Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The link to the story at the top right says Pompey 419.

419 is the code given to money making scams (most commonly from Nigeria) where they ask for you to give a fee to release a far larger amount of money.

I have no idea how this has ended up making it onto the site.

Indeed and there have been many variations of the same thing on this thread. If you give me an advanced fee of £20 I will find them for you and you can use them to gain thousands!

Birch racks up the pressure a bit more on the players... 10th Aug unless the remaining players settle, Chainrai not budging an inch especially in light of what the FL has imposed with their conditions. I wonder if he's also got a land purchase on his mind!

So it's either League One on a shoe string budget or liquidation. What a mouth-watering choice.

Birch racks up the pressure a bit more on the players... 10th Aug unless the remaining players settle, Chainrai not budging an inch especially in light of what the FL has imposed with their conditions. I wonder if he's also got a land purchase on his mind!

So it's either League One on a shoe string budget or liquidation. What a mouth-watering choice.

It's just lucky for them they will not be meeting teams as good as Gibraltar in the league.

Looks like they've managed to rustle up a team for the Brighton game. 1-0 own after 4 minutes by all accounts.

Pompey team v Brighton: Preece; Dumbuya, Magri, Webster; Harley; Sam, Gillett, Howard; Harris; Walker, McLeod.

Subs; Lopez, Perez, Wallace, Westwood, Thompson, Colson, Butler. Rodgers and Eastwood nursing knocks so absent.

Yeah, but this being Pompey, the scoreline is someone else's fault - nothing to do with them...

@pn_neil_allen: Scoreline harsh on #Pompey at present. Definitely don't deserve to be 3-0 down. Some excellent Brighton finishes though.

I assume like most other teams in preseason friendlies pompey will put out a completely different squad for the second half?

sort of.

They're putting out the Gibraltar squad, technically a different squad, also, technically not theirs, but hey, they've never cared about technicalities before.

Have to say I'm loving Old Redeye and his PST little snippets!

28 days ago they were saying watch this space, a few lose ends to tie up and the bid will be on the table ready to go. Now they're saying give it another 24 hours and the bid will be ready to be presented to the creditors!

What on earth is taking them so long to get their bid out? Is it because they actually can't afford to pay the £30m of football creditor debts with just £14m [allegedly] of PPs and a couple of grand worth of pledges? To be honest, they are looking like worse tyre kickers than Mickey Fialka :D

@officialpompey: Harley back on for Harris (80 mins) #pompey

Are they recording a new series of 'Runaround' or something?

Lol they sound about the same standard as us lot at the first forum match at SMS. Lads who'd paid up to play the full 90 started to keel over after about 65 (where's Hammy these days) and we were wheeling the first half lads back out onto the pitch to keep the numbers up!