Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I'm sure Yoshida has played right back on a couple of occasions for us, during which he was absolutely bloody dog ****e. I think our best bet is to sign a right back who can also cover CB.

I agree, he did not look great but I feel more confident with him at RB than JH at CB. Nightmare scenario is both have to play!!! We definitely need a player like Yoshida who can do both, but better!! Tough though. Micah Richards would be perfect.

Morgan is disillusioned by the PL and does not want to return to it.

This would suggest otherwise...

Sky Sports understands unsettled Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano is desperate to secure a move to West Ham.

The 29-year-old reportedly had a training ground bust up with Marseille coach Marcelo Bielsa and is keen to exit the club.

And Amalfitano is prepared to go on strike to ensure he returns to the Premier League with the Hammers before the closure of the transfer window at the end of this month.

Amalfitano, who has one international cap for France, was on loan in England with West Brom last season.

During his time at The Hawthorns, Amalfitano scored four goals in 28 appearances for Albion.

Amalfitano started his career in France with Sedan and spent three years at Lorient before moving to Marseille in 2011.

It's interesting that so many people are convinced that we need a RB more than a CB. Koeman stated early in his tenure that he wanted 2 players for each position so I understand that with Chambers gone why people think its important to get another one. My argument would be that we need a CB more than a RB. Yoshida plays RB for Japan fairly often, Crk "could" play there and then there are the up and coming Stephens and McCarthy (I may be wrong with that name - MLG will correct I'm sure). As soon as one CB is out for whatever reason it leaves Jos (or Stephens) as the CB on the bench, and if another is out....scary!!

So I guess my point is really this, would you prefer to go the season with Jos as CB cover or Yoshida as RB cover? If we only get one of these, which does seem the most likely scenario know.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that at Highbury last year, when Clyne came off at h-t (injured I think) and Chambers was on the bench, Poch played JWP at r-b for the whole of the 2nd half, where he looked completely at home. It was possibly the best half I've seen him play for Saints. He'd be best cover for Clyne out of the existing squad I reckon, certainly better than Yoshida or Cork.

Sky Sports understands unsettled Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano is desperate to secure a move to West Ham.

The 29-year-old reportedly had a training ground bust up with Marseille coach Marcelo Bielsa and is keen to exit the club.

And Amalfitano is prepared to go on strike to ensure he returns to the Premier League with the Hammers before the closure of the transfer window at the end of this month.

Amalfitano, who has one international cap for France, was on loan in England with West Brom last season.

During his time at The Hawthorns, Amalfitano scored four goals in 28 appearances for Albion.

Amalfitano started his career in France with Sedan and spent three years at Lorient before moving to Marseille in 2011.

Turned West Ham down actually, so where you get your bolloaks from I've no idea. He doesn't want to go back to the PL. OM wanted to sell him to West Ham, he was having none of it. Wants to stay in france if possible but if not then Spain.

**** me he must be desperate.

Quick message for Guan 2.0, would it be fair to say that our targets have proved too difficult to get over line or will real action only start sunday morning? Really don't mind if we end up with at least one of our targets, slightly worrying if we smash and grab at last minute with a player previously not on radar! Actually think with a fit Gaston and JC getting more game time, we look half decent on paper! Just feel we need a winger obviously and one solid CB cover/starter

As I said in my earlier posts (and FF echoed recently) I thought our first choice targets were unrealistic. When they weren't, pure dumb luck conspired against us. Look at Ings. Club were confident, good initial feedback, but as soon as Remy got injured, suddenly a move to saints was the last thing on his agent's mind.

I don't think saints would ever deliberately wait until the final day, but events may conspire to force that situation. And I still am banking on one player only coming in.

As I said in my earlier posts (and FF echoed recently) I thought our first choice targets were unrealistic. When they weren't, pure dumb luck conspired against us. Look at Ings. Club were confident, good initial feedback, but as soon as Remy got injured, suddenly a move to saints was the last thing on his agent's mind.

I don't think saints would ever deliberately wait until the final day, but events may conspire to force that situation. And I still am banking on one player only coming in.

Any names? Redmond? Brek Shea?

Ok, Redmond rumours are going from warm to hot up here in Norwich !

Just trawled the Norwich forums and can't even find a recent thread on Redmond so his future doesn't seem to be a topic for conversation their end.

Can anyone find anything from the Norwich end suggesting this is happening (or even a possibility)?

Dalek must have been trawling all the Wetherspoons to get these rumours rather than online...

He was one of the names mentioned as back-up to Townsend (what a pair of heroes btw :mcinnes:).

Redmond's got the potential IMO, got all the attributes to be a quality winger ( pace, skill etc) just needs to mature his footballing brain. Koeman will like sshat, developing playersh is hish forte

Where and how does an injury to Remy come into the pursuit of Ings? The flip-flopping between players mid-sentence has me scratching my head (not for the first time)

Where and how does an injury to Remy come into the pursuit of Ings? The flip-flopping between players mid-sentence has me scratching my head (not for the first time)

Because Ings was supposedly choosing between us and Liverpool. Once Liverpool decided not to sign Remy they should Ings would get the chance there.

Redmond's got the potential IMO, got all the attributes to be a quality winger ( pace, skill etc) just needs to mature his footballing brain. Koeman will like sshat, developing playersh is hish forte

I agree. Think he's worth a punt at £6m (the rumoured fee Stoke had agreed).

Only 20 years old, and gives us that speed & acceleration we might need to turn a game.

He means that his agent had his head turned by the chance of Liverpool once it became clear Remy wasn't going there.

Saints are a club that gives young players a chance if they are good enough...

Rowe was dropped from the U21s towards the end of the last season. The PL isnt the place to go out on a limb to play youth players who arent up to the standard.

I thought he got injured for a spell towards the end of last season? Either way, he is one for the future, he's been a star for the development teams for the last few seasons. Can't see that he can excel at that level and not at least reach prem standard considering the other players we've brought through. Ultimately he is a winger, and whilst it is easier to adapt at that level, Poch's game would not have suited him.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that at Highbury last year, when Clyne came off at h-t (injured I think) and Chambers was on the bench, Poch played JWP at r-b for the whole of the 2nd half, where he looked completely at home. It was possibly the best half I've seen him play for Saints. He'd be best cover for Clyne out of the existing squad I reckon, certainly better than Yoshida or Cork.

I'm more surprised that we played at Highbury last year. Did we draw Fleetwood in the Cup? ;)

Fair point re JWP though, I'd completely forgotten that (possibly due to Boruc-related shock). And obviously right re: Yoshida and Cork.

Yep, I imagine Balotelli, Sturridge, Stirling. Lambo and Markovic would be enough! Only points to Ings staying with Burnley for now

I think Ings is happy to see out his contract. Burnley will go down almost certainly so he will want to move on in any case. There summer acquisitions are somewhat underwhelming. They will get a development fee via tribunal for him so they wont be totally screwed over.