Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Trousers you cynic, the poor bloke has explained it.

He's joined as 'a coach', not a player.

And as we all know, the best way to coach young defenders is not during training but by playing alongside them.

You must remember Alex Ferguson's great games in midfield when Beckham was coming through, and even closer to home, if Kelv gets injured, I'll be disappointed if we don't start one or two games this season with Nige playing in the back four so he can to chat to Forecast. :scared:

You nutjobs always assume the worst, in fact you've all become so confused you're even writing anonymous letters to yourselves, and replying with indignation.

Anyway, it's not that they've sneaked a player in under radar, or paid out more wages they haven't got.

I'm sure this guy isn't costing them a penny, he'll have come in under the Tent and Rodent policy.

And he just finds it difficult to shout from the bench, so he likes to put a shirt and boots on and stand near them on the pitch - you're picking on a poor bloke because he suffers with a sensitive larynx. :?

Though there is the school of thought that says, if it looks like a player, dresses like a player and runs around the pitch after the ball, the chances are, it is a player.

I wonder if we'll move quickly to, we only registered him to play for emergencies but he's been a revelation, he's winning all the sprint competitions in training and we have an injury crisis so he's going to play 40 games.

If this gets through, look out for a rash of new recruitment in the ticket office, reception and admin parts of PFCNewco2010...

"Oh no, I'm just here for the great opportunity of filing paperwork in the shredder...", said the latest recruit, as he pulled on his boots and picked up his suitcase full of this week's pay... "i just registered as a player to help the lads out cos they were short of numbers"

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/new-pompey-coach-has-boots-at-the-ready-1-4076488

I don't recall the Football League giving Pompey permission to sign a player-coach...In fact, didn't the FL block Pompey employing him as just a coach last week, let alone a player-coach

(yes, I know these are only friendlies and the usual rules probably don't apply...as if they ever do at PFC)

First how on Earth can Birch justify that ? second who is paying the extra money that will be needed ? third what will the unpaid creditors think ?

I know it will only be us worried for the creditors as PFC don't ever appear to.

First how on Earth can Birch justify that ? second who is paying the extra money that will be needed ? third what will the unpaid creditors think ?

I know it will only be us worried for the creditors as PFC don't ever appear to.

I don't think he needs to. I think rb hit the nail on the head:

he'll have come in under the Tent and Rodent policy

34582_106609642724935_100001276988812_49248_1410538_n_normal.jpg Sj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell One can only hope new owners will rescind this ticketing nonsense #Pompeyhttp://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Ticket-Booking-Policy-201213-3539.aspx

Isn't this typical Pompey fan mentality? Ye olde 'something for nothing' business acumen?

If a football club is to be run as a sustainable and self-funding business, surely the club should cover costs appropriately. Adding a non-profit making booking fee to ticket purchases to cover the transaction acquiring costs is the most transparent way of covering such costs, isn't it? Or am I missing something obvious here?

34582_106609642724935_100001276988812_49248_1410538_n_normal.jpg Sj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell One can only hope new owners will rescind this ticketing nonsense #Pompeyhttp://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Ticket-Booking-Policy-201213-3539.aspx

Isn't this typical Pompey fan mentality? Ye olde 'something for nothing' business acumen?

If a football club is to be run as a sustainable and self-funding business, surely the club should cover costs appropriately. Adding a non-profit making booking fee to ticket purchases to cover the transaction acquiring costs is the most transparent way of covering such costs, isn't it? Or am I missing something obvious here?

The club absolutely should add the costs that it has to carry from third party sellers, postage, etc

(Not that our supporters accept that willingly though!)

The club absolutely should add the costs that it has to carry from third party sellers, postage, etc

(Not that our supporters accept that willingly though!)

Agreed.

However, why not just state that the ticket price is eg £25.00 and this includes all additional charges such as postage etc etc.

My guess though, is that Pompey already budgeted for these costs in the original price and have now decided to add them on as well :D

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/new-pompey-coach-has-boots-at-the-ready-1-4076488

I don't recall the Football League giving Pompey permission to sign a player-coach...In fact, didn't the FL block Pompey employing him as just a coach last week, let alone a player-coach

(yes, I know these are only friendlies and the usual rules probably don't apply...as if they ever do at PFC)

Rate:

Harry Stotle

8:38 AM on 20/07/2012

A player by the back-door. Clever stuff Appy.

Now we just need to sign up another 12 'coaches'.

You have to larf!!

For those who fancy watching a good comedy show tonight....

http://www.rockstream.tv/channels/sports/

RockStream.tv is proud to LIVE stream the GFA vs Portsmouth friendly from Victoria Stadium at 8pm CET on the 20th July.

After the recent victory in the International Jubilee Shield, the GFA will be looking to continue their form over a strong Portsmouth FC squad. The best of luck from the RockStream.tv team!

:lol:

https://www.facebook.com/RockStream.tv

https://twitter.com/RockStreamTv

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/588470101?-11209

So Sheffieled have never made an enquiry over Kitson, so thats another one not going anywhere quick,

"Portsmouth will start the new campaign on minus 10 points due to their financial problems.

But the Football League has informed potential investors they are guaranteed membership next term."

Ha Ha Only if they meet some very stringent conditions that the writer has forgotten to mention.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-begin-points-loss-fight-1-4076351

That will add another couple of weeks to the fees.

Just imagine if had liquidated on his first day. Between then and now, the wages and his fees must be huge.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the total 'burn rate' figure for the last 6 months versus the overall figure the creditors have been offered this time around.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the total 'burn rate' figure for the last 6 months versus the overall figure the creditors have been offered this time around.

Wages, including defferals will be in the region of £5M, plus Admin costs of say £1M, plus assorted utility and other bulls, say £1.5M.

Total £7.5M or 15 times what the creditors have been offered.

48 year old Doncaster Rovers manager Dean Saunders played and scored in a friendly last week...

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/match-report-cleethorpes-town-2-doncaster-rovers-4-1-4742431

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/midfielder-gives-pompey-deadline-to-sign-him-1-4076349

Howard said: ‘Ideally, I would like to sort out my future as soon as possible.

‘That said, there is still a lot to think about with a lot of negotiations going on in different places.

‘August 1 is my deadline, really. I would like to be signed and delivered somewhere.

‘There are a few things on the table and a lot of things for me to think about – but if something could be done here then that definitely would be an option I would seriously consider.

‘It’s also important I go to a club to play the right football, in a right way. I want a club looking to move forward rather than a club just cutting their budget and hoping to survive.

‘Me and the gaffer said we would be honest with each other all the way along since I came in here.

‘I am sure if there was an opportunity to do something he would tell me, and if I decide that it is too long and I can’t hold on anymore I will be totally be honest with him.’

Anyone spot the flaw in Howard's thinking...?

Edited by trousers

How will they know when they've reached 75%.....?

It's the perfect question, although the blue few won't have a clue what you are on about, but obviously shows the contridiction to the statement on their web site yesterday.

I think Hatch might have been right yesterday. This could be the beginning of the end. I always thought that they would scrape through with Chinny at the helm, but now I am not so sure.

Expect a news story soon to say something like "All responses we have had so far have been overwhelmingly in favour" without giving any indication of what sort of percent of the total that represents.

"Portsmouth will start the new campaign on minus 10 points due to their financial problems.

But the Football League has informed potential investors they are guaranteed membership next term."

Ha Ha Only if they meet some very stringent conditions that the writer has forgotten to mention.

I presume that this claim that the FL have guaranteed that the Skates will have membership next year is quoted from the source at the Star comic?

Membership of what? The third division? A lower division?

But as you say, S in P, that golden share is conditional on them meeting certain criteria set by the FL. So wording it that the membership is "guaranteed" is rather disingenuous.

But hey, it is the Star. Best ignored as rubbish reporting, as usual.

Anyone spot the flaw in Howard's thinking...?

Trousers, you missed a bit... I don't think Appy informed Howard of the FLs views on budget constraints!

Howard said: ‘Ideally, I would like to sort out my future as soon as possible.

‘That said, there is still a lot to think about with a lot of negotiations going on in different places.

‘August 1 is my deadline, really. I would like to be signed and delivered somewhere.

‘There are a few things on the table and a lot of things for me to think about – but if something could be done here then that definitely would be an option I would seriously consider.

‘It’s also important I go to a club to play the right football, in a right way. I want a club looking to move forward rather than a club just cutting their budget and hoping to survive.

Me and the gaffer said we would be honest with each other all the way along since I came in here.

‘I am sure if there was an opportunity to do something he would tell me, and if I decide that it is too long and I can’t hold on anymore I will be totally be honest with him.’

West Ham fan give his view on their forum;

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: left]Moore_hurst Posted on 20/07/2012 10:56

A sick dog[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: right]

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: right] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, colspan: 2, align: left]Appleton_out....

I don't know why you are so bitter, I can only assume that you applauded and enjoyed your club winning the fa cup with players that caused this problem. If you hadn't bought the defoes, James's, Diarras, muntaris you wouldn't have won the cup and you wouldnt be about to go extinct owing millions, so stop whining act like an adult and accept that if you applauded winning the facup and the days in the sunshine you have to also accept this mess and ultimately Appleton, you are also to blame.

Oh and can I just say, to see people on here slagging off kanu, the man of the match on your biggest day in recent history is extraordinarily two faced.

Regarding Henderson, let's see if he's better than green, I do hope so!

Oh and a final word, avram grant, what a talentless lump of anal wart that exemplifies everything that is bad in the world. Quite possibly the worst manager ever to grace the world of football. How that scumbag can look at himself is beyond me[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Brian Howard....pleeeeeeese......You know full well Pompey have NO money and not even the chance of putting out a side to beat Sholing..:p

What the hell is all this bull:rolleyes:

Entered into the Pompey way already;)

Free holiday in the sunshiiiiiine me thinks!.......nothing more.

I must have misunderstood.

I thought the Football League said in essence, you can have your Golden Share in our private club under conditions, one of them being that you accept a points penalty without appeal.

If Mr Birch has just said they are going to appeal it then he is declining their offer of the Golden Share.

So, whoops, there goes the future! - wave goodbye to the football league, shut the door on your way out.

Or is he just spinning more meaningless drivel to the dim-witted, especially as he seems to have missed the deadline for a standard appeal anyway.

I seem to recall AA going through a similar fantasy appeal process over the European place.

He too missed the deadline but was adamant that he would overturn it.

We've been here before - grand posturing and gobby claims shouted from rooftops, followed by meek surrender to the inevitable.

I'd hope for humanity's sake that the majority of the few see right through this ridiculous claim and file it with the rest of the plucky rubbish that regularly spurts out of fortress fatpipe.

As for Howard etc - a free training camp in the sun to get you fit for another club - what is there not to like about that offer?!:)

West Ham fan give his view on their forum;

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: left]Moore_hurst Posted on 20/07/2012 10:56

A sick dog[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: right]

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, align: right] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #e7eaef, colspan: 2, align: left]Appleton_out....

I don't know why you are so bitter, I can only assume that you applauded and enjoyed your club winning the fa cup with players that caused this problem. If you hadn't bought the defoes, James's, Diarras, muntaris you wouldn't have won the cup and you wouldnt be about to go extinct owing millions, so stop whining act like an adult and accept that if you applauded winning the facup and the days in the sunshine you have to also accept this mess and ultimately Appleton, you are also to blame.

Oh and can I just say, to see people on here slagging off kanu, the man of the match on your biggest day in recent history is extraordinarily two faced.

Regarding Henderson, let's see if he's better than green, I do hope so!

Oh and a final word, avram grant, what a talentless lump of anal wart that exemplifies everything that is bad in the world. Quite possibly the worst manager ever to grace the world of football. How that scumbag can look at himself is beyond me[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

You know what, I may never have met this person, but I can already tell he is a sensible person.

I must have misunderstood.

I thought the Football League said in essence, you can have your Golden Share in our private club under conditions, one of them being that you accept a points penalty without appeal.

If Mr Birch has just said they are going to appeal it then he is declining their offer of the Golden Share.

So, whoops, there goes the future! - wave goodbye to the football league, shut the door on your way out.

Or is he just spinning more meaningless drivel to the dim-witted, especially as he seems to have missed the deadline for a standard appeal anyway.

I seem to recall AA going through a similar fantasy appeal process over the European place.

He too missed the deadline but was adamant that he would overturn it.

We've been here before - grand posturing and gobby claims shouted from rooftops, followed by meek surrender to the inevitable.

I'd hope for humanity's sake that the majority of the few see right through this ridiculous claim and file it with the rest of the plucky rubbish that regularly spurts out of fortress fatpipe.

As for Howard etc - a free training camp in the sun to get you fit for another club - what is there not to like about that offer?!:)

Right, they do seem to have an extended and consistent record of posturing and shouting the odds, before caving in without further comment.

I can't help wondering what they hope to gain from this strategy? Perhaps they think its a case of 'There is no such thing as bad publicity', which of course was how Phineas T. Barnum (19th century American showman and circus owner) justified many of his less salubrious exploits. Not sure it works so well in the modern world though

Royals boss confirms keeper loan move to Pompey

Reading keeper Mikkel Andersen is set to join Pompey on loan.

The highly-regarded Danish talent has been earmarked to link up with the Blues.

Royals boss Brian McDermott confirmed he has given the green light for the 23-year-old to move to Fratton Park.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/royals-boss-confirms-keeper-loan-move-to-pompey-1-4076482

Actual quote from McDermott:

We’ve possibly got a deal with Portsmouth for Mikkel to go there on loan.

Sounds like a done deal to me :facepalm:

Take a long slow look - each individual and business amount owed from CVA ONE ONLY

Disgrace that they lord over new signings, Spanish holidays, "community club status" and bring in another player "coach" when some of these amounts could be paid off - but whilst knowingly in debt to these people , they still choose to pay 20k a week to the quality over quantity policy , knowing they are each of these people will only get 20p - now down to 2p - PFC begging these people to accept 2p so they can ponce about in park kicking a ball - utter disgrace of a club

List of unsecured trade creditors

Amount (£)

5 ,928.43

2 ,904.39

4 ,312.50

2 ,000.00

4 ,789.52

6 ,010.22

8 10.00

1 ,400.0

3 ,970.21

1 ,271.25

2 ,989.02

1 ,035.00

3 ,468.26

1 ,093.38

44 .26

4 ,594.25

5 ,928.43

1 ,627.59

1 ,335.68

1 ,545.60

1 ,039.33

3 ,105.00

6 ,018.82

3 ,259.96

1 ,400.00

8 ,042.57

6 ,082.17

1 ,130.25

2 ,000.00

5 ,928.43

4 ,186.00

8 ,759.34

1 ,585.86

2 ,529.78

3 ,233.60

1 ,998.00

6 ,147.00

6 ,554.38

5 ,625.00

2 ,403.50

4 ,035.25

1 ,725.00

6 ,756.25

2 ,799.14

1 ,173.83

7 ,500.00

5 ,928.43

4 ,700.00

1 ,725.00

1 ,814.70

6 ,079.20

4 ,226.25

1 ,628.07

3 ,583.75

5 ,500.83

6 ,348.00

1 ,500.00

8 ,777.40

7 ,227.28

2 ,287.50

1 ,610.00

6 ,285.21

8 ,301.36

3 ,358.94

3 ,290.08

5 ,928.43

1 ,196.00

4 ,648.08

2 ,035.51

1 ,077.39

4 .34

2 ,089.31

7 ,556.25

5 ,385.10

3 ,717.94

7 ,636.00

3 ,450.00

5 ,928.43

5 ,643.05

8 ,276.09

3 ,818.00

1 ,897.50

3 ,870.91

2 ,677.16

2 ,166.21

4 ,620.53

1 ,234.03

1 ,802.69

2 ,807.05

1 ,296.35

6 ,680.35

9 ,761.17

2 ,036.11

1 ,051.99

1 ,096.00

2 ,955.00

5 ,928.43

2 ,708.70

4 ,281.92

5 ,030.00

1 ,884.78

3 ,676.26

3 ,257.16

1 ,092.50

3 17.11

7 56.78

4 00.00

3 18.00

1 ,000.00

1 50.66

2 31.00

4 62.00

5 ,671.41

6 97.00

9 94.90

9 1.43

2 ,659.38

5 ,190.11

5 ,928.43

4 ,818.82

l 2 ,673.40

1 ,959.53

9 ,500.07

2 ,701.91

6 ,660.00

1 ,982.50

1 ,505.84

6 ,138

7 ,468.20

4 ,691.39

2 ,300.00

5 ,928.43

1 ,828.75

9 ,729.00

1 ,523.75

1 ,023.50

4 ,386.50

2 31.00

1 ,990.00

1 ,725.00

1 ,494.00

1 ,637.09

3 ,375.97

I presume that this is the 'Premiership goalkeeper' that they've been on about for a while ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkel_Andersen

Seems he is 'Premiership' in the same way as Tommy Fourpast, in that he belongs to a side which is currently in the PL but nothing else, no appearances etc.....

Good luck Mikkel, I'm sure that you'll feel right at home down there in Pikey Paradise !!

Its actually worse than you have shown it Qwerty. They are not having their 20p reduced to 2p in the pound. They are having 2p of their 20p, which equates to 0.4p.

If you were owed a million before you would have got 200k.... that 200k, is now 4 grand.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=439758

From a high level, it seems like they get it..... Except it's not he clubs fault :) :)

I'm sure I've read that letter before ;) ;)

Superb! Not sure how it managed to get itself on facebook, I went to the FL and TSW, nowhere else... nice how my illustration is highlighting the disgrace...

whats more disgraceful is all those skate c*nts' comments beneath:

What a self-pitying *****. I'm glad his business failed.

btw if the blokes business failed because of a 3k debt, then it was a crap business

Must admit, my first thought was "£3K and his business folds?".

As Flag said - crap business.

Freelance photography isn't a business either, it's just a ***** with a camera. It's hardly PFC's fault if nobody wants to buy his crap photos.

If thats thier attitude then they really do deserve to be shut down. What a shocking and sickening bunch they can be, I guess that is what happens when all dignity goes out the window.

@pn_neil_allen: Trevor Birch says #Pompey will be liquidated before season starts unless the 8 senior players lower their money demands. More soon.

What is the on about? These arent demands, these are contractual obligations due from pompey... its no different from my phone bill, I may be a bit hard up around Xmas time, can I just say Orange have to lower their money demands?

No, thats right, I cant.

Trevor mate, stop bleating and wind them up, like you should have done in April.

@pn_neil_allen: Trevor Birch says #Pompey will be liquidated before season starts unless the 8 senior players lower their money demands. More soon.

:)

Tick tock, tick tock said the liquidation clock :D

Can't see TBH or Kanu reducing their claims, nor the other senior players that have been left to rot instead of going on a nice jolly to Spain with the children / trialists.

Liquidation it is then :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})