Puel out

Lastman73

I can't stand all the "vote with your feet" "don't see you at away games" "do you even have a season ticket" comments, like those of us who do every game are NOT allowed to think Puel is horrendous. Myself and about 6 others who have seen every minute this season all think he should go.

Also, please stop with the "imagine if you went when we were really ****". We did thanks, but at least we had a proper excuse back then rather then just managerial and coach ineptitude.

Edited by LGTL

I can't stand all the "vote with your feet" "don't see you at away games" "do you even have a season ticket" comments, like those of us who do every game are NOT allowed to think Puel is horrendous. Myself and about 6 others who have seen every minute this season all think he should go.

Also, please stop with the "imagine if you went when we weren't really ****". We did thanks, but at least we had a proper excuse back then rather then just managerial and coach ineptitude.

You've summed it up perfectly mate.

I'd never boo the team or manager as some have suggested has happened, however having watched this dross all season, I've really fallen out of love with it (as well as many others who I talk to).

Having invested £1000's this season following over land and sea, I'd like to think I'm in a good place to moan if I don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth.

Having invested £1000's this season following over land and sea, I'd like to think I'm in a good place to moan if I don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth.

How many times do you feel the need to mention this? Almost like you feel more qualified.

Also, please stop with the "imagine if you went when we were really ****". We did thanks, but at least we had a proper excuse back then rather then just managerial and coach ineptitude.

Genuine question - when did you start going?

How many times do you feel the need to mention this? Almost like you feel more qualified.

For as long as those who don't go, suggest the 'real' fans want Puel to remain.

Personally, I'd say that someone who invests in a service is more entitled to moan. Perhaps that's just me.

Personally, I'd say that someone who invests in a service is more entitled to moan. Perhaps that's just me.

Totally agree with you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion except on here where they look for a reason to discredit you and then belittle your view. Because I live in southsea I must be a skate! Little do you know how hard it is to a Saints fan behind enemy lines so to speak! I've been Saints fan since the early 70s, saw my first match in 78. And used to proudly wear my admiral saints shirt around Gosport growing up. I've had abuse from the Blue Few so I don't ******* need it from fellow fans!

And yes I want Puel Out! And yes I've got a season ticket! And no I'm not a ******* a skate!

Makes me laugh how people can get so angry about people moaning about how bad we've played but don't feel the same way about how we've played !

It's one thing moaning about the way we played but another to think just change the manager and have rose tinted view of all our history and think success is just a case of make no a decision. We've been on upward trajectory for years yet any bump and tw ats get all excitable and scream for change.

No loyalty towards anything and questionable whether most do love the club rather than just love the feeling associated with winning and when they don't get it scream like spoiled brats.

Piers Morgan always bangs on about his ST expenditure but actually typifies the idea of a glory hunting cnt fan.

Yesterday was sh1t - we all know it but we haven't been sh1t all season.

Both camps will have those that go and those that don't.

It isn't about entitlement. We have 6 in our group and one is getting on my tits moaning about everything and he is old enough to know better.

1994 aged 6. Season ticket ever since.

Fair enough. But we have attracted another 8000 regulars since L1 days and questionable how loyal their support will ever be if they weren't bothered when it wasn't glamorous enough for them.

I remember Poch getting plenty of stick on here because he didn't have a plan B. I remember plenty here calling for Koeman to be sacked one Christmas and now the same people want Puell out. Its odd but I distinctly remember people here saying that a mid table finish and a good cup run would do them this season? We talk about Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans as being self entitled and delusional, but, reading here, we have plenty of supporters like that too. One even suggests sacking the Board FFS.

It's one thing moaning about the way we played but another to think just change the manager and have rose tinted view of all our history and think success is just a case of make no a decision. We've been on upward trajectory for years yet any bump and tw ats get all excitable and scream for change.

No loyalty towards anything and questionable whether most do love the club rather than just love the feeling associated with winning and when they don't get it scream like spoiled brats.

Piers Morgan always bangs on about his ST expenditure but actually typifies the idea of a glory hunting cnt fan.

It has been a fairly shlt season though, especially at home (17 goals in 16 league games, embarrassing exits in Europa and FA Cup), I think we've sat through enough poor games and you can feel the disappointment among the fans. Our support has been awful as well though, far to quick to boo and turn on the team (especially whipping boys like Forster) no one seems to be enjoying it any more.

Except we have, well for the vast majority of it.

Oh and yes, I've been going since the 90's so have seen sh!t before. But because we were sh!t 20 / 10 years ago, doesn't mean we should accept being sh!t now. especially given recent success.

It has been a fairly shlt season though, especially at home (17 goals in 16 league games, embarrassing exits in Europa and FA Cup), I think we've sat through enough poor games and you can feel the disappointment among the fans. Our support has been awful as well though, far to quick to boo and turn on the team (especially whipping boys like Forster) no one seems to be enjoying it any more.

Home has been largely cr ap but some of our play has shown such potential. Ultimately not enough but still Puel's first season in English game and needs time to see if marked improvement next season and if we still are toothless then we will need change.

I have been a season ticket for a number years, since before we moved to St Mary's and I have to say that right now I am as disillusioned as I was under the dark days of Ian Branfoot.

At this moment I won't be renewing my season ticket and I know of a number of my friends who feel exactly the same.

The football under Puel this season has been poor, sterile and unentertaining. Unfortunately I am bored when I attend St Mary's. The way team is set up is not the "Southampton way". We have scored so few goals and are closer to a relegation place then the top 6. This season had so much promise but has proved to be a huge disappointment, even getting to Wembley only papered over the cracks.

I'm not an idiot, i don't expect to win every game but I do expect to be entertained and I do expect players to try or at least look like they are trying! This isn't happening under Puel.

I don't expect to win the league or even qualify for the champions league but we should be top 7/8. Don't say it's ok we're 9th, cause the top 7 have their own league this season and we're no where near it.

We have a manager who has no charisma, manager who has no rapport with the fans, more importantly, no respect for the fans and makes the same lame excuses after every game and the football is dull.

If we'd had VvD, Pelle , Big Vic & Mane we'd be playing better football. That is inescapable. The question is could Puel have done better with these players . Personally, I don't think so. We have a bang average mid table squad and we're mid table. We were poor yesterday but winning when you play poorly is a good sign. We didn't win yesterday because of one person and that person wasn't Claude Puel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen!

I have been a season ticket for a number years, since before we moved to St Mary's and I have to say that right now I am as disillusioned as I was under the dark days of Ian Branfoot.

At this moment I won't be renewing my season ticket and I know of a number of my friends who feel exactly the same.

The football under Puel this season has been poor, sterile and unentertaining. Unfortunately I am bored when I attend St Mary's. The way team is set up is not the "Southampton way". We have scored so few goals and are closer to a relegation place then the top 6. This season had so much promise but has proved to be a huge disappointment, even getting to Wembley only papered over the cracks.

I'm not an idiot, i don't expect to win every game but I do expect to be entertained and I do expect players to try or at least look like they are trying! This isn't happening under Puel.

I don't expect to win the league or even qualify for the champions league but we should be top 7/8. Don't say it's ok we're 9th, cause the top 7 have their own league this season and we're no where near it.

We have a manager who has no charisma, manager who has no rapport with the fans, more importantly, no respect for the fans and makes the same lame excuses after every game and the football is dull.

Another well observed comment. I honestly can't believe that people think he's the future.

If we'd had VvD, Pelle , Big Vic & Mane we'd be playing better football. That is inescapable. The question is could Puel have done better with these players . Personally, I don't think so. We have a bang average mid table squad and we're mid table. We were poor yesterday but winning when you play poorly is a good sign. We didn't win yesterday because of one person and that person wasn't Claude Puel

Great post. Puel set us up to play for a 90th minute penalty (which he let the worst penalty taker I've seen take it), it's clearly not his fault we didn't create **** all for the rest of the game as it was in the game plan to get that last ditch pen.

It's all the players, the players aren't good enough. Puel sets us up to attack (gung-ho is how I'd descripe is philosophy) but the players clearly don't fancy that, so decide to pass sideways and clearly cba to make a run Forwards.

None of yesterday's performance was the mangers fault it's the players who seem to lack clarity in what they are doing, lack inspiration and motivation, oh and lack belief in the man in charge.

we have had the worst season for injuries to our best players since our last relegation from the top league. VVD and Austin would have probably helped us win more games

We have been unfortunate with injuries but hand on heart could you have seen us winning yesterday even if Vvd and Austin had played? Pretty much untroubled defensively but guess Vvd may have chipped in with a header from a set piece. Austin? He requires good service and despite a number or offensive players on the pitch we created virtually nothing for Gabby so doubt Austin would have done better. Be interested to know how many touches Gabby had in Hull's box yesterday, two perhaps?

We have been unfortunate with injuries but hand on heart could you have seen us winning yesterday even if Vvd and Austin had played? Pretty much untroubled defensively but guess Vvd may have chipped in with a header from a set piece. Austin? He requires good service and despite a number or offensive players on the pitch we created virtually nothing for Gabby so doubt Austin would have done better. Be interested to know how many touches Gabby had in Hull's box yesterday, two perhaps?

I don't think we can afford the luxury of Tadic, Redmond and Bouffal on the pitch at the same time. It just doesn't work.

I don't think we can afford the luxury of Tadic, Redmond and Bouffal on the pitch at the same time. It just doesn't work.

Positive we tried playing Mane, Tadic, Long and Pelle a couple of times under RK and like yesterday it didn't work. Not enough workers in the middle of the park!

Great post. Puel set us up to play for a 90th minute penalty (which he let the worst penalty taker I've seen take it), it's clearly not his fault we didn't create **** all for the rest of the game as it was in the game plan to get that last ditch pen.

It's all the players, the players aren't good enough. Puel sets us up to attack (gung-ho is how I'd descripe is philosophy) but the players clearly don't fancy that, so decide to pass sideways and clearly cba to make a run Forwards.

None of yesterday's performance was the mangers fault it's the players who seem to lack clarity in what they are doing, lack inspiration and motivation, oh and lack belief in the man in charge.

Les Reed.

If you woke up and heard puel had been sacked or had walked away would you care or be upset? I bet the majority of Saints fans wouldn't be upset like our last three managers and imo that's says everything

Kind of how I feel. In the cup final I thought we played our best football and were unlucky to lose against Man U. Since then we seem to be slipping back again, and I wouldn't be too upset if Puel was replaced in the summer. Always a gamble though.

I will back Puel for til at least next Xmas, give him time to put his team in place.

That's what gets team relegated..let the current manager sell all the player which "don't fit" (even though they fitted before) and buy his own players in the summer. By the time a new one is in it will be too late and there is no money to rebuild he squad.

IMO he goes this summer or see's out next season in full.

Well, if we finished eighth and met your expectations of top seven/eight, we would still be miles off the top seven.

If you woke up and heard puel had been sacked or had walked away would you care or be upset? I bet the majority of Saints fans wouldn't be upset like our last three managers and imo that's says everything

This is a fair point but there's a lot of grey area between being desperate to hold on, like we were with Pochettino and Koeman, and wanting someone to go. I'm not too fussed either way on Puel.

That's what gets team relegated..let the current manager sell all the player which "don't fit" (even though they fitted before) and buy his own players in the summer. By the time a new one is in it will be too late and there is no money to rebuild he squad.

IMO he goes this summer or see's out next season in full.

getting rid of your manager every summer will mean relegation eventually.

It appears not only the first team are regressing....look at the academy sides,both under 18s and under 23s are appalling ...some of this has to be down to Puel...as it's on his watch.

Season tickets will not be flying out whilst we are served dross.

I see Gary monk may well be sacked by the mad Italian owner at Leeds. We could do much worse.

But I'm concerned about this dodgy Chinese takeover...god knows what could happen.

The trick is to find a good manager and then stick with him.

Not just stick with any manager for the sake of it.

Chelsea change managers all the time - 5 titles in 12 years

Arsenal have stuck with there manager - 0 titles in 12 years

Selling all our best players every summer should also end the same way but we do that!

I thought our model was based upon it not being an issue if we lose the manager or players? We just move on to the next one?

Totally agree with you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion except on here where they look for a reason to discredit you and then belittle your view. Because I live in southsea I must be a skate! Little do you know how hard it is to a Saints fan behind enemy lines so to speak! I've been Saints fan since the early 70s, saw my first match in 78. And used to proudly wear my admiral saints shirt around Gosport growing up. I've had abuse from the Blue Few so I don't ******* need it from fellow fans!

And yes I want Puel Out! And yes I've got a season ticket! And no I'm not a ******* a skate!

You called? :lol:

It appears not only the first team are regressing....look at the academy sides,both under 18s and under 23s are appalling ...some of this has to be down to Puel...as it's on his watch.

I see Gary monk may well be sacked by the mad Italian owner at Leeds. We could do much worse.

But I'm concerned about this dodgy Chinese takeover...god knows what could happen.

If you think the U18's & U21's regressing is anything to do with Puel you really are clueless & if you think Gary Monk is the answer you're clearly a half bake

wtf are you on about.

I'd be delighted.

A new manager is less of a risk than sticking with clod.

Regardless of table position, the football is awful.

wtf are you on about.

For crying out loud...it's not rocket science...

The club from top too bottom,Under 18s,Under 23s are really regressing just like the 1st team squad in my opinion.

This is happening under Puels' tenure....don't tell me he has absolutely no input in the academy etc.

Hence,it's the whole club suffering.

If you don agree fair enough.

Monk is rumoured to be sacked....I'd have him at saints over Puel.

I'm really worried about the prospect of Lander group taking over.

So,and it's not in joined up writing so you should understand,I'm concerned at many aspect of the club....starting with Puel and Black.

I think it's telling of the squad Puel has inherited that only one has really been linked with the big boys whereas previous seasons we had 5-8 that might have been considered Champions League level...

Cedric, VvD, Bertrand, Jrod, Tadic and Forster have all been linked to top sides in recent weeks

depends on if you believe those links. More so their agents putting their names out there to drum up interest

For crying out loud...it's not rocket science...

The club from top too bottom,Under 18s,Under 23s are really regressing just like the 1st team squad in my opinion.

This is happening under Puels' tenure....don't tell me he has absolutely no input in the academy etc.

Hence,it's the whole club suffering.

If you don agree fair enough.

Monk is rumoured to be sacked....I'd have him at saints over Puel.

You can't really believe that Puel has anything to do with the development sides. It's just an excuse to have another dig at him.

As for Monk, ffs . Failed at Swansea, failed at Leeds , yet you want him at Saints. Clueless