Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky /BT Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Mikey View Post
    I put a cancellation in to Sky, in the expectation they would offer me a deal and reduce my payment. However they called my bluff and just put me through the process! Of course I can reinstate before the end of the 30 days. Is anyone likely to phone me up and offer a reduced deal? Do I need to hold my nerve, or I will I have to go back with my tail between my legs?! FFS.
    An update on this. I've just had an email offering me 50% off for a year, plus a 50 credit. In between I also filled out a questionnaire as to why I was leaving, intimating it was the price and I could be swayed back. Lesson here is hold your nerve!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Mikey View Post
    An update on this. I've just had an email offering me 50% off for a year, plus a 50 credit. In between I also filled out a questionnaire as to why I was leaving, intimating it was the price and I could be swayed back. Lesson here is hold your nerve!
    Similarly, had a call trying to keep me offering the package I had for 72 a month previously for 52. Still told them where to go though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    How do people find Virgin compare with cost and quality with sky
    Bit biased here, we pay staff rates for the XL package so it's about 13 a month for TV, Broadband and a load of cable channels. That comes with all ESPN and BT Sport channels.

On top of that we're getting Sky Sports through VirginMedia which is something like 37 which is ridiculous but I can't be bothered faffing about to get live football online any more and there are various other programmes series linked which I don't fancy having to hunt down myself.
    Last edited by The9; 11-09-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    another quick one

do sky and BT charge you if you move and want your services at your new place (where the current owners have sky tv and BT broadband)?
    Dunno about them any more (have had all of them but never actually cancelled them). I do know VirginMedia charged for cancelling back in 2012. We moved into a place which already had VirginMedia, I even told them it would stop me re-subscribing later but they still charged for it.

And then due to the discount they were still by far the cheapest so ended up signing up with them again.