Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Right, that's me done.

For those that did speak to me (as opposed to abuse me) on there, I do have some understanding for how they must feel. They did, to their credit, come back with pretty solid facts about questioning the clubs ownership before the poop hit the fan and did answer many of the questions pretty honestly and candidly, fair play.

It was quite an insightful (no, really!) to see their perspective, though it's clear to see that there are a few who "facking" hate us, irrespective.

Right, that's me done.

For those that did speak to me (as opposed to abuse me) on there, I do have some understanding for how they must feel. They did, to their credit, come back with pretty solid facts about questioning the clubs ownership before the poop hit the fan and did answer many of the questions pretty honestly and candidly, fair play.

It was quite an insightful (no, really!) to see their perspective, though it's clear to see that there are a few who "facking" hate us, irrespective.

Not sure I agree with some of your conclusions though. I still believe that it is the minority who are sensible and who were questioning from the start. Look at Neil Allen and the articles he writes to the pompey fan base and you can see what the general feeling is.

Not sure I agree with some of your conclusions though. I still believe that it is the minority who are sensible and who were questioning from the start. Look at Neil Allen and the articles he writes to the pompey fan base and you can see what the general feeling is.

It seemed that it was about a 40%/60% split who were reasonable/wanted to debate sensibly. I wonder if that correlates to the general fanbase. To be fair, I always had the "facking scumma" section to be way higher, and that's exactly the people Neil Allen is rather dangerously playing up to.

Maybe I was just pleasantly surprised with the general, not-overly hostile welcome... or maybe I just missed the angry posts as they had been deleted before I saw them!

sorry I've not been on much recently, I was deeply buried in a pit of despair after witnessing the humiliating failure to win 'our own trophy' at SMS - will that painful memory never fade?? :cry:

I thought leaving The Dell was sad, a couple of relegations and a last ditch escape from liquidation toughened me up, but the sinking feeling when Anderlecht scored in front of The Chapel was like all of those setbacks rolled into one second - it will stay with me until my dying day, it was my Diana moment.

You would have heard my wailing but there was taped crowd noise being pumped out, that's probably why most people booed our own team and left at half time as is the tradition, thus avoiding the crush caused by all the free ticket holders who are either from Poland, Asia, or on welfare.

Yes, it's a depressing time here at the smallest club in Hampshire.

The media don't like us, we can't attract any big name players, and even though most of our fans are Polish plumbers with free tickets, we haven't even got hot and cold running fat! - the future looks SO bleak.

I wish we'd won a trophy back in the first half of the last century when racism and national service was all the rage, then I'd have some self-worth.

Did I tell you how some random player was once asked if Saints had the bestest support and he nodded and muttered 'whatever' as he hurried to the first coach out of town?

That's a fact and proves all kinds of things.

Oh well, it's just a memory now.

As it is we are now just a small time club and fans of bigger teams like the Royal Engineers and Huddersfield Town will just mock us. :(

Can I only dream of supporting a club with a history?

Money-laundering, arms-dealing, Angolan warcrimes, insolvent trading, illegal accounts being presented to courts, the theft of pension funds, links to organised crime, more insolvent trading, a manager who sticks his genitals in crack addicts, tax evasion, yet more insolvent trading, cancer charity theft, a manager who sticks his genitals in children, British Legion theft....

We just can't compete with that history. :scared:

This ought to be posted on the POL forum. Under the title "confessions of a scummer". That should get a fair phew of them to start reading it with glee, until the penny drops. Of course, it would only be up for about half an hour before being yanked, but that should be long enough to do enough damage (think of sunlight to vampires).

On a more serious note, I'm glad I finally understand what happens to the magnificent eight's past and future money owed if Cheats FC are liquidated: they'll get sod all from Cheats FC, but may or may not get money back from the PL/FL via the remaining parachute payments.

Now players (especially those who choose to play for Cheats FC) may not be the sharpest tools in the box, but their agents usually are, so I reckon given the choice of

a) Give up their wage "demands" and accept Trevor's compromise, which almost certainly means receiving the square root of f**k all over the next 4 years, with Chinny trousering most of the parachute money; or

b) Hold tight, let the cesspit go under, incur the wrath of Voldemort, Trevor, Chinny, Allen, Fred Dineage, TCWTB and the rest of the phew, but hope to get a decent wedge back from the PL/FL via the remaining parachute payments,

they will choose >

It seemed that it was about a 40%/60% split who were reasonable/wanted to debate sensibly.

That's only because pompeyscot was leaving the ones properly debating with you, but deleting the majority of the hate-filled abusive responses.

Next they will start doorstepping....

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-07-23/fans-plea-to-players/

Portsmouth football fans are to gather outside the club's ground this morning in the hope of garnering support from senior players.

The group SOS Pompey will ask them to back to it's campaign to allow fans to take over the failing club.

They will hand out the following letters:

"When you joined our football club certain promises were made to you, you signed a contract and on that basis and you have every right to demand what is justly yours.

With everything that has happened you, like us supporters, have every right to be angry, you are as much a victim of the incompetence that has left our club teetering on the brink of as anyone.

Now though you have the chance to write your name in the history of our club, the decisions that you make will decide whether one hundred and fourteen years of history come to an end.

Generations of Pompey fans are praying that are able to reach a compromise with the administrators and while legality and indeed morality are on your side we can only appeal to your conscience.

While those who have done this squabble over the final remains of Portsmouth Football Club, without a care for those who have been put out of work, or the businesses forced to make cut backs because of non-payment , you can show the world that you care. You can save this club that so many of us care about, you can demonstrate that footballers aren't the shallow, selfish people that is portrayed in the press.

We hope that with your help Pompey can survive and, under the ownership of the fans, can slowly but surely be turned around. We know that the potential sacrifice we are asking you to make is immense, but we will not survive without it.

Thank you

PLAY UP POMPEY"

Portsmouth football fans are to gather outside the club's ground this morning in the hope of garnering support from senior players.

The group SOS Pompey will ask them to back to it's campaign to allow fans to take over the failing club.

"When you joined our football club certain promises were made to you, you signed a contract and on that basis and you have every right to demand what is justly yours.

With everything that has happened you, like us supporters, have every right to be angry, you are as much a victim of the incompetence that has left our club teetering on the brink of as anyone.

Now though you have the chance to write your name in the history of our club, the decisions that you make will decide whether one hundred and fourteen years of history come to an end.

Generations of Pompey fans are praying that are able to reach a compromise with the administrators and while legality and indeed morality are on your side we can only appeal to your conscience.

While those who have done this squabble over the final remains of Portsmouth Football Club, without a care for those who have been put out of work, or the businesses forced to make cut backs because of non-payment , you can show the world that you care. You can save this club that so many of us care about, you can demonstrate that footballers aren't the shallow, selfish people that is portrayed in the press.

We hope that with your help Pompey can survive and, under the ownership of the fans, can slowly but surely be turned around. We know that the potential sacrifice we are asking you to make is immense, but we will not survive without it.

Thank you

PLAY UP POMPEY"

Desperate!!!!

If they goto Fratton Park looking for senior players to give letters to there may be a long wait, as they will be at the training ground they rent in a SO post code...! Even if they do manage to find and mob some players at the training ground and hand out letters, it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

If they goto Fratton Park looking for senior players to give letters to there may be a long wait, as they will be at the training ground they rent in a SO post code...! Even if they do manage to find and mob some players at the training ground and hand out letters, it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

I think Neil Allen's tweet said Eastleigh training ground. Perhaps there will another doorstepping moment to rival the infamous Peter Storrie 'you're 'aving a larf' carpark episode

I think pompey supporters are pretty much the same as saints supporters. I think in their situation most of our fans would be pretty much the same mix as they've got. I understand the banter, the rivalry and the constant need for oneupmanship, but anybody who genuinely believes people from Portsmouth are completely different to people from Southampton is a moron.

From personal experience only, I think you're wrong. I think it's a socio-demographic thing. You only have to compare the spelling on the two forums......

Crabby.

You do miss one point in your "support" of the phew.

Which is that the club broke the hearts of thir REAL supporters some years ago.

Many of them DID hold their heads in shame, MANY of them did stop going, stopped buying Merchandise and to all effect "Boycotted" the club.

They understood that with the Loan Shark sucking them dry there was no hope, THEY understood the 18mil Chinny charge - it was simply Sacha passing what he owed Chinny and dumping/conning him. They know that the ONLY thing keeping them alive is Chinny's HOPE he can get that cash back (no not loaned to the club, owed by Sacha - see pages 50-500 Israel & Courts corpy)

They more than anyone are embarrassed by the Trust and the morons rallying to CHinny's side to help him suck the last blood out of their club.

Because, let's face it, the PST (good effort lads) will ONLY be allowed to run the club until CHinny has his cash, after that the husk will be gone.

They should not be "bullying" the players in SO postcode (perhaps PTS should send a team of Security guards up there to protect the poor innocent players?:rolleyes:)

They should be landing in Hong Kong and going after Chinny.

But then the ones with real brains gave up, want the disgrace to end and want a club they can be proud of to start again - thing is - they wanted it 3 years ago.

Crabby.

You do miss one point in your "support" of the phew.

Which is that the club broke the hearts of thir REAL supporters some years ago.

Many of them DID hold their heads in shame, MANY of them did stop going, stopped buying Merchandise and to all effect "Boycotted" the club.

They understood that with the Loan Shark sucking them dry there was no hope, THEY understood the 18mil Chinny charge - it was simply Sacha passing what he owed Chinny and dumping/conning him. They know that the ONLY thing keeping them alive is Chinny's HOPE he can get that cash back (no not loaned to the club, owed by Sacha - see pages 50-500 Israel & Courts corpy)

They more than anyone are embarrassed by the Trust and the morons rallying to CHinny's side to help him suck the last blood out of their club.

Because, let's face it, the PST (good effort lads) will ONLY be allowed to run the club until CHinny has his cash, after that the husk will be gone.

They should not be "bullying" the players in SO postcode (perhaps PTS should send a team of Security guards up there to protect the poor innocent players?:rolleyes:)

They should be landing in Hong Kong and going after Chinny.

But then the ones with real brains gave up, want the disgrace to end and want a club they can be proud of to start again - thing is - they wanted it 3 years ago.

Perhaps its a case of evolution in action. According to Darwin the necessary conditions for evolution to occur are:

(1) Variation (as in genetic) - lets assume that they started off a few years ago with a mixture of types, as we have more or less agreed on this thread;

(2) Competition (for survival) - sometimes called selection pressure - lets say that recent events have selected those with a more blinkered, bunker mentality;

(3) Reproduction (to pass on certain advantageous traits) - presumably their current crop of supporters are doing their best to encourage all those they are in contact with to think the same way.

Et voila - a new species :)

Desperate!!!!

Indeed, but let's see how this plays out. Will it degenerate into crowd intimidation of the players as they effectively run the gauntlet to get into the training ground? Or has this thread had some moderating influence on the potential for harassment - as is evidenced by the attempt at careful language in that little missive?

Thank you

PLAY UP POMPEY"

Why do they persist in believing that Chainrai regaining control will save the club? All that will do is prolong the agony (which of course would be music to nutjob ears).

Surely the letter should be begging the players to stand their ground so that they (the fans) get their club back sooner rather than later?

#confused

Why do they persist in believing that Chainrai regaining control will save the club? All that will do is prolong the agony (which of course would be music to nutjob ears).

Surely the letter should be begging the players to stand their ground so that they (the fans) get their club back sooner rather than later?

#confused

Spot on Trousers !

Whilst I have absolutely no sympathy for the club, it's custodians and most of the moronic phew, I still keep thinking "Be careful what you wish for!".

If liquidation comes soon, then all rivalry disappears, this thread will drift away and we will be left with a gaping hole !

All IMHO of course !

Part of the problem is no one really knows what's going to happen with parachute payments & referred salaries but it's clear that the players are receiving advice to sit tight.

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if the player agents haven't been in contact with the PFA, Football League and Premier League throughout all of this and I will bet most things that I own that they know exactly where they would stand in the event of liquidation.

The fact that so few of them have left is very, very telling.

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if the player agents haven't been in contact with the PFA, Football League and Premier League throughout all of this and I will bet most things that I own that they know exactly where they would stand in the event of liquidation.

The fact that so few of them have left is very, very telling.

I've been thinking the same but I also wonder why 'someone' representing the players hasn't refuted the constant 'drip drip' of "the players will get nothing if the club is liquidated" mantra.

If the general public could see categorically that the players would receive some compensation from either the FL, PP and/or PFA then they could vent their spleen at the authorities for creating such a 'rock and a hardplace' situation for the players in the first place.

Without someone refuting the cry that the the players will receive nothing if the club is liquidated it comes across as the players being simply vindictive, which of course is precisely what "the phew" want the public to believe....

Either it's true or it isn't.

Which?

If liquidation comes soon, then all rivalry disappears

I've heard a few say this. No it wont, it will never go away. They will just reform and hostilities between the two clubs will continue...it's not like portsea island disappears at the same time.

Other than a possible cup draw, it will probably be a number of years before we come up against each other (on the pitch) but that's hardly any different to the last century.

Oh btw...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?39110-All-Saints-fans-should-protest-about-this-disgusting-slur

Corpse:-I used to post on there quite a lot and there was some good banter. Until they got relegated and we won the cup. Then it changed and some of them became obsessed as we can see now.

And have a guess why that changed. I'll give you a clue; it was to do with you lot gloating about our demise. And now that the boot is on the other foot, you can't take back what you used to dish out. Naturally we were blase about you lot before our relegation. We had 27 years of being in the top division and many more before that where we were the dominant team in the South. Now the boot's on the other foot again and the natural order has been restored, it is you lot who can't take a bit of banter

Crab Lungs, in fact, used to PM me quite regularly on there and seemed alright and after their relegation he changed and became the snide little **** you can see now. He really didn't like it after he posted piles of ill informed ****** on there that I revealed to their board that he once told me in a PM that him and his Dad were watching a Pompey game once and his dad (also a scummer) said to him "I wish our crowd would make as much noise as the Pompey fans". Talk about embarrassed.

There are all sorts of know - nothing idiots on there. There's one who always claimed to have "Inside knowledge" on CSI and posted that they were going to pull out and but Bournemouth and that one of his "contacts" had seen Antonov in Sandbanks talking to Eddie Mitchell (turned out to be the Russian guy who bought into Bournemouth) and also had inside knowledge that CSI's budget for Pompey was £8m for the first year (they promptly spent £10m in the first two months). There are some decent blokes on there, a few of whom I've got to know and keep in touch with and who are sensible enough to realise that if Liebherr hadn't bought scum they could just as easily be in the same position we find ourselves. But the amount on there who want our cup win written out of the records because we "cheated" (when we won it they told me we only did so because we only played lower league teams) or who write to MP's or journalists about us is ridiculous. The fact they didn't have this mindset before their relegation and our cup win tells its own story. That and the media's constant priasing of our fans without them even getting a mention clearly eat at them.

There are all sorts of know-nothing idiot Skates who used to post on here. We all had tremendous fun hearing from Corpse (through his fortnightly meetings with his insider contact) that each new owner was richer than the one before, so that they would be reaching a level that they wouldn't believe. Yes, a level of indebtedness that is unbelievable. Other know-nothing Skates post such rubbish about the level of debt we had when we went under, how we fleeced Norwich Union on the stadium mortgage, the Liebherr family had Nazi connections, we are living beyond our means, the club is for sale, etc. Regarding the Skates cheating to buy the FA Cup, the analogy that Corpse might understand is that it is similar to a 100 metre sprinter winning the Olympics or the World Championships in record times. If that sprinter cheated by taking performance enhancing drugs, the records are expunged. The Skates achieved an unfair advantage through buying players of a quality to make that feat possible, but they were not affordable, so it was cheating.

And that's the funniest thing. Because their fans pretty much typify the jester hat wearing family fun day PL experience, they just don't stand out at all. They're like the good little well behaved kid in class that no-one remembers. And probably funniest of all, if the worst comes to the worst and we are liquidated, we will get back into league football relatively quickly (Aldershot and Wimbledon achieved it and with all due respect they're much smaller clubs than us) and when that happens the media will be full of it. There will be constant talk of how good our fans were, how the club was ruined by dodgy businessmen and how we came back and rose above it. And scum will be hovering around lower/ mid table in the PL, they'll undoubtedly suffer a relegation from the PL and maybe go back up again but as usual, the media will ignore them. Because we're Pompey and we always make a noise. And they're the good little kid who always hands in his homework on time that no-one likes or cares about

We'll just have to wait and see how things turn out, won't we? My opinion is that you won't get back there quickly at all. The worst will come to the worst. If you aren't liquidated, then you will limp on until Chainrai has bled you dry. Liquidation is like a beloved pet (yours, not ours) being put down to avoid further suffering, as I said before. So you'll have to start again at the very bottom, probably too late even to begin this coming season. Your gates will diminish to a small hardcore and it will take years to get back to even the third division. Will you even be playing at FP? Undoubtedly you believe that we will yo-yo between the Premiership and the Championship, but by the time you get back anywhere near us, we will have chalked up many more years of superiority over you, so that historical perspective will show our few years out of the Premiership as a similar blip to your few years in the top flight. And don't you find it ironic in the extreme that you label us as the well behaved fans from a family club, yet your lot get the award for best family club, despite cheating charities and local businesses as well as the Taxman?

So to recap; we had a hiccup, went down to the third division, but rose like a phoenix and will probably continue rising to stability and perhaps even glory in the Premiership. Once more we have bragging rights as top club in the South. I think that we can live with the fact that you achieve more column inches in the media because you were the first club to go into administration in the Premiership, were owned by a succession of crooks who bled you dry, and have loud fans typified by TCWTB.

Four years from FA Cup glory in the Premiership, to a 4-0 defeat by Gibraltar and a club on the verge of extinction. I can tell you four nothing that all that money spent on your few years in the sun was all four nothing.

re the difference in fans, yes most cities have idiots but without wanting to sound like Pamela Stephenson, I know these people, I've worked with these kids, and pompey is 'different'.

A man walking through Southampton in a pompey shirt would get some abuse, a man couldn't walk through pompey in a Saints shirt without getting assaulted.

There is a clear difference.

They don't like 'strangers', and there are significant racist attitudes down there that wouldn't be out of place in the 1970s - you only have to see the references to St Marys being Little Delhi or full of Poles.

They do have some reasonable and sensible fans in much the same was as we have some racists and idiots, but they have more than their fair share.

Maybe it's an island mentality that leaves you isolated and stuck in the past.

The likes of Ho haven't helped because you then get the impression that all of their fans are delusional fantasists.

How about claiming that they are better fans than Boca Juniors, Galatasary, Newcastle or Celtic?...:o

Yet the only thing they packed when the going got tough was their bags.

They have no shame.

I have never heard a Saints fan claim to be the bestest, even when we took over 50,000 to Wembley.

And their appetite for embracing spin is awesome, they will buy into any press release or statement without question - maybe that's a navy thing, following orders?

And the myths...

The re-telling of pub folk stories as fact just make them ALL look like idiots.

Fantasy dockstrikes, Nazi gold, 13,000 free tickets at SMS, booing our own team - the list goes on and on and just toughens resolve to see these simpletons removed from football.

That and a lack of understanding of the crimes committed by their own club, it's always been someone else's fault.

Those that visit PoL might be able to shed some light - do many of their fans admit that they should have done far more and were wrong not to question CSI, Lampitt, Redknapp, Storrie etc when things were going well?

Did they protest about the crazy wages?

They're now just figures of fun, and the ringmaster is a man dressed as a dirty clown - it's no more than a little freak show.

So I think the two cities are different.

And anyone who is in any doubt just needs to check out that latest PoL posting that does the majority of their fanbase no favours and fuels the call for liquidation on here.

Anyone got Tony Martin's number?

Laugh, loudly.

We had a good team, a very good team in 2010, but they (the Premier League) punished the supporters, managers and players.

And yet you still were relegated and would have been even without the points deduction. If it wasn't because the players weren't good enough, could it possibly have been the fault of the manager? :lol:

re the difference in fans, yes most cities have idiots but without wanting to sound like Pamela Stephenson, I know these people, I've worked with these kids, and pompey is 'different'.

They're now just figures of fun, and the ringmaster is a man dressed as a dirty clown - it's no more than a little freak show.

So I think the two cities are different.

And anyone who is in any doubt just needs to check out that latest PoL posting that does the majority of their fanbase no favours and fuels the call for liquidation on here.

Anyone got Tony Martin's number?

Cripes ..... not a good mental image to start the day ..... Rallyboy in a Pamela Stephenson wig .... :scared:

But her solution of "Cut off their Goolies, rip em off" would solve some of the inbreeding problems that they seem to have :D

I've been thinking the same but I also wonder why 'someone' representing the players hasn't refuted the constant 'drip drip' of "the players will get nothing if the club is liquidated" mantra.

If the general public could see categorically that the players would receive some compensation from either the FL, PP and/or PFA then they could vent their spleen at the authorities for creating such a 'rock and a hardplace' situation for the players in the first place.

Without someone refuting the cry that the the players will receive nothing if the club is liquidated it comes across as the players being simply vindictive, which of course is precisely what "the phew" want the public to believe....

Either it's true or it isn't.

Which?

At least for the moment the players can get away with the "Trevor Birch has not managed to sell us" line. What would be the reaction of the few if one of the players said "My agent has told me that I will get more money via the parachute payments if I hanging around until the club dies"?

haven't got time to deal with Avram's stirring passion as the real world is calling on my time...

But there was never going to be any doubt about Ben Haim driving by, he is the cartoon villain in the panto, and for that reason has to be seen as uncaring - no doubt he was dressed from head to toe in black and wore a hat crafted from murdered puppies.

It's all part of the cliched script that will be lapped up by the gullible.

Next chapter should be some loyal plucky hero talking to the crowd, who have rolled up three years too late.

yawn.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})