Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Players are not moved on.

TB & team not trying to move the players.

That makes Chinny walk, Pompey Fans Trust can make an offer the next day and THEN the players can decide to walk "In the interests of the sport"...

In other words.

I smell Chinny being stitched up. I may be wrong but it fits

I've been mulling over the same theory....it does fit the current situation quite nicely doesn't it? I've even stretched my imagination to suspect that other parties might be 'in on it' too... The FL? HMRC? Local politicians? Local media? The players themselves? The potential colluders list is almost endless...

Chainrai is the only secured creditor. He only had to make an offer to settle the unsecured creditors. The Trust will have to make an offer to settle the secured and the unsecured credtiors. I think.

It will get very messy, and won't end well, if they try that.

My money's still on liquidation, with Chainrai getting the ground, the players getting the PPs and the Trust getting everything else to start up their Phoenix.

I've been mulling over the same theory....it does fit the current situation quite nicely doesn't it? I've even stretched my imagination to suspect that other parties might be 'in on it' too... The FL? HMRC? Local politicians? Local media? The players themselves? The potential colluders list is almost endless...

But doesn't chin y still own the ground. What happens if he decides to 'take his ball away'?

But doesn't chin y still own the ground. What happens if he decides to 'take his ball away'?

Did Birch ever unearth the documentary proof that Chainrai had legally secured his loan against the ground? (I'm going back to February time now where Birch called into question the potential legality of Chainrai's claim). Maybe Birch still has an ace up his sleeve for when Chainrai decides to throw in the towel....?

He has a fixed and floating charge on all PFC assets. Going by Trevors creditors list Chinny has everything secured against his 'loan', even computer equipment...

The floating aspect of the charge means Chinny can sieze all assets the very second PFC default. He could do it now, next minute, or in a weeks time...

So going on Trousers collusion theory, they could well be trying to screw Chinny... but they must not under-estimate this man.

He is a viscious loan shark and a big time gambler... The FL may think theyve got him but Chinny holds all the cards when it comes to everything pompey own, and that has been verified in court once or twice too. Everything.

1326611480.jpg

My position is secured, I will get my money back

God Bless Russian-Franco-Chinese business disputes in Israel

There is only one way the FL, HMRC, PST et al can shake the good man chainrai, and its clear for all to see:

logo53951.gif

Moneyfieldsclub.jpg

Did Birch ever unearth the documentary proof that Chainrai had legally secured his loan against the ground? (I'm going back to February time now where Birch called into question the potential legality of Chainrai's claim). Maybe Birch still has an ace up his sleeve for when Chainrai decides to throw in the towel....?

A PST committee member confirmed that Birch didn't pursue it.

He is a viscious loan shark and a big time gambler... The FL may think theyve got him but Chinny holds all the cards when it comes to everything pompey own, and that has been verified in court once or twice too. Everything.

A very telling remark, this. BC, not the Football League, will ultimately decide PFC's fate.

So going on Trousers collusion theory, they could well be trying to screw Chinny...

I can't allow you to whisk the credit for initially posting this theory from under Mr DP's feet. Credit where credit's due (unless you happen to be Pompey of course - steer well clear of giving them credit of any shape or form....)

He has a fixed and floating charge on all PFC assets. Going by Trevors creditors list Chinny has everything secured against his 'loan', even computer equipment...

The floating aspect of the charge means Chinny can sieze all assets the very second PFC default. He could do it now, next minute, or in a weeks time...

So going on Trousers collusion theory, they could well be trying to screw Chinny... but they must not under-estimate this man.

1326611480.jpg

God Bless Russian-Franco-Chinese business disputes in Israel

There is only one way the FL, HMRC, PST et al can shake the good man chainrai, and its clear for all to see:

logo53951.gif

Moneyfieldsclub.jpg

You forgot that from the moment the club went into Administration Chainrai lost the sezure option. All assets are protected in Administration. If the Trust offer to buy the assets for a reasonable sum, say £5m Birch will go to court and get it approved. That is all Chainrai will get.

He has no power unless he buys the club on the terms he suggested (muddied now by the FL's requirements

You forgot that from the moment the club went into Administration Chainrai lost the sezure option. All assets are protected in Administration. If the Trust offer to buy the assets for a reasonable sum, say £5m Birch will go to court and get it approved. That is all Chainrai will get.

He has no power unless he buys the club on the terms he suggested (muddied now by the FL's requirements

Muddied it may be.

BUT, his CVA "Conditional Offer" may come back and bite him in the bum.

My offer is 500k subject to all the players being sold.

TB on day 28. Oh well, the players aren't sold, hard luck your CVA is invalid so a new one gives you Ownership of Nottarf Krap and a rental income of 50 quid a year forever. PST now own the football club.

Oh and look all the earners just left.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey Marko Futacs joins Leicester with #Pompey receiving compensation: http://tinyurl.com/c9tugna

The 22-year-old Hungarian striker was out of contract at Fratton Park, but Pompey will receive compensation from the Foxes because he is under the age of 24 and was offered a new deal.

Does this mean you can offer an under 24 year old player a 'derisory' deal, that he's bound to turn down, as a way of securing compensation? (of course, I'm not for one minute suggesting that Pompey engineered such a situation....just being hypothitcal....obviously)

Edited by trousers

Muddied it may be.

BUT, his CVA "Conditional Offer" may come back and bite him in the bum.

My offer is 500k subject to all the players being sold.

TB on day 28. Oh well, the players aren't sold, hard luck your CVA is invalid so a new one gives you Ownership of Nottarf Krap and a rental income of 50 quid a year forever. PST now own the football club.

Oh and look all the earners just left.

businessman-ace-up-his-sleeve.jpg

The Trust haven't got anywhere near £5m. Don't ignore all those throwaway "Mr. Chainrai will work with other purchaser(s) for the benefit of the club" comments that keep popping up in interviews from time to time.

The Trust needed to do a "never-never" deal with Chainrai on the secured debt, and the FL scuppered that.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey Marko Futacs joins Leicester with #Pompey receiving compensation: http://tinyurl.com/c9tugna

Does this mean you can offer an under 24 year old player a 'derisory' deal, that he's bound to turn down, as a way of securing compensation? (of course, I'm not for one minute suggesting that Pompey engineered such a situation....just being hypothitcal....obviously)

The deal offered has to be of equivalent or greater value to the existing contract.

The deal offered has to be of equivalent or greater value to the existing contract.

Ah, ok - cheers. Bang goes another Trousers conspiracy theory....

Don't be too quick to dismiss the theory mr Trousers.

At least in Pompey's case, making an offer equivalent to the existing contract is almost the same as offering a derisory contract, as either way the player knows he isn't going to get any cash!

There is a 28 day period after a CVA vote for creditors to object (either on a procedural issue or claiming that the CVA is manifestly unfair).

Anybody pottentiall putting money into the company (Chinny in this case) will want this period to expire before then pay anything over.

But after the 28 days is up, what then? Must chainrai go ahead with his offer (if his conditions have been met) , or can he withdraw, or can he just wait for as long as he likes before doing anything definite?

But after the 28 days is up, what then? Must chainrai go ahead with his offer (if his conditions have been met) , or can he withdraw, or can he just wait for as long as he likes before doing anything definite?

If/when they enter a stalemate situation (if they're not at that stage already), I'm assuming the 'key' date becomes the moment that PKF become exposed to debt that the liquidation proceeds wouldn't cover, at whcih point Birch will be duty bound to pull the plug. I've no idea how far down the road that last gasp moment is though. Days? Weeks? Months?

If/when they enter a stalemate situation (if they're not at that stage already), I'm assuming the 'key' date becomes the moment that PKF become exposed to debt that the liquidation proceeds wouldn't cover, at whcih point Birch will be duty bound to pull the plug. I've no idea how far down the road that last gasp moment is though. Days? Weeks? Months?

Exciting isn't it

I would imagine he would go ahead with his offer if his conditions are met, however the FL has imposed some new conditions so he can opt out if he considers it's no longer beneficial for him to proceed. Any new offer would have to be approved by the unsecured creditors. If he waits (even for his conditions to be met), it's a question of when the money runs out.

I would imagine he would go ahead with his offer if his conditions are met, however the FL has imposed some new conditions so he can opt out if he considers it's no longer beneficial for him to proceed. Any new offer would have to be approved by the unsecured creditors. If he waits (even for his conditions to be met), it's a question of when the money runs out.

I thought the money was supposed to run out at the end of May. This is so disappointing. I believed Birch when he announced that - trusted him completely.

Yes but he's under 24 ,so if PFC offer him a contract extension and he goes elswhere they are entitled to compensation - either agreed between the clubs or at tribunal

That's certainly true if he had come through their academy system.

Does it still apply for someone who hasn't been there a year and wasn't paid for about half of that. :D

OK, simple question to ponder:

Why would Chinny complete his purchase if he has to relinquish a large part of his secured debt?

He would not.

Chinny keeps the ground. Charges 500k per annum to PST Newco on a 99year lease with increases on promotion(s) (haha) but no reductions on relegation. (He would still build Tesco's if PSTnewcofolds)

PSTNewco offer 100k to the CVA fund.

Chinny books 49mil value of the lease (that he can then sell or leverage)

PST get the club for a peanut and bingo, no debt is loaded onto PSTnewco

Simples

He would not.

Chinny keeps the ground. Charges 500k per annum to PST Newco on a 99year lease with increases on promotion(s) (haha) but no reductions on relegation. (He would still build Tesco's if PSTnewcofolds)

PSTNewco offer 100k to the CVA fund.

Chinny books 49mil value of the lease (that he can then sell or leverage)

PST get the club for a peanut and bingo, no debt is loaded onto PSTnewco

Simples

Stop, I cant take any more!

What a beautiful scenario , almost as pretty as Moneyfields when the train whizzes past the goal.

Its one of those picture this moments, Chainrai in the driving seat for the next two generations.

laughuntilcry.jpg

He waits… That’s what he does… And I’ll tell you what; tick followed tock followed tick followed tock followed tick’

“I don’t care who you are, here’s to your dream”. The old sailors return to the bar.’

“Here’s to you, Ahab” and the phat drummer hit the beat with all his heart’

Here's to waiting.....

That's certainly true if he had come through their academy system.

Does it still apply for someone who hasn't been there a year and wasn't paid for about half of that. :D

My thoughts entirely. The compensation scheme exists to protect clubs who have spent money on bringing academy players through the ranks. I smell yet another 'bending the rules' rat with this one.

My thoughts entirely. The compensation scheme exists to protect clubs who have spent money on bringing academy players through the ranks. I smell yet another 'bending the rules' rat with this one.

The sum was'nominal' - maybe £20k, might be £20, but not more than what TBH will earn this week. And for one of the two players he wanted to keep.

Question re: the 28 day cooling off period. Once that has elapsed (Monday) then aren't the creditors bound to the terms of Chinny's CVA at that point? And any rival bid could only then be presented should the first CVA fail (due to the failure of the conditions)?

If that's the case, it means the PST have to get their bid and CVA proposals out on the table, and voted on, before Monday, with the only other option to be waiting for Chinny's to fail?

It is quite cold and very foggy here this morning and I am off to work outside in a few minutes so I look

forward to catching up later.

You want to catch up with the UK? Don't worry it will soon be raining there as well

Just remember the key words from about 100 pages ago. Chiiny's offered 500k to the creditors. It is CONDITIONAL on the high earners leaving. After 28 days cooling off period he has to

Stump up the 500k or walk away.

His ORIGINAL offer to TB was that he would ONLY make an offer IF he had exclusivity (ie only him) The Creditors meeting broke up for 30 mins and he said he would NOT be exclusive, meaning ANYONE could come in with a different or better OR unconditional bid within the 28 days.