Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Guan is like the mongboard Russell Grant.

The next player we sign will be a player who knows their own mind, they will be a very social animal but also likes their own space. Family will be important for the next player we sign. This October will be a lucky month for our next signing and now might be the time for them to make that big decision. With the moon rising in Capricorn I think it is the time to start a new chapter and not put off to tomorrow what you can do today.

Have you seen Burnley's, Palace's, Leicester's etc etc transfers this summer? That is "shopping at Lidl", not spending circa £50m like Saints have.

Could not care less about them.

Our chairman came out and said a couple of times that we will be as strong come SeptemberONE as we were in May

So far, we are miles off

We have spent £50m, because clubs know we have £100m in the bank.

You only have to look at the long deal.

Does the Long deal really stand out compared to other recent English club to English club transfers in a post 2013 TV deal marketplace?

We could have got better value abroad, but we live in a time of Championship strikers being sold for £10m+. Shane Long for £12m doesn't stand out as much as it once would.

Dont forget that we have also sold a couple of faggot's for £7

Anyone we sold was far better value to the buying club than what we bought Pelle and Long for.

Unless you are one of those on here that hugely decreases the quality of players we have sold the minute they officially leave.

Anyone who thinks we have had anything but the worst transfer window in the league is deluded. Ask any non Saints fan and they will confirm it for you.

As far as player trading goes, in and out of the club, it has been poorly planned and executed.

Why does that confirm it? Most non Saints fans couldn't name all our incomings, let alone critique their footballing ability.

Does the Long deal really stand out compared to other recent English club to English club transfers in a post 2013 TV deal marketplace?

We could have got better value abroad, but we live in a time of Championship strikers being sold for £10m+. Shane Long for £12m doesn't stand out as much as it once would.

No, and I wish people would start judging the deal by who Hull bring in as a replacement. Who have they signed? A failed £12m bid for Rhodes is it so far. Or was it £10m for the Watford kid. Or £10m for that Hernandez from Palermo who doesn't have a record much better than Long, and not in the PL.

And then transfer fees are only part of the overall package. If people are going to go on about various transfer fees, then why not compare to the fee for Sagna.

Ok. Ask someone who knows their football but has no vested interest in Saints and they will tell you that our window has been terrible.

Is that better?

Terrible? Really? Perhaps you should wait and see where we finish before you make such generalised statements Charlie.

Nice to see people are now massively hyperventilating because we've lost Tadier.

Its not that though, is it? Window drawing to a close and you see other teams (who didnt sell five of their best players) looking like doing some good business. West Ham getting Song, QPR McCarthy to be a sub keeper when we have Davis. Sunderland closing on Van Dijk and maybe Alderweireld.

Nearly sll the teams that finished below us are stronger than last year. We most certainly are not - not even approaching being equal to last year.

That is why people are frustrated. We have only been back in the PL two seasons and in this window have put our place back in jeopardy.

Why did it takes us ages to replace Lovren when it was clear in June he would be going?

Have we replaced the goals we lost? Probably not.

Somehow we have spent £10m on a good keeper, yet if a loan offer comes in for Boruc, will be no stronger in that position than last year.

We brought in a good Manager who wants to play 4-3-3 with genuine wingers, and then despite him asking for one for weeks now, look to be scrambling around in the last couple of days hoping to pick someone up.

Forgive me for being a little frustrated, but Ralph said to judge in September and we will be pleasantly suprised. Since that interview we have loaned and lost Taider, overpaid for 27 year old Long and have signed Gardos who hasnt played yet and who will do very well to be anything like as good as the guy he is ultimately replacing.

With three days left, I dont see much to be pleasantly suprised by, do you?

Edited by Saint Charlie

Terrible? Really? Perhaps you should wait and see where we finish before you make such generalised statements Charlie.

It has been abysmal. I think the majority of saints fans would accept that. We clearly won't be finishing anywhere near where we did last season. I'm still going tomorrow and will cheer on the team, but let's not pretend that this window has been anything other than disastrous for the club.

Anyone we sold was far better value to the buying club than what we bought Pelle and Long for.

Unless you are one of those on here that hugely decreases the quality of players we have sold the minute they officially leave.

So you have decided against getting a girlfriend or taking up golf Charlie. Best hit the Prozac before the season is well under way then mate.

nicely sugar coated MLG 'saints 6th highest spenders', it's a stat the club would come out with to try and put a positive spin on the situation I'm sure. However in it's simplest form: profit in

You know this, I know this and the club do, so why come out with a second ridiculous statement comparing saints to palace, the club started of with + 92 million, imagine it as a 92 million Lidi gift card if it makes it earlier for you?

I'm sure you're just after a 'bite' much like s-Clarke hyperventilating comment.. + 10 troll points for you.

Its not that though, is it? Window drawing to a close and you see other teams (who didnt sell t of their best players) looking like doing some good business. West Ham getting Song, QPR McCarthy to be a sub keeper when we have Davis. Sunderland closing on Van Dijk and maybe Alderweireld.

Nearly sll the teams that finished below us are stronger than last year. We most certainly are not - not even approaching being equal to last year.

That is why people are frustrated. We have only been back in the PL two seasons and in this window have put our place back in jeopardy.

Why did it takes us ages to replace Lovren when it was clear in June he would be going?

Somehow we have spent £10m on a good keeper, yet if a loan offer comes in for Boruc, will be no stronger in that position than last year.

We brought in a good Manager who wants to play 4-3-3 with genuine wingers, and then despite him asking for one for weeks now, look to be scrambling around in the last couple of days hoping to pick someone up.

Forgive me for being a little frustrated, but Ralph said to judge in September and we will be pleasantly suprised. Since that interview we have loaned and lost Taider, overpaid for 27 year old Long and have signed Gardos who hasnt played yet and who will do very well to be anything like as good as the guy he is ultimately replacing.

QPR have just sold Remy haven't they?

But yeah, if a successful window is signing a back up keeper then QPR win hands down...

What's happened? I assume Schneiderlin had been sold?

You'd think so wouldn't you. But this is due to a player that has never played a minutes first team football being sent packing.

Now imagine if this was Cortese, we'd have signed him for £10m on a 4 year deal and been stuck with him. Les is more shrewd than this and got a try before you buy deal so we can send him back, you've got to hand it to Les Reed on this deal, negated the risks, fantastic bit of visionary directorship.

Anyone who thinks we have had anything but the worst transfer window in the league is deluded. Ask any non Saints fan and they will confirm it for you.

As far as player trading goes, in and out of the club, it has been poorly planned and executed.

I asked a non Saints fan earlier and he had no idea what was happening at the club. He is a Manchester United fan and spent hours telling me how pants their transfer window had been.

It has been abysmal. I think the majority of saints fans would accept that. We clearly won't be finishing anywhere near where we did last season. I'm still going tomorrow and will cheer on the team, but let's not pretend that this window has been anything other than disastrous for the club.

Why do people think we'd be finishing 8th. I still think about 12th will be fine, not too far from where we did last season.

Its not that though, is it? Window drawing to a close and you see other teams (who didnt sell five of their best players) looking like doing some good business. West Ham getting Song, QPR McCarthy to be a sub keeper when we have Davis. Sunderland closing on Van Dijk and maybe Alderweireld.

Agree with every word of that. Excellent post.

Thats a fair summary. The biggest crime of this shambles is letting Lovren go without a replacement, without a doubt.

So you have decided against getting a girlfriend or taking up golf Charlie. Best hit the Prozac before the season is well under way then mate.

One simple question for you, which you will probably bottle.

Which teams have had a worse summer than us in terms of player trading? I bet you can't name one.

Could not care less about them.

Our chairman came out and said a couple of times that we will be as strong come SeptemberONE as we were in May

So far, we are miles off

Of course you couldnt care about comparing other Premiership clubs because it doesnt help your agenda. You dont know we will be miles off until the seaon is well under way but that doesnt stop you talking rubbish Delldays does it?

Ok. Ask someone who knows their football but has no vested interest in Saints and they will tell you that our window has been terrible.

Is that better?

OK last ask errrr I know John Motson

Ronald Koeman has certainly slowed the panic down and looks to have spent wisely. Dusan Tadic can come in off the line in the style of the departed Lallana. And in Shane Long, they have got a player who can produce 10-12 goals a season.

It wouldn't surprise me in the long run if he and Graziano Pelle make a pair up front. I think their different styles mesh well.

Koeman doesn't strike me as a man with a defeatist look on his face. Despite the difficult summer that Saints have had, they might well surprise a few people this season.

Of course you couldnt care about comparing other Premiership clubs because it doesnt help your agenda. You dont know we will be miles off until the seaon is well under way but that doesnt stop you talking rubbish Delldays does it?

What in earth are you on about. What possible agenda could I have posting on a message board?

Ronald Koeman has certainly slowed the panic down and looks to have spent wisely. Dusan Tadic can come in off the line in the style of the departed Lallana. And in Shane Long, they have got a player who can produce 10-12 goals a season.

It wouldn't surprise me in the long run if he and Graziano Pelle make a pair up front. I think their different styles mesh well.

Koeman doesn't strike me as a man with a defeatist look on his face. Despite the difficult summer that Saints have had, they might well surprise a few people this season.

Shane long has never scored that many goals in a prem season.

Noooooo well balanced comments here please. We are only at home to the wrist slitting, bedwetting, glass half empty posters. :mcinnes:

You'd think so wouldn't you. But this is due to a player that has never played a minutes first team football being sent packing.

Now imagine if this was Cortese, we'd have signed him for £10m on a 4 year deal and been stuck with him. Les is more shrewd than this and got a try before you buy deal so we can send him back, you've got to hand it to Les Reed on this deal, negated the risks, fantastic bit of visionary directorship.

Exactly Rich. Glad we're still on the same page here.

For the rest of you...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgaPwtOqLiBFIjO0vNLTkf6vSwLpAVN4hfJOqJp_iWpCvwO6MT

Shane long has never scored that many goals in a prem season.

Okay Delldays, let us really hope that he doesnt score 10 to 12 goals this season and just think how good you can feel about yourself. FFS get a grip mate. It is almost as if you are willing the team to fail.

Okay Delldays, let us really hope that he doesnt score 10 to 12 goals this season and just think how good you can feel about yourself. FFS get a grip mate. It is almost as if you are willing the team to fail.

Have you seen my question to you re a team who has had a worse player trading window than us?

Hardly. They have a poor team by their standards but player for player are better now than in May.

Any others?

Notice the guy the question was asked to hasnt responded.

QPR and Palace are really tearing up the premiership..I am sure I can find others but frankly it isnt worth spending any more time on this cr*p.

Of course I hope he scores that many bernie, but let's not pretend he ever has

Where do I will the team to fail. I say it as I see it. We are a way off as a team in quality as we were in May and this is not a good transfer window for us

What is wrong in saying that?

I predicted saints would beat WBA, did you tell me I was clueless then? I also think we will draw tomorrow. Is that deluded or wetting the bed?