonable. Worth the gamble, if he becomes a star he will be worth 100x the fee. North Americans are getting all the pl soccer (i know its football to us). We have been attracting many admirers for our style and academy, new fans are looking for clubs to identify with. Manu are no longer a easy choice, and many like the underdogs with talent like SFC. This "out of the box" transfer may end up as a stoke of genius.

Shea was also wanted by Championship also rans Birmingham and Millwall:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/29/southampton-looking-to-add-brek-shea-on-loan/?

Got to hope we haven't gone from Townsend to this guy. Also quite hilarious now that some turned their nose up at the idea of Townsend, we are now looking at someone who failed to score in 8 games on loan at Barnsley next season. If, of course, this is true.

But would think US Goal might have some decent links to US Players.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Brek Shea, wow that one is from left field! I had him in my fantasy team, mainly because he was so cheap! this one is "thinking out of the box", why him? hmmmmm. A highly regarded young MLS player, He was drafted 2nd overall by FC Dallas in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft, had several MOM and team of the week honors during his 2011 season, scoring 11 in 31 games. Full USA international ( Jürgen Klinsmann thinks he is good). Came to PL and done nothing to date. So, can we resurrect his career? a full USA intl that comes good would be a gold mine! the USA market is huge and must be in the forefront of Kreugers mind. He will be cheap and wages will be reasonable. Worth the gamble, if he becomes a star he will be worth 100x the fee. North Americans are getting all the pl soccer (i know its football to us). We have been attracting many admirers for our style and academy, new fans are looking for clubs to identify with. Manu are no longer a easy choice, and many like the underdogs with talent like SFC. This "out of the box" transfer may end up as a stoke of genius.

We aren't a good enough team to **** around signing players with potential commercial abilities. He isn't good enough to improve our team. We were better than Stoke last year and rivals this. If we sold them Billy Sharp we would think, "what the **** have you bought him for?" and laugh at them.

I can guarantee that signing Shea and playing him every day would gain 0 North American supporters.

It's just getting worse....I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse under the tenure of Adkins.

Come Sept 1st our squad is going to be ooh so mediocre.

Last season will feel nothing but a dream.

Cortese gone,Pochettino gone....the dream has gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just getting worse....I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse under the tenure of Adkins.

You're absolutely right. Why do any of us bother to go on.

You thought it "couldn't get worse" when we got promoted consecutively and looked to be staying up in our first season in the PL?

How extraordinary.

Leave it out Les. The reason he did f*ck all at Stoke and Barnsley is because he is sh*t.

****ing shambles the whole transfer window..

'Ooo FIFA fair play, ooo wages, oooo wait until the deadline you bed wetters'

There really isn't an excuse IMO, everyone of those reasons could get floored. 6 signings out of high quality, 6 in with only 2 of any quality nearly equal to what we had. (Tadić, foster)

You know what's going to happen deadline day, a statement saying we couldn'tv get a couple across the line when they've had the whole ****ing window.

ITKS even **** me off, it's like a horoscope from guan, covering all bases then putting a smile when one of the thousand predictions comes in!

The 2-1 loss to Liverpool was weird... I had no emotion, I like many have supported saints through the roller coaster rides of saints, even recently with the minus 10 points and in league one. However to me this summer has hurt the most, it's like we sold the crown jewels and then shopped at lidl.

Rant over.

There really isn't an excuse IMO, everyone of those reasons could get floored. 6 signings out of high quality, 6 in with only 2 of any quality nearly equal to what we had. (Tadić, foster)

You know what's going to happen deadline day, a statement saying we couldn'tv get a couple across the line when they've had the whole ****ing window.

ITKS even **** me off, it's like a horoscope from guan, covering all bases then putting a smile when one of the thousand predictions comes in!

The 2-1 loss to Liverpool was weird... I had no emotion, I like many have supported saints through the roller coaster rides of saints, even recently with the minus 10 points and in league one. However to me this summer has hurt the most, it's like we sold the crown jewels and then shopped at lidl.

Rant over.

Guan is like the mongboard Russell Grant.

But we were expected to do well....we faltered when it counted to winning the league....we had the tools (eg Adkins,and he was a tool,the new fergie)..we couldn't fail.

But we did considering what he had at his disposal.

Anyway...Redmond is awful.Boruc please stay....we need a wide player,centre half and may I be as bold ....we need a striker.

Not withstanding keeping Morgan.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Who do we fancy as a replacement for Koeman?

Rant over.

Sums up my feelings totally

Rant over.

Good shout.

Rant over.

Well said

Rant over.

Yup.

Rant over.

Sums up my feelings totally

Good shout.

Well said

Saints are the 6th largest spenders in British football so far this summer. They've spent nearly £50m, and will probably go past that by the time the window closes.

That is one expensive Lidl store!

Saints are the 6th largest spenders in British football so far this summer. They've spent nearly £50m, and will probably go past that by the time the window closes.

Yeah, but whilst everyone else in there is buying sausages for 49p, we're buying them for £6

But before they started spending, they had a Lidl voucher for £92m. So up until now, we've actually spent f*ck all.