Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

One thing that is puzzling, if BC does take ownership, will he be prepared to endorse the pay limits being banded about at the moment, the 5-6k per week plus add ons when the average league one salary is close to 1.5-2k per week mark?

As long as he's ring-fenced "what he's owed" then I'm sure he'll sanction anything.....hence this thread will run for another 2 years.....until Admin3.... (or is the next one No.4? I lose track....)

Edit: but on a serious note, one of the Football League's conditions of Chainrai taking over is that their transfer dealings are scrutinised by the Football League for the next 5 years.....

@jordansibley: @RadhijaidiOff He was last spotted hiding in Nigeria! What do you reckon, could he still do a job?!

:lol:

That's the spirit.

Dear Skates - we're doing everything we can to help in your time of trouble.

We've even instructed our African Representative to go find Kanu for you.

Yours Truly

Your Caring & Sharing friends from Southampton

As long as he's ring-fenced "what he's owed" then I'm sure he'll sanction anything.....hence this thread will run for another 2 years.....until Admin3.... (or is the next one No.4? I lose track....)

Edit: but on a serious note, one of the Football League's conditions of Chainrai taking over is that their transfer dealings are scrutinised by the Football League for the next 5 years.....

Transfer fees are one thing - they are only looking at frees (atm!), but why pay the players above the odds, afterall, the trialists so far aren't special (quality-wise) and we've got to hear how most players are honoured to play for the bestest.

The Pompey Supporters' Trust - which is attempting to buy the stricken club - has urged Portsmouth's players to meet them, to thrash out a deal.

Just seven senior players remain at the club but if they do not leave or reach a compromise on their wages Portsmouth will be forced to close on 10 August.

But the PST say they are still hopeful a deal can be done with the players.

"We urge the players to sit down with our representatives so we can explain our deal," said a PST statement.

Reminds me of Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks...

Why can't we all just sit down and get along.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18979636

oops sorry linky thingy

@officialpompey: Michael Appleton says #Pompey's pre-season defeat to Brighton means nothing: http://t.co/Dy8bJXYW

Funny that, after a couple of heavy defeats, they are now describes as a "makeshift bunch of teenagers and trialists", that's not what the mongs down the road were led to believe. They were told that these are the best prospects from the academy, that have earned the right to be part of the 1st XI; and the trialist had other offers from Champ and L1 clubs, but are desperate to play for them.

You can guarantee that if they had won either of those games, their OS and The News would be wetting themselves about how good the development squad is to produce such talent....etc etc blah blah.

It does a bit though really, doesn't it?

It always means something. In this case, it means that if they want to have any hope in League 1, he needs a lot of players and quickly, which he can't do until a buyer comes in, or they go pop. Or in other words: Pre-season is a bit of a waste of time for them. I'd call it Pre-Liquidation.

That's a mighty fine history airbrush that 'Arry's got there....

He told ESPN: "I will be ringing Kanu today to see if there is anything I can do. I signed him for Portsmouth on a one-year contract and Tony Adams told me: 'You must be mad, he is finished'. Six years later, he is still there.

"In the case of Tal Ben Haim, if players have a contract and are owed money, you can see why they think they should get it. But if the club closes down they won't get a penny. They need to think hard about that."

Redknapp also expressed hope that an investor to inject money into Portsmouth could be found, saying the club had spiralled since former owner Milan Mandric left Fratton Park.

He continued: "Portsmouth has got to be saved. It's a great club with great traditions. It would be a disaster if this club went out of business.

"It has great fans to the extent that, if you live in Portsmouth, you are a Portsmouth supporter. If you walk around in that town, you don't see people wearing Manchester United or Arsenal shirts.

"It is soul-destroying to see them in this predicament, and there must be a group of people out there or someone who could take over the club so cheaply and save them.

"I would love to see someone do that. Surely it cannot happen that Portsmouth go out of business. If someone did come in, the club could be resurrected quickly. It wouldn't take a lot to get it going again.

"I remember when Milan came in and bought the club all those years ago, they were looking to lock the gates then and go into administration - but he turned it all around and made it work.

"When he sold the club, it spiralled out of control. Balram Chainrai put a lot of money in, but he must think it is the worst investment he ever made in his life. But now it just needs some people who understand football and who can work with the players."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOjB_9sDlLo&feature=plcp

Apolllogees four teh speeeling misssteaks

Superb 2.0!

Really struggled to get through all those pages... everything is going swimmingly by the looks of things, im delighted.

Fat_controller.gif

Excellent.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120724/poll-are-portsmouth-worth-saving-177276

Keep up the good work people...

How does Harry know how to get hold of Kanu, when apparently everyone else has failed to raise him from his Nigerian hidey-hole?

Something doesn't ring true, and somebody is fibbing.

It's either Harry, who won't try or be able to get hold of him, or TB who claims he has tried and failed.

From F365's Mediawatch page today:

Portsmouth fans might be despairing. The club is on the verge of going out of business - and really, this time, not like those other 423 times they've been going out of business.

Trevor Birch has warned that they only have 16 more days unless senior players like Tal Ben Haim and Kanu come to a compromise over their outstanding wages.

And yet - what's that coming over the hill? No, it's not a monster, but Harry Redknapp, riding on a trusty steed, ready to save the day.

He told ESPN: "I will be ringing Kanu today to see if there is anything I can do. I signed him for Portsmouth on a one-year contract and Tony Adams told me: 'You must be mad, he is finished'. Six years later, he is still there."

So there you have it. The man who jazzed something like £40million on transfer fees and lord knows how much more in wages it turns out they couldn't afford during his time at Portsmouth (and that was just his second spell), as well as his assorted bonuses that Rosie the dog kindly held in escrow, is now lending a hand by having a word with Kanu.

Perhaps we're being a little unfair. Perhaps we shouldn't have a pop at a man who was told money was available and then spent it. Perhaps we should go easy on him.

However, take a look at what Harry said again, specifically about Kanu. "I signed him...Tony Adams told me: 'You must be mad, he is finished'. Six years later, he is still there."

Yeah, you were really proved right there Harry. What a shrewd move that turned out to be. If we were you, we wouldn't be taking credit for bringing in one of the men who, perhaps through no real moral fault of his own, is taking Portsmouth down.

:lol:

So what's Harry going to say? Hello, Kanu, I just rubbished you in the national media. Anything I can do to persuade you to give up a couple of mill?

I would have thought it was more "Hello Kanu, I've got an investment proposition for you, a banker it is, I just need some money up front for it to work so give me you're account details and I'll sort out the rest".

for all those who say 'this is fun, let them survive' I remember when they were minutes from liquidation before and MM came in and saved them. I was told then that they would never recover and be in the lower leagues. What happened they rose and we had to stomach their time in the sun and all the crowing the likes of Ho and co came at us with. All the time we argued about the club not affording it but still they put together a team of internationals and in turn had their glory. We have had our warning from history, let them be crushed and so the air of Hampshire is cleansed, the children of East Hants can be re-educated and they can see the light and become Saints not Skates.

for all those who say 'this is fun, let them survive' I remember when they were minutes from liquidation before and MM came in and saved them. I was told then that they would never recover and be in the lower leagues. What happened they rose and we had to stomach their time in the sun and all the crowing the likes of Ho and co came at us with. All the time we argued about the club not affording it but still they put together a team of internationals and in turn had their glory. We have had our warning from history, let them be crushed and so the air of Hampshire is cleansed, the children of East Hants can be re-educated and they can see the light and become Saints not Skates.

Are you suggesting the Football League won't enforce the 5 years of financial scrutiny that they have imposed on the next owner?

Actually, on second thoughts.....Football League? Enforce sanctions? Ok, you make a very good point sir. Let the hoodlums die!

How does Harry know how to get hold of Kanu, when apparently everyone else has failed to raise him from his Nigerian hidey-hole?

Something doesn't ring true, and somebody is fibbing.

It's either Harry, who won't try or be able to get hold of him, or TB who claims he has tried and failed.

Easy.

He rings Jordan Sibley, who has already got Jaidi on the case

(as posted earlier today from JS's Twitter account)

Haha I can hear allen screaming and swearing from here.

I can't ,he's blocked me on twitter.

i went too far, when he tweeted reference some fans chanting abuse at TBH......i tweeted "well you did encourage threats on message boards reference Kanu,Lawrence etc,"he replied "yes that was me.well done miss "

i responded,"you should be ashamed of you're so called journalism .

trousers

wrote

rdan Cross ‏@pn_jordan_cross Looks like sympathy for #Pompey has worn thin. Fifty Eight per cent on a national radio station poll say the club IS NOT worth saving #WWND

The other 42% said Who

To be fair, thanks to multiple browsers / PCs / locations, at least 9 of those 'NO' votes were me. :rolleyes:

They racked up millions of pounds worth of debt, and got away with it once. They then adopted the same strategy and expect people to feel sorry for them again. As much as I agree a club needs it's rivals, the law is the law, and they need to be taught a lesson. They need to be liquidated/sent down to BSS (at highest). It's not fair on the fans who have done nothing to contribute to this, but that's the world we live in.

If it was you or I that owned our own business and we racked up thousands of pounds worth of debt we couldn't pay, we'd be shut down.

The skates keep going on about how the "fit and proper" test failed them. It looks only for previous of Fraud, Embezzlment etc, not how the person intends to run the club or how much money they are willing to invest.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the football club.

Now there's a conundrum...who would you trust more...a proposition from Harry or a proposition from a prospective Nigerian millionaire?:)

Well, judging by the number of emails I get from the latter, and allowing for the fact that they can't ALL be fake (surely?), then I'd go with them...

Well nutjobs.

I'm in a right conundrum now. Off to Bangkok tonight to try and source some "Official PTS Nutjob" Tee Shirts.

We booked the trip WAY back in January when we were sure it would all be over by now. But oh no, another 48 hours,and another another another..

So now do I go for the Toast shirts or the Carrying on in pain.

Damn, I hate tough investment decisions.

I'll think of something. May have to see if this tapatalk malarky works to put some pics up for a poll. If not you'll just get something suitable according to how many beers I've had

He continued: "Portsmouth has got to be saved. It's a great club with great traditions. It would be a disaster if this club went out of business.

"It has great fans to the extent that, if you live in Portsmouth, you are a Portsmouth supporter. If you walk around in that town, you don't see people wearing Manchester United or Arsenal shirts.

A couple of months back I took the family shopping in Pompey. First time I had been in a decade. It was a lovely day but I actually saw only 1 person wearing a Pompey shirt in the whole day. There were quite a few Man Utd shirts though. I was actually quite shocked.

So Mr Redknapp is talking rubbish. Again.

Only get them Phil, if we can have a spin off thread about the design on the shirt in the spirit of the New Shirt thread on the main board.

In fact someone get hold of Gecko Saint and get him to do some mockups!

No, no, no... The9 will start dragging up examples of t-shirts designs from other clubs, the different templates that each t-shirt manufacturer uses, how the potential mixture of garment details will look in different colours, and what, if any, unique design elements might be introduced for us, or if they're reserved only for the big clubs.

No, no, no... The9 will start dragging up examples of t-shirts designs from other clubs, the different templates that each t-shirt manufacturer uses, how the potential mixture of garment details will look in different colours, and what, if any, unique design elements might be introduced for us, or if they're reserved only for the big clubs.

Thank goodness I missed that thread!

Not to mention repeatedly posting a photo of 2 identical shirts alongside each other whilst stating a preference for the one on the left