Gaston Ramirez to Seville on Loan (Rumour)

saint-ross

Would be a pretty stupid decision unless we have a like for like replacement coming in. Belhanda please!

In my random FM game the other day, I signed Belhanda. Based on what he did in that game in 1 season, (13 assists, 18 goals) then I think he'd be a great signing! ;)

For what it's worth, if Gaston does leave you'd have to assume that it's a fairly large % taken off the wage bill for the season. I like Gaston and feel he has ability, but you must admit, he gets better by not playing. ;). I think we're all a little guilty of bigging him up, when deep down we probably know he'll miss a lot of the season with knocks and injuries and frustrate as he always has done. I think he's just a fairly injury prone player, and maybe the club feel they can get someone more worthwhile to the squad as a whole whilst trimming the wage bill significantly.

Would be pretty dumb to let Ramirez go. We needed another attacking player anyway, so now would need two.

We always appear to be moving forward, and then regress, which is what loaning out Ramirez and selling Cork would be doing.

Can't help from a cynical view but thinking the board will be very happy that they have removed some very big earners from the wage bill and replaced with players on far less.

Can't help from a cynical view but thinking the board will be very happy that they have removed some very big earners from the wage bill and replaced with players on far less.

Do you really think Pelle, Tadic, Long, Forster, Bertrand etc are "far less" than the players they replace?

Shane Long for example was on £45,000 p/w at Hull City, I bet we gave him a pay rise after a £12m move.

Ambivalent if Ramirez stays or goes. Technically a very good player, but never quite happened for him and tired of waiting for him to show what he can do on a consistent or regular basis. There have been too many false dawns that I suspect it is just not going to work out for him.

I hope we would replace him though. If he is to leave and we get only one more in, as Guan suggests, then can't help but feel we have failed to deepen the 'roster' with the money the board have raked in. With the squad as it is, Koeman is going to have very few options on the bench to change games, and we are always going to be a couple of injuries away from a crisis.

I can understand your criticisms but if the manager restricts appearances although fit because he doesn't want to use him, that can hardly reflect on his willingness to play. He has a talent that we should be able to use and I hope Koeman uses it and Ramirez delivers. When I watched our back four and four midfielders labour on Saturday I'd take Ramirez every time. Every team needs a violinist, too many artisans don't work either.

Gutted if gaston goes, bet he'd do well there. Will we replace him? I know he hasn't featured much but we are short on attacking options.

Don't see the point for 6m euros. Yeah maybe 1-2m loan fee too but a few good months with us and he'd be worth a lot again. Really thought Koeman wanted to get him involved.

With all the spurious rumours we have been subjected to this summer this could be another one.

Will we have any creative players apart from Tadic? Going to be a very tough season if the winger signing isnt an excellent player.

If Tadic or S. Davis pick up a significant injury, we are really going to be in trouble in terms of creating chances. West Brom game suggests we aren't exactly bossing it in that department anyway.

I'm ambivalent about him leaving (in terms of the qualities he offers the team) but pointless to do sanction a move if we don't have a replacement lined up. Lack of creativity in the team is a real worry. Koeman has so few options on the bench apart from switching up his central midfield players, that we'll be something of a blunt instrument should Tadic or S. Davis suffer an injury.

Because otherwise we'll end up with 11 pages of Ramirez posts on a thread that's meant to cover all transfer news. Better to keep it separate.

tumblr_lwza8gmr1d1r4gei2o9_500.gif

What?

Why not just start a new rumour thread for each rumour? I'm sure that the Shane Long transfer took up a few pages. That's the point of having one thread. If a rumour takes up 11 pages then people obviously want to talk about it a lot. Strange logic.

A few figures regarding Gaston's wages have been thrown about and, if they are to be believed, I wonder if that would figure into any transfer decisions. Also, it's hardly like he's starting any games and he hasn't settled.

Yet, as those above have said, he's a creative player (something of a rarity at St Mary's at the moment) and has he really shown his potential?

I think I would be a bit disappointed if he were to go without a new replacement.

Don't want him to go as he does seem to make stuff happen on the rare occasions he plays.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Combined_2013-14.html says that he was our fifth-highest player in terms of goals and assists last year, behind the big three scorers and Davis. That despite hardly playing. For that stat alone I want to see him given a run in the team.

But then again that won't happen because he'll be injured. Maybe we could pawn him or something.

What?

Why not just start a new rumour thread for each rumour? I'm sure that the Shane Long transfer took up a few pages. That's the point of having one thread. If a rumour takes up 11 pages then people obviously want to talk about it a lot. Strange logic.

Well, there have been separate rumour threads about pretty much all our incoming and outgoing deals this summer. Means that the discussion is more visible from the main board as well, and you don't have to trawl through pages of discussion about one topic to find information about another on the same thread as well. I think with regards to the Long deal it was a relatively quick journey from the story breaking to him signing, but if it had run for longer before he put pen to paper there probably would've been a separate thread.

Anyway, that's not really the important thing about this thread - what is important is that it looks like Gaston might be off. Has Alpine driven him away?

If replaced it could be a good deal. But if not its utterly pointless.

We only have one genuinely creative player. Failure to add to Tadic could easily result in relegation.

I tell you what will lead to relegation.

If everyone (including management) keep thinking his "creativity" will lead us to Premiership salvation. He will NEVER put in enough game time to make a difference.

Koeman must be supremely confident in Ward-Prowse as a central creator. It might also be that he's planning to put Tadic in the middle - where he probably belongs - with Isgrove and a new winger competing out wide. I think I'd take that.

It would be a shame to see him go though

For me we really shouldn't be letting anyone go even if he figured in your first 11 or not,until Koeman has found his feet he should keep all his options open,Only saw Gaston in the Bournemouth game and thought he controlled the game in large parts,I feel he has never been given a fair crack at the prem by any manager,he is mostly frustrating to watch but that game against Villa at home he was unplayable in and I believe he still has it in him to show it,I just hope RK gives him a chance to show it as I think he is a hidden gem that could really come good

Is his agent a source? He's spread a couple of rumours per window for years.

Pablo Betancourt spoke about Gaston's future with Saints back in the summer, said Koeman wanted to consider all the players and then make his decisions. If Gaston is allowed to go to Seville or anywhere else we'd have to assume that Koeman has decided against him.

TBH Gaston hasn't really delivered the goods since he arrived at saints. If he had left and Lallana had stayed, this summer, I doubt so many people would be bothered. Having said that he has shown glimpses of his talent while here and after the upheaval this summer we aren't exactly overrun with creative players, so to my mind, we'd have been better of keeping him at the moment. A good run in the team playing behind Pelle (instead of JWP) might have brought out the best in Gaston but ,if this rumour is true, it looks like we will never see it.