Transfer Day Deadline

Saint_Rick

He would be the one the original poster pointed out.

Also, Viafara is still on the list as well. Do they only remove players from that list if they've actually signed for another club or something? That would explain Claus, Le Tiss, Kaland and Viafara being on the list.

Don't think so, or II, Powell and Makin would be on there.

are we expecting any sales today?

i imagine if any of skacel, SJ or euell leave it would only be on loan. surman would be the only one for a fee, but hopefully he'll stay. not heard anything either way yet. 12 hours left!

I expect absolutely zero movement today.Could be a surprise though I suppose.

Seems to me Stoke are just buying any players we have going by the name of Davis or Davies. Presumably young Kyle Davies will be next on their hit list...

Stoke are signing anyone with a pair of boots, they'll be going down and in the deep brown 2 years from now. You can't stay in the prem with the cheap rubbish they're capable of buying.

Perhaps we had to register them so that they could play in Claus's testimonial.

Hmmm...that would make sense.....so, in theory, Le Tiss could be called upon later in the season (should things go t1ts up) to be a 'ten minute/two goal' impact player for us at the end of each game.....?

Nice one.

as I put elsewhere. KD is said to be wanted by Everton( although he more than happy here), JE is said to be going to Sheff Utd and Rudi ipswich.

Well, the last two would be good news, the first one would but only if they are stumping up silly money AND it gets done in time for us to get a decent replacement in.

Can just see us affording Boa Morte and Quashie lol

Is anyone else flicking between the OS and various 'Transfer dealine day - live text' news websites in the hope of seeing a "BWP to Leicester/Stoke/Anywhere" headline?

I really want to see BWP, Euell and Skacel go - not because they're bad players but just so we don't have to sell anyone more important to the team.

Is anyone else flicking between the OS and various 'Transfer dealine day - live text' news websites in the hope of seeing a "BWP to Leicester/Stoke/Anywhere" headline?

I really want to see BWP, Euell and Skacel go - not because they're bad players but just so we don't have to sell anyone more important to the team.

we won't be selling them you know St D, at best we'll be loaning them out

and will not be concerned with them for at least 4 months,at worst they'll be gone and we'll be dobbing some to keep them in the luxury to which they have been accustomed.

Its gone pm now. Are they STILL here? The suspense is killing me.....

On the other hand the longer that there is no confirmation on Davis moving, the better.

Don't think so, or II, Powell and Makin would be on there.

I see they have at least updated the squad selector:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/squad_selector/default.stm

They used to have some very strange players on there, including 'Velicka' who we have never even had and whom I assumed they'd mistaken for Mario Licka, until I noticed that Licka was on there as well. Didn't Velicka play for Hearts?

Cant remember some of the other strange players they had on there, but I am sure there were a few more who had either never played for us or left us after a trial in 1995.

We can't afford to lose Kelvin. He's been immense so far this season.

perhaps the bank says we can't afford to keep him

The bank have no direct say in who we sell or don't.

If he goes we are 100% stuffed IMO without signing a replacement on loan.

If he goes then perhaps we shouldn't have signed Schneiderlin, Forecast, Pulis and Gasmi.