Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Every time I hear one of the pleading bleating whingeing few, I think back to THAT FA Cup game.

The one where they went to Court and said they had LOADSA money and went out and brought in even MORE players who scored against us.

The posts where they danced on our grave and p1ssed on our seats

THAT is why these 1024 pages have been so satisfying.

They haven't died, but watching the PAIN has been close to Orgasmic.

It will be a shame when it all finally ends, but they'll have a clean new club and I'll have the same feelings for them as I do for Bompey.

None

Great post to start the day.

I take it if AFC pompey started up that all the trophies in the past Pompey have won (cheated to win) will be wiped from history?

Cus with Wimbledon and MK dons I'm confused who claims ownership to their FA cup win back in the day

neither of them , in my opinion.

They really are starting to think it could be over soon....let's hope they're right!!

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/the_worst_case_scenario_726331/index.shtml

But as it says...

People may say that it wouldn't be the same club and they'd probably be right. A new Portsmouth FC may not be able to lay claim to the trophies and the rich history the current club has but we, the fans, will still have the memories

and that's the one problem, they still cling on to those memories and why the inaction by the authorities to what was happening also needs to be looked at.

One thing that dawned on me in the shower.

Harry's declaration in court that he 'lied' to the NOTW reporter.

That won't help his future relationship with the press...will it?

Haha. :lol:

Yeah, that dawned on me yesterday. So he's happy to tell a pack of lies to the press. Wait for the first press conference after the court case, wonder if he'll say that he was honest guv with the journo's and lied to the court?

But as it says...

[/font][/color]

and that's the one problem, they still cling on to those memories and why the inaction by the authorities to what was happening also needs to be looked at.

Yeah, that dawned on me yesterday. So he's happy to tell a pack of lies to the press. Wait for the first press conference after the court case, wonder if he'll say that he was honest guv with the journo's and lied to the court?

And in that line is where 'arry's game ends.

There simply can be no way now whatever the Verdict that the FA can appoint him as England Manager.

He admits he lied to the Press. If he is acquitted, that lie still helped lead to a massively expensive Court Case. as well as the fact that the press will turn on him big time.

And in that line is where 'arry's game ends.

There simply can be no way now whatever the Verdict that the FA can appoint him as England Manager.

He admits he lied to the Press. If he is acquitted, that lie still helped lead to a massively expensive Court Case. as well as the fact that the press will turn on him big time.

I bet they don`t. The press love `Arry. He is good copy.

@pn_neil_allen: So Paul Jewell is told not to deal with Lampitt but with AA on transfer deadline day. Who's in charge here? http://t.co/qWxMO1Oe #Pompey

Originally Posted by The News

Paul Jewell has lifted the lid on the ‘nightmare’ of dealing with Pompey on transfer deadline day.

The Ipswich manager was keen to complete a triple swoop for Joel Ward, Jason Pearce and Stephen Henderson.

Blues boss Michael Appleton admitted he was waiting on phone calls while others at Pompey dealt with the club’s transfer activity.

And Jewell has revealed his attempts at completing the deals became impossible because of the chaotic circumstances, with the Tractor Boys boss unsure over who at Fratton Park was dealing with transfers.

Jewell said: ‘It was a nightmare – were we speaking to the right people, was it the administrator or the chief executive?

‘It was difficult. It was a bit of a unique circumstance.

‘It went on for a few weeks and we had different phone calls saying “you’re not allowed to speak to the chief executive, you have to speak to the administrator”.

Then the administrator would come on and say “you have to speak to (me)”.

The administrator? I thought PFC weren't in administration. Wonder what the FL will make of it when so blatantly PFC are acting as if they are in administration if CSI's administrator is trying to dictate how the business of PFC is run.

@pn_Rory_McKeown: RT @PennyMordauntMP: Just been mailed by a Dad whose little boy wants the PM to come to the next Pompey match. Sweet!

They really are deluded, they think the PM is a closet Poopey fan....

cotchpot Chris Cotterell

@

@PennyMordauntMP would it ever happen? Least then he'd see our passion!

10 hours ago

They really are deluded, they think the PM is a closet Poopey fan....

cotchpot Chris Cotterell

@

@PennyMordauntMP would it ever happen? Least then he'd see our passion!

10 hours ago

Stand him next to TCWTB and he'd have them shut down there and then.

( Anyway, AFAIK DC is a Villa fan )

One thing that dawned on me in the shower.

Harry's declaration in court that he 'lied' to the NOTW reporter.

That won't help his future relationship with the press...will it?

Haha. :lol:

I'm worried, that while you are in the shower, you are thinking about Redknapp.

People have been locked up for a lot less than that. ;-)

If there is a 'phoenix club' such as AFC Pompey, I wouldn't necessarily count on them rising through the leagues a la Wimbledon. I envisage a different scenario: they'll have quite a few fans and do well at first. Then they will hit a plateau, say in Conference South, where they begin to struggle to rise out of mid-table. The few become fewer, their children grow up and won't follow a non-league club but instead support Man U/City, Chelsea, maybe (note to Camoron and Hot Penny) even Southampton...

Eventually they may be satisfied with this level and live within their means. But if they've got the same deluded fans, imagine a club actually set up by that lot. They'd overspend, not having learned their lesson with the old club, get into debt, and go the way of many non-league clubs before - possibly for the want of a few thousand pounds.

They'd be best to throw their support behind an existing non-league club such as Havant & Waterlooville. I have a gut feeling that any football club associated with Portsmouth is doomed...

Has anyone got a copy of the "Statement of Administrator's Proposals" (Document Type: 2.17B) for the adminstration of CSI, as published on 20th January?

I suppose I could splash out £1 to download it myself.....

The main objective of yesterday's creditors meeting was to approve (or otherwise) this proposal docment, as per the process outlined here: http://www.bankruptcy-insolvency.co.uk/insolvency-act/p02c0_3.php

Edited by trousers

I take it if AFC pompey started up that all the trophies in the past Pompey have won (cheated to win) will be wiped from history?

Cus with Wimbledon and MK dons I'm confused who claims ownership to their FA cup win back in the day

According to Wiki neither AFC Wimbledon nor MK Dons have the FA Cup credited to them, however on the MK Don's website they claim it so I guess that's the official line. That said I'd image both sets of fans try to claim it.

When Saints nearly went under, a small part of me was excited about AFC Saints. Yes it would be a huge shame and we were lucky in the end, but after all the turmoil, the bickering, plummeting down the leagues, player sales etc., the thought of starting afresh and seeing the new club spend 5 or 6 years winning each week rising through the leagues sounded good. The main thing against it was the waste of a great stadium and academy. If we didn't have those, as PFC don't, then there's not so much to lose. Once back up, it'll effectively be the same club. It's history will be merged, as AFC Wimbledon are effectively Wimbledon. To any football fan, MK Dons didn't spend time in the premiership and win an FA Cup. They popped up from nowhere stealing a league place. Wimbledon were just unofficially relegated about 10 divisions.

The big issue woth an AFC Portsmouth would be the stadium. Many of their fans who are considering this seem to be envisaging still playing at Fratton Park, with a relativelyt big fan base for non-league and therefore soon climbing their way back up into the league. If they were at FP it would still feel like portsmouth FC to them.

If however, as seems more likely to me in spite of the convenant on it, FP gets sold as part of the liquidation, what will be the difference between AFC Portsmouth playing at Moneyfields or Havant's ground and ..err ..say Havant playing at Havant's ground? They'd be lucky to get crowds of more than about a thousand, especially after the first flush of enthusiam wore off. I can't see that leading to a rapid rise through the leagues, and the lack of a ground would stop them ever returning to "glory".

as the current club is damaged beyond repair I'm happy to respect the Plan B project.

A fresh club run correctly, competing on a level playing field - that would be most refreshing and deserving of respect.

Sadly, within five minutes I fear we would be treated to more spitting hate from the new club's followers.

The same retards who were behaving sub-human at Fratton this season - I'm not sure that dentally-challenged, cross-eyed, inbred simpletons wholly embrace the concept of inter-club harmony.

Remember, they are a club for local people.

It's a nice idea that we are all football fans and should gather to give each other support, but IMO it isn't realistic.

Too much has gone under the bridge and there is absolute hatred from some sections - and anyone who lives on the frontline knows what I mean.

That's why this thread is so long - normal (and some less normal) Saints fans have been riled by years of delusion and abuse - this is Judgement Thread, and it's great!

I said a million pages back that it all changed for me the night they abused Ted Bates, that's when they really came onto my radar.

Shouting insults in front of a deam man's family? - their arrogance and lack of class has fuelled this thread.

Minus 10 in scumtown - the scummers are going down, dance on their graves.

Well Ted is still standing there, looking good, looking east and he's waving goodbye.

So it's just banter from me and best wishes for a new club, but no skate-hugging I'm afraid, Ted is right, just give them a wave as they go.

And the thought of rolling up at Fratton in colours - it's illegal under ground regulations - and insane.

Reading through Penny Mordaunt's Twitter page I see she doesn't find it fit to justify herself, or answer any of the questions and points raised. Can we take it she regrets bringing the subject up ?

I think an MP's time is best used looking after the elderly and honest tax payers, not a business that fails to pay its tax and increases its debts. There also needs some investigation by the government in what she may of seem in the way of records and emails from HMRC. If she has seen ANY documents then she needs to be sacked.

Her number one interest at the moment for the people she serves should be the dock workers and the defence cuts there. Especially at when you look at the way things seem to be escalating in the Falklands. What also about Health Workers ? How many nurses would their debt pay for ?

I have put my points over to the PM as many others have, but can't see us getting a reply. If you help one business in anyway then you have to help everyone.

In the meantime I hope and pray that I'll refresh this thread and see them gone forever, and of course seeing Harry gets locked up !

I thought MK Dons had given them the cup? Doubt they'd have the nerve to keep it. The only link MK Dons have is taking the place in the league and having the name 'dons' in them. Besides that it's nothing to do with Wimbledon. Surprised Wimbledon haven't dropped the AFC yet, and MK haven't dropped the Dons.

they have , MK Dons relinquished their claim to it and passed to AFC Wimbledon.

Wimbledon are the rightful owners of the Cup , as it is wimbledon fans who make up AFC Wimbledon and therefore the moral argument sides with them, the club IS the fans. They have done a superb job getting the club back to the league in under 10 years , hopefully they can get back to league one and rise above Franchise FC

I said a million pages back that it all changed for me the night they abused Ted Bates, that's when they really came onto my radar.

Shouting insults in front of a deam man's family? - their arrogance and lack of class has fuelled this thread.

Minus 10 in scumtown - the scummers are going down, dance on their graves.

Well Ted is still standing there, looking good, looking east and he's waving goodbye.

So it's just banter from me and best wishes for a new club, but no skate-hugging I'm afraid, Ted is right, just give them a wave as they go.

This sums it up for me too, F*ck em, there scum, best thing to do is enjoy there suffering and wave cheerio as they disappear forever.

Tough luck fish F*ckers......you wont be missed

Has anyone got a copy of the "Statement of Administrator's Proposals" (Document Type: 2.17B) for the adminstration of CSI, as published on 20th January?

(top one on this list of docs here:

I suppose I could splash out £1 to download it myself.....

The main objective of yesterday's creditors meeting was to approve (or otherwise) this proposal docment, as per the process outlined here:

Edit that Trousers, it reveals your email address.

Anyone help me please? Letters have gone to PM and Penny Mordaunt..No problem:)

My son has also sent one to Caroline Dineage? spellin?

Waiting for a reply why/who etc is she related to Fred? and why has he sent her a letter which is very similar to the Mordaunt letter of complaint..

Confused of ottery as usual..

He will put me straight eventually...or has he got the two ladies mixed up>

From my own point of view...IWILL NEVER FORGET THATDAY AT ST MARYS WHEN POMPEY BEAT US 4-1 and all the players they had signed and never ever truthfully paid their wages... CHEATS and deserve all that is coming to them.

The Lady Judge should have wound them up :(...

CHEATS The lot of them.....Politians , Pompey ........

Arry and Mandy ...

What a lovely couple in the court house...:blush:

.Sums it up......

You can not trust a jury even when it is in black and white...

So expect these boyzz to get a £1 out of the poor box for their troubles..:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/#!/SneakyFC/status/165386999199580160

Turns out the CSI investment into PFC is actually £17.2m, not the £10.8m previously stated...

'It is apparent that PFC requires an investment in order for the club to continue to trade'

Sounds very similar to 'trading while insolvent' to me.

Edited by andysstuff
typo

Still think its sad that any club is only ever judged by the 'worst' of its fans - same as we are elsewhere - the Ted Bates booing was about 2 or 3 idiots out of around 3000, amde worse by the Saints fans then booing teh pompey idiots..and the whistle went.

Those things , whilst always emotive, are sadly a part of life, ideiots are everywhere and Portsmouth does not have a monopoly on them.

As mentioned before, for me its more that they illustrate ALL that is wrong with football, and made worse by the fact they 'never learn'. They have forgoten (as indeed does the RH Penny) that teh 'dodgy' is not just aout arms dealers and fake sheiks, but about gainiing league status and cup success by building a debt mountain that was always going to be unsustainable... and no one was complaining about such dodgy owners when at at Wembley.

I know some genuine fans that gave up tehir STs several years back, as they became disillusioned with the shameful way their club was behaving. I do feel sorry for them. They were in the crowd that day the Ted was booed and have told me they were ashamed of the arseholes who caused that simply did not get it.

They had alledgedly 200,000 'fans' celebrating their cup win, a tenner each and the tax man is paid with some to spare... let them keep teh club alive if they really want it. Let them apologiose for the cheating, let them give the cup back, let them say they will pay the charities, and I would bung the phonix a tenner and wish them good luck.... but I dont see them frantically recallibrating the radar at Eastliegh air traffic control for to ID aerial porcine objects any time soon....

Tweets

TruthWillOut @SneakyFC

Who are Taurus Assest Management? They seem to be creditors of CSI to the tune of £13M, the 2nd highest after Portpin.

TruthWillOut @SneakyFC

Taurus Assest Management = Taurus Mutual Fund? Based in India #redherring ?

TruthWillOut @SneakyFC

Back to Taurus. Seems like a dead end, not related to PFC or Portpin.

TruthWillOut @SneakyFC

Oh hello! Interesting. Another Vlad business link with Taurus! english.blic.rs/Economy/8139/R… #pompey

[/url] No wonder Vlad is ****ed if he owes Chiiny £17m and Taurus £13m, based on the net worth of CSI as **** all.

So, did he use Taurus money to buy PFC?

I'd like to know from the FL why they're delaying decisions of points deductions. Many have said it's awaiting outcome of ownership, WUP etc., but the simple fact is, a big points deduction will put off many investors. So delaying it is a HUGE favour to PFC. A favour NOT afford SFC, Luton, Bournemouth, Darlington etc. WHY? WHY? WHY?

The media STILL reports this as if it's poor little pompey, doesn't pick up on the bewildering inconsistency behind it.

Think I can understand it.

The club is doing a fantastic job of imploding all by itself, the farce of needing to sell players but nobody making a decision is just one example.

Giving them a points deduction this week or next is irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things.

BUT by sitting by the side letting them implode/try to mug some fool they simply keep their powder dry.

Also the not insubstatial point that "the points penalty" before a buyer is found (hahaha) could open them up to a challenge in the courts - poopey could say someone walked away and the League could find themselves liable - unlikely but a possibility.

Anyway, 20th Feb, they won't need to deduct points. poopey will do it for them

https://twitter.com/#!/SneakyFC/status/165386999199580160

Turns out the CSI investment into PFC is actually £17.2m, not the £10.8m previously stated...

There's that magical, mythical £17m cropping up again!

Tell me, how much did Gayboy 'sell' PFC to Chinny for?

And how much did Chinny 'win' when he 'sued' Gayboy?

Oh, that's right, £17m! Funny how everything to do with Pompey owners always comes back to the same amount of money!

Think I can understand it.

The club is doing a fantastic job of imploding all by itself, the farce of needing to sell players but nobody making a decision is just one example.

Giving them a points deduction this week or next is irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things.

BUT by sitting by the side letting them implode/try to mug some fool they simply keep their powder dry.

Also the not insubstatial point that "the points penalty" before a buyer is found (hahaha) could open them up to a challenge in the courts - poopey could say someone walked away and the League could find themselves liable - unlikely but a possibility.

Anyway, 20th Feb, they won't need to deduct points. poopey will do it for them

Think DP is right here, still a bit puzzled by the deafening silence from PFA over unpaid players this month - I know they'll get their money one way or another eventually, but the point is they must have outgoings like the rest of us, and they aren't all going to be on phone number salaries. Anyone wish to speculate?

If you borrow money from someone and they go bust it's not your fault. That's why, on the simplest level, they haven't got a points deduction. If you take out a loan from a bank and the bank goes under you wouldn't expect to be penalised.

However, they are clearly insolvent at the moment and their previous solvency was clearly entirely dependent on a line of credit which no longer exists. So, absent further investment, it will just be a matter of time. I thought the frank statement on their website the other day was a precursor to board resignations but these have not happened yet. I think it's fair to say that if the board was replaced with the board of SLH PLC the administrators would have been called in by now.

However, what is interesting and "different" in their case from the basic borrower/lender analogy above is that there are serious question marks over the legitimacy of the funds lent to PFC. PFC was also under the ownership of the lender. Therefore several questions may, in time, be raised as to whether PFC was aware, should have been aware, or can be deemed to have been aware, as to the origin of the money and, if illegitimate, whether they were culpable in some way for receiving that money. But you can't really expect the FL to bypass the legal procedures and make a judgment on that; it is complicated and outside the remit of a sporting body.

If they are advanced money from the parachute payments then they certainly should receive a hefty points penalty as advancing money clearly conveys on them a sporting advantage.

The mistake their board has made has been in trying to remain "competitive" in the Championship. There is no objective reason why PFC should be a competitive force in the Championship. Far bigger clubs have spent time in League One; with their legacy issues hanging over them their prime objective should have been to cut costs to the bone, accept the sporting consequences and get the club on a stable footing. After all, with their legendary and massive support they would surely have no problem rising naturally out of League One, right?

If you borrow money from someone and they go bust it's not your fault. That's why, on the simplest level, they haven't got a points deduction. If you take out a loan from a bank and the bank goes under you wouldn't expect to be penalised.

However, they are clearly insolvent at the moment and their previous solvency was clearly entirely dependent on a line of credit which no longer exists. So, absent further investment, it will just be a matter of time. I thought the frank statement on their website the other day was a precursor to board resignations but these have not happened yet. I think it's fair to say that if the board was replaced with the board of SLH PLC the administrators would have been called in by now.

However, what is interesting and "different" in their case from the basic borrower/lender analogy above is that there are serious question marks over the legitimacy of the funds lent to PFC. PFC was also under the ownership of the lender. Therefore several questions may, in time, be raised as to whether PFC was aware, should have been aware, or can be deemed to have been aware, as to the origin of the money and, if illegitimate, whether they were culpable in some way for receiving that money. But you can't really expect the FL to bypass the legal procedures and make a judgment on that; it is complicated and outside the remit of a sporting body.

If they are advanced money from the parachute payments then they certainly should receive a hefty points penalty as advancing money clearly conveys on them a sporting advantage.

The mistake their board has made has been in trying to remain "competitive" in the Championship. There is no objective reason why PFC should be a competitive force in the Championship. Far bigger clubs have spent time in League One; with their legacy issues hanging over them their prime objective should have been to cut costs to the bone, accept the sporting consequences and get the club on a stable footing. After all, with their legendary and massive support they would surely have no problem rising naturally out of League One, right?

Absolutely spot on. Take note Ho!