Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-pleads-with-players-not-to-let-pompey-die-1-4082330

appy's taken to begging.

Last week, the news was still stating they would get all of their defferal money, but over a period of time.

The Mullins bit proves what we all knew, that isn't the case.

Part of the problem is that it was birch who asked them to take the deferals in the first and probably safe to assume, he assured them they would get it back when everything was sorted.

From POL;

Frattoniser said: ↑

Anyone on here care to swap our FA Cup and UEFA Cup exploits for survival?

no

Funnily enough no. Supporting Pompey has always been an adventure and not just a question of existing like some teams. The FA Cup stuff was fantastic and l wouldn't give it up for anything. I don't see liquidation as the end, just a transition to a new part of the adventure. I am actually excited at the prospect of us continuing as a non-league club and seeing where that takes us. It will still be the team representing Portsmouth because it's always been about the supporters, most of who will remain the same. My only concern would be if we cannot continue at Fratton Park. That is the key for me.

Nope

:scared:

Part of the problem is that it was birch who asked them to take the deferals in the first and probably safe to assume' date=' he assured them they would get it back when everything was sorted. [/quote']

Um...you mean from the parachute payments, as I'm sure the administrators won't pay? Did he tell them that said PPs might come to them via the PFA or direct from the FA and not via a non-existant club? If I were a player I certainly wouldn't rely on any Pompey CVA, would you?

Fine. If they feel that way, let them have it. One cheated FA Cup with players most don't recall playing for PFC, didn't give a toss about the club, took huge sums of money then fcked off to let them rot. If that's the best of the memories they have, and are happy to let their club die for it, then so be it. Hardly even good support though is it, let alone the bestest.

It's actually unreal... a sizeable percentage actually wouldn't swap it.

Retards.

I admire your sentiments, I really do. If Pompey are liquidated it will be the end of a life long romance for me. Pompey have been food and drink to me for 57 years, since I was 12 y.o, god has it been that long?. I am too old to start again, to wait for us to reform and rebuild and work our way through non leagues. No for me it will be over. It is like being told a lifelong friend or family member has been diagnosed with a terminal disease and has only 3 weeks to live. I am so sad, I really am, the closure of Pompey will leave an enormous void in my life that I will struggle to fill. I know it is over now. The players will not give in, why would they?, they have no affinity with Pompey and will cut their losses and move on to other clubs, pick up their sign on bonus's as free agents and their countless thousands a week. They won't give two hoots at the carnage and destruction that they and the unscrupulous owners have left behind, not to mention the broken hearts and the hopes and dreams of thousands of passionate supporters left lying in the remains of Fratton Park. May God forgive Them.

Ah, so it's everyone elses fault again... and you lot lapped it up.

take a pay cut you greedy bastards so we can pocket the parachute money and shaft a few more creditors - and by the way, I'm going on holiday with some random strangers and you eight can go f$ck yourselves.

What an interesting approach to negotiating.

I wonder how that plea will work out...

Appy says it needs to be a bit more give and take, rather than as it currently is, which 'All give and all take'.

Well Appy, your sentiment is correct only you've got it the wrong way around.

You want the players to give up their entitlement despite it being their last contract in some cases

In fact the players have been the ones that are giving (wages deferrals for the last 6 months) and the club have been taking it all and giving F*ck All

You really have slotted into the PFC model of delusion particularly well f*ckwit

Edited by Winchester Red

This comment is from the person who asked whether they'd swap it all for survival. He's pretty clued up, obviously - a rarity in a PO postcode.

Even if it means the absolute death of the club, no "Plan B", no form of a phoenix? You mean you'd really prefer a cup final win over the permanent death of our club? Bearing in mind we had players we could not afford, contracts we didn't honour, bills we didn't pay to get there?

hughes is just being the **** i always given him credit for.

Wheres this government help we were told we'd receive, they're still letting the FA/FL run rings round them.

Birch needs to act if pompey were just any other business and sack players, let the FL throw whatever punishment they see fit at the current pompey, and let the creditor's take them to court for unfair status they have created outside business law which has seen them steal money that should of been divided equally.

Let PL keep the PL payments, Portabin will bugger off then, and the trust can start the rebuild of PFC.

:scared:

Just perusing their boards this morning... the stupidity is quite staggering. In general, it's everyone elses fault and there is a vendetta against them.

Most staggeringly, the players are copping a lot of flak because they're not giving in to what they're entitled to. No-one has mentioned that it was Pompey who cheated, that outbid other sides to pay ridiculous wages and thus, cheated other teams out of final positions in league tables and survival and better financial health.

They were quite contented to give it the big 'un when lavishing money on these players and never questioned quality over quantity and now they're paying the ultimate price.

Those f()ckers have skewed league tables for ten years or so but when reality bites them in the ass it's everyone elses fault.

No tears here. Well, maybe tears of joy that finally, that disgusting club is getting it's comeuppance.

gibraltar-monkey.jpg

Edited by Crab Lungs

Just perusing their boards this morning... the stupidity is quite staggering. In general, it's everyone elses fault and there is a vendetta against them.

Most staggeringly, the players are copping a lot of flak because they're not giving in to what they're entitled to. No-one has mentioned that it was Pompey who cheated, that outbid other sides to pay ridiculous wages and thus, cheated other teams out of final positions in league tables and survival and better financial health.

They were quite contented to give it the big 'un when lavishing money on these players and never questioned quality over quantity and now they're paying the ultimate price.

Those f()ckers have skewed league tables for ten years or so but when reality bites them in the ass it's everyone elses fault.

No tears here. Well, maybe tears of joy that finally, that disgusting club is getting it's comeuppance.

Its been a long time coming but I can hear the fat lady gargling and tuning up

The parachute payments are for exactly this purpose

Why should the people who are entitled to them (wrongly or rightly), those with contracts with the club, forego their 'entitlement'

So that someone else can dictate how much money he wants to not shut them down (baloo), with no special entitlement

I'm sure our webbed feet friends will be great at arguing why they are entitled to their benefits. Maybe they ought to give them up and let the club have them instead?

This country has fallen big time into an 'entitlement' society. You can't pick and choose when it is applied.

Anyway.... don't want to get preachy.... Just shut them down ffs

Edited by Winchester Red

"The trust takes over FP for 5 million (assuming the trust can raise 5 million) and we resurface in conference south for 12/13 as a phoenix from the ashes of liquidation. Maybe 13/14 we're in league 2, then league 1 for 14/15. Write player contracts which pay a basic salary + shares of gate receipts / advertising revenue / tv rights payments."

Good luck with that plan, :lol:

"The trust takes over FP for 5 million (assuming the trust can raise 5 million) and we resurface in conference south for 12/13 as a phoenix from the ashes of liquidation. Maybe 13/14 we're in league 2, then league 1 for 14/15. Write player contracts which pay a basic salary + shares of gate receipts / advertising revenue / tv rights payments."

Good luck with that plan, :lol:

How are they going to move up 2 divisions from Conference South to L2 in one year? And that's ignoring that it's already too late to enter a phoenix club into any league for this year.

The level of self interest is quite staggering. Some non-league team is supposed to give up their place and accept relegation or fold, so the bestest can put their team straight into a new league at 10 minutes notice

Funnier and funnier. They are moaning about us copying and pasting stuff off their site and then copy and paste Crab Lungs splendid post on theirs !

Ive never seen a communal nervous breakdown before. Brilliant.

Its like the Fall Of Berlin . Traitors and spies everywhere.

:wave:

yoo-hoo you skate b'stards....many of us can read your drivel and find it hilarious.....and the irony of moaning at us copying and pasting from PoL by you doing the same.

cannot wait till your club pops its clogs..

seeing as you lot are such a massive club with massive, passionate support...dare i say.. Bestfansintheworld™ where is your multi billionaire rescue bid..?

we got one and we are just merely "scummers"

I expect yours will be arriving any day now

LOL

feel free to copy and paste that you ****s

Funnier and funnier. They are moaning about us copying and pasting stuff off their site and then copy and paste Crab Lungs splendid post on theirs !

Ive never seen a communal nervous breakdown before. Brilliant.

Its like the Fall Of Berlin . Traitors and spies everywhere.

Hilarious. Rearrange the following into a common proverb:

Home roost pigeons coming to

How are they going to move up 2 divisions from Conference South to L2 in one year? And that's ignoring that it's already too late to enter a phoenix club into any league for this year.

The level of self interest is quite staggering. Some non-league team is supposed to give up their place and accept relegation or fold, so the bestest can put their team straight into a new league at 10 minutes notice

No, two teams would move up one decision making a space for Pompey to slot into....

To all of our skate readers I just like to say that I'm loving watching your slow painful death & I hope it hurts like hell & does for generations to come.

Die skates die.

Steady on, you'll be rivalling me for popularity on there... ;)

If and when they get liquidated, I'm not sure anyone would bother starting a new club in a years time. Just can't see it.

The truly shocking thing of course, is that due to the ineptitude of the Pompey Supporters Trust they won't be able to manouevre a Phoenix Club into the Conference structure this year, with clubs shuffling up to take the League 1 Pompey's place. They have left it too late.

If they form a Phoenix Club for 2013/2014 they will almost certainly be starting right from the very bottom.

I'm a big supporter of the Trust movement generally (I have a monthly DD to the Swansea Supporters' Trust) but not all ST's are created equally. Not by a long way.

Absolute blinder played there PST. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-pleads-with-players-not-to-let-pompey-die-1-4082330

appy's taken to begging.

Last week, the news was still stating they would get all of their defferal money, but over a period of time.

The Mullins bit proves what we all knew, that isn't the case.

Part of the problem is that it was birch who asked them to take the deferals in the first and probably safe to assume, he assured them they would get it back when everything was sorted.

it is despicable that they are mentioning the players names. If the administrator put his hand up and said that he will waive his fees and BC as well then they would have the moral high ground. I think you will find the administrator also gets a cut of every sale as a commission and so he also gains on a move (Clapham is that correct?)

Copy and pasted from POL :

"They are so obviously extremely jealous and bitter about our history and achievements as a club. They also hate the recognition we have received as bestest supporters which they never have and never will."

Clearly their "history and acheivments" are so highly regarded in the football world there is a massive queue forming to help them.

If I were one of the players, after the treatment they've received from the fans and the club I'd want to stay, quite simply to give them the F*** You!

I just have this funny feeling that I'll be waking up one morning in the next few days hankering for some nicely browned bread.

The truly shocking thing of course, is that due to the ineptitude of the Pompey Supporters Trust they won't be able to manouevre a Phoenix Club into the Conference structure this year, with clubs shuffling up to take the League 1 Pompey's place. They have left it too late.

If they form a Phoenix Club for 2013/2014 they will almost certainly be starting right from the very bottom.

I'm a big supporter of the Trust movement generally (I have a monthly DD to the Swansea Supporters' Trust) but not all ST's are created equally. Not by a long way.

Absolute blinder played there PST. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

They wont have it in them to start again. They'll invade H&W or something.

One of the commenters on The News:

The players must be aware that if they don't cancel their contracts and forego their deferred wages' date=' then Mr Chanrai will get his hands on the £14 million of parachute payments[/quote']

Err, I thought it was exactly the opposite. If they do cancel their contracts BC will go ahead, then pocket the PP. If they don't BC pulls out, the club folds and the PP will be used to pay the players direct.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})