Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"The alternative for Portsmouth’s players is to be first in the queue of creditors, waiting for up to two years before they are paid out in the aftermath.

There is still time for them to make noble and honourable sacrifices, but Portsmouth’s Gang of Eight are not to blame if they see it through to the bitter end."

At last...an article that says the players won't necessarily get nothing and that they're not to blame either. I always had faith in that rag...

Edited by trousers

@officialpompey: Update from administrators: http://t.co/9Rn9ZjV0 #pompey

“We will continue to do all we can to facilitate these deals but the club’s future hinges on the willingness of certain players and their agents to sign up to compromise agreements that are affordable both in terms of the amount and timing of repayments.

Which can be read as they are prepared to go but not on the pittance and/or the never never which is all I can offer.

RSS

Portsmouth FC: Update From Administrators

The administrators of Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Ltd confirmed that the club is likely to have no alternative but to close on August 10 unless the remaining senior first team players agree to transfers and/or sign wage compromise deals.

Trevor Birch, a partner at PKF and joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, said: “The facts are straightforward: under the terms of the offer for the club, in order to complete the CVA proposal, the players have to leave and conclude compromise settlements.

“This condition has been imposed by the Pompey Supporters’ Trust as well as by Portpin – both interested parties have made it clear that they won’t take on the club unless there is movement by the players.

“We will continue to do all we can to facilitate these deals but the club’s future hinges on the willingness of certain players and their agents to sign up to compromise agreements that are affordable both in terms of the amount and timing of repayments.

“Unless we make significant progress on this front by August 10, then we are likely to have no option other than to close the club.

“We are making good progress with three or four players but despite many conversations and offers over the past few weeks, some players and agents still don’t understand what’s at stake here.

“If the club is liquidated, players will not be protected by the Football Creditor provisions. They will become ordinary unsecured creditors in a situation where there is unlikely to be any dividend.”

If they get away with compromise agreements thereby driving a coach and horses through the FC Rule I fully expect he golden share to be withheld banishing them to non league football anyway. Liquidation of the Corporate Vessel is sort of secondary in that scenario really. I just want to see justice done and for me thats them out of the football league

If they get away with compromise agreements thereby driving a coach and horses through the FC Rule I fully expect he golden share to be withheld banishing them to non league football anyway. Liquidation of the Corporate Vessel is sort of secondary in that scenario really. I just want to see justice done and for me thats them out of the football league

You are 100% right, it's cheating. It is also blackmail, I am tempted to write to the FL as the players have a case for the club bringing them into disrepute, as well as blackmail. This on top of a club trying to get away with sticking two fingers up at the football creadators rule, it would be like 1 rule for them and 1 for everyone else.

@pn_neil_allen: A few recent #Pompey player claims debunked? http://t.co/51I3lYBD

"Agent Pini Zahavi is no longer representing him in negotiations, although it is believed former Blues administrator Andrew Andronikou is advising instead."

:lol:

Just as encouraging, Erik Huseklepp is nearing a switch to Brann, although the sticking point centres on £1m Pompey still owe his former club Bari.

Someone should tell Bari to ask about football creditors and the unused parachute payments on liquidation.

You are 100% right, it's cheating. It is also blackmail, I am tempted to write to the FL as the players have a case for the club bringing them into disrepute, as well as blackmail. This on top of a club trying to get away with sticking two fingers up at the football creadators rule, it would be like 1 rule for them and 1 for everyone else.

Verbal and others raised this very point a while back. What was the point of the football authorities fighting for the retention of the football creditors rules in a court of law, and win the case, only for the likes of Portsmouth to come along and "emotionally blackmail" the very people the Football Creditors rule is designed to protect.

There's no point having a law that, when it comes to the crunch, can be side-stepped by players being pressurised into accepting compromises.

IMHO of course

Edited by trousers

In all of this speculation that the players will either, "get nothing on liquidation" or "will be paid from the remaining Parachute Payments" we're ignoring the elephant in the room. Obviously the players are being advised and are confident that they would be covered by the football creditors rule, with the funding coming from the PPs.

What would you do if you were faced with nothing or a negotiated settlement...you'd come to an agreement. It looks to me they are confident in their stance.

In all of this speculation that the players will either, "get nothing on liquidation" or "will be paid from the remaining Parachute Payments" we're ignoring the elephant in the room. Obviously the players are being advised and are confident that they would be covered by the football creditors rule, with the funding coming from the PPs.

What would you do if you were faced with nothing or a negotiated settlement...you'd come to an agreement. It looks to me they are confident in their stance.

The counter argument is that by leaving it as late as possible they may be hoping to force the hand of Birch/Chainrai to offer them a better deal than what they have currently been offered.

Q: You have been quoted as saying " Our costs are more than £1 million, which we will never recover." Can you enlighten us on this as it doesn't seem normal behaviour for an insolvency practitioner.

[in other words, why the f*** would you sustain an insolvent club with your own money? Do you expect to get these monies as a football creditor?]

A liquidator citing that he's incapable of recovering a debt due to his company is

1) A s hit liquidator

2) Revealing that he's expecting a liquidation

Going though the news article:

David Norris is today expected to follow Luke Varney out of the Fratton Park exit – but Michael Appleton’s Pompey rebuilding will remain on hold.

The midfielder is anticipated to finalise a move to either Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday, helping drive down the Blues’ wage bill to £7m.

Not Gone Yet

Just as encouraging, Erik Huseklepp is nearing a switch to Brann, although the sticking point centres on £1m Pompey still owe his former club Bari.

Not Gone Yet

In addition, Liam Lawrence has interest from two Championship clubs, although former suitors Cardiff are not believed to be one of them.

Not Gone Yet

Greg Halford has also voiced his intention to do best by Pompey and met members of SOS Pompey on Monday.

Not Gone Yet

Edited by pedg

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/no-green-light-for-pompey-1-4089837

MA time to shine

8:24 AM on 25/07/2012

Kitson will go or deal, anyway by itself won't be an issue for BC to come in, not sure about the Trust as they need to do 3 months more of collections to reach 5mill quid in cold hard ones. Now for TBH he is willing to do some kind of deal...become a free agent for 4mill quid paid over 4 years, its actually a bad luck deal for him 12mill quid for 4 years, clever Storrie nice piece of work, then just leaves Kanu, and Kanu will be a court case, settled out off court 300-400k in a year or 2 later.. also not an issue for now....liquidation over. Game on. Give MA the cheque please BC, lets go shopping

:facepalm:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-supporters-trust-ready-to-do-deals-with-high-earning-players-1-4090299

8:47 AM on 25/07/2012

to sort this whole mess out quickly with the players why doesn't the football league pay the difference over 5mill using the parachute payments, so if we get the wage bill down to 7mill we use 2 mill of the parachute payments.

*cough* because a certain "potential owner" would like to keep the parachute payments for themselves *cough*

But what if the "generous offer" to TBH is, nothing now, nothing for the next two years and then £1.5m per year for years three and four. On one hand that's £3m offered, but practically that's nothing as Pompey will be bust again before TBH ever sees a penny. So for TBH and the others the choice could be between nothing and a promise that is worth nothing.

But what if the "generous offer" to TBH is, nothing now, nothing for the next two years and then £1.5m per year for years three and four. On one hand that's £3m offered, but practically that's nothing as Pompey will be bust again before TBH ever sees a penny. So for TBH and the others the choice could be between nothing and a promise that is worth nothing.

Indeed, its clear that the cupboard is bare for paying anything up front and with Chainrai appearing not to want any future payments guaranteed its a fairly clear indicator that any such payments are not to be counted on.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=417:pst-statement-we-are-ready-to-save-pfc&catid=34:demo-category

PST has been working on its bid for four months, having organised the most successful fan pledge scheme of its type, which has raised a substantial seven-figure sum.

Have they actually raised a 7 figure sum, or do they just have pledges for a 7 figure sum? How long is it going to take them to collect all the money, after all they wanted the good folk of pompey to go and get credit for the club.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=417:pst-statement-we-are-ready-to-save-pfc&catid=34:demo-category

Have they actually raised a 7 figure sum, or do they just have pledges for a 7 figure sum? How long is it going to take them to collect all the money, after all they wanted the good folk of pompey to go and get credit for the club.

Maybe they have got one of their "High Net Worth/Low Common Sense" individuals to underwrite the collection of the pledges?

Someone should tell Bari to ask about football creditors and the unused parachute payments on liquidation.

what I would like to know is who is leaking the info about when / what deals have been offered to players - surely that is confidential???

Mark

Did anyone hear what birsh had to say on Radion Solent

Only 'newish' piece of info was he believes that ALL the high earning players need to go, it wont be enough to be left with just TBH and Kanu.... good luck with that then!

I personaly believe they will all go (maybe not Kanu as he's out of the country), it was all very well while the media storm was blowing at force 1 through the pages of the local News rag but now the story is headline news on SSN and being discussed 24/7 on national radio i think the pressure will be too great for the remaining players to hold out...and it will increase on a daily/hourly basis. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Only 'newish' piece of info was he believes that ALL the high earning players need to go, it wont be enough to be left with just TBH and Kanu.... good luck with that then!

I personaly believe they will all go (maybe not Kanu as he's out of the country), it was all very well while the media storm was blowing at force 1 through the pages of the local News rag but now the story is headline news on SSN and being discussed 24/7 on national radio i think the pressure will be too great for the remaining players to hold out...and it will increase on a daily/hourly basis. Hope I'm proved wrong.

If I was TBH I would probably claim that I was worried about my wellbeing and would be on the next plane to Israel.

... i think the pressure will be too great for the remaining players to hold out...and it will increase on a daily/hourly basis. Hope I'm proved wrong.

I think if you're a Pro Footballer in this position you're not going to be spending much time reading internet missives and listening to local news bulletins. If my wife's anything to go buy she can successfully avoid listening to anything about the PFC saga over the last two years...she has however asked me to let her know when it's all over.

And on another subject I reckon I could raise £700 in one night down my local pub.

I've seen you down _various_ pubs D, although admittedly on match days. I reckon £700 from any pre-match pub! The only problem is we've got to organise it for before the start of the season.

Haven't checked the € today but put me down for €10.

Harry riding into town?? :scared:

They need that like a school sports day needs Gary Glitter as the dressing room attendant.

The key for me regarding players getting paid post-liquidation is that their contracts revert to the Football League, so the football authorites have responsibility for their contracts.

Legally that's pretty clear cut I would have thought.

There is no way they will 'get nothing' - that's just a lie that is being spun out of desperation to pressure thick players.

Presumably the FL could also take 'compensation' payments from new clubs to offset any costs to pay the players up to date, rather than giving them away.

And let's repeat another little gem for the rest of the world who appear a little slow of thinking.

pompey were GIVEN money to pay these players, but they chose not to do that.

They have wasted it, bought even more players, used it as part of a money-laundering scheme, chucked it into a black hole, but chose not to use it for the purpose for which it was GIVEN to them.

This is not an unfortunate turn of events, it is criminal mismanagement and the result of a club blatantly gambling to gain a sporting advantage.

Twice!

They shot themselves in the foot, reloaded and shot themselves again, while merrily waving the cup in people's faces and sticking two fingers up at football - and now they want sympathy....:o

Yeah, good luck with that one.

and Gordon's more of a union representative that you'll ever be!

One thing that is puzzling, if BC does take ownership, will he be prepared to endorse the pay limits being banded about at the moment, the 5-6k per week plus add ons when the average league one salary is close to 1.5-2k per week mark?

quality over quantity

just the 2 players on 15k a week each , simples