Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It plays right into their hands if you post as a saints fan. The point should be this is a) a football wide issue and b) a taxpayers issue. Portsmouth have made an absolute mockery of both and gained unfair advantage over all other football clubs and all other businesses.

Agree with that.

I have posted on her FB but it's why I have not mentioned my allegences even trying to mask them to the extent of arguing a point that it's not just saints fans that are disgusted by the her comments and the goings on down the M27

Cannot believe the garbage coming out of Arry's mouth in court

The Spurs boss told jurors he was "morally" due a 10% cut of a £3m profit from selling England striker Peter Crouch, despite his share of any transfer profits having been reduced from 10% to 5% when he moved from the director of football post to become manager at Portsmouth.The prosecution alleges Mr Mandaric made an untaxed payment to Mr Redknapp linked to the Crouch deal, but Mr Mandaric told the court the payment "had absolutely nothing to do with football" and was an investment for Mr Redknapp.

Speaking from the witness box, Mr Redknapp said: "I've never been greedy in my life.

"Morally I was due the bonus, although, legally I wasn't - I always related it to that... It wasn't my Crouch bonus as it wasn't in my contract."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16835865

'Morally' due the bonus!! WTF! And if it's not for making a profit on Crouch then what the **** is the 'bonus' for? Whilst accepting that it's morally right and you're not being greedy!

nice find fromdayone

http://videocelts.com/2012/02/blogs/...mouth-pay-hmrc

SPL clubs Hearts and Rangers have both had actions served on them by HMRC this season without resorting to pleading to the PM for leniency.

So to their DFCSB tag we can now add "Serial Moaning Whingeing Gits"

Just one more proof if anything that poopey are Special and have Special Needs.

No sorry that last line was highly offensive to the really Special People in Society.

I also like the waay that the Jock has interpretted Dave's comment

While Cameron was sympathetic to the plight the club is in he agreed to speak to HMRC to recoup the taxes owed from the club.

I know this is not the "prevailing" view. but I still read that as

"I will talk to HMRC and MAKE SURE that they get that Tax Money."

Or in more simplistic terms PAY YOUR FECKING TAXES you DFCSB's

The worst is that ****e reply you got from that MP (WHO MUST BE COMPLETELY IGNORANT....) what they dont seem to get is that NO ONE was worried or blaming the 'succession of dodgy owners' when they were winning the cup and in the top half of the premiership, with a squad build on the debt that has caused their mess... the first time round.... this time they were simply adding to it having gotten away with it once... they simply do not get the fact that if they currently had the squad that their revenue and debt burden demands, they would be rooted to the bottom, but at least they would have some moral high ground, playing kids to ensure they got their club back on an even keel and paid off their creditors is what they should have been doing for the last 2 seasons, whatever the consequences on teh field - tehn and only then would they have had my sympathy even with the rivalry - afterall we have been there.

That Penny women and her mate Dave should shut teh feck up about something they know feck all about. typical sleazy politicos jumping on a populist bandwagon... makes me sick that pompey have bveen playing the 'sympathy card' in all this for so long... no wonder Redflaps fitted in so well there - made in the same mould - laughing at the public with the media seemingly so in love with their 'plucky', and roguish persona - bunch of ****s

The worst is that ****e reply you got from that MP (WHO MUST BE COMPLETELY IGNORANT....) what they dont seem to get is that NO ONE was worried or blaming the 'succession of dodgy owners' when they were winning the cup and in the top half of the premiership, with a squad build on the debt that has caused their mess... the first time round.... this time they were simply adding to it having gotten away with it once... they simply do not get the fact that if they currently had the squad that their revenue and debt burden demands, they would be rooted to the bottom, but at least they would have some moral high ground, playing kids to ensure they got their club back on an even keel and paid off their creditors is what they should have been doing for the last 2 seasons, whatever the consequences on teh field - tehn and only then would they have had my sympathy even with the rivalry - afterall we have been there.

That Penny women and her mate Dave should shut teh feck up about something they know feck all about. typical sleazy politicos jumping on a populist bandwagon... makes me sick that pompey have bveen playing the 'sympathy card' in all this for so long... no wonder Redflaps fitted in so well there - made in the same mould - laughing at the public with the media seemingly so in love with their 'plucky', and roguish persona - bunch of ****s

Reminds me of that Fast Show geezer, the 'lovable rogue' image they love to purvey:

People on here are being rather silly. There was no call for the tax to be waived or whatever, rather she wanted HMRC to sit down & sort out a better way of getting the money back than going through the court. After all winding up the club, which provides massive support for the local economy, serves no real benefit for anyone as it means many creditors wont get any of their money back!

Businesses would be losing even more money with the club gone. Without regular use by fans, incomes would be low. Not very hard to understand. Once the club sits down with HMRC (and hopefully the FA/FL too) then can find a respectable ownership solution so that the locals have a say and any investment isn't coming from some crook with a dodgy history. PFC does wonders for the local community and so needs to be saved.

All the scummers on here make me feel sick. Feigning mock outrage to have a go at your Pompey rivals. Sad bunch of gutless' date=' tell tale, squinnies (probably bullied at school). Personally I can't stand the Tory party, but you did your constituents proud today. I guarantee you, to a man, those criticising you are scummers and you don't represent them anyway, so tell them to crawl back under their red and White stones! ;)[/quote']...

Funny how all the people kicking off are scummers? You're mock indignation' date=' is pitiful. Whilst all Pompey despise your banal, passionless club of nothingness, I don't remember Pompey fans writing to MP's, football league etc to complain when you failed to pay your debts. I guess snivelling isn't the Pompey way.[/quote']...

Originally Posted by Pay Up Penny's Facebook page

Funny how all the people kicking off are scummers? You're mock indignation, is pitiful. Whilst all Pompey despise your banal, passionless club of nothingness, I don't remember Pompey fans writing to MP's, football league etc to complain when you failed to pay your debts. I guess snivelling isn't the Pompey way.

Not enough mention of hand-wringing or investigative genius's [sic] for my liking, but still a decent effort. Needs to get himself a contact high up at the club, whom he sees socially every few weeks, for parity with the undisputed master. 8/10

Completely missing the point. And it's so frustrating.

Of course there is a better way of HMRC getting their taxes! Pay them on time in the first place! Almost every other company in the country manages it, and nobody should get special treatment.

Oh... and if you don't pay, that's when you go to court.

HMRC should not be spending its time discussing and negotiating tax payments with private businesses, or trying to figure out resolutions to ownership issues. Open the door for one... even just a little... and then you open the door for them all. Furthermore, such a policy would require HMRC to itself carry an additional burden of staff, lawyers, accountants etc... itself to be funded by tax revenue.

So it's very simple. Pay your taxes when they're due, or we'll try and get you shut down.

What's more, it is unbelievable that an MP refuses to accept this. She should be hounded out of parliament.

(and in case anyone brings up Vodafone, that's a totally different situation - that case revolves around a dispute about what tax is or isn't due, not an outright failure to pay undisputed tax as in this case)

Thewhat they dont seem to get is that NO ONE was worried or blaming the 'succession of dodgy owners' when they were winning the cup and in the top half of the premiership

Err, maybe because when we won the cup we hadn't had a succession of dodgy owners. The procession (Fahim, Al Faraj, Chainrai, Antonov) all came afterwards. HTH

By the way, ref the tax bill, have you all complained to your MP about the amount Vodafone are getting away with not paying or are you all a complete bunch of hypocrites? Just asking

Err, maybe because when we won the cup we hadn't had a succession of dodgy owners. The procession (Fahim, Al Faraj, Chainrai, Antonov) all came afterwards. HTH

By the way, ref the tax bill, have you all complained to your MP about the amount Vodafone are getting away with not paying?

Yes. Next question

And I wonder what made the club so attractive to the subsequent dodgy owners in the first place. Nothing to do with how the club had been run beforehand of course....

Ho is just toying with us again, rewriting history through rose-tinted specs.

All was fine and above board until the day after the cup 'win'.

Yes, of course it was - there wasn't a decade of sleaze....:?

There was no funny business between the three amigos, no player bungs, no agent deals, no special incentives to get the likes of Sheringham and Merson, nothing unusual in any way - and Daddy Child-Maimer was nothing to do with the club at any point.

And of course the figures are fine now, we are all nutjobs.

So this isn't a thread, its an internet holding ward for Broadmoor.

Everyone here is wrong.

Apart from Ho.

Ho is just toying with us again, rewriting history through rose-tinted specs.

All was fine and above board until the day after the cup 'win'.

Yes, of course it was - there wasn't a decade of sleaze....:?

There was no funny business between the three amigos, no player bungs, no agent deals, no special incentives to get the likes of Sheringham and Merson, nothing unusual in any way - and Daddy Child-Maimer was nothing to do with the club at any point.

And of course the figures are fine now, we are all nutjobs.

So this isn't a thread, its an internet holding ward for Broadmoor.

Everyone here is wrong.

Apart from Ho.

Nice

By the way, ref the tax bill, have you all complained to your MP about the amount Vodafone are getting away with not paying or are you all a complete bunch of hypocrites? Just asking

That's really funny in a satirical kind of way... Like

i am talking to my MP about it tomorrow,the lady in the office was appalled about it and then mentioned Darlington!!!Sdaly she said that the MP knew little about football.

Hw about others talking to their MPs. Also Penny overstepped the mark regarding internal memos

To be fair, Corp Ho does make a valid point about us being too focused on PFC's tax swerves. There are indeed many other examples of companies avoiding tax that we should also be focuising on.

Here's one random example that I found on the interweb: http://host.madison.com/business/biz_beat/biz-beat-i-pay-more-federal-income-tax-than-mattel/article_82eae55e-0fca-11e1-8af8-001cc4c002e0.html

In this excellent new study, the non-partisan Citizens for Tax Justice found that many of the largest corporations paid no federal income tax from 2008 to 2010. It's not just the well-publicized case of GE

Dozens of leading companies have managed to avoid paying income taxes despite booking hefty profits. The list includes two state-based electric utilities -- Wisconsin Electric of Milwaukee and Integrys Energy, formerly Wisconsin Public Service, of Green Bay.

It also includes Mattel, parent company of Middleton-based American Girl, which counted over $1 billion in profits from 2008-2010 and still somehow managed to grab a $9 million refund from the IRS.

Edited by trousers

Good old Gaydamak, he was straight down the line, wasn't he. Daddy was a gun runner and son had no visible means of income. Yep, he was fine......by your standards.

When my MP stands up in the House of Commons and says about Vodafone what Ms Mordaunt said yesterday about Pompey, rest assured he'll be getting a letter.

I notice quite a few comments on her page from Pompey residents, with a brain, that point out that she had one hit to raise the loss of 3000 jobs in the Portsmouth Dockyard in front of the PM, and the rest of the nation. Instead she pipes up about the plight of the local tax dodging football club. Crass.

i am talking to my MP about it tomorrow,the lady in the office was appalled about it and then mentioned Darlington!!!Sdaly she said that the MP knew little about football.

Hw about others talking to their MPs. Also Penny overstepped the mark regarding internal memos

^ That's the most startling observation in all this IMO.

Also, in her original reply to the poster who rasied it with her last week, she mentioned something about "employees making up salaries" (or words to that effect?). I keep meaning to go back over that one as I wasn't sure what she meant when I first read it and it seems like a strange thing to come up with on reflection.

To be fair, Corp Ho does make a valid point about us being too focused on PFC's tax swerves. There are indeed many other examples of companies avoiding tax that we should also be focuising on.

Here's one random example that I found on the interweb: http://host.madison.com/business/biz_beat/biz-beat-i-pay-more-federal-income-tax-than-mattel/article_82eae55e-0fca-11e1-8af8-001cc4c002e0.html

In this excellent new study, the non-partisan Citizens for Tax Justice found that many of the largest corporations paid no federal income tax from 2008 to 2010. It's not just the well-publicized case of GE

Dozens of leading companies have managed to avoid paying income taxes despite booking hefty profits. The list includes two state-based electric utilities -- Wisconsin Electric of Milwaukee and Integrys Energy, formerly Wisconsin Public Service, of Green Bay.

It also includes Mattel, parent company of Middleton-based American Girl, which counted over $1 billion in profits from 2008-2010 and still somehow managed to grab a $9 million refund from the IRS.

Umm that's about USA.

Corporation tax avoidance is often at the behest of central government to incentivise them to remain in the country and employ people. I think it's wrong but there you are. Barclays a year or two ago were in the papers for paying the equivalent of 2% corporation tax. This is of course somewhat different from not paying PAYE, NIC and VAT.

Also Penny overstepped the mark regarding internal memos

A reminder of her original reply on the matter:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1252544#post1252544

Dear Mr

Many thanks for this. I do not say such things lightly, not least because my other half is a tax man, however I have to disagree with your assessment of HMRCs actions.

PFC has paid all tax it owed- near to £15 million since Oct 2010. They missed the deadline for December and 2 working days later final demand was issued- which was delivered late to the club, arriving after the deadline for payment had passed. Rather than waiting until 10th February HMRC announced a winding up order on New Years day. Leaving aside the additional problems this has caused the club ( plummeting player prices etc) one could put this down to tax officials just being very keen. Sadly internal HMRC e-mails tell another story.

Sometimes HMRC ends up cutting its nose off to spite its face. If the club is sold HMRC gets paid. If it isn’t it won’t. In addition to that simple fact- a point which I would make of any business where HMRCs actions could result in debts being paid and jobs secured- I would argue that FCs are a special case. They are not like a supermarket, which when it folds another takes its place: Portsmouth fans, on finding Pompey closed, will not be buying their season tickets at Southampton. Add to that the social value they provide.

We are not asking to be let off paying. Every effort to accommodate HMRCs concerns about a pause incurring additional debt is being made, including staff forging their salaries.

All we want is a meeting to discuss the options. A reasonable request in my view, and one an HMRC mindful of recouping what it is owed ought to grant.

I hope that explains my position. While I appreciate you disagree, I thought it important I explain my assessment, especially as you had taken the trouble to write to me.

Regards,

Penny

Any idea what she meant by that bit in bold about "staff forging their salaries"?

Hypocrites ! Ha !!!

There are no greater hypocrites than you and your ilk..

lapping up every dodgy penny that funded buying a team of internationals that sent you to Wembley a few times, but then squinnying and braying like wounded donkey's when the bills need repaying.

You can't have it all ways - Just take the medicine you deserve!

[/b]

Hypocrites ! Ha !!!

There are no greater hypocrites than you and your ilk..

lapping up every dodgy penny that funded buying a team of internationals that sent you to Wembley a few times, but then squinnying and braying like wounded donkey's when the bills need repaying.

You can't have it all ways - Just take the medicine you deserve!

I see what you did there.... ;)

forgoing - but forging might be right if it is PFC

Its nice of PFC to take the stress off staff who might be having problems deciding if forgoing their salary is the right thing to do by making up their minds for them by not paying them anyway.

you don't get it do you?!. Vodafone tax case does p155 me off but no MP has stood up in Parliament and tried to suggest that HMRC be more lenient (as far as I recall from what I read but am happy to be corrected considering not all the details in the news makes it to Australia), in fact if I recall some MP's were appalled at the settlement HMRC decided on. That's the point, there were no MP's calling for leniency, quite the opposite, therefore there was no need to complain to an offending MP. We're appalled at the question Penny Mordaunt MP posed to the PM (and the PM's response). We have not simply complained to our MP's because PFC haven't paid their tax bill more the comments by the Portsmouth North MP

Maybe this is why Corp is a regional sales bod. Companies have all sorts of tax bills. He is comparing PFC2010's PAYE, NIC and VAT illegal non-payment with legal (but morally wrong) VERY low rates of Corporation Tax of said companies like Vodafone. The reason that these low rates are tolerated is that they pay a lot of PAYE, NIC and VAT on time each and every time they need to. They don't write off million and millions of these taxes and reform as a new company carrying on as before as if nothing had happened. I presume PFC2010's Corporation Tax bill is somewhat irrelevant seeing as they don't make any profit.

You see Steve, this is the sort of thing that loses you sympathy. Surely it was Mandaric and Redknapp that started this when they overspent and took you to the cup final? It was them that built up the debts that made Mandairc sell to anyone who'd give him the cash , regardless of where they came from or where their money came from.And let's fact it, Mandaric only bought you in the first place after the previous administration.

2 questions for you:

1. When do you think Portsmouth FC (under whatever offical name) was last actually living within its means? .. the 60's..the 70's maybe?

2. And can you explain to me why in God's name the club didn't sell any players before the deadline to generate cash to pay the outstanding bill?

And don't give me that 'smallest squad in the league' drivel again. All you need do is promote a few of your youngsters to the senior squad, like we did when we were skint, and hey presto you'd have a bigger squad --what is more, maybe one you could afford.

Brilliant :lol: Not only do they support a corrupt business, they work for one :D

Edited by St Jim
spelling

Yes. Next question

PMSL

the troll completely re-writes history.

Let's see Dodgy onwers? Oh yes, one is in court this week on Tax Fraud charges - Innocent still but still dodgy enough to be in Court. Let's think how many other Football Club owners have been taken to Court by the Police in the past 2 or 3 years so publicly for dealings that appear to have been "Dodgy"

And who followed Milan?

Clearly he doesn't count, a frontman with no money covering Daddy the child maimers ass.

Just do everyone a favour and don't quote his lies

And don't give me that 'smallest squad in the league' drivel again. All you need do is promote a few of your youngsters to the senior squad, like we did when we were skint, and hey presto you'd have a bigger squad --what is more, maybe one you could afford.

They did, then sold him, the smallest earner in the squad, for a measly 400k (which I doubt is 400k up front)

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Prosecution begin by asking Redknapp if "your evidence yesterday was utterly misleading?" Redknapp: "Absolutely not"

Pros ask Redknapp if money wasn't a bonus then why did he tell News of World "That money was a bonus paid to me for selling a player"

Redknapp says not important if he tells truth to News of World, only needs to tell truth to police

Redknapp tells jury that what he said to News of World was "all a story" and "I wanted to get him off the phone"

Prosecution: News of World reporter "caught you out Mr Redknapp. You decided to speak to him and let the cat out of the bag"

Redknapp shows frustration with prosecution: "Do you think that me + Mr Mandaric are going to have 2 different stories? Are we that stupid?"

Dear old Rupes and co received an awful lot of stick from Saints fans when his stewardship of the club led to Admin (for what, one relatively small unpaid bill?)

Interesting that whilst Rupes had to put up with a whole lot of vitreol, shoe and coin throwing etc, down the road the succession of those in charge have had welcome banners draped on motorway bridges, asked for autographs and, in Henry Redknapp's case, put forward for a knighthood!!!

Maybe this is why Corp is a regional sales bod. Companies have all sorts of tax bills. He is comparing PFC2010's PAYE, NIC and VAT illegal non-payment with legal (but morally wrong) VERY low rates of Corporation Tax of said companies like Vodafone. The reason that these low rates are tolerated is that they pay a lot of PAYE, NIC and VAT on time each and every time they need to. They don't write off million and millions of these taxes and reform as a new company carrying on as before as if nothing had happened. I presume PFC2010's Corporation Tax bill is somewhat irrelevant seeing as they don't make any profit.

I imagine that as an account 'manager' Roesy is not allowed to do anything more important than make telesales calls to the toyshops on a daily list. Things like finance would not be covered by the Barbie remit:(

On another subject completely I hear a well known toy and tax dodging conglomerate plan a 'P*mpey Ken' complete with authentic chequered hat, clown outfit, chav tattoos and a litre bottle of nauseating, body-odour scented 'perfume'. Various accessories will include scruffy caravans, P45 and signing on documents, maimed children (detachable legs) and an succession of empty boxes denoting Al Mirage, the invisible, missing bestest supporters and the P*mpey bank account. A further accessory will be a fat ice cream salesman but no van (no money to buy one) and a 'paint your own' underwater casino with it's own comedy recordings. A fat female MP is also planned spouting drivel and a lego football ground with loose fitting bricks and a bottle of authentic nottarF kraP scented toilet water.

Edited by dronskisaint

So Venables (banned from serving as a director for 7 years in 1998 for "bribery, lying, deception, manipulation of accounts and taking money that should have been given to creditors") and Mandaric (currently in court on tax evasion charges, in case you hadn't noticed) weren't dodgy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: