Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/9427454/Portsmouth-to-sell-David-Norris-and-Greg-Halford.html

Seems that the Halford deal may "be complicated by the fact that they still owe Wolves £200k !

The Varney deal, they had to pay £300k to Derby !

The Huseklepp deal is complicated by the fact that they owe Bari £1 million !

FFS do they ever pay anybody ? These are fairly recent signings and no doubt included in the £30 mil 'football creditors' debt, but how thick were these clubs to allow credit to known sheisters like the Skates ???

Said that about Halford not so long ago. TB suggested to WWFC that they have him back for free, the reply was they got rid of him because he wasn't good enough.

PST Goon on Talksport! "Fans not to blame blah blah blah!"

So if a mate tells you he's going to burgle a house and you go along but wait outside in the car with dark sunglasses and the radio up loud you're in no way to blame for the crime taking place are you?

Pompey fans....distorting reality and rewriting history since the beginning of time.

PST Goon on Talksport! "Fans not to blame blah blah blah!"

Ignoring the fact that they were begging the players to stay in January when they thought they could keep them up. Now the same players are being hounded out for wanted to get paid.

They didn't give a sh!te when it was blood money buying them success, they didn't care when the next bunch of crims took over as long as they kept spending.

It's the same story now, they want the parachute to have a chance to get out of League 1. If they rip the players, local businesses and charities off and start spending again they will be happy.

Edited by aintforever

Ignoring the fact that they were begging the players to stay in January when they thought they could keep them up. Now the same players are being hounded out for wanted to get paid.

They didn't give a sh!te when it was blood money buying them success, they didn't care when the next bunch of crims took over as long as they kept spending.

It's the same story now, they want the parachute to have a chance to get out of League 1. If they rip the players, local businesses and charities off and start spending again they will be happy.

Funny, he didn't mention any of that!

@pn_neil_allen: Chainrai wants the club, Andronikou around, trouble shifting Ben Haim, Kanu in contract wrangle. For #Pompey it's the summer of 2010 again.

So, what are you saying Mr Allen...? That the club would be better off in the long run if they were liquidated now and start again with a clean slate? Or would you prefer the same head-in-sand mistakes to be made all over again?

When will this chap realise we all want the same conclusion to this saga (albeit for slightly different reasons)

:-)

Edited by trousers

Taking 3 suits back to get made smaller!

Oh and I'm in the lounge sipping champers and decided to spread a bit of mischief - get that Storrieteller & 'arry pic up here asap I've sent someone a tweet ;)

I'd keep one suit back, if I were you.:-) miaow..

I'm sipping bubbles too: birra Splugen at 75p the 2/3l bottle. Too hot for wine at the moment. Mind you, plenty of wine in the cellar: been round 3 vineyards and 18 bottles from each, one more cellar to go. It'll be a heavily laden car...

I still think they'll survive (hope they don't) but if they do they'll not recover from this for generations.

Its been pointed out that there are really only three possible outcomes come 10/8/12:

(1) Chinny owns them,

(2) PST owns them,

(3) they go pop.

And the truly wonderful thing is that any of them will yield years of fun and laughter :)

No, no, no... The9 will start dragging up examples of t-shirts designs from other clubs, the different templates that each t-shirt manufacturer uses, how the potential mixture of garment details will look in different colours, and what, if any, unique design elements might be introduced for us, or if they're reserved only for the big clubs.

Not unless you're planning to insist the players wear it in front of a couple of hundred million people on telly when it's a symbol of the club's identity, I won't.

Its been pointed out that there are really only three possible outcomes come 10/8/12:

(1) Chinny owns them,

(2) PST owns them,

(3) they go pop.

And the truly wonderful thing is that any of them will yield years of fun and laughter :)

You forgot....

(4) a last minute rescue package from Redknapp and Storrie...

Edited by trousers

Before I click on that link, how many facepalms will I require afterwards?

Actually, not as cringeworthy as i'd imagined, but yet another commentator stating as more or less fact that the players won't get anything in the event of liquidation.

I'm hearing that so often now I'm starting to take it as factually correct...which I guess is the aim of everyone trotting out the same mantra....grind down the doubters...

Instinctively though, I find myself siding with the players who signed contracts in good faith and now expect to be paid. While football isn't really like any other industry, that contract is nonetheless still legally binding unless the beneficiary agrees to a mutual termination. Yes, footballers are paid handsomely, some arguably too handsomely (no one could feasibly argue that Tal Ben Haim is worth a reported £36,000 a week), but it's a short career and they need to protect themselves and their families. They know they'll be a long time retired.

But unfortunately, to fall on the players' side of the fence in this instance is to miss the point entirely. It's gone beyond that. If the club doesn't reduce its wage bill, neither Balram Chainrai's Portpin nor the Portsmouth Supporters' Trust can rescue Portsmouth and there will be no club. In that scenario, the players in question holding out so stubbornly for their money would likely receive nothing anyway. Sadly for them, they will be out of pocket whichever way the dust settles.

Guardian blog on The demise by skate fan Luke Moore...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/25/portsmouth-oblivion-fans

But the players could get paid in full, or nearly in full if the PPs were diverted to pay them. Of course Chinny wouldn't then be interested in buying, but the PST could step in with their *cough* 7 figure sum and pick up the club. Sure they'd then need to negotiate with Chinny for the use of the ground, or they could just rent a ground somewhere else (although time is tight) and let Chinny fight it out with the council for planning for the ground.

Even if this did happen, the bigger sticking point seems to be that they won't be able to meet their payments due to the likes of Wolves for Halford, and Bari for Huskelepp.

Surely Chinny isn't going to allow both of relinquishing parachute payments and reducing his secured debt to the value of FP (as per FL requirements).

How are the PST going to convince Chinny to do this? He effectively has a veto on their deal.

I've just had a random thought....why don't Kanu, Haim and Kitson put in a £1 bid for the club at the 11th hour on the 9th August and run the club on a shoestring whilst pocketing the parachute payments as they drip feed into the club over the next couple of years, and then sell the club to whoever wants it afterwards.

I'm trying to work out if there's a serious side to this brainwave. Probably not but thought I'd dump it here anyhow.

Edit: hang on....maybe this explains why AA has started to represent at least one of the players...they are in collusion with Chainrai to do a variation on what I've suggested above....

On second thoughts....Go to bed Trousers...you're jabbering nonsense as usual...

Edited by trousers

Sam Magri is the new Olly Lancashire. Bright talent thrown in at the deep end - will lose all confidence and his career will wither away... With such careful nurturing of their talents it's a real surprise they feel the need to associate themselves so closely with Alex O.-C. ;)

Dan Kerins ‏@dankerins

@pn_neil_allen Except this time you're a YouTube sensation. Ish.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@dankerins Nice to be appreciated! Seems more of your fans visit our site than your own!!!

That's because a car-crash is compulsive viewing, as TV execs know only too well (BFGW, Come Dine With Me, Celeb BB, and many others).

PFC is the biggest, most f()cked-up, longest-running car crash around at the moment.

I involuntarily :facepalm: at the many stupid comments on The Neil Allen Show, but I honestly feel sorry for those trust members piling in £1000 (right?) to try to make a difference, if the money just goes to Chinny. Big crooks and small personal economies just doesn't go well together, so a lot of people willing to take action for their club could see their best efforts reduced to a sidenote in Chinny's accounts. Another reason for them to wish for the cleanest cut possible to increase the chances of a healthy club in the future...

Unless I'm totally missing the big picture? (has happened before ;))

Jordan Cross ‏@pn_jordan_cross Looks like sympathy for #Pompey has worn thin. Fifty Eight per cent on a national radio station poll say the club IS NOT worth saving #WWND

:suspicious:

The Snews can do its worst to swing the result. They called the "bestest" to pompeys training ground and TEN turned up!

No match for the "PTS nut jobs" ( can we trade mark this?)

I involuntarily :facepalm: at the many stupid comments on The Neil Allen Show, but I honestly feel sorry for those trust members piling in £1000 (right?) to try to make a difference, if the money just goes to Chinny. Big crooks and small personal economies just doesn't go well together, so a lot of people willing to take action for their club could see their best efforts reduced to a sidenote in Chinny's accounts. Another reason for them to wish for the cleanest cut possible to increase the chances of a healthy club in the future...

Unless I'm totally missing the big picture? (has happened before ;))

You aren't, and neither is sotonswan on the previous page.

The only people taking the Trust seriously are .............. the Trust.

You aren't, and neither is sotonswan on the previous page.

The only people taking the Trust seriously are .............. the Trust.

And every media outlet in the land...

Only up to to a point, I'd say. The Trust may be enjoying a little media flurry at the moment, but a flurry is all it's likely to be. They've succeeded in portraying themselves as serious players, partly through their own press releases but mostly because the News has seen fit to portray them that way as well. Plus, of course, Trevor Birch has held meetings with them, which helps make them look serious - even though it's plain to see that Birch has done this for the sake of appearances and not much else.

For many media outlets, the Trust story looks like a good one; club on the brink of oblivion could be saved by its own supporters banding together. Over the next couple of weeks I'd expect to see reality creeping in; some time soon the Trust will be asked for actual figures, at which point we'll see just how seriously they really should be taken. Up till now they've mentioned a "significant seven-figure sum" (which could, of course, mean anything from £1M to £9,999,999); I've yet to see anything which substantiates this in any real way. How much of this money is merely pledged? As we all know, for each unfulfilled pledge £900 needs to be removed from the total that they claim to have.

At some point they'll be asked how much they actually have in the bank, as opposed to how much has been pledged. I don't expect the News to be asking questions like this, but if they ever get far enough to be properly interrogated then it will happen. And, if it's not the media it'll be Birch, in a meeting behind closed doors. Unless they have an absolute minimum of 5,000 backers, each of whom has parted with the full £1,000 then they're simply not serious players - and even then I can't see them getting far with £5M at their disposal (unless, as Phil has suggested, they end up buying what there is of the club minus Fratton Park, and rent that from Chainrai).

Time will tell, and time is running out fast.

All very well and good but he doesn't appear to be aware that the players have already made a massive "gesture" by way of wage deferrals since February.

Sometimes recent Pompey history is airbrushed over quicker than the general public cotton on to what's been going on.

Before you know it, people will have forgotten about the c.£150m debt that they've wiped out at the press of an F5 button...

Edited by trousers