Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I wonder how much it would be to have a plane fly over Fratton on the big day with a little farewell message from us trailing behind? Worth looking into to considering all the media that will be down there reporting. Would be a final and painful nail in their coffin.

About 700 quid.... Mate organised the Millwall one over west ham the other year....

@pompeytrust: Statement released at 7am tomorrow morning setting out the PST position on preventing liquidation.

Our bid will be finalised soon. We can't tell you what it is yet, or when it will be finalised, but it does exist, honest. And its better than Chanrai's bid (even though we've not had it accepted yet, either conditionally or unconditionally).

So 10th August then? My wife is booked in for a C-section to give birth to our second child on the 10th. If Pompey go pop as well I think I might explode with emotion. Cigars and a good single malt at the ready :) oh, and some toast.

Name your child... Ben David Kanu Zebadee-Rust in honour of the day.

If Chinny was a really wealthy guy would he be concerned about the PP's, that would be pocket money to a billionairre and not be worth arguing about. I've stood the toaster down and brought out the liquadiser from the loft.

If Chinny was a really wealthy guy would he be concerned about the PP's, that would be pocket money to a billionairre and not be worth arguing about. I've stood the toaster down and brought out the liquadiser from the loft.

What? To make breadcrumbs?

PS: what was the final score tonight. I think the thread should know, just for the record [or have I missed it?]

The score doesn't matter. Pompey, having claimed Gibraltar as their fief, won over a lot of hearts tonight...

Edit: I'll leave the above be to display my lack of English skills. I happily thought the word "fief" was pronounced like the number five. I'll be back once I have a joke that actually works :(

Edited by Lazlo78

Spain has broke off diplomatic relations with us following the breakdown of talks over the sovereignty of Gibraltar.

Although the UN had ruled in our favour, Spain claimed they purchased Gibraltar from us.

They claim a British delegation agreed a fee whilst travelling with Portsmouth FC.

The Spaniards claim to have agreed a £24m deal paid over 12 months, with a £300,000 deposit paid directly to the the British representatives Trevor Birch and Micheal Appleton.

They also agreed to take Ben Hiam as a hostage until the deal is fully ratified by the British government.

I think the point is that the Premier League have shown a willingness to use the parachute payments to pay football creditors.

Its then a question of how large a jump it is between paying those creditors at a club that is still going and paying those creditors at a club that was still due payments but has gone into liquidation.

That indeed is the £14 million question. I would have thought the FL would have let the magnificent 7's agents know, one way or the other. But maybe the FL can't make their minds up, and are enjoying the soap opera unfold. I know we nutjobs certainly are. :D

2, without a doubt. I really would laugh my arse off to see this team of no-hopers get thrashed all the way down to League 2 and beyond. Then, when Chainrai cleans up on all the PPs within a couple of years, the Trust can take over and live within their means of their 4,000 - 5,000 average gates.

A bit optimistic there, K?

I have to say they the FL should be extremely worried at the prospect of PFC starting the season with a completely un-competitive squad. Not to mention safety at the ground. I can not see BC or PST funding a safe competitive first home game. Let alone a season.

As for the PST letter handed out. Surely they should have invited the players, agents, TB and BC to a meeting at a neutral venue to explore a compromise.

I have polished my toaster. Bread is in the freezer. Toaster is set to frozen bread, thick slices. I have Nutella at the ready.

Edited by tony13579

Ok if they do get liquidated and then return as a Phoenix club what does it take for them to inherit their history ie Lg Championships etc.

For instance Aldershot and Wimbledon, 2 recent examples, both inherited their past automatically although I gather in the case of the latter MK Dons relinguished their "trophy cabinet" to the Dons as an act of friendship. Will the new AFC Portsmouth be able to clain they won the Cup in 1939 for example?

And on another subject I reckon I could raise £700 in one night down my local pub.

I just think that it is so considerate of them to arrange for their disappearance to happen on a friday.

Without work the next day it means that we can have a really good celebration.

And of course, the two alternative outcomes (Chinny or PST) are going to cause them so much unhappiness for so long that they are equal causes for celebration - Win-Win-Win :)

Given the media fawning over them this morning I'm more convinced than ever that they won't be 'allowed' to go pop.

But, as we've always said, the alternatives have far more comedy value in the long run so, on balance, I think I'm now preferring the "they got away with it" (sic) option.

Given the media fawning over them this morning I'm more convinced than ever that they won't be 'allowed' to go pop.

But, as we've always said, the alternatives have far more comedy value in the long run so, on balance, I think I'm now preferring the "they got away with it" (sic) option.

The metaphor of PFC as a worm twisting impotently on a hook of their own making, whilst distasteful, seems to be more and more appropriate. There's plenty more wriggling for them to do yet ;)

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=417:pst-statement-we-are-ready-to-save-pfc&catid=34:demo-category

PST has been working on its bid for four months, having organised the most successful fan pledge scheme of its type, which has raised a substantial seven-figure sum. The Trust is ready to do what is required to save Portsmouth FC, but we urge the players to see the reality of the situation and sit down with our representatives so we can explain our deal.

Unless they agree to this it is clear that the players will get nothing if the club is Liquidated on the 10th of August by PKF.

“We are ready and able to see this process through and buy the Club. We have made a good offer and are making good progress in raising funds. The one remaining hurdle is the payment of football creditors, but if they don’t shift we simply cannot do a deal outside liquidation.” said Ashley Brown, Chair of PST.

Anthony Fanshawe of Begbies Traynor, who is advising the Trust bid team added: ‘I have two messages for the players. Number one is that if you do not agree a sensible deal the Club will go into liquidation in a couple of weeks and you will get nothing. Number two, we are willing to meet you at any time to discuss terms and put the deal to bed as soon as possible.

can someone tell them that it is not clear that the players will get nothing on liquidation.

I don't think it's humanly possible for our collective faces to get any bluer on that one.

The might of the UK media have deemed it unnecessary to ask the Premier League and the PFA one simple question: "Can you 100% guarantee that the Portsmouth players will NOT receive any payments from redirected parachute payments (or PFA funds) in the event of Pompey being liquidated?"

Edited by trousers

Taylor's quote - "We've managed to get some security from the Premier League, they've been very co-operative on parachute payments, the Football League have told the owners they can't get all the money back that they put into the club originally, so they've got to take a hit."

Does this actually mean that the only way Chinny will come back is if the players agree to forego their due money so he can have it all instead. That actually makes a resolution even less likely. The PFA are hardly going to convince the players to walk away so Chinny can get the cash, and he clearly doesn't want the shell of a club if the PP money goes to the players. You gotta laugh.

From a Brighton fan in Gib: "Speaking to a few Pompey fans when they were here last week to play Gib I got the impression that they'd done f**k all to try and save the club and were resigned to the fact that the best thing would be for the club to fold and re-form. Peter Storey seemed to be their bogey man but even this was pretty half-hearted and they seemed strangely lethargic and resigned to their fate. Bizarre really given that they pride themselves on their passionate support for their club."

Media fawning is one thing - and even then it's more along the lines of "OMG who thought this would ever happen? Best roll out the tired old clichés about wonderful fans, passion and all that then." And let's not forget where today's papers end up...

More to the point, perhaps - how can they not be 'allowed' to go pop? It is, after all, a simple matter of economics (or what passes for it on the IODM). If the players won't walk away, Chainrai won't take over and the Trust won't be able to. I can't imagine that the PFA are going to persuade the players to take any hit, especially as it would mean money intended for them going elsewhere. So what's left?

Since CSI went pop it's always been the case that without some wealthy yet idiotic individual stumping up many millions, they'd go to the wall. To me that's still how it looks.

I don't think it's humanly possible for our collective faces to get any bluer on that one.

The might of the UK media have deemed it unnecessary to ask the Premier League and the PFA one simple question: "Can you 100% guarantee that the Portsmouth players will NOT receive any payments from redirected parachute payments (or PFA funds) in the event of Pompey being liquidated?"

If they do get liquidated I predict at least one "Exclusive" article in the sports pages about the shocking news that the players are actually being paid from the unused parachute payments.

The media frenzy is continuing, he's just made an appearance on radio 4 on the sports slot. Birch was playing the we're all in this together line, the players aren't at fault etc etc. Then presenter spins the line about players getting nothing if the club is liquidated rather than something with a compromise. The bottom line was poor old Pompey, a great institution going to the wall. ffs. ******.

That league table on their site still has them in 15th place. Have they not factored in the ten point deduction which would place them bottom, or are they confident of having it rescinded?

They haven't had any points deducted yet. And they won't as long as Pompey 2010 Ltd (in admin) continues to limp along. That's why they can't appeal.

They will only have points deducted if somebody takes them over at some point in the future.

Ok if they do get liquidated and then return as a Phoenix club what does it take for them to inherit their history ie Lg Championships etc.

For instance Aldershot and Wimbledon, 2 recent examples, both inherited their past automatically although I gather in the case of the latter MK Dons relinguished their "trophy cabinet" to the Dons as an act of friendship. Will the new AFC Portsmouth be able to clain they won the Cup in 1939 for example?

And on another subject I reckon I could raise £700 in one night down my local pub.

to me they will be another club with no history has the old club would have died and i expect fratton park to be bulldozed anyway.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @bobbeech: FAO David Lampitt et el while we've spoken about players demands we haven't forgotten YOUR football creditors submission either
that allen guy writes so much childish nonsense how did he get a sports reporters job is beyond me.