Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I've emailed a link to the post, where Porky Penny says about her partner being a taxman and her seeing internal HMRC emails, to Tom Newton Dunn the political editor of The Sun and also to Rachael Singh over at Accountancy Age. :)

Received an email from Tom

"Thanks very much for alerting us to this - very interesting. We will pursue it.

Tom"

The article that MLG posted on the previous page held this little gem from JoCa

Again, I posted that the undoing of Vlad & Roman would be their total and complete arrogance.

Glad I read to the end of the thread because I was just going to highlight that quote as I remembered what you'd said about their arrogance before. Perhaps one of the few things Cala said that was correct.

I notice on the comments section of the News website there are skates suggesting Saints turn up in colours to show their support for their fellow South coats side. Some how I can't see too many taking that offer up.

I notice on the comments section of the News website there are skates suggesting Saints turn up in colours to show their support for their fellow South coats side. Some how I can't see too many taking that offer up.

And some of them have the cheek to call us deluded...... STILL!!!!!

More chance of the Pope taking the Hajj.

I'd sooner give up football all together then show even an ounce of support for them. I hope they rot.

Oh hey look, a nice round number of pages.

As it's now starting to look more and more likely, I'm now wishing our resident Pompey supporters the best of luck with plan B.

I genuinely mean that, the derby games, as rare as they are, are the games I absolutely look forward to most, and I'd like there to be at least the remote chance that at some point in the future, there's a chance they could happen again.

We are not asking to be let off paying. Every effort to accommodate HMRCs concerns about a pause incurring additional debt is being made, including staff forging their salaries.

Regards,

Miss MoneyPenny

forgoing - but forging might be right if it is PFC

Or maybe she meant "foraging for their salaries"?

Didn't Liebherr pay the debts in full, so there was no need af a CVA? If true, then we legally nor morally owe anyone anything as compared to Pompey who ran from the bill with their last CVA (where the V really isn't very V, if you ask me)...

I think the "V" in Cheats FC's CVA stands for the V's they have been flicking over the past years at the taxpayers, charities, small businesses, other clubs, the PL and the FL.

Storrie was tried in a related case and a verdict reached, which cannot be reported, because of the ongoing case involving Redknapp and Mad n' Rich. I can tell you, however, that he was found ******

Hmm ..... guess the 6 letter word riddle.

"Honest"? (Or am I guilty of being stupid?)

:D I'm hear all week.:smug:

I think you mean "here"

You're on a slippery slope there. Trying to correct Mack's (deliberate) misspellings would be like trying to empty a bath tub with a thimble.

This is pretty interesting, I have seen an printed letter in circulation aimed at local coaches, physios, volunteers etc from local semi pro and grassroot clubs. Inviting people to register their interest for a 'database' to help the currently unanamed, 'PLAN B' club.

When I'm next at training I'll take a photo and upload.

nice I idea, wonder if they came up with a similar idea and did the same for us when SLH were in admin and we were close to folding......errr no it is then!

They really are starting to think it could be over soon....let's hope they're right!!

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/the_worst_case_scenario_726331/index.shtml

A well written article and it describes why many Saints fans do not want to see them go pop. A long, slow , painful death for Pompey is so enjoyable to watch when compared to a phoenix club.

The article may be well written but surely it is deluded. The writer mentions them playing Aldershot and Luton in the near future. They should be so lucky. A pheonix club would surely start in the Wessex league - not div 2 (Aldershot) or the Conference (Luton). Perhaps the writer thinks that Porky Penny will get the PM to pleadd for them.

Yer gotta larf :lol:

So when we were about to go pop they were gonna "dance on our grave", there were "liquidation parties planned" in some of their local pubs and "the only good scummer is a dead scummer" and they want Saints fans to go down and show their support for them (I suppose it's a novel way to get a decent crowd in for once and boost the coffers)...I'm thinking they're gonna be disappointed.

When Saints nearly went under, a small part of me was excited about AFC Saints. Yes it would be a huge shame and we were lucky in the end, but after all the turmoil, the bickering, plummeting down the leagues, player sales etc., the thought of starting afresh and seeing the new club spend 5 or 6 years winning each week rising through the leagues sounded good. The main thing against it was the waste of a great stadium and academy. If we didn't have those, as PFC don't, then there's not so much to lose. Once back up, it'll effectively be the same club. It's history will be merged, as AFC Wimbledon are effectively Wimbledon. To any football fan, MK Dons didn't spend time in the premiership and win an FA Cup. They popped up from nowhere stealing a league place. Wimbledon were just unofficially relegated about 10 divisions.

Every time I hear one of the pleading bleating whingeing few, I think back to THAT FA Cup game.

The one where they went to Court and said they had LOADSA money and went out and brought in even MORE players who scored against us.

The posts where they danced on our grave and p1ssed on our seats

THAT is why these 1024 pages have been so satisfying.

They haven't died, but watching the PAIN has been close to Orgasmic.

It will be a shame when it all finally ends, but they'll have a clean new club and I'll have the same feelings for them as I do for Bompey.

None

You mean they need our help to 'pack the park'? ROFL.

Every time I hear one of the pleading bleating whingeing few, I think back to THAT FA Cup game.

The one where they went to Court and said they had LOADSA money and went out and brought in even MORE players who scored against us.

The posts where they danced on our grave and p1ssed on our seats

THAT is why these 1024 pages have been so satisfying.

They haven't died, but watching the PAIN has been close to Orgasmic.

It will be a shame when it all finally ends, but they'll have a clean new club and I'll have the same feelings for them as I do for Bompey.

None

Hell Yes.

They really are starting to think it could be over soon....let's hope they're right!!

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/the_worst_case_scenario_726331/index.shtml

Not a bad article, but I'd have to take issue with this statement, early on in the piece:

Whilst it is more likely that the club will be placed into administration and incur the relevant penalties, that will only be a short-term solution to a long-term problem that has no signs of being solved in the future.

I'd have thought that administration is the least likely outcome. The purpose of administration is to protect an otherwise solvent business from creditors for a period of time, until issues of mony owing can be resolved (in other words, a CVA). However, as has been frequently stated, Pompey's problems are ones of cash flow, not of debt. Yes, they owe money to HMRC, and now to their own staff, but this has come about because their outgoings exceed their income. In order for them to exist in administration, money has to come in from somewhere to meet everyday expenditure, and I can't see that this would happen - all the more so now that the transfer window has closed and they can't sell players to get money in.

There's nobody willing to cover the costs of administration, they're in a position of insolvency, they don't own their ground or the surrounding land. Barring a miracle (such as a massively rich Pompey fanatic suddenly turning up) I can only see one realistic outcome here.

Are they serious? Any Saints fans who went in colours would be treated to a good kicking and would likely be arrested for incitement.

I'll turn up for their first phoenix.game in Saints colours to show my support to rebuilding an honest rivalry as quickly as possible.

Not a bad article, but I'd have to take issue with this statement, early on in the piece:

I'd have thought that administration is the least likely outcome. The purpose of administration is to protect an otherwise solvent business from creditors for a period of time, until issues of mony owing can be resolved (in other words, a CVA). However, as has been frequently stated, Pompey's problems are ones of cash flow, not of debt. Yes, they owe money to HMRC, and now to their own staff, but this has come about because their outgoings exceed their income. In order for them to exist in administration, money has to come in from somewhere to meet everyday expenditure, and I can't see that this would happen - all the more so now that the transfer window has closed and they can't sell players to get money in.

There's nobody willing to cover the costs of administration, they're in a position of insolvency, they don't own their ground or the surrounding land. Barring a miracle (such as a massively rich Pompey fanatic suddenly turning up) I can only see one realistic outcome here.

Indeed. Quite clearly insolvent and, yet, they still continue to escape a points penalty. What on Earth are the Football League waiting for...?

Could someone put on their hat of devil's advocacy and articulate why Pompey SHOULDN'T have points deducted right here, right now?

@pn_neil_allen: So Paul Jewell is told not to deal with Lampitt but with AA on transfer deadline day. Who's in charge here? http://t.co/qWxMO1Oe #Pompey

Paul Jewell has lifted the lid on the ‘nightmare’ of dealing with Pompey on transfer deadline day.

The Ipswich manager was keen to complete a triple swoop for Joel Ward, Jason Pearce and Stephen Henderson.

Blues boss Michael Appleton admitted he was waiting on phone calls while others at Pompey dealt with the club’s transfer activity.

And Jewell has revealed his attempts at completing the deals became impossible because of the chaotic circumstances, with the Tractor Boys boss unsure over who at Fratton Park was dealing with transfers.

Jewell said: ‘It was a nightmare – were we speaking to the right people, was it the administrator or the chief executive?

‘It was difficult. It was a bit of a unique circumstance.

‘It went on for a few weeks and we had different phone calls saying “you’re not allowed to speak to the chief executive, you have to speak to the administrator”.

‘Then the administrator would come on and say “you have to speak to (me)”.

‘And then an agent would come on and say “I am brokering the deal”.

‘It was really messy. I knew by 4pm on deadline day it wasn’t going to happen as I hadn’t even met or spoken to the players.

‘It was a complete nightmare.’

Jewell’s version of events raises questions as to exactly who was dealing with Pompey’s transfer activity on deadline day and whether negotiations were carried out by CSI administrator Andrew Andronikou, Blues chief executive David Lampitt or an intermediary agent who helped set up Ryan Williams’ move to Fulham.

Despite missing out, though, Jewell has not ruled out returning when the emergency loan window opens on Wednesday, when permanent deals can be put in place for the summer.

‘I don’t think the door is closed,’ he said.

‘We were a bit against the clock as it turned into a saga.

‘The players we wanted to bring in we thought were good players.

‘We were led to believe a deal could be done but we can’t do a deal with the players until you agree a fee.

‘The players’ terms, the agent’s demands, we felt were excessive so I said “no”.

‘We won’t look at it unless the demands change.’

Appleton admitted he was left frustrated by his inactivity on deadline day, despite Pompey hanging on to key men.

He said: ‘I was frustrated because I couldn’t do business like everyone else could.

‘I was relieved I hadn’t lost any of my prized assets but I wanted to pick the phone up to people to see if players were available like every other manager.

‘I was a frustrated figure waiting for someone to pick up the phone to me.

‘You would expect, if people had a serious interest in your players, they would ring you up.

‘I was aware offers were coming in and I was a little bit disappointed none of them were coming to me.’

3 February 2012 at 07:45 AM

RobExRAF

This story highlights a very important point about this and last admin. I sent text after text to Howard on transfer night asking why the news were not investigating how a non registered person (AA) was dealing with transfers. This happened last time with azougy and the KaboulbergovicWilson transfers which saw money leave the club to pay back friends!! That's why lampitt wouldn't sacrion the sales,because he knew it was an asset stripping measure in case we are wound up! That's why AA has been so quiet,it's the end game,nothing left to sell on behalf of BC,no premier league payments to secure,FP under a debenture anyway!!this paper isn't interested in asking the important questions. I would imagine AA will be getting some difficult questions very soon,Lampitt is no mug!remember the role he came from,the FA cannot protect anyone from outside the tent,if Lampiit wasn't here the transfer window would've been a lot different.if you read other articles from Cala we were never owned by CSI, BC has always maintained the ownership due to debenture on PFC, the FA must have known this.

Are they serious? Any Saints fans who went in colours would be treated to a good kicking and would likely be arrested for incitement.

I'll turn up for their first phoenix.game in Saints colours to show my support to rebuilding an honest rivalry as quickly as possible.

And you will still "be treated to a good kicking and would likely be arrested for incitement" - same meat different gravy.

only 13,700 tickets sold so far, so yes.

How is the weather over that way this morning. I notice it's -5 up in Salisbury. any chance of getting down to say -10?

Must be tough for the few, those benefit payments and help with heating their caravans can't let them risk paying in advance for a match ticket for a game that may get postponed until after they are dead

I think the "V" in Cheats FC's CVA stands for the V's they have been flicking over the past years at the taxpayers, charities, small businesses, other clubs, the PL and the FL.

My comment was entirely down to ignorance on what CVA really meant. Afterwards I looked it up and subsequently wanted to change my statement, but decided not to, as I expected noone to read it let alone quote it ;)

I thought the 'voluntary' part was on behalf of the creditors - that they agreed to only get a fraction of their money. That seems not to be the case...