Possible Pompey Meeting in the FA Youth Cup

TK8267

We're buying 11 tomorrow.

546 then. Fingers crossed that blocks 1-5 sell reasonably quickly then we can get the rest of the Itchen opened up for sale. The Skates have been given block 31 which has a capacity of 600 but I saw somewhere that they apparently have an allocation of 900. I imagine if they sell out block 31 then other blocks in the Kingsland will be opened for them..?

All derby games are big games, these 'kids' are playing for the pride of the city.

No, they're not. They're nippers playing in a youth game. It's not as important as people seem to think it is. Fair enough, it's in the cup, so that adds something a bit different, but i'm sure all the management and playing staff will be treating it like any other game - because it is.

No, they're not. They're nippers playing in a youth game. It's not as important as people seem to think it is. Fair enough, it's in the cup, so that adds something a bit different, but i'm sure all the management and playing staff will be treating it like any other game - because it is.

Most staff and players in the first team treat derbies as any other game because the derby doesn't mean anything to them. What's that got to do with the fans though?

Most staff and players in the first team treat derbies as any other game because the derby doesn't mean anything to them. What's that got to do with the fans though?

Would you cheer on the Under 9's as vociferously as you would the first team in a derby game? There's not nearly as much riding on it. Youth and Reserve games are a learning stage for our young players, and not really an occasion for fans to get whipped up about. Imo of course.

Would you cheer on the Under 9's as vociferously as you would the first team in a derby game? There's not nearly as much riding on it. Youth and Reserve games are a learning stage for our young players, and not really an occasion for fans to get whipped up about. Imo of course.

No one said it's as big as a first team game? Of course it's not. But it's still a chance to have Pompey at St Mary's for the last time in what may be decades and there'll still be the same hatred between the fans there. If people claim to hate Pompey as much as they do then they will hate the Pompey fans in block 31 for the youth game just as much as they would do the 3,000 of them in the ground for first team derby games surely? Just because there's a different age group of players on the pitch doesn't mean I'm going to despise that club and their fans any less.

An under 12's game in Poland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwVi8dSQWk

Perhaps a little excessive! :D

Edited by Matthew Le God

I think it means a lot more to the players than you think it does. It will be good for them to play in front of a crowd/decent atmosphere for once. The youth cup is taken more seriously than the league anyway, so I'd expect most of the 2nd years who play in the U21 squad to drop back down for this game (McCarthy, Targett, Flannigan, Seager, Gallagher). Youth football is quite unpredictable, but I'd still expect us to win comfortably. Hopefully a good performance will encourage more people to attend U18 games in the future.

An under 12's game in Poland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwVi8dSQWk

Perhaps a little excessive! :D

God I wish my nippers tyro league games were like that :lol:

I'd imagine it would scare the **** out of most kids. Imagine how the opposing teams keeper felt playing infront of that! :D

Despite not being remotely bothered about this, turns out I'm bored on Tuesday and therefore going to watch it with 11 others.

It is still just a kids' game though, nothing important, though I do expect some cringeworthy bile aimed at the away fan.

Despite not being remotely bothered about this, turns out I'm bored on Tuesday and therefore going to watch it with 11 others.

It is still just a kids' game though, nothing important, though I do expect some cringeworthy bile aimed at the away fan.

Great Scott

Anyone know what would happen if you wanted to do a walk up without a customer number? Also any idea on how many are sold now? I'm looking forward to seeing our academy dominate the South Coast Derby!

Bump...

Is this tickets in advance only, or pay on the day?

I can't imagine them turning away people that want to pay on the gate. Hasn't been confirmed though. We've sold just over 1,500.

Anyone know what would happen if you wanted to do a walk up without a customer number? Also any idea on how many are sold now? I'm looking forward to seeing our academy dominate the South Coast Derby!

Any reason why you wouldn't buy one online and collect tomorrow? There's a few left in Blocks 4 & 5, plus you'll be guaranteed against disappointment.

My original order didn't go through so I bought one this morning. Postal delivery obviously isn't available now but with 2,000 home fans maximum it's unlikely to be a massive queue for collection.

Any reason why you wouldn't buy one online and collect tomorrow? There's a few left in Blocks 4 & 5, plus you'll be guaranteed against disappointment.

My original order didn't go through so I bought one this morning. Postal delivery obviously isn't available now but with 2,000 home fans maximum it's unlikely to be a massive queue for collection.

when you say 2000 maximum is that assuming they are only opening current blocks on sale?

i just had a look and they have changed the status of blocks 9, 10, 11 to open, but not actually showing seats available to buy, would imagine they will be on the night.

also i am sure tickets initially went on sale as general sale, and are now showing as "previous customers only" , wonder why they changed that.

I can't imagine them turning away people that want to pay on the gate. Hasn't been confirmed though. We've sold just over 1,500.

Asked at the ticket office earlier, they said it's pay on the gate too (although I don't know whether you'll have to buy a ticket at the office window first or not)

when you say 2000 maximum is that assuming they are only opening current blocks on sale?

More that with only 1500-ish sold so far, I can't see the walk-up bringing it much above 2000. Would seem odd if they turned people away on the day but this is Saints.

Pompey have sold c.500

Ah, yes but a couple of thousand will come up on the night , some getting off at St Denys to beat the Old Bill's blanket security.

And then there are bound to be a few Millwall who just come here knowing there will be a 'ruck' ... or is it just Pompey who come to town - in vast numbers - when we play Millwall.

All on Planetskate of course.

I've already got mine plus tickets for my group but there's always someone who decides to go last minute.

Also I saw on twitter that the official saints account replied to someone saying tickets will be available on the night.

FFS just been reading about the skates u18s winning 8 in a row going into this match, I will not be happy if I have to sit through another home cup defeat to them while 600 odd of them goad us from the Kingsland.

that's not a bad following for them in this cup, they'll make some noise, let's hope our fans are up for it as well , get behind the lads.

FFS just been reading about the skates u18s winning 8 in a row going into this match, I will not be happy if I have to sit through another home cup defeat to them while 600 odd of them goad us from the Kingsland.

that's not a bad following for them in this cup, they'll make some noise, let's hope our fans are up for it as well , get behind the lads.

It's ok. If/when they beat us we can discreetly remind them that most of our teenagers play in either the u21s or in the premier league. I'm sure they'll appreciate the context of any win rather than banging on about it for years to come...

They are playing in a far worse league than us though so results are hard to assess.

I imagine a couple of U21s might play in this for us.

At the weekend I was talking to an ex Manager of ours now involved at Youth level for another club, I mentioned this game and he doesn't believe most of our first team 18 year olds (Reed, Shaw, Chambers, JWP etc) are eligible as they were 18 or over at the start of the season.

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to tonight. Any match at any level against that lot is a big game to me and any local nippers involved. Hope we smash 'em!

"They're a category one club and they spend absolute fortunes on their academy whereas we're the bare bones - we scrape by and do the best we can"

"They've spent some money on buying players from other clubs to put into their U18s. We haven't got the luxury of doing that so its all local lads. Our local lads will go out there with pride to prove a point that its not the be all and end all that they go out and buy players from other clubs and make them stronger"

"We've sold over 500 tickets, going on towards 600, with more turning up on the night"

Edited by trousers