Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

F00TBALL FUSSBALL ‏@F00TBALL_N0W

Rumours Redknapp and a consortium will bid to take control of Pompey. @pn_neil_allen @ZcottAFC

You heard it here first yesterday folks.

Oh good. I do enjoy a good consortium! A word that always brings to mind people will not quite enough money for what is needed.

Oh good. I do enjoy a good consortium! A word that always brings to mind people will not quite enough money for what is needed.

Indeed.

If there is any legs to this story whatsoever, it will take time to sort out. Time the DFCSBs no longer have.

10th August is 2 weeks away. Tick-Tock....

Especially one that would potentially include 'Arry - I can't even send a text message - and Peter Storriteller :)

Wow, is this a fourth scenario to keep the nutjobs endlessly amused!

Rumours Redknapp and a consortium will bid to take control of Pompey. @pn_neil_allen @ZcottAFC

Yes please, if there is a footballing God, then yes please................as long as Peter is involved :lol:

Well, it would seem that due to the exchange rate over here, the PTS NutJob Budget for each Tee Shirt will have to be Enormous. In fact it will probably have to be at LEAST 100 times the budget that Appy has for the first team. First quote I had was about 10 quid a Shirt.....

Although I was very tempted by a clearance sale on very old Tee-Shirts - you know the ones.

no money

no honey

I did (to my AMAZEMENT) find a shop catering to sue's size - I have a pic but right now I have a cold beer waiting after an 8 hour shopping day and I'm NOt spending half an hour uploading it on the crappy innernet connection in the hotel here.

Are they dead yet?

And when "arry saves them, Matt Slater is gonna be p1ssed he missd

Can any one find a new firm in companies house registered in hayling island, sandbanks or under the name Rosie?

Yet another article that fails to mention Chainrai's refusal to accept the PFA's proposed compromise....it's a good job the BBC aren't funded by tax payers otherwise I'd have the right hump....

@solentsport: Portsmouth condition 'critical': Portsmouth's administrators reiterate their warning that the club is heading fo... http://t.co/ZcV2pS9E

Interesting perhaps that PKF have now started to wheel out Jackson rather than Birch in the wake of AA's intervention....?

Is it wrong for me to have just sprayed my Singha beer all over the laptop?

The image of LLS & Barry the Briefcase riding to PKF's rescue on their own admission

Indeed.

If there is any legs to this story whatsoever, it will take time to sort out. Time the DFCSBs no longer have.

10th August is 2 weeks away. Tick-Tock....

BC will take over the club, Iam certain of that and so HR has longer. I suspect HR and co will then buy the club for peanuts and then rebuild. They are not toast and will return, it is an unpalatable thought but seems to be the future. They have not had their just rewards for the crime but it seems the gods are on their side whatever

To be fair to Birch, he's willing to sit down and go over the offers that were put forward infront of independent fans, and I doubt he would do that if he felt he'd somehow not acted appropriately.

They're still a bit f*cked, but it makes it slightly funnier viewing.

BC will take over the club, Iam certain of that and so HR has longer. I suspect HR and co will then buy the club for peanuts and then rebuild. They are not toast and will return, it is an unpalatable thought but seems to be the future. They have not had their just rewards for the crime but it seems the gods are on their side whatever

you have been saying this since they were in the prem

now they have -10 in league 1. hardly any players, no kit, and no money and 2 weeks from going pop

how have they gotten away with it..?

Well, put it this way: I always thought the death penalty was a cop-out and that a better punishment was a long, painful, drawn-out death.

Sounds a lot like Pompey. So I wouldn't say they've gotten away with it. :D

This comment is on that article:

Let Harry do the negotiations. He somehow persuaded Kanu, Campbell, Defoe, Jamo and Merse to sign for us. Yeah, I know, he did with the help of massive contracts which no-one knew at the time were unsustainable. But he talked Sol out of quitting when he saw our training facilities and got all of them to perform on the field.

Either that's one of us, or the depths of idioacy knows no bounds...

you have been saying this since they were in the prem

now they have -10 in league 1. hardly any players, no kit, and no money and 2 weeks from going pop

I wouldn't say they've totally got away with it but they have only endfed up where they started, hardly big time punishment. They were broke and going nowhere in lg1 and the championship before they started cheating and the cheating gave them EPL and European football and a cup. There is no real deterrent.

The Redknapp stuff is just a rumour, nothing more than that. Can you really see him splashing millions of his own money on Pompey? He didn't get that nice house in Sandbanks by pouring money down the drain. If Chainrai does end up buying the club, he won't then ditch it until he's extracted every penny of parachute money - so let's call that two years. If anyone wants it in the mean time, they'll have to meet Chanrai's asking price and that most certainly won't be peanuts.

Without serious external funding Pompey will never be better than a League One club or maybe Championship strugglers. Anyone putting money in to lift them above that status will never get a return. The only way it could make any sense would be if the club were used, as in the past, for money laundering. Given all that's happened, plus the strictures that the League are putting in place, I can't see that happening either.

Portsmouth South MP Mike Hancock said the supporters needed to be ready for any eventuality if the club is forced to fold.

He said: ‘It’s hard if the players are determined to stick it out as they know their money is safe. Both ideas of Portpin or the supporters’ trust is conditional on getting rid of all those player and I think it’s now at the point of no return.’

(maniacal laugh...maniacal laugh)

Mr Jackson oversaw the successful conclusion of the administration of four Scottish clubs – Clyde, Clydebank, Motherwell and Dundee – of which the Dundee Supporters’ Society is now the majority shareholder.

He said: ‘We are making good progress with three or four players but despite many conversations and offers over the past few weeks, some players and agents still don’t understand what’s at stake here.

‘If the club is liquidated, players will not be protected by the football creditor provisions.’

OR

Portsmouth South MP Mike Hancock said the supporters needed to be ready for any eventuality if the club is forced to fold.

He said: ‘It’s hard if the players are determined to stick it out as they know their money is safe. Both ideas of Portpin or the supporters’ trust is conditional on getting rid of all those player and I think it’s now at the point of no return.’

Two different views in one page....only in fortress fatpipes™

I must say it shows some degree of advanced planning that they have left a gap in the bottom left of the 'villains' for who ever is going to be blamed next.

Nar thats for Mad Mandy, Most probably the only owner (con) to really walk away with saddle bags full of cash,(ie stump up a few mill for the site,Sell players and use funds along with Saggys know how to put together championship wining team,Stay for three years skimming 9 mill a year(allegedly) from the Prem gold pot,then sell on for 30 odd mill to Gaydeemark, simples,

Oh.... Here comes Penny

And Mike - Have you let the cat out of the bag............

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/birch-hopeful-of-top-earners-leaving-pompey-1-4104262

So is Penny singling out the players or the highly revered list of "businessmen" who have presided over the club in recent times?

I bet that all of them are quaking in their boots at the thought of Dear old Pen swinging her handbag at their respective heads!!

So is Penny singling out the players or the highly revered list of "businessmen" who have presided over the club in recent times?

I bet that all of them are quaking in their boots at the thought of Dear old Pen swinging her handbag at their respective heads!!

I still would though

The latest PR masterpiece from our friends at the Pompey Trust...

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

If what's going on at Portsmouth is a 'murder' then there are a few thousand (obviously not the full 18,000) witnesses who are accessory to murder, as they just let it happen, encouraged money to be spent, sat back and watched the victim die.

@pn_Rory_McKeown: Trevor Birch hopeful of top earners leaving #Pompey: http://t.co/iIc4luXd

Birch told The News: ‘Hopefully we will get two or three more players out in the next 48 hours and get it down to the two or three others, then we might just get over the line.’

He said: ‘We are making good progress with three or four players but despite many conversations and offers over the past few weeks, some players and agents still don’t understand what’s at stake here.

‘If the club is liquidated, players will not be protected by the football creditor provisions.’

Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt says she will be doing everything she can to ensure the club survives in its current form ahead of the liquidation deadline.

She said: ‘I think it would be an extremely poor thing to have to happen for everyone concerned that there were two options on the table and neither were taken. We are in the few days left where we have a guillotine over the club and we have to do everything we can to save it. I will be doing everything I can with the administrators, the Football League and the Premier League to enable that to happen. If that’s not the outcome and, if this club is left to fold, those responsible will have an awful lot to answer for.’

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/kanu-blame-birch-for-woes-1-4100487

Kanu has launched a broadside at Trevor Birch and insists the administrator will be to blame if Pompey are liquidated.

The striker has hit back at Birch’s insistence to supporters that he is the club’s ‘main problem’ as the Blues fight for survival.

And Kanu believes the administrator is treating him as an ‘imbecile’ in compromise proposal talks.

But Birch today responded by offering to invite supporters’ groups to the table for any further discussions between the parties.

Kanu’s barrister, Samuel Okoronkwo, is asking the Football League for £3m in monies he claims the Nigerian is owed.

Birch has stated Pompey face being liquidated on August 10 because players are not agreeing deals to leave.

Okoronkwo claimed that was because Birch was ‘picking a fight with players’, while insisting Kanu is still keen to reach a compromise.

Okoronkwo said: ‘Kanu is particularly offended by the report the administrator told the club’s supporters he is the main problem and his ‘agent’ is asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

‘As a result he has instructed me to make the following clear. (Kanu says) the fact the club is potentially facing liquidation is due to the administrator’s failure to appreciate the consequences of first insulting, offending and then picking a quite unnecessary fight with the club’s secure creditors.

‘We think the administrator is still treating Kanu as an imbecile by making a ridiculous compromise proposal that he should simply give up his entitlement and walk away, while the administrator’s firm receives large fees for negotiating such a smart deal.

‘To the contrary, Kanu who has remained patient and accommodating since 2006, is willing to compromise significantly by a combination of waiving/deferring his entitlement provided he is certain the club will actually be saved and there will be an upside at some date in the future.

‘Absent such a proposal, then the administrator must admit responsibility to the club’s fans for liquidating their club whether on August 10, 2012, or at any other date. He must refrain from blaming anyone else.’

Okoronkwo has also given his backing to Tal Ben Haim, who challenged Birch to write off the fees his company are owed for overseeing Pompey’s administration.

Ben Haim alleged PKF are claiming £650,000 for their work during the club’s administration.

It is believed they have taken around £180,000 out of the Blues since arriving in January. Further fees are expected once a new owner is found,

Okoronkwo said: ‘Kanu fully supports the comments of Tal Ben Haim that the administrator ought to waive the £650,000 that his firm is claiming from Portsmouth, because it is hypocritical for him to be claiming so much money from the cash-stricken club, for a few months work, while asking Kanu, who has been owed while on active service for the club over the past six years, to forego larger sums of indebtedness.

‘The administrator has not helped Portsmouth by negotiating with the press instead of the players, who are the club’s primary secure creditors.

‘He did not also start well when his first act was to single out Kanu for criticism in the press when he clearly played no part in managing the club into two administrations.’

Birch responded by expressing a desire to continue talks with Okoronkwo and promised he was happy to do so in the presence of a third party.

Birch said: ‘‘It is encouraging to note that Kanu is willing to return to the negotiating table to discuss a compromise and demonstrate his support for the club.

‘We have already sought details of his proposal.

‘Hopefully, our message about the club’s survival prospects is beginning to sink in.

‘We will continue to negotiate with the remaining players and trust none of them will wish to see the club liquidated.

‘If Kanu, or indeed any other player, is unhappy with the negotiating stance taken then I am more than content for both parties to place the facts before representatives of supporters’ groups and let them judge how reasonable the proposals are.’

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/triallist-would-be-a-big-hit-for-pompey-1-4100489

Mustapha Dumbuya has been backed to be an attacking hit for Pompey.

That is the verdict of fellow Blues triallist Simon Gillett, who played alongside the swashbuckling right-back at Doncaster for two years.

The 24-year-old Dumbuya stood out among Pompey’s triallists during the 10-day training camp in Spain, with some impressive displays in both friendlies.

A free agent this summer after Rovers opted against offering him a new deal, Michael Appleton has confirmed he is looking to give the former Grays Athletic man a contract.

Like all of Pompey’s targets, the deal hinges on the club being able to ship out their big-earners to avoid liquidation.

just spent two hours in pompey, did Arry a bit of market research to support his grand claims.

Only saw three shirts - pompey 2-1 Chelsea.

It appears Arry's dog was talking crap.

Though I did see a lot of scrawny pike-children who are either sporting our new home kit, or have still to grasp the connection between direct sun for twelve hours and skin cancer.

And from The News it does look like old naughty hands has dropped a clanger re the players' chances of getting paid.

They really need to rehearse these statements if they want to show a united front.

How is Moneypenny doing raising funds to save the club?

It looks like that sponsored pie-eating contest she embarked on is going particularly well.

Finally, business news...Anyone seen the side of the building that is missing a letter at Hilsea?

it says in massive print

Portsmouth holesale

Either Mr Birch is already selling the ground, or Avram has hit the jackpot.

Mr Jackson oversaw the successful conclusion of the administration of four Scottish clubs – Clyde, Clydebank, Motherwell and Dundee – of which the Dundee Supporters’ Society is now the majority shareholder.

OR

Two different views in one page....only in fortress fatpipes™

It's perfectly possible for both comments to be correct, of course. Jackson is right in that the players won't be protected by the football creditors rule; however, Hancock may well be right in that they'll get their money directly from the Premier League, who control the parachute payments. Whilst Birch, Jackson, Allen et al would like everybody to believe that the former point means definitively that the players get nothing in the event of liquidation, the truth is that it's by no means definitive.

just spent two hours in pompey, did Arry a bit of market research to support his grand claims.

Though I did see a lot of scrawny pike-children who are either sporting our new home kit, or have still to grasp the connection between direct sun for twelve hours and skin cancer.

And from The News it does look like old naughty hands has dropped a clanger re the players' chances of getting paid.

They really need to rehearse these statements if they want to show a united front.

It looks like that sponsored pie-eating contest she embarked on is going particularly well.

Finally, business news...Anyone seen the side of the building that is missing a letter at Hilsea?

it says in massive print

Portsmouth holesale

:lol: :toppa:

Whatever your day job is, you're wasted doing it!

it says in massive print

Portsmouth holesale

Surely it should be

"Portsmouth Sh*thole sale"