Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As so many PoL's read this thread for news and advice, can I be the first in the current meltdown to try and offer some help.

http://www.negotiationinstitute.com/column/empathy-critical-skill-use-negotiations

You will see here that Empathy is a VERY valuable tool to use during DIFFICULT negotiations.

Again, just offering a bit of advice, this region has tended to show that pointing a gun at someone who has no hope and THEN trying to negotiate tends to bring out a fark you reaction.

So, from the PTS perspective - YEAH keep up the stream of abuse morons.

from the I have "they'll get away with it in the sweepstake perspective - fly back from your free vacation, pull up a chair, pour a few cups of tea and understand the position of the players.

It is SO simple to get a deal. Stop talking with your d1cks and use a brain cell

sorry I've not been on much recently, I was deeply buried in a pit of despair after witnessing the humiliating failure to win 'our own trophy' at SMS - will that painful memory never fade?? :cry:

I thought leaving The Dell was sad, a couple of relegations and a last ditch escape from liquidation toughened me up, but the sinking feeling when Anderlecht scored in front of The Chapel was like all of those setbacks rolled into one second - it will stay with me until my dying day, it was my Diana moment.

You would have heard my wailing but there was taped crowd noise being pumped out, that's probably why most people booed our own team and left at half time as is the tradition, thus avoiding the crush caused by all the free ticket holders who are either from Poland, Asia, or on welfare.

Yes, it's a depressing time here at the smallest club in Hampshire.

The media don't like us, we can't attract any big name players, and even though most of our fans are Polish plumbers with free tickets, we haven't even got hot and cold running fat! - the future looks SO bleak.

I wish we'd won a trophy back in the first half of the last century when racism and national service was all the rage, then I'd have some self-worth.

Did I tell you how some random player was once asked if Saints had the bestest support and he nodded and muttered 'whatever' as he hurried to the first coach out of town?

That's a fact and proves all kinds of things.

Oh well, it's just a memory now.

As it is we are now just a small time club and fans of bigger teams like the Royal Engineers and Huddersfield Town will just mock us. :(

Can I only dream of supporting a club with a history?

Money-laundering, arms-dealing, Angolan warcrimes, insolvent trading, illegal accounts being presented to courts, the theft of pension funds, links to organised crime, more insolvent trading, a manager who sticks his genitals in crack addicts, tax evasion, yet more insolvent trading, cancer charity theft, a manager who sticks his genitals in children, British Legion theft....

We just can't compete with that history. :scared:

sorry I've not been on much recently, I was deeply buried in a pit of despair after witnessing the humiliating failure to win 'our own trophy' at SMS - will that painful memory never fade?? :cry:

I thought leaving The Dell was sad, a couple of relegations and a last ditch escape from liquidation toughened me up, but the sinking feeling when Anderlecht scored in front of The Chapel was like all of those setbacks rolled into one second - it will stay with me until my dying day, it was my Diana moment.

You would have heard my wailing but there was taped crowd noise being pumped out, that's probably why most people booed our own team and left at half time as is the tradition, thus avoiding the crush caused by all the free ticket holders who are either from Poland, Asia, or on welfare.

The media don't like us, we can't attract any big name players, and even though most of our fans are Polish plumbers with free tickets, we haven't even got hot and cold running fat! - the future looks SO bleak.

I wish we'd won a trophy back in the first half of the last century when racism and national service was all the rage, then I'd have some self-worth.

Did I tell you how some random player was once asked if Saints had the bestest support and he nodded and muttered 'whatever' as he hurried to the first coach out of town?

As it is we are now just a small time club and fans of bigger teams like the Royal Engineers and Huddersfield Town will just mock us. :(

Money-laundering, arms-dealing, Angolan warcrimes, insolvent trading, illegal accounts being presented to courts, the theft of pension funds, links to organised crime, more insolvent trading, a manager who sticks his genitals in crack addicts, tax evasion, yet more insolvent trading, cancer charity theft, a manager who sticks his genitals in children, British Legion theft....

Cheered me no end. Best one yet!

Sorry but that has to go onto FB

I have NO sympathy at all for them.

For the obsessed POL types I'm loving your slow painful death & I hope it hurts like hell you filthy skate bast.ards.

This is the bit when I say... "Well, since I've been on there, they've been alright" :uhoh:

That said, I think I've been fairly lucky so far, though most have been happy enough to explain their perception of events. Hopefully it's making for interesting reading.

This is the bit when I say... "Well, since I've been on there, they've been alright" :uhoh:

That said, I think I've been fairly lucky so far, though most have been happy enough to explain their perception of events. Hopefully it's making for interesting reading.

They could help little old ladies across the road & phone their mum 4 days a week & I'd still want the cu.nts dead.

They are getting payback & I love it.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @bobbeech: Anyone who can spare a couple of hours 9-11am tomorrow morning at the Pompey training ground - your club needs you.

That is just not a very cool move, is it? Allen drumming it up again. He's basically inviting nutjobs (is that us?) to lynch mob the players...

@pn_neil_allen: RT @bobbeech: Anyone who can spare a couple of hours 9-11am tomorrow morning at the Pompey training ground - your club needs you.

Handing in the open letter to the players or acting as security because players with families have been threatened with violence in a whipped up frenzy on Twitter

@pn_neil_allen: Liam Walker shaping up to be wonderful story. Gibraltar lad with #Pompey parents wins trial after starring against Appleton's team on tour!!

Ah bless I love fairy tales.

But don't they need happy endings?

Ah of course, poopey know who to call for advice on those

Handing in the open letter to the players or acting as security because players with families have been threatened with violence in a whipped up frenzy on Twitter

If it is just handing in an open letter why does it take 2 hours?

Edited by pedg

Yet more drivel from Corpy:

Fair play to Crabs for coming on here but his perspective (and that of TSF) is still completely skewed. His first post in this thread refers to Chainrai as a loan shark. Despite everything that's happened since he came on the scene scummers still can't seem to grasp the fact that Chainrai lent no money to the club and the whole thing was a farce cooked up to allow him to take control of the club. TSF constantly harps on that we "didn't question what was going on and where the money was coming from" during Gaydamak's tenure when of course the the clamour for answers in fact got so loud that Storrie was forced to deny to the local media that the money came from Arkadi after questions from fans (notably people like Mike Hall). Our cup win stck in their throat so much that they initially said it was because we only faced lower league teams (welcome to the NPC Man Utd) and now we apparently cheated (although, according to the stats on expenditure versus income the year we won our wages to turnover ratio was no higher than most other mid table PL clubs). They say the wages were unsustainable on 20K gates without acknowledging (a) the almost £50m in SKY money we received that year and (b) the fact that an owner was putting in additional cash - just like theirs in fact. Apparently we now even "cheated" our way to promotion because we had a chairman bankrolling us (anyone else see the irony in this one?).

The problem I have with their ridiculour mega thread is the sanctimonious ***** they come out with about how they've been right about what was happening "every step of the way" especially when the thread has included stuff like:

• Lampitt being parachuted in by the FL to oversee us (what happend there Crabby)
  • That the only reason we haven't been liquidated so far is because the "conspiracy" involves everyone from Scudamore to high ranking UEFA and FIFA officials (the phrase I still remember is that the "tendrils of conspiracy go right to the very top"
  • That Gordon Brown was persuaded to say we shouldn't be wound up by pressure from "on high" in the football world because of the people involved in the "conspiracy"
  • The Gaydamak's were controlling Chainrai
  • That Chainrai was controlling the Gaydamaks

And plenty of others - but I don't want to be on here all night.

I can understand scummers wanting to kick us while we're down but the obsession displayed on there is staggering. They told me it wasn't because we were Pompey but because of the "cheating"> You have to ask yourself, in that case, why they're not writing to MP's and HMRC about Rangers and clubs like Plymouth don't you?

Comments that we shouldn't feel hard done by seem a bit odd when even most people in the media are questioning how the PL/ FL's tests can allow owners like we've had recently to take control of the club (especially one no-one ever met). Tell me scummers wouldn't be saying the same? The "quality over quantity" argument is also always trotted out as "madness" but as I pointed out repeatedly, what's the difference between having 20 high paid players and 30 medium paid players? It's major issue now trying to shift them but if you have a wage budget you can cut that however you want. It's a problem now because the guy who was bankrolling us is gone and whilst it looks unlikely that could happen along the coast and they could find themselves in the same position.

corpy

the fact that an owner was putting in additional cash

:facepalm:

And THAT is the whole point.

"The owner" (Sacha) DIDN'T put any money in.

He simply saddled the club with LOANS from STANDARD BANK FFS that is why they got relegated and into trouble in the FIRST place

The SIMPLE missed point is that the Liebherr family have converted ALL their investment to date into Share Capital NOT bank loans.

The ONLY thing they can do now to impact on our performance is to fire their elected Directors - NC, Unlike the skates they CAN'T ask for their cash back

Economics for Dummies page 1 MORON

I see the abuse has started Crabby even though Bill is deleting a fair amount. Showing their true colours eventually...

Yeah, it's been pretty reasoned until now, though I think that's now changed. Shame really, was starting to enjoy hearing a different perspective. PompeyScot's been very fair so far, though I've just said I'm dipping out now as it'll cause him more trouble than it's worth if I stick around.

I've taken the p1ss BIG TIME on here but it's been quite interesting hearing the viewpoint east of us, something I've actually seldom done as I was too busy rofl'ing on here, as rivals do.

Yeah, it's been pretty reasoned until now, though I think that's now changed. Shame really, was starting to enjoy hearing a different perspective. PompeyScot's been very fair so far, though I've just said I'm dipping out now as it'll cause him more trouble than it's worth if I stick around.

I've taken the p1ss BIG TIME on here but it's been quite interesting hearing the viewpoint east of us, something I've actually seldom done as I was too busy rofl'ing on here, as rivals do.

Do you see their point any more? I still think there is a big distinction between their more reasoned fans and the majority who believe they have been victimised and it is everyone elses fault.

corpy

You have to ask yourself, in that case, why they're not writing to MP's and HMRC about Rangers

We did. HTH

(OK so it was in questioning sporting integrity in comparison to you lot but we did)

I feel sorry for corpy, He probably feels llike some poor drunk tourist to Bangkok who gets home with a chick to find out it's a ladyboy.

Let's face it, he shot his load over Ice Cream salesmen, Imaginary Arabs & Storrieteller, not to mention CSI, anyone fancy a whip round to get him counselling?

No, thought not

Ah Bob Beech, I remember that Barry from Eastenders lookalike being interviewed on Sky just before we played those DSB's in the cup when they were Premier League and we were in "little" League One. The interviewer mentioned the "big" game and with great arrogance Beech said something along the lines of "its not a big game for us but its is for them". Now Bob didn't seem quite so cocky when I saw him again on Sky recently putting up some pathetic plaque about the death of P***ey and practically blubbing - how things change Bob, WTFILN?

Do you see their point any more? I still think there is a big distinction between their more reasoned fans and the majority who believe they have been victimised and it is everyone elses fault.

This. The ratio of fair minded Pompey fans to deluded souls who can't even fully blame the club for their previous shambolic dealings is quite staggering low at times on their boards. Some just refuse to accept any blame on the club at all, and that's its all the Football League's fault for allowing their owners and not exerting enough financial checks and controls.

pompey supporters seem to have a clear divide..

the few like pompeyscot who obviously care deeply about PFC in a sense that he could see this coming etc but was shot down

then you have the rest.....that all they have is..."fuk of you scummaz, we're pompey innit"

A'h the scummers beat a French team from the French league 1 1-0 WOW that will be there only win for a very longtime must admit l'd never heard of the team they beat.

Typical skate mentality.

Such inbred idiots, no knowledge of what lays outside of Portsea island.

Any chance of blowing up the access routes and casting them adrift? Let's face it, they are happier in their own company and little world.

After hearing some of them speak and listening to their reasoning it seems pretty sound so, yes, I do feel some sympathy - far more than I did previous.

What has been said on there was that questions had been asked of Gaydamak and CSI's ownership/Lampitt's involvement but they could only really do so much. I can kind of resonate with that, though I do think Saints as fans have been far more proactive, whilst Pompey have been reactive when we've encountered similar situations.

the few like pompeyscot who obviously care deeply about PFC in a sense that he could see this coming etc but was shot down

then you have the rest.....that all they have is..."fuk of you scummaz, we're pompey innit"

The first I have sympathy for (I didn't used to, I used to class them all under very much the same umbrella).

The other group it's hard to have sympathy for. I think they're convinced I'm on there out of some sort of p1ss take, but it's more a morbid curiosity with a lashing of genuine interest. Sure, I've been a big p1sstaker on here but what I've heard on there is a genuine concern and understanding with what's going on from a few of them, defo. Better understanding than I gave them credit for,that's for sure.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Yep. You can see it on that POL thread (well the less extreme posts that haven't been deleted.)

After hearing some of them speak and listening to their reasoning it seems pretty sound so, yes, I do feel some sympathy - far more than I did previous.

What has been said on there was that questions had been asked of Gaydamak and CSI's ownership/Lampitt's involvement but they could only really do so much. I can kind of resonate with that, though I do think Saints as fans have been far more proactive, whilst Pompey have been reactive when we've encountered similar situations.

Yes I agree with that. The vast majority of Portsmouth fans have reacted with complete surprise every step of the way and swallowed what they have been told. I have no sympathy for those types.

Typical skate mentality.

Such inbred idiots, no knowledge of what lays outside of Portsea island.

Any chance of blowing up the access routes and casting them adrift? Let's face it, they are happier in their own company and little world.

Its the Island of Dr Morreau i'n'it. No knowing what throwbacks and relics roam the streets

I think pompey supporters are pretty much the same as saints supporters. I think in their situation most of our fans would be pretty much the same mix as they've got. I understand the banter, the rivalry and the constant need for oneupmanship, but anybody who genuinely believes people from Portsmouth are completely different to people from Southampton is a moron.

I think pompey supporters are pretty much the same as saints supporters. I think in their situation most of our fans would be pretty much the same mix as they've got. I understand the banter, the rivalry and the constant need for oneupmanship, but anybody who genuinely believes people from Portsmouth are completely different to people from Southampton is a moron.

Not completely different, of course :) But they do seem to have a larger number of morons. Do you remember when they beat us at their dump a few years back, then went on the rampage smashing up their own city's shops and even torching a police car? That is why they are more than just a little bit special ;)

Nope I disagree. You only have to look at the MPs people in authority and their local paper to see the very distinct differences.

Sure, I've been a big p1sstaker on here but what I've heard on there is a genuine concern and understanding with what's going on from a few of them, defo. Better understanding than I gave them credit for,that's for sure.

Given that I have no geographical ties to Southampton or Portsmouth, the rivalry is difficult for me to understand (other than as another derby rivalry as seen all around the globe). I've seen it discussed on here so many times that I will merely accept that it's one of those things where you just "had to be there" to truly understand it. Reading the comments sections of the News articles and the chat below the Gib stream I'm astounded by the level of hatred displayed by both sets of fans. In that respect I find it admirable that you actually confront the myths and confirm some while dismissing others - we need to rise above the level of their worst fans ;)...

Given their desperate situation one could perhaps excuse some of them for being more erratic or confrontational than usual. Facing the liquidation of their club is a highly emotional matter, so we cannot expect them to be as cynical (or even just open to debate) as us nutjobs. Here I'm not talking about the majority of fans that for every club will probably just be in blind defense - we're talking about their PTS equivalents, those worth having a discussion with.

Maybe it merely reflects badly on me, but when we faced the penalty in League One I was absolutely convinced that it was Mawhinney alone who held a grudge and wanted to punish us unfairly - soon after I accepted that the FL simply closed a loophole retroactively. Frustrating situation (especially taking in consideration the role of Barclays *grrr*), but my perspective returned once the anger had receded. So once the dust settles and the wounds are less raw, maybe the sensible fans will be more open to rewrite their own modern history. One could hope...

Pompey as a club seem to be driven by blind desire to elevate as rapidly as possible regardless of the means. The officials of the club show no remorse or understanding of the consequences their actions have towards those putting their faith in the club. That Ally McCoist statement was a real eye-opener for me: he may have meant it wholeheartedly or he may have written it through gritted teeth - what matters is that he put it out there in public. Birch, Appy and the rest of the gang refuse to follow any decency and keep exploring all desperate options at any time. Hard to blame the bestest for having a hard time cutting trough that endless propaganda coming from the club they love - especially when they keep being told what they like to hear: it's everyone else's fault, we're better than the rest, we'll keep fighting this injustice all the way etc. Were we served the same crap from Mark Fry back then? I honestly can't remember...

So, a load of waffle from me about nothing, sorry. Just wanted it out there for the record - I'll happily join in the request for a proper punishment fo Pompey (liquidation please), and I think a lot of their fans reflect badly on their club. But I do feel for those sensible fans who have witnessed this drama unfold with little way to intervene... On that note: In the larger scheme of things their trust may be dwarfed by the Chanrais, Gadaymaks and Antonovs, but at least they should be given credit for their efforts. One can only hope that they could instil a more humble, sane and economically sensible approach to running a football club than what has been on display from PFC for the last decade...

Not completely different, of course :) But they do seem to have a larger number of morons. Do you remember when they beat us at their dump a few years back, then went on the rampage smashing up their own city's shops and even torching a police car? That is why they are more than just a little bit special ;)

Joklng aside, the thing that made me first wonder about there really being a different way on Portsea Island of seeing the world was an article in one of the broadsheets a few years ago: if I remember rightly, it was written around the time of their 2008 cup campaign. The writer identified a kind of siege mentality and ascribed it to their small island geography/demography.

Edited by Waterside.saint

It's my basic approach to supporters of any club. Somewhere at Fratton Park is a bloke who went to that same concert as you in '97, can also recite old Monty Python scetches, also loves Czech beer, also plays Sunday league football, also hates wearing a tie, also likes to take the family to see his local team etc. The only difference is that he wears a blue shirt, you wear a red... Does he really have six fingers or ****s his sister? ;)

Fair enough with some banter but don't truly believe it for a second.

I grant it that I may be totally wrong as some clubs seem to have a special reputation. Would the above be the case for e.g. Millwall? Are they basically the same as everyone else with a small group of nutters giving them a terrible reputation? I dunno...

when we faced the penalty in League One I was absolutely convinced that it was Mawhinney alone who held a grudge and wanted to punish us unfairly - soon after I accepted that the FL simply closed a loophole retroactively. Frustrating situation (especially taking in consideration the role of Barclays *grrr*),

Abssolutely, I think you reflect a general feeling amongs fans, at least those on the forums. Plus you identified the role of Barclays... I don't get the same level of intelligent analysis from what I have seen amongst Portsmouth fans. I'm back in the UK in a week and will be visiting the village where my house is, and talking with a few friends who are fans so I'll reserve judgement until then..

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})