Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Newcastle interested in Toby Alderweireld who has himself now handed in a transfer request at Atletico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He must fancy someone who's after him then. It would be a shame if Newcastle got him over us

Does anyone know if Van Dijk can do a job at right back?

Even in the desperation of a last day in the window, how on earth can Nathan Redmond be worth £9m?

Because Shane Long cost £12m, McGoldrick will cost £8m.

Fee's mean nothing anymore. No reflection on the ability of the player or the stature. As I said with Long, ignore the fee...just look at what he'd bring us as a player.

VVD would be superb signing , I watch him a lot and there is much more to his game than just another central defender , he is great at bringing the ball out from the back , has a very strong and accurate free kick and a killer with the head at corners. If koeman makes just one more signing he should make sure its Virgil. Plus the age is perfect and he would improve in the prem IMO

Would be surprised personally if we went for a CB. Koeman said when we signed Gardos that we wouldn't be getting another one, and it would be hard to keep them all happy. Gardos would effectively be a fourth choice which I presume he didn't sign up for.

Would be a great signing though, of course.

Winger is the area we are most desperate for IMO.

Even in the desperation of a last day in the window, how on earth can Nathan Redmond be worth £9m?

It would have been a lot in the past, but £9m for Nathan Redmond doesn't stand out compared to other English club to English club transfers in the current marketplace (post massive 2013 TV deal).

Would be surprised personally if we went for a CB. Koeman said when we signed Gardos that we wouldn't be getting another one, and it would be hard to keep them all happy. Gardos would effectively be a fourth choice which I presume he didn't sign up for.

Why do you think that? Although Fonte was named captain, if van Dijk joined I think it would soon end up with Gardos and van Dijk as the centre back pairing. It would be Yoshida as 4th choice and Fonte as 3rd choice and the back up on the bench.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Please supply the link to video or quotes as I do not recall these exact words, I just recall that it was hinted or from what he said made it sound like that. More than happy to be proved wrong, it's just a few people have said that to me and I think I've followed everything this summer!

Maybe the logic in my head that we definitely need another CB has effected my memory!

And if we did I doubt Gardos will be fourth choice, I fully expect him to be first choice, yes better than Fonte!

Please supply the link to video or quotes as I do not recall these exact words, I just recall that it was hinted or from what he said made it sound like that. More than happy to be proved wrong, it's just a few people have said that to me and I think I've followed everything this summer!

Maybe the logic in my head that we definitely need another CB has effected my memory!

And if we did I doubt Gardos will be fourth choice, I fully expect him to be first choice, yes better than Fonte!

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11414036.Koeman__No_more_centre_back_signings/

Just saying that Gardos, Fonte, VvD and Yoshida would all be wanting to start, might be difficult to manage.

Yes but its just speculation. The other day he was nailed on going to Sunderland.

Will probably move somewhere, but loads of teams seem keen including some in Germany.

Why do you think that? Although Fonte was named captain, if van Dijk joined I think it would soon end up with Gardos and van Dijk as the centre back pairing. It would be Yoshida as 4th choice and Fonte as 3rd choice and the back up on the bench.

A game of opinions but I am fairly certain Fonte will not be third choice - new contract and team captain etc. Gardos is fighting for a first team spot with Yoshida as I see it. If he was that good he'd start. Can't see us signing another central defender unless we can shift Hooiveld.

Fee's mean nothing anymore. No reflection on the ability of the player or the stature. As I said with Long, ignore the fee...just look at what he'd bring us as a player.

Good point. He put a great cross in yesterday for the Norwich goal and he has pace.

As far as the fee goes, I suppose the bargain we seem to have got in Tadic coupled with the massive fees we've got in, level out what we paid for Long and what we are likely to pay for Redmond.

A game of opinions but I am fairly certain Fonte will not be third choice - new contract and team captain etc. Gardos is fighting for a first team spot with Yoshida as I see it. If he was that good he'd start. Can't see us signing another central defender unless we can shift Hooiveld.

Would give us the option of fielding a back 3 or 5 though.

No. Taider has been allowed to return to Italy partly because Cork is now staying. Pretty sure Taider was brought in to replace Cork who was on brink of move to palace before Pulis left.

I thought the club said that there had been no offers for Cork so far? And why would Pullis walk over transfers if he had just put in a £3m bid for Cork?

Gardos missed a significant part of pre-season, which is key to why he hasn't played for us yet. I think he'll be starting for Saints after the international break, Koeman suggested as much in a recent interview.

A ridiculous statement.

Just because you're indifferent to finances, doesn't mean that value for money considerations go out the window. Every player 'brings something' -as trite and disingenuous a statement as you'll hear- doesn't mean that there isn't a limit on what a club should pay.

Edited by shurlock

Gardos missed a significant part of pre-season, which is key to why he hasn't played for us yet. I think he'll be starting for Saints after the international break, Koeman suggested as much in a recent interview.

Where did he suggest he'll be starting for Saints after the international break? What did he say exactly?

Dundee are my second team so taking advantage the opportunity to watch them which I rarely get the chance to do! Celtic look gash without him (though tbh they looked gash with him). Tater just said that the reason he's not in the squad today is because his wife/girlfriend is expecting a baby any time and he's not focused on football (fair play). But they also said he'll be staying at Celtic. With that and the fact that Koeman said we're not after another CB, I think this one's probably dead.

Does look quality though, best thing we can do is keep an eye on him through the next 10 months and see if he has another consistent season. Would be delighted to see him join us next season.