Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Well somebody has said something to someone for the red tops to be reporting this as " news" in the last two days. They are copying stuff from the Italian press which comes from leaks and well placed / trusted journies with connections to agents. Its all a big circle of "helpfulness" to ensure a player gets the best deal and his club and his agents....looking at the Itslian reporting their is nothing to say he suddenly loves sfc. I think that he may love that he might be getting offered better terms plus the chance to

Learn from playing footy with SRL :-)

As for when - My best guess is that we contacted him or more likely his agent again on friday/ saturday again. I think Roma were and are still are happy to sell to us so i guess again that the fee is not the problem - whatever it is - though the £8 m in the daily Star seems laughably low for someone who will probably be starting centre forward for Italy v Argentina in the friendly wednesday night as Balotelli has another calf strain. IF he joins i still expect it to be lastminute.com as sure he wants CL / higher profile footy but we will be his first choice once theres no other choices on the table , and thats how its hot to be for Saints right now with this kind if player at this stage of the project.

"Corriere della sera(G. PIACENTINI) - Che Osvaldo sia sul mercato non è un mistero per nessuno, ........., hanno creato una situazione di stalloche potrebbe cambiare le strategie di mercato della società."

That Osvaldo is on the market is no secret, but that he'll definitely be playing in a different shirt the coming season is another matter. The obstinacy of the player in refusing the (foreign) destinations [snippy] and that of Roma in not allowing a domestic transfer have created a stalemate which might change the transfer strategy of the club..

If Pochettino worked with him before, and wants to sign him now, then I can't imagine that MP had and problems with Osvaldo, otherwise why try to sign him?

This. Pochettino is obviously far more aware of Osvaldo's personality than any of us, if he thinks he can work with him then great.

P.S. You should go into hiding or change your username, Bazza is going to hunt you down like a wounded dog.

Am I the only one that hopes he doesn't sign for us? He sounds like more trouble than he's worth. No matter how good he is, we don't need someone with an attitude disrupting the squad.

I wouldn't worry, there's bob hope of him coming here, he wants to play at a higher level/bigger club

From SKY´s live chat thing: Hi Greg, it seems there is an interest - and when it comes to Southampton, they clearly have good contacts in Italy - so you could never rule that out at all. Osvaldo is a very good player too, and one who I think would do very well in England.

Just have a feeling in my water that we will get some positive news today! Not based on anything, but having one of those days that restores your confidence in life!

It is. Mrs F made the tea completely unprompted this morning. That's normally my job first thing. A signing would be nice too, but a cuppa is a good start.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2Frassegna-stampa%2Fcds-osvaldo-ha-deciso-vuole-lasciare-la-roma-123833

Seems he has decided he definitely wants to leave Roma. Would prefer Inter as it is in Italy but also London as he wants to please his girlfriend.

Well we are darn close to London, so sorted then!