Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

New Football League insolvency event rules have been agreed at their AGM.

Headlines:

12-point deduction instead of the current 10

Administrator obliged to market the club for at least 21 days (to lessen the risk of pre-pack admin), and must engage with the supporters trust if one exists

CVA not required, as they take ages to agree and cost a fortune in fees

Upon exiting administration, the club is required to pay creditors at least 35p in the pound for three years, or face a further 15-point deduction.

Unfortunately the DCFSB horse has long bolted from this. :x Mind you, administration VI isn't beyond the realm of possibilities, so I'll keep some popcorn ready.

Caught the South Today, very funny, classic skates. We could buy some off them at 4% of 2% but we already have our JPT supply.

They'll have to front 3000 litres of gold paint now... LOL

[MGI]http://i.volckmann.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/P_Emirate01.jpg[/img]

It would be brilliant, absolutely brilliant, if Saints could buy it off them for less than they paid for it.

Open letters aren't intended to be read by the supposed recipient...they're self aggrandising look at me ego trips.

Oh, right...no change there then.:?

pathetic and insecure

i almost feel sorry for them, least between 63 and 93 they had some back bone, current bunch are really weak willed and pitiful

Shirley he'll be in a psych. ward by now?

Stop calling me Shirley.

I'm really impressed by Granty, how does he tweet those pictures of cricket and German football grounds if he's stuck down here? Mind you he hasn't aged very well since the TSW forum match, perhaps that is what happens when you eat curry every week.

I'm surprised there has been no official interview with Twitchy regarding Spinnakergate, seeing as it is his spiritual home and everything.

The residents of Paulsgrove can slide down Portsdown Hill on Tea Trays for free. Why would anybody pay £10 to go down the Hill in a rubber ring?

I love the way that their Council Leader implies that they have stolen a march on Southampton in applying for this over-priced kiddies' playground ride. Is this a bit of bravado because Southampton was preferred as the site for IKEA?

I didn't bother to retain the names but I did hear the guy from Southampton City Council absolutely own the bloke from pompey on the radio this week.

pompey councillor. Our city is much better, blah, blah, blah...

Interviewer. What does Southampton have that pompey doesn't?

Soton councillor. Nineteen Premier League matches a season....

I didn't bother to retain the names but I did hear the guy from Southampton City Council absolutely own the bloke from pompey on the radio this week.

We have the World's biggest and most prestigious Passenger liners using us as either their home port or one of their major ports of call. They have car ferries to France & Spain

Are they seriously trying to claim this will be some huge event where people will come from far and wide? Very few, if anybody will use their park and ride to pay a huge fee to go down a slide. If they find a place and council agree in Portsmouth, they'll use it. If they find a place and council agree in Southampton, they'll use it. It's not something that can only happen once in one area only.

And this "we have more than Southampton" quote to appease the locals. Come on. If you have to preach it, it's not true.

Oh and that beg for Facebook likes. Really?

Are they seriously trying to claim this will be some huge event where people will come from far and wide? Very few, if anybody will use their park and ride to pay a huge fee to go down a slide. If they find a place and council agree in Portsmouth, they'll use it. If they find a place and council agree in Southampton, they'll use it. It's not something that can only happen once in one area only.

And this "we have more than Southampton" quote to appease the locals. Come on. If you have to preach it, it's not true.

Oh and that beg for Facebook likes. Really?

You scummah's just don't geddit do ya? :mcinnes:

Get it sorted on a home matchday, and the joint revenue from the two events will totally eclipse even the likes of Man U, let alone tiny SFC in bringing millions of quid into the city every other weekend. :mcinnes:

Get over the jealousy and embrace it for what it is :lol:

We have the World's biggest and most prestigious Passenger liners using us as either their home port or one of their major ports of call. They have car ferries to France & Spain

Europe's busiest turnaround cruise port.

UK's most efficient container port.

Can take the world's largest container ships.

Voted best UK cruise departure port 6 years running.

UK's leading car-handling port at 800000 vehicles per year.

Contributes £990 million to the UK economy of which £714 million is in the Solent region.

But P*mpey do have a new Gosport ferry...

After all this crowing by the Skate Council, it's probably a timely opportunity to remind them that Southampton has for donkey's years had a dry ski/ski-board slope. Now, they might feel that £10 represents good value for just one ride, but at the Southampton Alpine centre, it is £15 for a two hour session including equipment and whereas £35 gets you unlimited use of their slippery slope an hour before it opens, or an hour before it closes, £35 pays for unlimited use of the ski slope for a whole month. But we don't even have only the one, as there is another at Calshot.

Comparisons between the prices of the rival facilities is a good indication of the difference between the financial acuity of the two City Councils. Portsmouth City Council probably haven't taken account of the fact that their water slide is a seasonal facility, whereas the Ski slope is pretty well all year round.

After all this crowing by the Skate Council, it's probably a timely opportunity to remind them that Southampton has for donkey's years had a dry ski/ski-board slope. Now, they might feel that £10 represents good value for just one ride, but at the Southampton Alpine centre, it is £15 for a two hour session including equipment and whereas £35 gets you unlimited use of their slippery slope an hour before it opens, or an hour before it closes, £35 pays for unlimited use of the ski slope for a whole month. But we don't even have only the one, as there is another at Calshot.

Comparisons between the prices of the rival facilities is a good indication of the difference between the financial acuity of the two City Councils. Portsmouth City Council probably haven't taken account of the fact that their water slide is a seasonal facility, whereas the Ski slope is pretty well all year round.

Bargain!

It cost them a grand apiece for an exhilerating ride down the slippery slope.

Penny is preparing her swimsuit ready for another vote winner, she will be performing the 'blue-whale barrel roll' down the super bestest slide

or if unavailable, Council leader Donna kebab Jones is perfectly placed to fill that red and white swimsuit...right up to its breaking point.

47_p16033_06rq0jdunm.jpg Donna is the svelt number on the right

Edited by Chez

Dear RB

Thanks again for ruining another perfectly good laptop.

*chortle*

*s*******

Yours sincerely

GJ

or if unavailable, Council leader Donna kebab Jones is perfectly placed to fill that red and white swimsuit...right up to its breaking point.

47_p16033_06rq0jdunm.jpg Donna is the svelt number on the right

Is she stood behind the blue rhino? Oh wait you mean.....

I was a bit worried earlier this week when their CEO appeared to be struck down with a very severe case of openness, sometimes also known as transparency or honesty, when he made a public statement that at first appeared to contradict the well-rehearsed propaganda agenda regarding the responsibility to pay for new pitches at their stadium and training ground.

Having not been advised to carry out such improvements by the previous pitch contractors, Pompey are footing the bill.

It seemed at first sight that such a statement would verify that the Chairman was guilty of telling lies to the fans. Fortunately within 24 hours he was treated with a large dose of lies and cover up

Meanwhile, Pompey have declined to comment on whether the previous contractors made a contribution towards this summer’s pitch work at Fratton Park and the training ground. The News understands a legal confidentiality agreement is in place.

It was a close run thing, but it appears that the leak of truth was successfully stemmed before any lasting damage could be done to the season ticket sales. The Chairman's reputation was not affected by the leak.