Saganowski goes on loan

Nexstar

Gets him off our wage bill and him a chance to play 1st team football for half a season at least. Shame really as i would have liked to have seen him prove how good he can be but with the other strikers ahead of him he was unlikely to get the run in the side required to get his confidence back. Good luck to him.

As Jan said tonight, his heart and head arent at Saints, we need committed players! Plus the guy only scored 3 goals lasyt season. If we keep John and let Rasiak (plus Saga) go then thats fine by me, all te better if we buy a cheap striker with potential from somewhere.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Thats funny, i heard Watford were on the brink of Administration?

You heard slightly wrong. Overblown stuff. They've sold Henderson and ****tu for £4M combined recently. They'll need to spend to have any chance of a decent finish. I reckon they'll get a striker on loan for a small-ish fee with a view to a permanent in January. Rumour around here is that it could well be Rasiak.

Get back to your Watford corner Buzz. And I'm impressed with the mods that they speeded through your £5 miscellany of postal orders, stamps and milk top bottles.

Merely stating a rumour that's Saints related that's spreading around Watford.

Amazing really. Anyone remember this time last year when this forum was going into meltdown when it looked like we might not sign Saga?

Absolute uproar about how much of a disgrace it would be if we didn't etc etc etc.

Saga is a classic example of a player that if we didn't sign him permanently people would be going on about him forever more as the person that could have taken us to the next level etc etc.

Now? On your bike son.

Just read an opinion by Saga about this transfer. He says he was very frustrated with the way he was treated after Euro in FC Saints. He was literally forced out of the club - the chairman decided that the coach should not even consider Saga as the first team player due to his high contract. The reason why the agreement was signed today in the evening is a deadline for Aalborg to submit the list of players entitled to play in the last round of Champions League qualifications against FBK Kaunas - set to midnight.

Disappointing really would have prefered to see Rasiak got shot off looked like he couldnt be arsed tuesday evening vs Stoke. Personally I think Saga would provide better value and is a more likely straight swap with Dave Mcgoldrick when he "scores" the general lack of goals I still think he will score. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong though!

Personally I am absolutely gutted at this news whether expected or not. He's potentially a class above anyone else we've got up front IMO.

agreed, although I thought he would have done better with us after his brilliant start, even if he did spend alot of time last year on the bench.

That said, when he came to Saints first there were mummers on here that he plays well to get a contract & then gets lazy.

Very depressing. I would have kept him and got rid of Rasiak or John, since they are similar. Especially as again we've got no money for him, and wonder how much of his wages we are still paying...

What's even more depressing is the accusation further up that this is Lowe's decision and not Portvilet's....

I wonder if worse is to come. I suppose anybody who didnt play the first half against Stoke (except Killer) is up for grabs.

I have a genuine issue with going into a fresh camapign with McGoldrick as first-choice forward. I dont think he's up to it, or will be gone at Xmas if he demonstrates that he is....

My mid-table optimism of yesterday has somewhat evaporated.......

Very depressing. I would have kept him and got rid of Rasiak or John, since they are similar. Especially as again we've got no money for him, and wonder how much of his wages we are still paying...

What's even more depressing is the accusation further up that this is Lowe's decision and not Portvilet's....

I wonder if worse is to come. I suppose anybody who didnt play the first half against Stoke (except Killer) is up for grabs.

I have a genuine issue with going into a fresh camapign with McGoldrick as first-choice forward. I dont think he's up to it, or will be gone at Xmas if he demonstrates that he is....

You mean you didn't know about the cull that was to happen? Get real, the teams we have set out to play speak for themselves, the bit part players are the ones that are going whether you, me or others like it. We need to lower the wage bill. Gathered from a lot of opinions from pre season at least we are playing footy so at least there is a bit of optimism, something you know nothing about.

You mean you didn't know about the cull that was to happen? Get real, the teams we have set out to play speak for themselves, the bit part players are the ones that are going whether you, me or others like it. We need to lower the wage bill. Gathered from a lot of opinions from pre season at least we are playing footy so at least there is a bit of optimism, something you know nothing about.

Whatever. I didnt think Saganowski would be one of those sold because he offers something different and I am not convinced by the great McG experiment.

What's with the aggression ?

Why cant you hack someone not agreeing with you ?

Why should everyone embrace the new set-up without question ?

This move will make it 11 different clubs before the age of 30 for Saganowski , that should tell you something . If you look at this players record he's really only managed to be consistently successful when playing in his home country - trust Southampton Football Club to employ the only Pole who doesn't work well abroad !

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Ok so i understand we are going to depend on the younger members of the squad this season, but surley this doesnt mean getting rid of every player over the age of 28 apart from Svennson and perry of does it???!!!! [Lowe you f*cking mug]

This is just stupid and i feel if we continue to do this and go down this road we will struggle badly this season. You carnt rely onh a team full of youngsters for the whole season, and i feel the likes of S.John, Euell, Thomas, Rasiak and co have to be used during the season if we are to have any chance of staying up.

I bet Rupert Lowe has told Jan to do this and that it has nothing to do with the manager wot so ever. It seems if your over a certain age you just wont play for Southampton no matter how good you are.

What can i say? I am a trully gutted Saints fan [Rupert die!]

1) whatever. I didnt think saganowski would be one of those sold because he offers something different and i am not convinced by the great mcg experiment.

2) what's with the aggression ?

3) why cant you hack someone not agreeing with you ?

4) why should everyone embrace the new set-up without question ?

1) I agree Saggy offers something different and would like him to stay but we all know the financial circumstances surrounding us.

2) Didn't see any aggression in my post, only counter arguments.

3) Pot, kettle, black.

4) You have to see this through the eyes at the game, without that there is no question.

Ok so i understand we are going to depend on the younger members of the squad this season, but surley this doesnt mean getting rid of every player over the age of 28 apart from Svennson and perry of does it???!!!! [Lowe you f*cking mug]

This is just stupid and i feel if we continue to do this and go down this road we will struggle badly this season. You carnt rely onh a team full of youngsters for the whole season, and i feel the likes of S.John, Euell, Thomas, Rasiak and co have to be used during the season if we are to have any chance of staying up.

I bet Rupert Lowe has told Jan to do this and that it has nothing to do with the manager wot so ever. It seems if your over a certain age you just wont play for Southampton no matter how good you are.

Oh dear oh dear, have you gone the whole pre-season with your eyes shut or what, or do you just choose to ignore what everyone else knows because of your blind hatred of one man.

Like it or not SFC are still in a position where they desperately need to cut the wage bill. Have you not seen what has happened again to Bournemouth?

You seem to think RL does this just to **** fans off. He doesnt give a stuff about your opinion or mine, he is a money man and his priority is getting SFC back on an even keel even if that means some unpopular decisions.

I am disappointed Saga has gone, i too expected great things from him but i would rather still have a football club than it suffer the same fate as Bournemouth.

I don't always see eye to eye with Alpine but on this one I do. And why the attitude with the post? Saga is / was a 'bit part' player due to mismanagement by Burley during the course of last year however he really seems the best option we have to fit in with the new formation. As with many, I have massive doubts of DMG being our number one striker and a few pre-season goals won't change that opinion.

Saga's amount of clubs is worrying there is no doubt but I still see him as the best option. The whole scenario, as confirmed by JP, doesn't have a lot to do with ability but solely costs (wages). If you believe anything else you are in cloud cuckoo land. If we can get the equivalent for less then absolutely that is sound business sense. However if it results in a team that is unable to maintain it's CCC status then it is quite clearly not.

Isn't Saga a case of someone who looked good for the first few games and then never reached that level again? Or maybe was never so committed once he had a contract and a regular payslip. Rasiak next but hopefully keep Stern as second choice to DMG.

sure they could be used but could they have been paid? Get realistic not personal, its not complicated -we have no money!

Lowe wants maximum shop-front exposure for the youngsters just in case a couple shape up and become decent players...

Still not convinced bringing back the good times at SFC is high priority for him....

no solvency is

Personally I am absolutely gutted at this news whether expected or not. He's potentially a class above anyone else we've got up front IMO.

I agree entirely. Burley treated him badly last year and as a result he lost confidence but mark my words he is twice the player McGoldrick is and by November we will crying out for his return. Lowe has told David McG he is first choice and nothing else matters.

no solvency is

Why dont some people realise the two things go hand-in-hand ?

He can achieve short-term solvency by flogging off our decent players, but when the poor results cause the early optimisim to evaporate and the attendances plummet, there will still be issues to answer for to the creditors.

I agree entirely. Burley treated him badly last year and as a result he lost confidence but mark my words he is twice the player McGoldrick is and by November we will crying out for his return. Lowe has told David McG he is first choice and nothing else matters.

Yep. Watch the panic set in when the goals dont come..

Just read an opinion by Saga about this transfer. He says he was very frustrated with the way he was treated after Euro in FC Saints. He was literally forced out of the club - the chairman decided that the coach should not even consider Saga as the first team player due to his high contract. The reason why the agreement was signed today in the evening is a deadline for Aalborg to submit the list of players entitled to play in the last round of Champions League qualifications against FBK Kaunas - set to midnight.

Which chairman was this? The football chairman or the PLC chairman? The organ grinder, or the monkey?

Anyway, there's goes some more quality out of the squad. Now let's watch him show his worth in the Champions league.

Amazing really. Anyone remember this time last year when this forum was going into meltdown when it looked like we might not sign Saga?

Absolute uproar about how much of a disgrace it would be if we didn't etc etc etc.

Saga is a classic example of a player that if we didn't sign him permanently people would be going on about him forever more as the person that could have taken us to the next level etc etc.

Now? On your bike son.

Absolutely spot on.

The fickleness of football fans knows no bounds.

I would love to be able to have a look at the sign Saga thread from last summer when people were thumping the keyboard.

The only consolation is that exactly the same thing has happened with a number of players over the years.

As for Saga himself, we really should be asking why having spent a million on him the manager never really played him.

And like some of the other players, I would imagine your motivation might be affected having been clearly told that you will be shipped out.

Edited by um pahars

Feeling very worried this morning ...not just because of Saga's loan .....but mainly because I find myself in the disturbing position of agreeing with Alpine!! FFS!

Absolutely spot on.

The fickleness of football fans knows no bounds.

I would love to be able to have a look at the sign Saga thread from last summer when people were thumping the keyboard.

The only consolation is that exactly the same thing has happened with a number of players over the years.

As for Saga himself, we really should be asking why having spent a million on him the manager never really played him.

And like some of the other players, I would imagine your motivation might be affected having been clearly told that you will be shipped out.

Yep, but those of us who rate him, complained about the time it took to sign him and are complaining about his loan are accused of being the negative fickle ones....

Yep, but those of us who rate him, complained about the time it took to sign him and are complaining about his loan are accused of being the negative fickle ones....

I don't think that's fickle, if anything that's being consistent.

Being fickle would be thumping the keyboard last summer saying,

"Why are they ****ing around, sign him up now etc etc etc?",

and then this summer saying,

"No great loss, he was only playing for the contract etc etc etc".