Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here. I hear (from a reliable source as it is possible) that Portsmouth Council and Spinnaker Tower NEVER had any intention of changing the colour of the tower to red and white. The whole reason it was put out was because they knew there would be an uproar about the sponsorship. Therefore they knew that by saying it would be red & white would grab the attention and the locals would then accept literally anything else.

They didn't actually expect as big a backlash as they got though.

And hey ho, it worked. The simpletons have been tricked by their own.

This was my theory before they even announced they were "changing" it. They seemed to get the "alternative" design out pretty quickly...

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here. I hear (from a reliable source as it is possible) that Portsmouth Council and Spinnaker Tower NEVER had any intention of changing the colour of the tower to red and white. The whole reason it was put out was because they knew there would be an uproar about the sponsorship. Therefore they knew that by saying it would be red & white would grab the attention and the locals would then accept literally anything else.

They didn't actually expect as big a backlash as they got though.

And hey ho, it worked. The simpletons have been tricked by their own.

Nah. As with most conspiracies it requires far too much organisation, discipline and control to pull that off, versus the relatively straightforward nature of a balls-up, which is what it was.

Nah. As with most conspiracies it requires far too much organisation, discipline and control to pull that off, versus the relatively straightforward nature of a balls-up, which is what it was.

I'm pretty sure even PCC can release a picture with some red on it to get the appropriate publicity for their new sponsors, and then release another one a couple of days later. Emirates probably told them it was a condition of the deal.

A quick browse on POL and this thread popped up

"Budgets, Money available, Should we be spending it?"

Second reply was this - "Spend the lot and go for broke. Nobody remembers losers"

I truly doubt this was ironic yet not one single person has disagreed with him. FFS

A quick browse on POL and this thread popped up

"Budgets, Money available, Should we be spending it?"

Second reply was this - "Spend the lot and go for broke. Nobody remembers losers"

I truly doubt this was ironic yet not one single person has disagreed with him. FFS

"Spend the lot and go for broke. Nobody remembers losers"?

Nobody remembers them now, except as a cautionary tale to tell their children at bed time:

'Don't spend money you haven't got or you'll end up a laughing stock like them'

This new signing Barton is a bit of a maverick, he's a loose cannon, he's already gone off template.

No massive club, no reference to fans, no mention of the fence around the training ground or even the most recognisable sporting arena entrance in the world.

He might struggle to fit in unless he gets with the programme.

Though I see he has the standard two year deal and was lured not by money, but by the opportunity.

This new signing Barton is a bit of a maverick, he's a loose cannon, he's already gone off template.

Though I see he has the standard two year deal and was lured not by money, but by the opportunity.

They've signed Joey ?

Is it true that Alex Tsiparis and Yannis Varoufakis have travelled to Portsmouth this weekend seeking advice on the options available to them to repay their debt on Tuesday?

Or that Peter Storey has been spotted wandering around Athens with a bookies pencil and a fag packet?

A former Pompey favourite has joined condemnation of the terrorist massacre in Tunisia that left 39 people dead.

Jed Wallace is one of thousands who have taken to Twitter to express shock and outrage at the atrocity.

And the lid is finally nailed down on the coffin of local papers.

A former Pompey favourite has joined condemnation of the terrorist massacre in Tunisia that left 39 people dead.

Jed Wallace is one of thousands who have taken to Twitter to express shock and outrage at the atrocity.

And the lid is finally nailed down on the coffin of local papers.

If I'm reading that right, it says "global event with no specific local interest is commented upon in expected manner by no longer locally relevant person".

Wow, what a story.

Is it true that Alex Tsiparis and Yannis Varoufakis have travelled to Portsmouth this weekend seeking advice on the options available to them to repay their debt on Tuesday?

Or that Peter Storey has been spotted wandering around Athens with a bookies pencil and a fag packet?

LOL .......

Awkward question of the month -

Hey Penny, do you think the British taxpayer, the hardworking voters of Portsmouth, and the rest of Europe, should have to pick up the bill for a country like Greece that habitually borrows money it can never repay, enjoys spending way beyond its means and clearly has no intention of paying off debt?

Mack isn't big into myths - in relative terms, and I'm not talking sisters, he's the lone voice of reason down east.

He thinks they only make £10m each home game.

Mack ain't that f**kin silly, They seem to make enuff to keep the liying c***'s on the top table full of booze,

N as for the 'championship' standard floodlights, yer rite better lights in the tinfoil spare room cultivating Appy Bacy,

Is the relvolving door that is Pompey's recruitment spinning even faster? From team of the year striker to villan in one post season month would be some kind of record even for them, surely.

http://m.crawleynews.co.uk/TRANSFER-TALK-Ex-Crawley-Town-striker-link/story-26797615-detail/story.html

"Tubbs still has two year left on his Fratton Park contract though, and so AFC Wimbledon would need a hefty sum to prize the striker from the 2008 FA Cup winners"

I just had to laugh at that! That was seven years ago ... but they do love a bit of history.

"Tubbs still has two year left on his Fratton Park contract though, and so AFC Wimbledon (1988 FA Cup winners) would need a hefty sum to prize the striker from the 2008 FA Cup winners"

I just had to laugh at that! That was seven years ago ... but they do love a bit of history.

Amended it to show balance. I realise that this is not the same Wimbledon, but then again, that was not the same Pompey either.

Amended it to show balance. I realise that this is not the same Wimbledon, but then again, that was not the same Pompey either.

That would have been a wonderful outcome, The Portsmouth 'franchise' relocated to a more deserving locatation like Slough, a town with the potential to passionately support a team, that has been denied real football for to long!

Edited by moonraker

Is Pompey Online still a virtual gated community or have they started letting new members join?

I tried to set up an account a few years back so that I could watch the hilarity but it seemed that they were so paranoid about scummaaaaas signing up (rightly in my case), that they just blocked everybody.

Is there a right of passage to prove that you really are a skate?

I own it now - you certainly ain't coming on ;)

Long time no speak my friendly neighbours. Amusing to see you nutjobs are keeping the thread alive ! heh !

Long time no speak my friendly neighbours. Amusing to see you nutjobs are keeping the thread alive ! heh !

We're not merely keeping it alive, we're installing championship quality floodlights next week!

Mero now You own ' Pompey fan online' This site charges £5 membership, you should do the same.

What would you do with £5?

Dubai Phil has put a teaser saying about the 20th july, have you any idea what that may elude to?

Mero now You own ' Pompey fan online' This site charges £5 membership, you should do the same.

What would you do with £5?

Transform it into 20 pence over the course of 3 years and then start up a new forum whilst pretending that the bad parts of the old one never existed yet forever extolling how wonderful it was?

Edited by trousers

Dubai Phil has put a teaser saying about the 20th july, have you any idea what that may elude to?

July 20th - whats happening ?

Creditor payment deadline, maybe to Chinny? It would be nice to see the return of Balram Chainrai

Feed us a little more Dubai Phil

In all fairness Mero the thread had sat quietly for a couple of days - until you banged it up the top again.

Please send the Ho over, we miss his ITK takeover teasers, his transfer rumours and of course his take on how the worlds of banking and finance operate.

its no different than when Gaydamak took over, no one knew who he was or how much money he had, he turned the club around. I am not going to sweat over the integrity of the new owners, like I said they have done more in 2-3 days than SAF did in 6 weeks, thats a start. There is nothing I can do to alter the situation or influence/change it and I still have a club to support which I would not have without Al Faraj, so whichever way you look at it times are better than they were

:lol:

It's been widely reported that the al Faraj takeover is a consortium so no suprise that others are involved.

I think you'll also find that I've mentioned a few times on here that I've been told that he has backing from a branch of the Saudi royal family. Whether that's true or not we'll have to wait and see.

Incidentally, given how secretive Faraj has been it's amazing to see how many papers are intimately aware of his plans, don't you think? Also, how amazing that all these people should be allegedly interested in investing in Pompey when everyone on here told me we'd struggle to find investors.

:lol:

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})