Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Quick message for Guan 2.0, would it be fair to say that our targets have proved too difficult to get over line or will real action only start sunday morning? Really don't mind if we end up with at least one of our targets, slightly worrying if we smash and grab at last minute with a player previously not on radar! Actually think with a fit Gaston and JC getting more game time, we look half decent on paper! Just feel we need a winger obviously and one solid CB cover/starter

Unrealistic because we aren't after a replacement for Fonte or Clyne and Alderweireld wouldn't realistically come to us as back-up?

It will be an outrage if we don't spend eight million quid on a new right back this window.

In other news, it's an effing disgrace Nathaniel Clyne is overlooked for England AGAIN.

Losing out to Sunderland is grim. Would have been a great addition.

If we lose out to Sunderland on Van Dijk aswell then I will be seriously pi**ed off!! Think we still need at least 3 players but reckon we will only get one. Ralph said judge us on 1st september well at the moment I will give the board a big thumbs down but we will see what transpires over the next 4 days. Sign Van Dijk , Clasie and someone like Lens and only lose Jos and then they will get a thumbs up but i won't hold my breath

If we lose out to Sunderland on Van Dijk aswell then I will be seriously pi**ed off!! Think we still need at least 3 players but reckon we will only get one. Ralph said judge us on 1st september well at the moment I will give the board a big thumbs down but we will see what transpires over the next 4 days. Sign Van Dijk , Clasie and someone like Lens and only lose Jos and then they will get a thumbs up but i won't hold my breath

Speaking of the little fella...

Total Dutch Football @TotalDutchFB

Jordy Clasie talking to FoxSports.nl: "My future is not decided" #Feyenoord

Totally agree. I still think we need a winger / creative, attacking midfielder and a poacher of a striker more than anything else. A proper fox in the box has to be a priority as we just don't look like we've got goals in us at all.

I'm glad to see that this thread is finally getting back onto topic a little after the massive discussion about Boruc (why doesn't someone start a new topic to discuss that?!). Anyway, perhaps I can help to get things back on track... I've been trying to think through which potential transfers have been discussed recently and come up with the following summary:

Potential Signings

* Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid) – Koeman has ruled him out as not possible

* Virgil Van Dijk (Celtic) – Strong rumours that we are interested even though Koeman has previously ruled out signing another CB. Rumours have resurfaced after Celtic exited Champions League.

* Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord) – With Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Cork, JWP, Reed, Davis, Ramirez, Tadic, Taiider all available to play in central midfield it would seem strange to sign another player in there, but on the other hand if he is good enough or has that much potential then why not?!

* Andros Townsend (Spuds) – MoPo has said he’s going nowhere and the inevitable pressure to sell Morgan make it unlikely we would deal with Spuds.

* Nathan Redmond (Norwich) – Young player with bags of potential and would give us another option on the wing as well as Tadic and Isgrove.

* Danny Ings (Burnley) – Ings apparently declared his commitment to Burnley earlier in the summer and there has been little recent news about Saints potentially signing him.

* Alessio Cerci (Torino) – Rumours that Arsenal are in the market to sign him and leading the race.

* Davie Selke (Werder Bremen) – a new rumour with other rumours that Bremen are cash-strapped and that Benfica are also interested.

Potential Departures

* Artur Boruc – Upset at losing his first team place and dropped from the squad until his position is made clearer.

* Morgan Schneiderlin – The club have stated categorically that he is not leaving.

* Gaston Ramirez – Ronald Koeman has declared that he is not going anywhere despite rumours linking him with Sevilla.

* Jack Cork – Koeman has also said that he will stay according to the BBC.

* Jay Rodriguez – As above = not going anywhere.

* Jos Hooiveld – Rumoured this week that he may be about to go to Burnley.

So... is that a comprehensive list? Have I missed anyone?

Koeman said he had never heard of Cerci in his press conference today.

Really? Damn. I thought he might have best fitted in with Guan's criteria of not being a generic winger.

Lets see if anything comes out from Koeman's chat with the written-press today. That should be hitting online soon.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Really? Damn. I thought he might have best fitted in with Guan's criteria of not being a generic winger.

Lets see if anything comes out from Koeman's chat with the written-press today. That should be hitting online soon.

Yeah although the Journalist did mumble the name as possible he didnt understand who he was on about.

Have to say the standard and intelligence of the questions in those pressers is laughably poor.

If we are getting two by Monday then I would expect some more concrete links will emerge very soon.

Looks good to me. Glad I'm off to the Dordogne this weekend and that I'll miss the mad scramble. We need three more IMO (RW, RB/CB cover, and another striker) but reckon it will be a bit of an anti-climax. Doesn't sound like we are close to anyone, and a bit deflating that Sunderland appear to be in pole position for a couple of our targets. Would have hoped that Koeman's reputation would have helped secure any decent prospects from the Low Countries.

Looks good to me. Glad I'm off to the Dordogne this weekend and that I'll miss the mad scramble. We need three more IMO (RW, RB/CB cover, and another striker) but reckon it will be a bit of an anti-climax. Doesn't sound like we are close to anyone, and a bit deflating that Sunderland appear to be in pole position for a couple of our targets. Would have hoped that Koeman's reputation would have helped secure any decent prospects from the Low Countries.

Koeman's reputation might help secure a signing, the problem is that Reed has to sell the vision first and that is where i reckon it all falls down, he seems like a ditherer, I can imagine he has the charisma of a wet flannel, I fear the problem is he just can't sell the club to any potential players. I'd love to be proved wrong though

Koeman's reputation might help secure a signing, the problem is that Reed has to sell the vision first and that is where i reckon it all falls down, he seems like a ditherer, I can imagine he has the charisma of a wet flannel, I fear the problem is he just can't sell the club to any potential players. I'd love to be proved wrong though

Could be, all the players we have got this summer have been where the move is a no brainer for them. Mostly a chance to play PL football, big pay rise or in the case of Long a family decision.

He sold it to 7 players this so far this summer. So you've been proven wrong 7 times.

Given the exodus, I cant see a hell of a lot wrong with the incoming signings. What exactly was he supposed to sell to them?

.....just can't sell the club to any potential players.

To be expected after what has happened this summer - until we start to be seen to be playing 'good football' and it can be seen that any risks associated with us (i.e. relegation) have gone away, we will simply not be attractive to what we see as 'class' players. It is simply unrealistic to expect it to be any different.

Sad, considering where we were last year, but, hey, life's a bîtch, it's happened, it cannot be changed, so let's get on with the new season - you never know, it might just turn out to be a damn good one!

He sold it to 7 players this so far this summer. So you've been proven wrong 7 times.

That is true, I'm not sure what other options the players had though, also were they all our first choices?. I reckon Pelle and Tadic were down to Koeman, did Taider want to come or was he pushed? Long was desperate to get away, Forster, I didn't hear of any other interest.

As I said I'd love to be proved wrong but

Well he got Koeman in, and I think that would have taken a seriously good impression. I think Reed does very well in getting in players. On the whole we get the better transfers of the bottom 13 of the premier league and now and again we get the odd coup. Though they don't always turn out so well.. (Osvaldo, yes a coup, top scorer in Serie A coming to St Mary's after our first season back in the PL 14th and skirting relegation at stages?). I have to disagree with you and I have to say I don't know where you get wet towel and ditherer from. Never seemed like that in any of his interviews.

The manager's reputation definitely plays a huge part though as you say. But I don't think Reed is detrimental to bringing in new signings. His impact on incumbent players and the exodus of the summer I have no idea though and doubt anyone outside the club ever will.

I think the way this is playing out it will be a busy deadline day for us in both directions

Not sure. Can't see Koeman putting himself out there saying no outgoings if there were indeed some exits. Strikes me that he'd be less definitive in his comments from overnight.

I'm glad to see that this thread is finally getting back onto topic a little after the massive discussion about Boruc (why doesn't someone start a new topic to discuss that?!). Anyway, perhaps I can help to get things back on track... I've been trying to think through which potential transfers have been discussed recently and come up with the following summary:

Potential Signings

* Toby Alderweireld (Atletico Madrid) – Koeman has ruled him out as not possible

* Virgil Van Dijk (Celtic) – Strong rumours that we are interested even though Koeman has previously ruled out signing another CB. Rumours have resurfaced after Celtic exited Champions League.

* Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord) – With Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Cork, JWP, Reed, Davis, Ramirez, Tadic, Taiider all available to play in central midfield it would seem strange to sign another player in there, but on the other hand if he is good enough or has that much potential then why not?!

* Andros Townsend (Spuds) – MoPo has said he’s going nowhere and the inevitable pressure to sell Morgan make it unlikely we would deal with Spuds.

* Nathan Redmond (Norwich) – Young player with bags of potential and would give us another option on the wing as well as Tadic and Isgrove.

* Danny Ings (Burnley) – Ings apparently declared his commitment to Burnley earlier in the summer and there has been little recent news about Saints potentially signing him.

* Alessio Cerci (Torino) – Rumours that Arsenal are in the market to sign him and leading the race.

* Davie Selke (Werder Bremen) – a new rumour with other rumours that Bremen are cash-strapped and that Benfica are also interested.

Potential Departures

* Artur Boruc – Upset at losing his first team place and dropped from the squad until his position is made clearer.

* Morgan Schneiderlin – The club have stated categorically that he is not leaving.

* Gaston Ramirez – Ronald Koeman has declared that he is not going anywhere despite rumours linking him with Sevilla.

* Jack Cork – Koeman has also said that he will stay according to the BBC.

* Jay Rodriguez – As above = not going anywhere.

* Jos Hooiveld – Rumoured this week that he may be about to go to Burnley.

Good list, but don't believe we will be signing any of them...

Porto no longer interested in Clasie.

Surely we arent unless we lose one or two central midfielders? We already have too many in that area.

If we want him, sign him. We're currently strong with numbers & quality there at the moment, but.

- We get a year more max from Morgan.

- Cork future is still up in there air.

- Taider is an unknown quantity.

I thought he had a glint in his eye when he said he had never heard of him as if to say "Yes I have heard of him but there is no way I am going to let you know if we are close or not to getting him"

I am probably wrong

Would love clasie, even though its our strongest position. I think we would be signing a potentially world class player,loved his little cameos in the world cup looked a massive step up from winajldrum sp,and was always looking for a killer pass.

To be honest id rather the signings were more koeman buys anyway.cant see the point in spunking our money in the severely overpriced english market, would rather koeman brought in some of the top eridvisie players with his contacts

I thought he had a glint in his eye when he said he had never heard of him as if to say "Yes I have heard of him but there is no way I am going to let you know if we are close or not to getting him"

I am probably wrong

It is hard to imagine RK has never heard of the bloke. I mean I haven't heard of him, but I haven't been managing European football teams for the better part of two decades.

Porto no longer interested in Clasie.

Surely we arent unless we lose one or two central midfielders? We already have too many in that area.

In my opinion Clasie is a massive step up on Steven Davis, Cork and JWP. From the times I have seem him play, he reminds me of a 'Paul Scholes-type' player.

I am obviously not saying that he is as good as Paul Scholes (arguably the finiest footballer England has produced in my lifetime - just ask any United player from the past 20 years), but Clasie would improve the side considerably.

Then if we do get an injury, we can turn to Cork, Davis & JWP and not have to look at what is in the U-18s

Would love clasie, even though its our strongest position. I think we would be signing a potentially world class player,loved his little cameos in the world cup looked a massive step up from winajldrum sp,and was always looking for a killer pass.

To be honest id rather the signings were more koeman buys anyway.cant see the point in spunking our money in the severely overpriced english market, would rather koeman brought in some of the top eridvisie players with his contacts

Totally agree