Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@officialpompey: Portsmouth Football Club statement: http://t.co/fM0i90Vk #pompey

Portsmouth FC Commences Redundancy Consultation

The administrators of Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Ltd have this afternoon commenced consultation with staff at the club about possible redundancies.

Trevor Birch, a partner at PKF and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, said: “Under the terms of the CVA that was agreed with creditors at the end of June, Portpin agreed to complete its purchase of the club on the condition that the wage bill was reduced through player sales and compromise agreements.

We have made progress in this respect over the past few weeks but there is still more that needs to be done if the club is to meet the pre-conditions for Portpin’s purchase. Time is running out and, unless I can see a greater probability of player sales and compromises being completed in the near-term, the purchase will not go ahead and the club will have to close.

“We have spoken to all of the club’s staff and players and started a redundancy consultation period. I sincerely hope that we can complete the sale of the club and avoid the need for redundancies – and I will continue to do all I can to safeguard the future of the club – but I believe that staff need to be aware of the situation so that they have as much of an opportunity as possible to explore other options.

“This has been an incredibly difficult time for the staff, many of whom have loyally served the club for a number of years, and I recognise that it is extremely upsetting for them. Today’s announcement is not in any way a reflection on them – in fact, I’m sure that we would not have got this far without their support.”

Edited by trousers

And so the hounding begins....didn't expect it from an upstanding BBC journalist though....

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport With staff at #pompey now facing redundancy, some of the greedy senior players holding out for cash they don't need should be ashamed

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport I'm not saying #pompey owners and boardroom's aren't responsible for mess, but NOW as things stand, there are players who could save jobs >>

Edited by trousers

I tell you what, there's no flies on old trev.... Sharp as knife that bloke.

Should be an intresting conversation when he explains to his boss, that liabilities have gone up since he took the reigns.

Sterling work agent Birch, take your seat next to Peter.... No not that one, that's where Al Farahj is sitting

And there's more....not a pretty sight....

Liam Buckler ‏@Liam_Buckler @GregHalford15 why can't you comprehend as a pompey player that you have to leave NOW? If you/ teammates fail to grasp this then we're dead

Mick Williams ‏@mickwill @Liam_Buckler@GregHalford15 and players will get NOTHING in liquidation as well as everyone else. Sad times! #Pompey

Phill Russell ™ ‏@Phill_Russell Those 8 senior players should be ashamed of themselves. Poor staff being sacrificed once again. Players aren't bigger than the club #Pompey

Liam Buckler ‏@Liam_Buckler @mickwill@GregHalford15 baffles me that there are players still left. Oh, you really love the club? It really shows it. Ridiculous #pompey

Greg Miles ‏@Greg_KOS_sport If #Pompey get liquidated because 8 already well paid footballers don't want to lower their wages demands, they will have to go into hiding.

Russell ‏@RussellSFC Ben Haim remains on £35k per week yet normal members of staff of #Pompey get made redundant, absolute disgrace.

Edited by trousers

Its actually worse than you have shown it Qwerty. They are not having their 20p reduced to 2p in the pound. They are having 2p of their 20p, which equates to 0.4p.

If you were owed a million before you would have got 200k.... that 200k, is now 4 grand.

It really is disgraceful - Yet still employing a new coach and the biggest insult is employing those on 20k A WEEK whilst knowing they owed this much to so many - and now offering a measly 0.4p to people who traded in honest ways yet get shafted again to help the club out - The Brass nerve really is unbelievable

Did we ever get to a definitive answer on here as to whether the players would get anything from another source (PFA, Parachute Payments, FL, etc) if Pompey go into liquidation?

I seem to recall it being as inconclusive as ever the last time it discussed

Pathetic behaviour by the bestest and the local media.

If BBC Solent had to make cut backs and if Adam left meant they could keep two others in a job would he leave? Of course not. Easy for people like him and Neil to slag off the players. WHy not have a go at Chinny and ask him to drop the debt he is owed? Just shows how far they have fallen that they are blamming the players now.

They just brought in some new staff and took a bunch of people not connected to the club to Spain in the hope they will woo them into signing. How about using that money to pay the charities instead?

As far as i'm concerned I hope they go under as at no point have they ever put the blame on the people who deserved it i.e the management and the owners. Rather then hounding out the players they should be having a go at the owners.

No doubt this will be the excuse they use to pull out of the deal when in reality the FL statement recently was probably the real reason why Chinny wants to pull out.

Did we ever get to a definitive answer on here as to whether the players would get anything from another source (PFA, Parachute Payments, FL, etc) if Pompey go into liquidation?

I seem to recall it being as inconclusive as ever the last time it discussed

The only update we've had was Scudamore evading the question, but then confirming that the Parachute payments, could be diverted to pay football creditors.

I think the players are covered.

The only update we've had was Scudamore evading the question, but then confirming that the Parachute payments, could be diverted to pay football creditors.

I think the players are covered.

So why is there an impartial BBC reporter saying they won't get anything....? (that's a bit of a rhetorical question)

Is Adam Blackmore a Skate? Always seems to stick up for those lot down the road.

I think he is aware that if Pompey go under he will have to make cuts with his commentary team with no Pompey professional football games to cover.

Possible conflict of interest for BBC Radio Solent in their reporting of this?

Edited by Matthew Le God

PLEASE REMEMBER - PFC agreed to pay players 20k a week - whilst already owing millions why should the BBC and especially the snooze ( who are owed over £20,000 from CVA 1 ) want to have a poor old Pompy attitude - when these honest individuals and business get 0.4 pence - where is the moral stance - ok to shaft and rip off the public now want to turn over the ones they lorded over - Please just put this club down FFS

3478176_normal.png FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod @bigadamsport Will BBC Radio Solent need to lay off staff if there are no Portsmouth games to cover? Conflict of interests?

200px-Pukka_Pies_normal.jpg Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

@MatthewLeGod Get a bloody grip - the whole world isn't a conspiracy theory!!

:)

Why has Mr Blackmore not been commenting upon the people who have already lost thousands of pounds whilst being associated with a "Professional Football Club" -

No, this cannot be right, are the bestest really turning on their own players ? Were'nt these the same bestest fans applauding the same group of Appy's plucky loyal warriors / heroes / soldiers for turning down moves in January ? It's funny the things people will do or say when the reality of their predicament becomes apparent, syill the cup win was worth it all....

Gary Bell ‏@pompeygary @GregHalford15 There will be blood on the streets if the club fold. #Pompey

Mike Onslow ‏@MikeOnslow @pn_neil_allen Is it right that it's so easy for #Pompey to fire honest hard-working staff and impossible to fire money grabbing players?

colinfarmery1_normal.jpg Colin Farmery ‏@colinfarmery @MikeOnslow@pn_neil_allen Players are staff too... #Pompey

Edited by trousers

Gary Bell ‏@pompeygary @GregHalford15 There will be blood on the streets if the club fold. #Pompey

Its going to get very nasty for the players and this public outburst of hatred of the players is just shameful. How come no one has Tweeted about the small self employed sole traders who's bill of £6,000 is now worth a few quid. Where were the bestest fans then ??? . When they signed Kitson and the other bloke upon a combined £160,000 a MONTH - when small business were being shafted and just dumped on the scrap heap - 6k may not sound like a lot of money but the ramifications of that 6k not EVER being paid - yet still whinge about their hero's now needing to F))) Off with the same treatment is just shameful -

I wish some one in the media would explain to me how these fans actions are deemed to be justified !!!!!!!!!!

Mike Onslow ‏@MikeOnslow @pn_neil_allen Is it right that it's so easy for #Pompey to fire honest hard-working staff and impossible to fire money grabbing players?

colinfarmery1_normal.jpg Colin Farmery ‏@colinfarmery @MikeOnslow@pn_neil_allen Players are staff too... #Pompey

Classy

Its going to get very nasty for the players and this public outburst of hatred of the players is just shameful. How come no one has Tweeted about the small self employed sole traders who's bill of £6,000 is now worth a few quid. Where were the bestest fans then ??? . When they signed Kitson and the other bloke upon a combined £160,000 a MONTH - when small business were being shafted and just dumped on the scrap heap - 6k may not sound like a lot of money but the ramifications of that 6k not EVER being paid - yet still whinge about their hero's now needing to F))) Off with the same treatment is just shameful -

I wish some one in the media would explain to me how these fans actions are deemed to be justified !!!!!!!!!!

Come on dont be too harsh that 6K will now be nearly be able to buy a ticket to watch the bestest team in League 1. Well worth going out of business for that :D

No, this cannot be right, are the bestest really turning on their own players ? Were'nt these the same bestest fans applauding the same group of Appy's plucky loyal warriors / heroes / soldiers for turning down moves in January ? It's funny the things people will do or say when the reality of their predicament becomes apparent, syill the cup win was worth it all....

People pay good money to watch films depicting chains of events like these. And we're getting it all for free right now as it happens, I'm loving it!

PLEASE REMEMBER - PFC agreed to pay players 20k a week - whilst already owing millions why should the BBC and especially the snooze ( who are owed over £20,000 from CVA 1 ) want to have a poor old Pompy attitude - when these honest individuals and business get 0.4 pence - where is the moral stance - ok to shaft and rip off the public now want to turn over the ones they lorded over - Please just put this club down FFS

Seconded. Good post

Come on dont be too harsh that 6K will now be nearly be able to buy a ticket to watch the bestest team in League 1. Well worth going out of business for that :D

I know :) But that 6k would have come in handy for my nephews company - luckily the non payment of ANYTHING has not had to much of a knock on effect for him - however for others its the straw that broke the camels back - Still never mind i'm sure Appy is as Appy as any thing in Spain offering contracts to the string of players on a free holiday - I wonder how many are that dumb to believe any thing that comes out of Fratton park ... Come on just administer the last dose and close it down

And there's more....not a pretty sight....

Liam Buckler ‏@Liam_Buckler @GregHalford15 why can't you comprehend as a pompey player that you have to leave NOW? If you/ teammates fail to grasp this then we're dead

Mick Williams ‏@mickwill @Liam_Buckler@GregHalford15 and players will get NOTHING in liquidation as well as everyone else. Sad times! #Pompey

Phill Russell ™ ‏@Phill_Russell Those 8 senior players should be ashamed of themselves. Poor staff being sacrificed once again. Players aren't bigger than the club #Pompey

Liam Buckler ‏@Liam_Buckler @mickwill@GregHalford15 baffles me that there are players still left. Oh, you really love the club? It really shows it. Ridiculous #pompey

Greg Miles ‏@Greg_KOS_sport If #Pompey get liquidated because 8 already well paid footballers don't want to lower their wages demands, they will have to go into hiding.

Russell ‏@RussellSFC Ben Haim remains on £35k per week yet normal members of staff of #Pompey get made redundant, absolute disgrace.

Careful, some of those are 'ours'

I know :) But that 6k would have come in handy for my nephews company - luckily the non payment of ANYTHING has not had to much of a knock on effect for him - however for others its the straw that broke the camels back - Still never mind i'm sure Appy is as Appy as any thing in Spain offering contracts to the string of players on a free holiday - I wonder how many are that dumb to believe any thing that comes out of Fratton park ... Come on just administer the last dose and close it down

This £6k is probably a lot more than that to the company owed it. Lets say they purchased £2k worth of materials to do a job on the ground and then paid a couple of their staff to go and do the job and they expected to be making £2k 'profit' towards the other costs of running the company, including their own salary. Its not £6k its over £10k. The debt figure and the actual economic impact are very different.

Anyway, back to Pompey's penultimate game...

@officialpompey: #Pompey team v Gibraltar: Eastwood; Dumbuya, Webster, Magri, Harley; Sam, Gillett, Howard, Lopez; McLeod, Rodgers

subs: Preece, Westwood, Colson, Butler, Wallace, Harris, Thompson

It would be interesting to know how many people have lost there jobs because of Pompey. Terry Clarkes company (Terry The Builder) used to be in Quayside Rd in Bitterne, they went to the wall about a year ago. How many more companies need to go bust before the skates are put down.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})