Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I was wondering which of the high earners are going on this 10 day jaunt to Spain because surely they should be here finalising their exits as the cooling off period for Chanrai is up next Monday, 7 days time.

They also confirmed on Solent that NONE of the 'senior' players have gone to Spain.

Well...kids tickets are cheaper aren't they? :lol:

Gerald Vernon-Jackson said to Cleggie about liquidation...interesting. Also, the Council had Nottarf valued at £2.6M, not the £12M as in the company books...

Simon Gillett is on the plane.

Simon Gillett is on the plane.

If true it's time for more emails to the Football League, clear evidence of intent to outbid rivals with cash they haven't got.

Meanwhile the delusion about their 'greatest fans' is reaching new heights. Laughable stuff

I get confused, what with our weekend being Friday & Saturday and all that.

So, can someone remind me, was it last week or this week that 3 players were leaving?

That'll be last week. And the week before. And the week before that. How much have they shifted off the £20,000 a day wage I'll so far - can someone remind me?

sorry to be controversial but I've never really wanted them liquidated, I just wanted to see a decent punishment imposed for the blatant criminality and cheating.

If you'd asked me a while back when it looked like they could hang onto their Championship status, I'd have said I wanted to see them starting in League One with about -15.

Let's not forget that it wouldn't have required too much for us to be facing the nightmare scenario of starting in the same divison as them in a few weeks - that would've been grossly unfair.

So on that basis, we are not far off the punishment that I hoped to see.

If you add in the financial restrictions then perhaps we are there.

If anyone still thinks they've got away with it - they've plummeted through two divisions and are potless, plus our change in fortunes has just compounded the dwindling few's misery.

So for me justice has almost been done - all we need now is some sort of apology or admission of guilt and I'm happy, and from the way their fans were throwing coins and abuse out of the South Stand on our final visit to fortress fatpipes, I can see we are nearly there...

I have no wish to see them saved, I certainly won't shed tears if HMS Liquidation cruises quietly past the Round Tower, the damage has all been self-harm with full fan support.

But I see their current state as a pretty decent punishment, and the restrictions should halt any thoughts of a repeat.

Put me down for August 2nd. :)

For me their ill-gained Cup win also has to be expunged from the record books.

I get confused, what with our weekend being Friday & Saturday and all that.

So, can someone remind me, was it last week or this week that 3 players were leaving?

Come on Phil keep up its ALWAYS next week!

And they almost got rid of three. Two is the new three.

They way they do Maths in poorsmouth they probably think they did get rid of three!

Sweepstake entry.

They have taken the **** so often can I be really precise and go for 14:59 on 18th August 2012 - the "crowd" are in place, Bompey and the officials are waiting patiently to kick off, only then to realise that there is no opposition, and a plain white van is heading rapidly up the M275 with the takings from the turnstiles.

Izale McLeod, Brian Howard and Simon Gillett confirmed trialists - good players at L1 level

Players that some other League One teams couldn't hope to match their wage demands. I know that Pompey can't sign these players until the embargo is lifted but the very fact they are even contemplating doing so is deja vu of breathtaking proportions...

“I wanted to sort something out with Gilly but we’ve spoken to his agent and another club has been in. What they’re offering him is way out of our price range so he won’t be coming back to us I’m afraid."
Edited by trousers

Izale McLeod, Brian Howard and Simon Gillett confirmed trialists - good players at L1 level

Wonder if anyone has learnt how to do a cash flow forecast at Nottarf yet?

4,500 ST's sold wasn't it?

Cannot believe any of those 3 will want to play for less than 5k a week

Players that some other League One teams couldn't hope to match their wage demands. I know that Pompey can't sign these players until / if the embargo is lifted but the very fact they are contemplating doing so is deja vu of breathtaking proportions.

Alternatively from Gillet & Howard's point of view, they may be called trialists, they may be free agents, but at least this way they personally at least get a pre-season with a football club rather than working on their own. Might help them find a proper club to sign for later on

Alternatively from Gillet & Howard's point of view, they may be called trialists, they may be free agents, but at least this way they personally at least get a pre-season with a football club rather than working on their own. Might help them find a proper club to sign for later on

I thought Doncaster wanted to keep gillet.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/mcleod-set-to-be-among-eight-pompey-triallists-1-4059700

'We have got to thank the triallists. They are being patient with us in a way and want to go and play for a fantastic club and this is what it is.

‘But, at the end of the day, they have come here, they are training, they are fighting for their lives because they want a career.

‘If they can impress along the way then there will be something there for them.’

Linvoy for England

9:55 AM on 16/07/2012

When are we able to sign players again?? Mokoena and Mullins have left so surely we can bring at least 1 in? Or are the FL waiting until the wage bill is at a certain level before we can sign anyone?

:facepalm:

Edited by trousers

Quite right- they did, but were significantly outbid by 'another football club' who's offer they coudn't hope to match: same old skate tactics - gazump other clubs for the best players and don't worry too much about how they'll be paid

If it wasn't them I wouldn't beleive that any club could do this again

:facepalm:

On the flip side, it does make me smile to see them giving a trial to someone we decided wasn't good enough for us in League One :lol:

I wonder if anyone else released at the same time might turn up down there? That list of legends reads:

• Lloyd James

• Simon Gillett

• Oliver Lancashire

• Chris Perry

• Wayne Thomas

• Graeme Murty

• Jamie White

• Michael Poke

• Jon Otsemobor

• Jake Thomson

• Kayne McLaggon

• Tom Dunford

• Jack Boyle

On the flip side, it does make me smile to see them giving a trial to someone we decided wasn't good enough for us in League One :lol:

I wonder if anyone else released at the same time might turn up down there? That list of legends reads:

• Lloyd James

• Simon Gillett

• Oliver Lancashire

• Chris Perry

• Wayne Thomas

• Graeme Murty

• Jamie White

• Michael Poke

• Jon Otsemobor

• Jake Thomson

• Kayne McLaggon

• Tom Dunford

• Jack Boyle

Gillett went on to do a good job in the Championship. He'd be a great signing for the Skates, once again at prices they can't afford.

@pn_neil_allen: Just landed in Malaga. Can confirm Izale McLeod and Simon Gillett among #Pompey touring party. More info on other triallists in a bit.

It's a yummy slice of humble pie for me then! I just couldn't believe that, after what's just happened, they've effectively outbid another League One club for Gillett's services. But then again, I suppose it should come as no surprise. OK, so Gillett will cost a lot less than some of their existing senior players, but how the hell can they make any offers at present, let alone ones which a club like Doncaster can't match?

Originally Posted by Doncaster Rovers Manager Dean Saunders

“I wanted to sort something out with Gilly but we’ve spoken to his agent and another club has been in. What they’re offering him is way out of our price range so he won’t be coming back to us I’m afraid."

Players that some other League One teams couldn't hope to match their wage demands. I know that Pompey can't sign these players until the embargo is lifted but the very fact they are even contemplating doing so is deja vu of breathtaking proportions...

This is precisely why they need to be put down. They just won't learn. Get the green screens out and call the bloke with the Big Gun. C'mon Trev, do football and the wider business community a favour. Kill the bastards today.

Going away on a "break" .... good way of keeping your fitness level up

Then look around for a real Club

The same Doncaster who had Diouf and Habib playing most of last season yet only paid £2k per week for both?

I think they key word in that sentence is PAID.

Something which your disgusting club has yet to do to ANY creditors, and probably 75% of the player's [salary wise] since April this year.

People in glass houses....

The same Doncaster who had Diouf and Habib playing most of last season yet only paid £2k per week for both?

I think this says it all about your fans views on cheating!

nagoyablue

8:43 AM on 16/07/2012

denmedeblue, Doncaster players were on about 1000 a week in the championship, and that will be reduced in League 1. We had an average attendance of 15,000 last season, to Donny's 9000. I expect the gap to be bigger this season.

So we can easily outbid Donny without breaking the bank. Or the wage structure of league 1. In fact, with the average attendance of most clubs in league 1 less than 7000, and an average wage 0f 1,500 a week, we could outbid most clubs but remain within a break even budget.

Quite right- they did, but were significantly outbid by 'another football club' who's offer they coudn't hope to match: same old skate tactics - gazump other clubs for the best players and don't worry too much about how they'll be paid

I want to start a new sweepstake - what date for the Skates next administration, when they pay 2% of the 2% of the 20% of the first one.

The analogy some-one posted about giving an alcoholic a new liver and he immediately goes out on the lash is a good one. They are mental on that island and anyone who moves in gets infected by the swamp-gas. They are so far up sh1t-creek and yet all they do is plan to outbid all their rivals AGAIN. They have to be destoyed because they are incapable of learning how to behave properly.

nagoyablue

denmedeblue, Doncaster players were on about 1000 a week in the championship, and that will be reduced in League 1. We had an average attendance of 15,000 last season, to Donny's 9000. I expect the gap to be bigger this season.

So we can easily outbid Donny without breaking the bank. Or the wage structure of league 1. In fact, with the average attendance of most clubs in league 1 less than 7000, and an average wage 0f 1,500 a week, we could outbid most clubs but remain within a break even budget.

But Doncaster haven't reneged on £150million of debt, have they? Unbelievable.

nagoyablue

[video=youtube_share;vUi1PdYn5nk]

From the Snooze:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-leave-senior-players-behind-1-4059704

"adenuff , tell me why should you be ashamed if you are a supporter you have done nothing to be ashamed off . the players have done nothing to be ashamed of only a succession of dubious opwners and some ceo,s and managers . but not of them feel ashamed so why should you i guess if you lose all faith in your club then maybe you should be ashamed of that .....but then that is not the way of pompey supporters is it ????"

Says it all.

Perfect timing!

But, more importantly in that clip....how on earth are they funding the re-laying of the pitch?!

The only rational explanation is that they are exploiting a little-known anomaly in the fabric of spacetime that allows them to spend some of the millions they are going to make once they have returned to the Premier League