Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

[

Spurs looked really ****e...Shame..well not really...

61% possession to spurs but lost to a big team.............. sounds about right for a Poch team

Maybe the thought on Morgan's mind today is that his world looks a lot brighter than it did a month ago. :)

@johncrossmirror: Southampton have rejected bids from Crystal Palace, Leicester and Swansea for Jack Cork. Set to stay even tho in final year of contract

Good news, besides Cork can surely do better than Leicester and Palace. Swansea would be a good fit for him IMO but we definitely should not sell.

Can't remember seeing these quotes before?

Ronald Koeman is hopeful Saints will sign a defender and a winger before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm tomorrow – but is prepared to allow Saphir Taider to leave little over three weeks after he joined the club.

A turbulent summer of ins and outs at St Mary’s will finally draw to a close tomorrow evening, and before then Koeman is optimistic of adding two fresh faces to his squad.

“We are close but it has to be close,” said Koeman of potential new recruits.

“A defensive player and winger are the two positions we look for.”

lol @ spurs fans getting frustrated by the 'stop' and go backwards tactic.

Get used to it.

Taking it well on The fighting cocks forum:lol:

Last week Poch was lauded as the second coming of Bill Nic, having master-minded massive victories such as

- last minute lucky win over a bottom 8 side

- win over a Championship side

- wins over some Cypriot pig farmers

In our first test of reasonable substance we were completely and utterly found out and embarrassed - no gut, no fight, no spark, no system - sound familiar? Not to mention leaving Pauilnho outside the squad. Apart from Lamela and Dyer players looks disinterested - I thought AVB was the problem?

With few days left if this transfer season, I genuinely hope we can address some of the glaring issues in a team which is substantially short on quality in number of areas, namely LW, Striker, and a Left Back

I really want Poch to succeed but he needs the right tools along with a clear direction. We need to spend

YES!!

@GraemeBailey: A late move from Southampton for Toby Alderweireld looks to have won the day beating Newcastle to his signature, full story soon on @GoalUK

Graeme Bailey used to work for Sky so has good sources!

itchen_dan back on the prowl :)

Good work - I was just going to say when did Graeme Bailey leave sky?

Would be awesome if true :)

YES!!

@GraemeBailey: A late move from Southampton for Toby Alderweireld looks to have won the day beating Newcastle to his signature, full story soon on @GoalUK

I want to believe it....

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

"@Ben_McQuaide97 @alex_crook @SimonPeach You two heard anything about Alderweireld?" Heard today it was unlikely. Other interest. We'll see.

Simon Peach is usually reliable when it comes to Saints.

Looks as if Graeme bailey has 'newer' news.

YES!!

This would be a great singing. I'd almost go as far as to say a statement of intent!

@SkyBet: We've suspended betting on Toby Alderweireld this evening amid reports the Atletico Madrid defender is close to joining Southampton

Would be such an awesome signing. Great passer of the ball, good in the air and can play both RB and CB. Only minus is the occasional loss of concentration.

I really hope we break the habit of a lifetime (well, five years) tomorrow and announce signings when they are done instead of spending seven hours prepping interview copy and swish photos.

"SFC delighted to announce signing of X on a X year contract for an undisclosed fee. More details to follow".

Not difficult is it? Man U announced just the fee agreement with Blind, hasn't even done his freaking medical.

Just a small point, though.

I really hope we break the habit of a lifetime (well, five years) tomorrow and announce signings when they are done instead of spending seven hours prepping interview copy and swish photos.

"SFC delighted to announce signing of X on a X year contract for an undisclosed fee. More details to follow".

Not difficult is it? Man U announced just the fee agreement with Blind, hasn't even done his freaking medical.

Just a small point, though.

The last time we did that was with Hammond I think.

Would be such an awesome signing. Great passer of the ball, good in the air and can play both RB and CB. Only minus is the occasional loss of concentration.

Would be particularly incredible as we've been told for months Les Reed is useless and can't sell the club to anyone.

Hopefully it happens, would be a great signing. Makes sense for him to come on loan then effectively put himself in the shop window for next summer. Great centre back and right back cover.

As an aside, it is funny that if Goal report this its great but when they report Brek Shea its slagged off.

Although Graeme Bailey is infinitely better connected than the usual Goal hacks.

Only caveat to this is that its getting to the most cut-throat time of the window, interest often leaked to pressurize others to up offers.