Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

heheheheheh.

Normal service about to be resumed (well, in 3 to 5 years)...

Just seen Duncans thread

so I will move this from the other thread

The Skates up here are not happy with our takeover"

Seems they have thrown their toys (JCB's) out in a huff

"Police are appealing for the owner of two black and yellow children's JCB diggers to come forward and identify their property".

The sit-on toys were recovered from the playpark area of Lynn Crescent, Kirkwall, following an incident on Tuesday, July 7.

Last night at work I tried to gloat about our guy having a 2.5billion wealth, However the amount of Pompey fans saying there man has 8 billion made most saints fans quiet.

Now if this is true then I declare the 8th of July as 'Saints Takeoff Day'

Welcome back FF, I trust you have got over the way you were treated and fwiw this time I was on your side if the rumours / conjecture on here were correct. Very glad it's all over and you really need to start a book. Call it 97 Days and tell us your story, far more interesting than any other Saints related books that may do the rounds at Christmas.

We have been at times 24 hours away from non league football and we choose today of all days to gloat at other bad news when it could so easily have been SFC. Let enjoy are unbelievable news and hope the old enemy down the road find themselves a worthy owner so one day soon we can lock horns on the field of football and not gloat on message boards.

There has been some rare genuine good will with our predicament from our Skate friends.

Lets show some class and enjoy are day.

We have been at times 24 hours away from non league football and we choose today of all days to gloat at other bad news when it could so easily have been SFC. Let enjoy are unbelievable news and hope the old enemy down the road find themselves a worthy owner so one day soon we can lock horns on the field of football and not gloat on message boards.

There has been some rare genuine good will with our predicament from our Skate friends.

Only the odd few on here............most I have met in person, have been laughing at our predicament.......so no sympathy from me.

Let's hope for a promotion and relegation this season and we can resume our rivalry next season.

I do hope they get taken over, as I don't want to see them go under (just not somebody as wealthy as ours! :D). What we've been through as supporters these last three months has been hell, and I wouldn't wish it on any other set of supporters, even Pompey's.

many of the P****y fans comments have been deleted in the News reporting of our takeover ..... They really don't have much time for us full stop.

In that case......**** em !!

ha ha ha ha ha :)

if they dont get taken over they will be relegated this coming season.

See you soon skates !!!!

Welcome back FF, I trust you have got over the way you were treated and fwiw this time I was on your side if the rumours / conjecture on here were correct. Very glad it's all over and you really need to start a book. Call it 97 Days and tell us your story, far more interesting than any other Saints related books that may do the rounds at Christmas.

I have, over the years, been bought quite a few Saints related books at Christmas. Can I recommend?

In That Number

Dell Diamond (both editions)

Constant Paine

Saints V Pompey

Match Of The Millennium

Tie A Yellow Ribbon

Full Time At The Dell

All superb books, written by fans for fans.

97 days would have to be viewed as a factual account, after all, you couldn't make it up!

But I would prefer to read the prequel to it. Duncan?

And just to put the sugar on the icing on the cake... Rupert is gone!! For the first time in over a decade we can categorically say he wont be back. He owns no shares. The club is owned by a single wealthy benefactor. There is officially no chance of him coming over the hills in a white horse (or lame ass) with an army of local businessmen to bring Total f**king Football back to Southampton.

I have, over the years, been bought quite a few Saints related books at Christmas. Can I recommend?

In That Number

Dell Diamond (both editions)

Constant Paine

Saints V Pompey

Match Of The Millennium

Tie A Yellow Ribbon

Full Time At The Dell

All superb books, written by fans for fans.

97 days would have to be viewed as a factual account, after all, you couldn't make it up!

But I would prefer to read the prequel to it. Duncan?

Good idea Andy - but I won't be writing it - far too emotionally involved. D

No sorry, but my source has his finger, if not on the pulse, very near it and I trust him implicitly.

Cripes Duncan.........there were enough cryptic clues on here, and in the press.........to see they had their own tyre kicker interested.....IMO of course.

I don't wish them out of business, but I do wish on them a bit of the suffering we have been through. They bought their five minutes of fame, and now they have to pay the price. Living here in the twilight world beyond the dark side I have taken a lot of sh1t over the last few years, so I feel I have earnt a bit of a gloat

I will get slated for this but I wouldn't wish what we've been through this last few weeks, months, years on anyone, even Pompey....but by the same token I wouldn't lose too much sleep if it brought Pompey down to our level!

I wouldnt want the skates to go out of business either, but I know somebody with a large truck that could shift fratton park in one trip.

It will save Pompey Council a fortune and there would be little damage done to the environment.

He'd need a good rate for shifting poisonous waste though :-)

Well said Sir, I'm with you. Fierce rivalry yes, wishing for another clubs demise - no thanks.

I don't wish them out of business, but I do wish on them a bit of the suffering we have been through. They bought their five minutes of fame, and now they have to pay the price. Living here in the twilight world beyond the dark side I have taken a lot of sh1t over the last few years, so I feel I have earnt a bit of a gloat

Too true, living in a PO Postcode has never felt so good. The skates in Chichester have been full of it and now the shoe is on the other foot.

What a good read that would make.

Poor old Pompey.:lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})