Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I discovered The Lounge because it was here. I also think it has developed a cult following and enabled some Skates to take part as well, I genuinely think we have had a better quality debate / campaign as a result.

Maybe we can advertise the thread on the main board.

What a sad event.

What a disgraceful moment in the life of PTS.

We've had to resort to advertising this thread.

Whatever next?

Still, I auppose it gives us nutjobs a moment to pause and think what to do with our lives once the Bell Tolls for the final time down the road.

One route eems to have disappeared, has anyone seen or heard from Crabby since he volunteered to take on the epic task of writing the PTS Biography?

I have these recurring dreams of Corpy sitting in his Barbie Pram throwing out his toys which then morph into thousands of pages of paper which are burying this Crab shaped Futurama Squid thing in his underwater hotel room.

I can't believe it could all be coming to an end.

Ah, phew, of course that's it! This IS the thread where the insanely impossible happens every other day. We've been getting this wrong, of COURSE they will be saved at the last moment, Old Nick can get back on track and we can happily record their falll past Moneyfields.

God Bless the morning after Beer Festivals

Don't forget that even if they do survive into the season proper, they'll potentially have 5 years of fiscal purgatory enforced by the FL. { "Agree to a range of other restrictions on playing budgets, future borrowing and loan repayments for the next 5 seasons." }

How much will these additional demands influence any new buyers tempted out by the restriction on the amount of secured liability carried forward ?

That's the clincher, and could cause a Football Revolution

ie Football Clubs actually living WITHIN their means, NOT the Never Never £5 down and £1 a week for the next 1000 years policy

What a sad event.

What a disgraceful moment in the life of PTS.

We've had to resort to advertising this thread.

Whatever next?

Still, I auppose it gives us nutjobs a moment to pause and think what to do with our lives once the Bell Tolls for the final time down the road.

One route eems to have disappeared, has anyone seen or heard from Crabby since he volunteered to take on the epic task of writing the PTS Biography?

I have these recurring dreams of Corpy sitting in his Barbie Pram throwing out his toys which then morph into thousands of pages of paper which are burying this Crab shaped Futurama Squid thing in his underwater hotel room.

I can't believe it could all be coming to an end.

Ah, phew, of course that's it! This IS the thread where the insanely impossible happens every other day. We've been getting this wrong, of COURSE they will be saved at the last moment, Old Nick can get back on track and we can happily record their falll past Moneyfields.

God Bless the morning after Beer Festivals

Well after advertising, I suggest that we monetise the thread, prior to going for an IPO. Divvy up the loot based upon the number of posts.

There are degrees of rule breaking, they have not broken the CVA rule by the letter of the law, only the spirit, so the punishment is there to indicate that both are worthy of sanctions, not that they are the same offences.

Absolutely. The lovely people at the FL explain it quite well:

Under the new CVA these claims would be further compromised to less than one penny in the pound without creditors having the opportunity to indicate whether they find this acceptable. This is because the claims rest in the liquidation of the previous company and the liquidator of that company has voted to accept the terms of the new CVA.

Therefore, the Board were faced with the prospect of numerous unsecured creditors receiving less than one penny in the pound, without having the opportunity to indicate their satisfaction (or otherwise) in the normal way. In the Board's view, these arrangements do not respect a key principle of The Football League's Insolvency Policy (as described above in b).

It's somehow similar to our minus 10: yes you found a loophole but we'll adjust the rules to punish you how we deem it fit

As TCWTB decides on his own fate, worries over the cost of laser treatment to remove all of his tacky tattoos, whilst crying into his transvestite friends shoulders....meanwhile, Saints spend another few million quid on some new, young, raw talent (that we can afford)....Life is tough. Don't jump Jonny!

SACHA Gaydamak will still pay back money owed over Pompey’s scrapped plans for a new training ground after his firm went into administration.

That’s the view of Gosport Borough Council leader Mark Hook, who insists the former Pompey owner is still under an agreement to pay back cash over a failed deal to build a multi-million training facility at Cherque Farm, Lee-on-the-Solent.

Questions were raised this week whether the authority will receive the full amount its owed after Mr Gaydamak’s firm Miland Development 2004 was placed into administration.

In 2008, the authority gave the go-ahead for Pompey to locate its training ground on land earmarked for building firm Persimmon Homes.

The deal meant the council had to pay back £330,000 to the developer which had been required to give the cash as part of a legal agreement to provide leisure amenities in the area.

But, with Pompey currently in administration, the training ground plan has been abandoned.

Cllr Hook confirmed Mr Gaydamak reached an ‘unconditional agreement’ with the council to pay back the funds following a court case last year.

Cllr Hook said: ‘There are two instalments of £50,000 due, one at the end of July and the other in October.

‘We have an unconditional agreement with Sacha Gaydamak that if the company didn’t pay, he will pay the amounts himself, so we are quietly confident we will get the money we are owed one way or another.

‘As far as I am concerned, we will be pursuing Mr Gaydamak for the money.

‘He has been very honourable up to now. He has paid back all payments and cannot see any reason why that couldn’t continue.

‘My legal people are looking into the situation, but there has been no contact at the moment.’

Bridgemary North councillor Dennis Wright added: ‘Without doubt the council will receive that money. It’s the duty of the council to try and get that money back in the taxpayers’ interest.

‘I would still like to see a training ground go ahead but there is not much chance of that now.

‘I remember meeting Peter Storrie and Harry Redknapp on that site and they thought it was a wonderful place to have one, but it’s gone pear-shaped since.’

A spokesman for Miland Development 2004 administrators David Rubin & Partners LLP would not comment.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/futacs-makes-foxes-switch-1-4057007

Pompey have missed out on Marko Futacs after he agreed to join Leicester.

Pompey will receive compensation for the striker from Leicester, however.

They are entitled to receive a payment after they offered the player a contract and with Futacs under the age of 24.

Pompey did not hear back from Futacs and his representatives, paving the way for his exit.

Appleton said a clause in the player’s contract had been activated earlier this year to give him a year’s extension to his initial agreement.

That was never the case, however, and Futacs was eventually offered a deal on reduced terms, which he passed up.

Sounds more like to me that pompey went back on their agreement as it appears they did not give him an extra year on his initial agreement but instead offered him reduced terms which, one would assume, would mean a new contract? Suspect Leicester could easily challenge any compensation claim.

I see three likely outcomes.

1.Chinny goes bonkers and desperately tries to keep his debt alive and keeps the life support switched on.

2.Chinny cuts his losses and forces liquidation.

3.Chinny goes bonkers, takes a massive haircut and full Brazilian, and allows the Trust to take control.

It is very clear that today the club is on the ground, seriously injured and at the mercy of creditors.

Should they survive, will we see humble apologies and public votes of thanks to those who have written off debts?

Experience says will we ****!

History will be rewritten, yet more new myths will be born.

Whatever form of afc pompey emerges from the debris and shame will be rebranded as the plucky club that battled it's way back to non-league glory against the odds.

The debts will be swept under the carpet, the victims and charities will be airbrushed away, we will just be left with the folk storries of the fans who never gave up, the packed parks, terrified opponents crumbling under crowd pressure, the nasty league punishing them twice for the same offence, and the glorious final victory of the club that never surrendered at fortress Tesco.

Their Trust will lead our national game into a new era, forcing others to rethink how they do business, they will shake the very foundations of Lancaster Gate - it will be people power reclaiming the football arenas of Britain and the world!

This version of events may even be accompanied by a motivational poster showing UnAppy and Avram in some sort of dark homo-erotic gladiator pose.

Either way it will gloss over the uncomfortable facts - it's been that way for the last few years, I see no reason for change.

So if any of you nutjobs are expecting some sort of personality U-turn from the gobby few, don't be surprised when a year from now we are hearing a VERY different version of events.

It will be how THEY told the league what would be happening, how they sold Kanu on their terms, how thousands of fans forced the Prem into backtracking, how the loyal lads embarked on a pioneering total football strategy revolutionising the world game using teenagers from their amazing academy. :uhoh:

That's why this PTS record of events isn't just the ranting and guesswork of random loons, it's an important historical document and needs to be written out in long hand by someone...perhaps with monks doing those nice big twirly letters and gold leaf at the start of each post.

All this stopped being funny a long time ago.

You can only fry so many ants before it stops being fun and starts being just cruel.

I just want Pompey dead now. Fratton Park demolished and see a new Portsmouth rival emerge at Moneyfields.

This thread is now beyond cloating and "schadenfreude". It's just cruel now, to see the death of a rival.

Let that rotten corpse of a club die.

I've spoken to quite a few of the few recently who just want a club to support which is untainted by the past goings on. They accept their punishment as just, in the same way that many Sants fans did when the FL did for us. They would rather start again.

I've spoken to quite a few of the few recently who just want a club to support which is untainted by the past goings on. They accept their punishment as just, in the same way that many Sants fans did when the FL did for us. They would rather start again.

But how recently did they come to that view?

I can't see the League letting this drag on much past the end of the 28 day CVA deadline. I would have thought there is already an informal deadline on or around the 26th July conditional on Chanrai's total acceptance of the League conditions and moving to finalise the purchase of PFC -10 without delay, or alternatively an accepable offer completed by PST at that time. If there isn't an acceptable third party offer by then there would have to be an immediate decision by the League to withdraw any offer of a place in division 1 so that team 24 is placed in div 1 and a div 2 / Conference alteration carried out.

Edited by derry

Their Trust will lead our national game into a new era, forcing others to rethink how they do business, they will shake the very foundations of Lancaster Gate - it will be people power reclaiming the football arenas of Britain and the world!

So if any of you nutjobs are expecting some sort of personality U-turn from the gobby few, don't be surprised when a year from now we are hearing a VERY different version of events.

It will be how THEY told the league what would be happening, how they sold Kanu on their terms, how thousands of fans forced the Prem into backtracking, how the loyal lads embarked on a pioneering total football strategy revolutionising the world game using teenagers from their amazing academy. :uhoh:

That's why this PTS record of events isn't just the ranting and guesswork of random loons, it's an important historical document and needs to be written out in long hand by someone...perhaps with monks doing those nice big twirly letters and gold leaf at the start of each post.

According to the Poopey Trust, it was their lobbying that has brought about this seies of sanctions from the FL, oh! and their MP'S putting pressure on Government (I thought politics wasn't allowed to get involved with sport). So! all the blue phew will have the trust to thank for their final outcome.

I can't see the League letting this drag on much past the end of the 28 day CVA deadline. I would have thought there is already an informal deadline on or around the 26th July conditional on Chanrai's total acceptance of the League conditions and moving to finalise the purchase of PFC -10 without delay, or alternatively an accepable offer completed by PST at that time. If there isn't an acceptable third party offer by then there would have to be an immediate decision by the League to withdraw any offer of a place in division 1 so that team 24 is placed in div 1 and a div 2 / Conference alteration carried out.

PST haven't submitted an offer yet. The full process would have to be followed if they did but an offer in.

They have already made a start on avram

Aristotle-Marginalia.jpeg

PST haven't submitted an offer yet. The full process would have to be followed if they did but an offer in.

They really have run out of time. It would need the guarantee of completion and an administrators guarantee of continuing until completion for the Football League to accept them. PST have run out of time, Chanrai has to **** or get off the pot. Unless something comes out of left field I can't see anything but liquidation.

Interested to know how Corps views all this.

Perhaps he accepts that the majority of posters on here have a much better idea what is going on at PFC than the ITK contact he regularly sees on a social basis

Alternatively the animosity he regularly displayed towards us all has finally consumed him.

Pompey have been given category 3 status for their academy under the EPPP for 2012/13.

No longer will their academy play Arsenal, Saints, West Ham, Chelsea etc in a league. They are now playing - Luton, Aldershot, AFC Wimbledon, Bournemouth, Crawley, Gillingham, Southend, Dagenham & Redbridge, Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Northampton, Peterborough and Stevenage.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/home/Academy-Opposition-Confirmed-3527.aspx

Edited by Matthew Le God

Once we finally get closure, ( July 31st is my pick ), a copy of this thread should be lodged in the National Archives at Kew. As you say, a document of great historical importance; an example of the finest investigative journalism ( or at least how spending just 5 minutes on t'Interweb can expose sham sheikhs and bent russian bankers ); great comedy ( ranging from the satire of RallyBoy to the delusion of Corp Whore ); a three year degree course in Business (mis)Management; evidence as to why politics and sport should never mix; and overall it shows how the Wibbly Wobbly Web can act as communications medium that unites the 4 corners of the world, ( or at least Glasgow, Denmark, Australia, and Dubai ! ).

Interested to know how Corps views all this.

Perhaps he accepts that the majority of posters on here have a much better idea what is going on at PFC than the ITK contact he regularly sees on a social basis

Alternatively the animosity he regularly displayed towards us all has finally consumed him.

I think Corpy disappeared when it finally dawned on him that his increasingly desperate attempts to defend the indefensible had truly descended into farce. Of course the tragedy for him, and those that think like him, is that the rest of us had twigged long ago :lol:

@pn_neil_allen: RT @SjMaskell: Interesting comments on article re #Pompey's Minus 10 here: http://t.co/yNFMSh8g

Yet despite fan feeling it is hard to say that sanctions against the club, as a business, are not deserved. Few fans would disagree that to continually duck out of paying what is owed is acceptable from any business, and certainly not one run on greed as cynically and without proper care as has been the case at Portsmouth Football Club

And, yet again, the sterling efforts of the PTS nutjobs fails to attract any credit...

The bigger surprise is the openness with which the conditions have been announced. It was said that conditions were imposed on Portpin on exit from administration in October 2010, but no detail was known. One wonders if the current re-convening of the Department for Media and Sport’s Enquiry into Football Governance may be a contributory factor. Increasing calls for greater transparency in football governance, from MPs, from Supporter Groups, in particular the Trust movement, and for an end to the culture of debt, may have all paid their part. There is no doubt that a section of Pompey’s support have become more inquiring about the behaviour of club owners in recent months, particularly after the demise of CSI.

Shame they weren't as inquisitive 3 years ago...

Hark! Stable doors closing over yonder valley...

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/non-league-football/hawk-ryan-relishing-pompey-reunion-1-4057157

Do you think 'Special' Neil made this bit up.....?

‘I was there at the club for the rest of the season and would train with the first team.

‘All of them, apart from Tal Ben Haim, were brilliant. People like Liam Lawrence and Hayden Mullins would pull me aside to give advice, which was really appreciated.

Pompey have been given category 3 status for their academy under the EPPP.

No longer will their academy play Arsenal, Saints, West Ham, Chelsea etc in a league. They are now playing - Luton, Aldershot, AFC Wimbledon, Bournemouth, Crawley, Gillingham, Southend, Dagenham & Redbridge, Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Northampton, Peterborough and Stevenage.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/home/Academy-Opposition-Confirmed-3527.aspx

Oh how funny. Must say I'm surprised they even got that, although presumably there'd be a level beyond which they can't sink for procedural reasons

Monday 23rd is, I believe D-day for the 28-day cooling off period for the CVA. Presumably at that moment Chinny has to say whether he is in or out & the PST have to put up or shut up. And if Chinny is out, that gives the PST two weeks to sort out everything before golden share day. An interesting few weeks ahead.

Pompey have been given category 3 status for their academy under the EPPP for 2012/13.

Oh how funny. Must say I'm surprised they even got that, although presumably there'd be a level beyond which they can't sink for procedural reasons

Level 4 is a under 18's team only. If they were given that status, they would have to pack in the under 8's to under 16's.

Some clubs have been forced to do that already for money reasons...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18278621

Given Pompey's lack of money, maybe they should be level 4 aswell.

Sorry, you must be wrong.

Can you please double check all your sources on this one?

After all, it was only last week that the News were declaring that Pompey had a world class academy wasn't it? Surely they'd never be wrong....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/non-league-football/hawk-ryan-relishing-pompey-reunion-1-4057157

Do you think 'Special' Neil made this bit up.....?

‘I was there at the club for the rest of the season and would train with the first team.

‘All of them, apart from Tal Ben Haim, were brilliant. People like Liam Lawrence and Hayden Mullins would pull me aside to give advice, which was really appreciated.

Even if the guy did actually say that, it's very irresponsible reporting to actually say that in print.

He needs to be hauled up for that.

If any fan takes it on himself to confront, abuse, threaten or (god forbid) assault TBH, Mr Allen will have played a significant role and be responsible

His behaviour and reporting has moved from moronic to dangerous

Monday 23rd is, I believe D-day for the 28-day cooling off period for the CVA. Presumably at that moment Chinny has to say whether he is in or out & the PST have to put up or shut up. And if Chinny is out, that gives the PST two weeks to sort out everything before golden share day. An interesting few weeks ahead.

I've still got a hunch that 'someone else' will arrive on the scene if/when Chainrai calls it a day.

I've still got a hunch that 'someone else' will arrive on the scene if/when Chainrai calls it a day.

Admit it Trousers, you've found your old Post Office savings book at the bottom of the drawer and there's 6 pounds, 4 shillings and tuppence-hapenny you'd forgotten you had. Have you had the interest made up? That should do it..

What's that coming over the hill? Is it the cavalry coming to the rescue? No it 'hero' Avram!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/avram-s-message-to-appy-1-4057006

"‘It’s a wonderful football club with wonderful supporters. It’s a club which shows the English way better than any other.

‘It represents England better than Chelsea – better than any club."

Nurse! Facepalm for Trousers!

What's that coming over the hill? Is it the cavalry coming to the rescue? No it 'hero' Avram!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/avram-s-message-to-appy-1-4057006

Only on Portsea Island could dear old Avram become an "iconic figure" (as the News puts it). Not only did he get the Skates relegated, he would have done so without any nine-point penalty. In fact, they'd have finished bottom even if the nine points had been given back. And yet, because he came out with a load of guff about bestest fans and spirit, Grant is seen as a hero by the few. You really couldn't make it up.

Only on Portsea Island could dear old Avram become an "iconic figure" (as the News puts it). Not only did he get the Skates relegated, he would have done so without any nine-point penalty. In fact, they'd have finished bottom even if the nine points had been given back. And yet, because he came out with a load of guff about bestest fans and spirit, Grant is seen as a hero by the few. You really couldn't make it up.

Exactly. It would be like Steve Wigley becoming an iconic Southampton figure.

Mind you they really don't have anyone else after Harry legged it and FA Cup hero Kanu decided to ask for the money he was actually owed...

Exactly. It would be like Steve Wigley becoming an iconic Southampton figure.

Mind you they really don't have anyone else after Harry legged it and FA Cup hero Kanu decided to ask for the money he was actually owed...

How come they havn't dragged the 1939 cup final win (we held it longer than anybody) up yet ?

SACHA Gaydamak will still pay back money owed over Pompey’s scrapped plans for a new training ground after his firm went into administration.

That’s the view of Gosport Borough Council leader Mark Hook, who insists the former Pompey owner is still under an agreement to pay back cash over a failed deal to build a multi-million training facility at Cherque Farm, Lee-on-the-Solent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes Mark, you'll definitely get your money back.

:lol:

It is difficult to grasp this 'wonderfully loyal' Pompey fans spin.

Since 1960 the average League crowd at Fratton park is 14,050 compared to 19,498 here and until 2001/2 Pompey had the larger capacity ground

Incidentally next year Saints will have an all time better average League attendance (from 1920/1) than Pompey.

A contact of mine who is a statistician has some more comparative info is anyone is interested

One interesting snippet is that when Pompey won the League in the early 50's their highest average attendance was 37,082 (1948/9) , in a 50,000 capacity ground!!!!!!!!!!