Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What I love about Pompey is they are pledging to spend and spend more on players.

To get promoted.

Forget the infrastructure, forget Fratton Park, forget the lack of training facilities etc...

Same old.

What I love about Pompey is they are pledging to spend and spend more on players.

To get promoted.

Forget the infrastructure, forget Fratton Park, forget the lack of training facilities etc...

Same old.

Yes but when they reach the promised land of League One then the money will really start rolling in, what with the massive overseas TV rights deal, the bidding wars for sponsorship rights that will surely follow, and of course the huge uptick in attendances that they will surely get. Even though everybody already goes to every game because they are so loyal, in League One they will buy two tickets each!

So really it's just an investment.

I don't know if this has been previously posted. However! It is too good to not share!!! :lol:

Not sure this has been discussed but I heard on the news that Bournemouth's promotion could mean a potential £50 million boost to the local economy.

£50 million ?!

Where do these figures that get quoted like that come from exactly?

More fans? With a capacity of 12k and sold out (I'd have thought) for most of this season then there wont be any more fans, same goes for away fans, the away allocation is tiny so there won't be 1000's of extra away fans turning up every couple of weeks.

It obviously puts the town in the spotlight a bit more but I'm still struggling to see where the £50 million comes from, any ideas ?

Playing devils advocate if that figure is really true then maybe that should be used more when it comes to trying to come up with some sort of joint council / club deal for our ground i.e if the club is successful then the whole city benefits from it.

:mcinnes:

I don't know if this has been previously posted. However! It is too good to not share!!! :lol:

I guess a chunk of the high wages paid to the players will go back in to the local economy (via car dealers, exclusive bars, Nandos and hairdressers)

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Well, I've just completed writing my first book. Ron Saunders the final chapter. 'Played Up #Pompey' out in October.

A N D Y ‏@pheonix221074

@pn_neil_allen nice one! Any idea when it will be available?

@pheonix221074 October.

OK Nutjobs. Something has been bugging me of late.

When they created the world's bestest supporter owned club out of Admin number whatever, they had to defer a payment, but they said it was "ringfenced" - possibly by the (or one of the) charge(s) on Nott Arf

I've been trawling back through the pages trying to dig this up. Was it the PFA? Had they actually paid all of the Football Debts in order to get their playing licence back?

Help?

This has become a heated debate between us lot, some Boro fans and some Scousers, there is beer involved!

OK Nutjobs. Something has been bugging me of late.

When they created the world's bestest supporter owned club out of Admin number whatever, they had to defer a payment, but they said it was "ringfenced" - possibly by the (or one of the) charge(s) on Nott Arf

I've been trawling back through the pages trying to dig this up. Was it the PFA? Had they actually paid all of the Football Debts in order to get their playing licence back?

Help?

This has become a heated debate between us lot, some Boro fans and some Scousers, there is beer involved!

The PFA still have 3 charges against the club according to Companies House. Not sure where that fits into the grand scheme of things though...

The PST board has been advised that Enterprise The Business Credit Union Limited has entered administration.

We understand that each supporter who purchased a share using this method will be contacted individually by the administrators Cork Gully.

Read more at http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/pst-statement?#PFvppM1L6xyF2QlC.99

Why would the administrators need to contact anyone who purchased a share through the company? This seems very fishy to me.

Well, I've just completed writing my first book. Ron Saunders the final chapter. 'Played Up #Pompey' out in October.

A N D Y ‏@pheonix221074

@pn_neil_allen nice one! Any idea when it will be available?

@pheonix221074 October.

Breaking News! The publisher has just gone into administration and the book will now appear as a 3 page pamphlet.:)

The PST board has been advised that Enterprise The Business Credit Union Limited has entered administration.

We understand that each supporter who purchased a share using this method will be contacted individually by the administrators Cork Gully.

Read more at http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/pst-statement?#PFvppM1L6xyF2QlC.99

Why would the administrators need to contact anyone who purchased a share through the company? This seems very fishy to me.

IIRC didn't they sell some of the 'shares' on tick? Presumably some fans are still paying each month.

Neil Allen @pn_neil_allen

noisy-football-match.jpg

Can we get it serialised on this thread. It shouldn't take many posts, promise to pay a £1 and then only pay 2p.

Neil Allen @pn_neil_allen

Have you just quoted an entire chapter?....

actual lol

Now the $64000 question, if in the unlikely event of the world cup being switched to England, will the millions of infrastructure money be used to rebuild Krap Nottarf into the 40000 seater stadium they deserve. It got to happen if the WC comes to England, how could not the top games be played at the Home of proper football ???

Read more at http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/pst-statement#JYdBIK3ksCGwleH7.99

So what are the ramifications here?

I don't think the fans will find that their obligations to pay will be forgotten - the creditors will expect to get that money. On the other hand, the creditors won't get all of their money, otherwise the firm wouldn't have needed to go into administration. If the PST haven't got all the money from the "share" sales up front, that makes them one of the creditors who won't get all the money they were expecting. Could be a case of the boot being on the other foot. Interesting...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Read more at http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/pst-statement#JYdBIK3ksCGwleH7.99

So what are the ramifications here?

I don't think the fans will find that their obligations to pay will be forgotten - the creditors will expect to get that money. On the other hand, the creditors won't get all of their money, otherwise the firm wouldn't have needed to go into administration. If the PST haven't got all the money from the "share" sales up front, that makes them one of the creditors who won't get all the money they were expecting. Could be a case of the boot being on the other foot. Interesting...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LOL - Could you imagine the uproar.

Hoist by their own petard?

I would have thought the PST will have received the £1000 for every `share' bought by fans using Enterprise The Business Credit Union Limited up front.

The skates that bought a share through via ETBCUL will still have to continue to pay off the £1000 debt. The PST will be unaffected by this news.

Yes, they took over the franchise of a disgraced club, just to buy Southern League success, in a lovely pink shirt, and managed to go 13 years before being wound up.

The main financial debacles were 1911, mid-70s, 98 and the two recent ones.

A glorious history.

I look forward to Admin VI.

I think of them is a postman and the other works in a carpet shop. The BBC are preparing biographies already just in case they fluke it through to the FA Cup 3rd round and draw one of the big boys, like Rotherham.

seeing as Sondico are a Sports Direct brand are the shirts advertised with a high RRP, but on sale from day one? Fits quite nicely with the clubs philosophy of never paying the full amount if you can avoid it.

seeing as Sondico are a Sports Direct brand are the shirts advertised with a high RRP, but on sale from day one? Fits quite nicely with the clubs philosophy of never paying the full amount if you can avoid it.

They seem to try to sell an awfully large percentage of them at £5 if I remember this time last year.

New shirts on pre-order at £40. http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/football-league-football-shirts/portsmouth-football-shirts

Now two years ago they were (lying but) saying their shirts were the cheapest in the Football League (Newport's at £34.95 were 4p cheaper, but then that was only team in that division I even checked). That was meant to be as a result of being fan owned and fan friendly - so what can we assume from the five quid price hike?

Last season's away and third kits still available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL despite only being £15.

Highly amusingly last season's socks are £3

37315308_4pl.jpg

"This season's" socks are £5

37323208_4pl.jpg

I wonder if anyone will notice? :D

New `star' skate signing Kai Naismith has fully prepared for his new life on the south coast. In 2010 Naismith and fellow Rangers player Kyle Hutton, were abducted in Edinburgh by two men and driven around the city in Hutton's car before they were dumped in the Niddrie area of Edinburgh. Naismith and Hutton were then mugged as the thieves stole the car.

New `star' skate signing Kai Naismith has fully prepared for his new life on the south coast. In 2010 Naismith and fellow Rangers player Kyle Hutton, were abducted in Edinburgh by two men and driven around the city in Hutton's car before they were dumped in the Niddrie area of Edinburgh. Naismith and Hutton were then mugged as the thieves stole the car.

Chunky43

9:12 AM on 29/05/2015

Well, he'll be used to big crowds from his time at Rangers...