Puel out

Lastman73

Koeman only did well at Feyenoord as he had Pelle.

He did v.well with us but only as he had Mane.

He is only doing well at Everton as he has Lukaku

Next season I want to see which striker bails him out.

Luckiest manager ever

If I supported someone else and saw this I'd be laughing at the blatant sour grapey bitterness.

You can't say a manager isn't good just because he had good players. Was Fergie "lucky" because he had Giggs, Ferdinand, Ronaldo etc?

He still has to manage those resources. I find your point utterly ridiculous.

If I supported someone else and saw this I'd be laughing at the blatant sour grapey bitterness.

You can't say a manager isn't good just because he had good players. Was Fergie "lucky" because he had Giggs, Ferdinand, Ronaldo etc?

Guilty! Apologies got out of the bed on the wrong side today.

I'm like a jilted boyfriend dumped by his pretty ex. Bitter and jealous seeing my ex with a new guy.

So my new girlfriend is not as pretty but she is a good cook and likes animals - I need to focus on the now, not the past I guess.

Goodbye my loooove

You do know he was being sarcastic....

Let's see what Koeman does next season. Expectations will be higher & he'll have EL commitments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the same line of thinking, I'm interested to see what Puel does with a full pre-season and no Europa League. That shaped our season really, and the constant rotation meant we lost out all round.

He's done ok considering the injuries he's had to deal with.

The question is, do the board think he's done well enough up until now to improve us in the future?

Is there a better alternative?

Do we need some continuity?

I reckon he deserves a fair crack of the whip.

Agree with your first point, and that he has done enough to stay in place for next season.

I'm not totally convinced however so the "better alternative" is a key question in my mind.

Two other issues may have a bearing on Puel's time with us:

1)Investment, and who the decision makers are. If a new consortium comes in then they will probably wish to make their mark immediately. Chances are they'll want to go for a "name" judging by the appointments of Chinese owners so far, Di Matteo at Villa, and Zola at Brum. Both disasters.

2)Puel himself. Amidst all the discussion of whether he should stay on, has anyone considered if he will want to ? There was an article linked from a French paper back in January where he spoke of his wife not settling etc. At the time with results not going well it appeared a case of getting your version out there early for a parting "by mutual consent", but was it a flag waving for another job at home ?

Koeman only did well at Feyenoord as he had Pelle.

He did v.well with us but only as he had Mane.

He is only doing well at Everton as he has Lukaku

Next season I want to see which striker bails him out.

Luckiest manager ever

You slagged him off during his tenure at SFC :lol:

Agree with your first point, and that he has done enough to stay in place for next season.

I'm not totally convinced however so the "better alternative" is a key question in my mind.

Two other issues may have a bearing on Puel's time with us:

1)Investment, and who the decision makers are. If a new consortium comes in then they will probably wish to make their mark immediately. Chances are they'll want to go for a "name" judging by the appointments of Chinese owners so far, Di Matteo at Villa, and Zola at Brum. Both disasters.

2)Puel himself. Amidst all the discussion of whether he should stay on, has anyone considered if he will want to ? There was an article linked from a French paper back in January where he spoke of his wife not settling etc. At the time with results not going well it appeared a case of getting your version out there early for a parting "by mutual consent", but was it a flag waving for another job at home ?

Wasn't the "settling" thing in the context of the number of matches? Ie. playing midweek consistently meant he was travelling around and at work a lot more than he might otherwise be and so they hadn't really been able to settle into a pattern of family life yet? I can't see him walking and how many clubs in France are genuinely attractive?

If Monaco or PSG were in for him, then, yes I could well see him wanting to go, especially if there is upheaval in the boardroom here but that's just about the only scenario where I could see him wanting out. He won't be approached by anyone better than Saints in Germany, Spain or Italy.

100% this. If Fonte was not such a **** and VVD did not get injured I am sure we would have had silverware in the bag as well. He is a very tactical manager, just look at the job he did in the semi final in both legs against Liverpool. We shut out a team that can score for fun.

Ok it does go wrong sometimes, (home game in our last group match in Europe springs to mind)but he is human and this is football. The bloke has done a pretty good juggling act, with our cup run, Europe and a mid table finish. I'm pretty impressed if I am honest.

Looking forward to next season.

Tbf Liverpool were bang out of form when we played them . They were struggling without Mane

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Again today like a lot of this season we were totally inept and dire. A lot of that has to be down to the manager. His starting line up was poor and he had no tactical nous to change things around. Gabbadiani is our best striker, yet he takes him off when the game is 0-0. A striker is only as good as the service he receives and with the immensely disappointing Boufal yet again failing to justify his selection, questions need to be asked. Clasie scored against West Brom and played well, hasn't had a look in since. We have to put up with the extremely limited attacking play of Davis week in, week out. I don't want Puel to get another season, I have seen enough so far this season, to have a bad feeling about the future with him in charge.

We're probably going to finish either 8th or 9th... Pochettino's best finish for us was 8th, why weren't people screaming for him to go then? Remember, we lost at home to a relegated Cardiff that season, amongst other poor results.

I blame the players on the pitch myself.

90 mins of standard Claude Puel.

Boring, uninspired, disorganised, unimaginative, good players looking clueless and being played incorrectly.... had enough.

Lost us a cup, squandered our European dream.

A lesson in how to dismantle a successful team back to front in a season.

Sack him.

We're probably going to finish either 8th or 9th... Pochettino's best finish for us was 8th, why weren't people screaming for him to go then? Remember, we lost at home to a relegated Cardiff that season, amongst other poor results.

We will not finish 8th or 9th.

Bournemouth, Leicester will over take us at least

we still have to play United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Given how poor we defensively and generally soft, let alone our home for......

The man is a clown. Just baffled why he is seen as our 'future'

Just a bang average manager at best

The support for him is dwindling. Look at the poll around Jan and 55% wanted him out. At that stage we had a cup final so some gave the benefit of doubt.

Hes just not upto the job. Already seems to have worked his magic on Gabbi too.

Hes a yes man. He will be here until Reed is moved out.

Bring on the new owners and fresh new ideas on and off the pitch

What are the excuses this week then....?

Not his fault Tadic can't take penalties (which is true, so why let him take them)..?

European football (haven't played a European game since early December)..?

Excess fixtures (we increased our squad last summer for this exact reason)..?

Injuries (not sure VVD or Austin would have made a difference)..?

6.2/10

we still have to play United, Liverpool and Arsenal. Given how poor we defensively and generally soft, let alone our home for......

In all honesty, I can't see us picking up another win this season. Boro possibly..

We scored twice against Chelsea, so we can play against the big boys.

Maybe the players just can't motivate themselves to play against the poor teams.

We've beaten Liverpool twice already this season, and they haven't scored against us yet this season. We're a bit of a bogey team.

The thing I don't get with Puel is he doesn't change things when they are not working. Not looking forward to the Liverpool, Arsenal and utd games. Last season I had the belief we could get something from those kind of fixtures. But our record against the bigger teams this season has been poor.

Maybe the players just can't motivate themselves to play against the poor teams.

We've beaten Liverpool twice already this season, and they haven't scored against us yet this season. We're a bit of a bogey team.

8.7/10

Better.

All of this is irrelevant anyway. We're not going to sack Puel at all, not for likely finishing in the top half of the table.

I'd like to know why so many on here are giving the players an easy ride. There's only so much a manager can do.

I think a few too many of our fans have delusions of grandeur. We can be a top team in this division, but we're not at the moment. And it's not going to happen by sacking the manager. Swansea have changed their manager loads and now look... they're in the relegation zone.

All of this is irrelevant anyway. We're not going to sack Puel at all, not for likely finishing in the top half of the table.

I'd like to know why so many on here are giving the players an easy ride. There's only so much a manager can do.

I think a few too many of our fans have delusions of grandeur. We can be a top team in this division, but we're not at the moment. And it's not going to happen by sacking the manager. Swansea have changed their manager loads and now look... they're in the relegation zone.

we changed our manager loads and finished 6th, what is your point?

Hard to defend him after that, it really was dreadful. Almost indescribably bad tactics and the players looked bemused at what they had to do. Said it before and say it again, Puel looks hopelessly out of his depth and, if at all possible, we are regressing even further.

Can't believe many of our players will want to be around next season to continue with Puel's revolution, they haven't remotely looked like they were playing for him all season. Consequently our best players will probably want to leave and any replacements unlikely to be anywhere near the same quality. With Puel's idea of tactics and a diminished roster we could be in serious trouble next season, and giving him until Christmas is dangerous as it could be almost too late by then.

However, can't see Les Reed sacking him as Les picked him and wants a manager who will play academy graduates. The wild card here is a possible takeover and what any new owner might want to do. Hopefully standing up to Les Reed will be high on the agenda.

We have got 2 points from 27 against the big teams this season. Not really doing well against big teams is it?

we changed our manager loads and finished 6th, what is your point?

We finished 6th after 2 seasons of the same manager!

Remember, half of you lot a month ago thought we were in a relegation battle :lol:

Just see what happens next season. If there isn't any improvement then yes, that's when to get worried. And I'd like to think that we'll be battling for European places.

Is it not the managers job to get the players to perform? If the players aren't performing, is that not a just cause to sake the manger?

Leicester, Palace & Hull also changed their manager, look at the upturn in form following the change....

Puel has been consistently poor since he arrived.

Sorry to those still clinging on to the fantasy he should be kept on. He's failed in every competition. He's dull. He's not good enough.

Only replace a manager though if there's better ones available...

Take your pick.

I'm glad we are not in a relegation fight. I don't see a team who can fight with their backs to the wall too many light weights and a manager that doesn't motivate and organise.

When you see him on the line he looks frustrated and angry. I'm not sure what they are not doing that he expects because I see don't see any development.

They clearly are not going to get rid so I don't think things are going to get better soon.

You just can feel the progress that we have made starting to slide

Is it not the managers job to get the players to perform? If the players aren't performing, is that not a just cause to sake the manger?

Leicester, Palace & Hull also changed their manager, look at the upturn in form following the change....

They were in a relegation battle though, they had little option really but to change the manager.

Let's say that this is Puel's worst season with us. Not that bad for a 'terrible season' - a (probable) top half finish, a cup final, and with a whole host of injuries (I know I keep repeating that fact but it is true, and we have been unfortunate in that regard, more than other teams).

As long as there is a real improvement next season, and we're fighting higher up the table, then I think most will be happy. If it doesn't look like we're progressing, or we're going backwards, then that's the time to make the change.

I feel Puel has to go. There is a real negative air around him. If we stick with him, he will turn us into relegation candidates next season. Season ticket sales will surely drop this summer, i can't believe all of our S/T holders are going to pay £800 + to watch another season like this one. WE have DEFINITELY gone backwards. I would have Koeman back tomorrow. Saints board need to act as soon as the season has finished.