No room for Lallana?

andoru

I know he's not a Saints player so he doesn't really exist anymore, but do any of you think Lallana can actually get in the Liverpool team next season? They've signed Emre Can (midfielder) and Lazar Markovic (winger) too now, as well as still having the likes of Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho. If he's been guaranteed a regular first-team football I think he's going to be sorely disappointed.

I know he's not a Saints player so he doesn't really exist anymore, but do any of you think Lallana can actually get in the Liverpool team next season? They've signed Emre Can (midfielder) and Lazar Markovic (winger) too now, as well as still having the likes of Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho. If he's been guaranteed a regular first-team football I think he's going to be sorely disappointed.

What on earth do you know about the situation it is hardly likely after spending £25m Lallana will not be an important part of the squad

What on earth do you know about the situation it is hardly likely after spending £25m Lallana will not be an important part of the squad

Well, I know what I wrote in the original post, that Liverpool have signed some other players who play in the same part of the pitch, and they already have others there. Those are facts. The rest is opinion and a question.

He won't be competing with Gerrard and Henderson they play completely different positions. He'll be alternating/competing with Coutihno, Can, Markovic, Origi and Sterling for 2 places. I suppose he'll be hoping he can play in the big games but that's a lot of competition and he could end up just playing in the games against the likes of Sunderland, Palace and Leicester.

Even though he's no longer a Saint I will follow his progress as I hope it goes belly up, might dissuade any other academy players from following him out the door and realising where their bread is buttered.

He won't be competing with Gerrard and Henderson they play completely different positions. He'll be alternating/competing with Coutihno, Can, Markovic, Origi and Sterling for 2 places. I suppose he'll be hoping he can play in the big games but that's a lot of competition and he could end up just playing in the games against the likes of Sunderland, Palace and Leicester.

Even though he's no longer a Saint I will follow his progress as I hope it goes belly up, might dissuade any other academy players from following him out the door and realising where their bread is buttered.

This, with bells on!...

I think they'll mostly use him in rotation against lower half Prem sides. Will be interesting to see if he or Lambert get picked against Saints opening match, pretty confident both of them will be bit-part players in Liverpool's 60-game season but they'll still get regular outings due to the volume of fixtures. I suspect Lallana's ego might get a bit of a hammering next season.

**MLG Alert**

Can is a DM that has also played in defence. He'll be in competition for places with Allen, Gerrard, Henderson & Lucas.

Not Lallana.

He's hardly an impact sort of player either

No, he wasn't against Denmark, nor at Newcastle last season, was he???

Whether people now hate him or not, suggesting he's going to struggle to get into the Liverpool team is bizarre - this is a player who was voted into the Premier league team of the season!

No, he wasn't against Denmark, nor at Newcastle last season, was he???

Whether people now hate him or not, suggesting he's going to struggle to get into the Liverpool team is bizarre - this is a player who was voted into the Premier league team of the season!

It's all just sour grapes anyway. wait until they stuff us on opening weekend, there will be even more bile and vitriol. At the end of the day you just have to accept that we didn't have enough ambition to keep the player. I noticed that Koeman said that he was told that Lambert,Shaw and Lallana would be sold before he had any say on it at all.

Edited by Window Cleaner

if he is now not very good. why are we bothered he left?

In fact we should be glad in that case, we got a packet of cash for a duffer (yeah right). A packet of cash which we will no doubt get round to spending sooner or later.

Actual count up until now, in 62 million, out 21 million, don't even need to think about the intitial warchest of 35 million which has been alluded to.

It's a pity that if we're so good at selling duffers for shedloads of cash we still have Mayuka,Osvaldo and Sharp but to mention 3 hanging about drawing their monthly stipend.

In fact we should be glad in that case, we got a packet of cash for a duffer (yeah right). A packet of cash which we will no doubt get round to spending sooner or later.

Actual count up until now, in 62 million, out 21 million, don't even need to think about the intitial warchest of 35 million which has been alluded to.

It's a pity that if we're so good at selling duffers for shedloads of cash we still have Mayuka,Osvaldo and Sharp but to mention 3 hanging about drawing their monthly stipend.

Being so happy that keeps you going....

• 4 years later...

Doubt if that will happen. He'll be 31 and on the downhill slope. Bournemouth or Championship more likely. He's lost a fair bit of pace from what I saw last time he played for Liverpool. Keeps trying the same old stuff that worked in his heyday, only now it doesn't.