Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

There's that magical, mythical £17m cropping up again!

Tell me, how much did Gayboy 'sell' PFC to Chinny for?

And how much did Chinny 'win' when he 'sued' Gayboy?

Oh, that's right, £17m! Funny how everything to do with Pompey owners always comes back to the same amount of money!

and it's now 17 days to HMRC day.

Let's do the tax dodge again,

Let's do the tax dodge again.

It's just a dodge to the left,

It's just a dodge to the right,

With your face in your palm,

Hope and pray you'll be alright,

But its the high court judge,

they really drive you insane...

Let's do the tax dodge again...

Let's do the tax dodge again..

:lol:

Lol can almost hear that being sung against them at SMS

Except they won't last that long

Still think its sad that any club is only ever judged by the 'worst' of its fans - same as we are elsewhere - the Ted Bates booing was about 2 or 3 idiots out of around 3000, amde worse by the Saints fans then booing teh pompey idiots..and the whistle went.

Those things , whilst always emotive, are sadly a part of life, ideiots are everywhere and Portsmouth does not have a monopoly on them.

As mentioned before, for me its more that they illustrate ALL that is wrong with football, and made worse by the fact they 'never learn'. They have forgoten (as indeed does the RH Penny) that teh 'dodgy' is not just aout arms dealers and fake sheiks, but about gainiing league status and cup success by building a debt mountain that was always going to be unsustainable... and no one was complaining about such dodgy owners when at at Wembley.

I know some genuine fans that gave up tehir STs several years back, as they became disillusioned with the shameful way their club was behaving. I do feel sorry for them. They were in the crowd that day the Ted was booed and have told me they were ashamed of the arseholes who caused that simply did not get it.

They had alledgedly 200,000 'fans' celebrating their cup win, a tenner each and the tax man is paid with some to spare... let them keep teh club alive if they really want it. Let them apologiose for the cheating, let them give the cup back, let them say they will pay the charities, and I would bung the phonix a tenner and wish them good luck.... but I dont see them frantically recallibrating the radar at Eastliegh air traffic control for to ID aerial porcine objects any time soon....

Great post...I would have written something similar on here but I thought by doing do that I would merely irritate people.

android has this uncanny knack of turning debt into more debt. What was it last time 58 million (The amount they declared in court) suddenly became 120 odd million and now csi has turned from 10 million into 17.

Oh well, i guess that's another 10,000 lithuaian pensioners screwed

android has this uncanny knack of turning debt into more debt. What was it last time 58 million (The amount they declared in court) suddenly became 120 odd million and now csi has turned from 10 million into 17.

So are they gearing up for admin and to ensure HMRC's debt is under a certain percentage again?

Fortunately this time, that £17m is stated as the amount they paid for the shares - 100% of PFC shares owned by CSI.

I guess that means that no matter how much AA inflates this debt - perhaps he's doing so, so that chinny can write it off against tax for his profitable businesses? - it won't mean a thing when compared with HMRCs debt, so even if admin was sought, HMRC would be the major creditor and would have control over what happens next. Unlike last time when they mysteriously ended up with less than 25% of the total debt so couldn't vote against the CVA.

Just ask Rupes what happens to the value of the shares when admin is declared ;)

They'd need permission from the courts to enter administration (again). And for that to happen, they'd need to demonstrate that there was a business worth protecting.

Unless a White Knight comes galloping over Portsdown Hill clutching bagfuls of cash, then it seems to me more likely than not that the courts would deny them the rabbithole of another spell in administration..

Takeover or liquidation, I reckon - and the ticking is getting louder..

I take it if AFC pompey started up that all the trophies in the past Pompey have won (cheated to win) will be wiped from history?

Cus with Wimbledon and MK dons I'm confused who claims ownership to their FA cup win back in the day

Neither of them do. MK dons agreed to hand it back to be accepted into the Football League. The honours have officially belonged to the London Borough of Merton since that happened

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Different court room today. This one's slightly bigger which means more football fans have been able to fit in public gallery today

Prosecution closing arguments. Ask jury for a "cold, clinical analysis of the issues you need to determine"

Prosecution say Redknapp "knows perfectly well that his club had a responsibility for deducting tax at source"

Prosecution say key question about Monaco money is: "Did it arise from employment income? Was it a bonus?" If bonus, should have been taxed

Prosecution "Was it simply coincidence that the £100,000 was not that far from the 5% (Crouch) that Redknapp had lost?"

Prosecution tell jury News of World tape in which Redknapp repeatedly says payment was a bonus is "extremely important"

Prosecution say way Redknapp answers News of World questions is "extremely telling" + "will assist you enormously in determining the truth"

Prosecution say that on the tape Redknapp "couldn't have made it plainer" that money was a bonus. "The words come from Mr Redknapp's mouth"

Prosecution say Redknapp has "many qualities you'll have little doubt about, but fact is this - bonus paid to bank in Monaco + no tax paid"

Edited by trousers

So are they gearing up for admin and to ensure HMRC's debt is under a certain percentage again?

The HMRC percentage only becomes an issue if they apply for a CVA and to do that they need an owner. One major problem is that no one is willing to buy the club. They may enter admin but it will become abundantly clear they are operating insolvent to the tune of at lease 800k per month, then we have the CVA repayments on top and the fact they can't liquidate their assets, so without a buyer the admin isn't going to last long and the HMRC's percentage becomes completely irrelevant.

Isn't the 17.2 a secured creditor (to Portpin/Chainrai) and so does not get factored in to the CVA vote?

In my view the Baker Tilly (old co, existing CVA) debt will have the greatest impact on any CVA.

If they ever get that far...

Just heard on the radio that a similar operation will be carried out by Hampshire police where the Skates will be bubbled by the Police for the return fixture at SMS in April. They'll get a maximum of 3100 tickets.

Probably knew this already, but not heard it on the radio before or seen it on this forum... tbh I haven't looked very hard!

Just heard on the radio that a similar operation will be carried out by Hampshire police where the Skates will be bubbled by the Police for the return fixture at SMS in April. They'll get a maximum of 3100 tickets.

Probably knew this already, but not heard it on the radio before or seen it on this forum... tbh I haven't looked very hard!

That should cost a few bob.

I sincerely hope NC demands payment upfront for the tickets.

Earlobe alert!

Tony Liddell @TonyDogTrainer

David Dein at Fratton Park?? Any one confirm or deny rumours? #Pompey @pn_neil_allen

FFS Dein's name was mentioned weeks ago in some of the crap rumours that came to nothing. Pompey fans are getting so desperate for new interest that they have begun to recycle the crap rumours.

FFS Dein's name was mentioned weeks ago in some of the crap rumours that came to nothing. Pompey fans are getting so desperate for new interest that they have begun to recycle the crap rumours.

David Dein is a very intelligent and astute guy.

There's no way he'd get involved down there. He's not going to pour his and his associates money down a black hole

Anybody fancy nominating David lumpitt for this?

http://www.icharter.org/awards/ceo_of_the_year.html

I first realised his potential when he announced the club were breaking even. Now admittedly he needed;

Advanced parachute money

To pretend TBH wasn't really an employee

10 million of lithuanian money

Not pay HMRC

Not to pay any wages

Not to pay the creditors under 2.5k any money

Defer the CVA by a year so that no unsecured creditors have received a penny

Chalk up a couple of CCJ's

Etc.

But the above is just noise. He has single handedly turned the ship around and they are back on a steady footing. Hell, there was even enough left over to sign a few players. The man is a commercial genius and his efforts should be recognised.

Intrestingly enough if you total that little list up, it's not far of the amount St Mary's cost.

I first realised his potential when he announced the club were breaking even. Now admittedly he needed;

Advanced parachute money

Not pay HMRC

Not to pay any wages

Etc.

But the above is just noise. He has single handedly turned the ship around and they are back on a steady footing. Hell, there was even enough left over to sign a few players. The man is a commercial genius and his efforts should be recognised.

Intrestingly enough if you total that little list up, it's not far of the amount St Mary's cost.

Like Signor Schettino? ;)

You're 'avin' a larf, mush! :D

Well look .. he made a packet there (it was said that he too got a percentage of transfer fees!!!) and has presumably no chance of being employed anywhere else, so obviously he's going to see if there's any more blood in the stone.

Or maybe he just left a good biro in the office

Advanced parachute money

Not pay HMRC

Not to pay any wages

Etc.

It's Lampitt that really puzzles me. I thought he was brought in from the FA to provide some stabiity, and above all some probity and common sense. Instead of which, under his leadership as CEO, they have just returned to all their old ways ---- and just what the hell is he actually doing now?

James Pearce @Pearcesport

Prosecution say Redknapp has "many qualities you'll have little doubt about, but fact is this - bonus paid to bank in Monaco + no tax paid"

I do not recall seeing report that Pros asked Mandaric why he put money in Rednapp's Monaco Bank Account when he already had an account with HSBC in the UK. Seems they may have missed a trick here.

Well look .. he made a packet there (it was said that he too got a percentage of transfer fees!!!) and has presumably no chance of being employed anywhere else, so obviously he's going to see if there's any more blood in the stone.

Or maybe he just left a good biro in the office

*whoosh*

Observe... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8538829.stm :o

It's Lampitt that really puzzles me. I thought he was brought in from the FA to provide some stabiity, and above all some probity and common sense. Instead of which, under his leadership as CEO, they have just returned to all their old ways ---- and just what the hell is he actually doing now?

I'm led to believe that, despite all the logic that suggests otherwise, Lampitt was NOT parachuted in by the FA to keep an eye on things. He genuinely saw it as a career opportunity down there, with a massive pay-rise to boot.

I sincerely hope NC demands payment upfront for the tickets.

i think this is a very important point and should be given some consideration. Saints fans had to pay for match and coach ticket to skates away game, but we obviously paid Southampton Football Club who in turn would have paid the coach company and Portsmouth football club.

For the fixture at st marys who is going to check what Pompey do with the money? will the bus company be happy supplying without upfront payment? and what will saints do to ensure we get paid?