Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

yes we are the bestest, Alex Ferguson says so, and we weren't losing 5-0 at the time so everyone else is jealous of us now. #fact

This thread is just a little bonfire, started by FF with a single match and a set of accounts from Peter Storrie.

The fire is often attended by a rosy-cheeked Trousers who stands alongside it with a sturdy stick and keeps worrying it, and looking at that post count he has become The Keeper of The Great Fire.

Many Nutjobs bring their old furniture, gas bottles and wood, while I like to throw on a jerry can of unleaded occasionally, just to help out.

I miss the days when Ho would stumble in and try to smother it with dry kindling and newspaper, while wearing his petrol-soaked shell suit, and a car tyre as a hat.

In the quiet times it has reduced to smouldering embers, only for something like a News web chat or a court appearance to pop up and fan the flames back into life.

But as Felix Baumgartner plummeted from space he thought to himself, that looks like the Great Wall of China, and that's the Atlantic, but what's that little pall of smoke rising from Europe?

Well Felix, the Nutjobs are still playing with that bonfire, sending smoke signals to the rest of football, cooking up old chestnuts - and using long sticks to prepare toast.

Breaking news - A webchat with Penny? :scared: - that is going to be a Nutjob massacre - Hopefully there'll be no mention of pies, sticky buns, her support of tax evasion, tax cuts closing hospital wards, local services lost, or the fact that she'll say anything if there's a vote in it.

Breaking news - A webchat with Penny? :scared: - that is going to be a Nutjob massacre - Hopefully there'll be no mention of pies, sticky buns, her support of tax evasion, tax cuts closing hospital wards, local services lost, or the fact that she'll say anything if there's a vote in it.

How about the 12 public toilets closing to keep one sh!thole open?

yes we are the bestest, Alex Ferguson says so, and we weren't losing 5-0 at the time so everyone else is jealous of us now. #fact

This thread is just a little bonfire, started by FF with a single match and a set of accounts from Peter Storrie.

The fire is often attended by a rosy-cheeked Trousers who stands alongside it with a sturdy stick and keeps worrying it, and looking at that post count he has become The Keeper of The Great Fire.

Many Nutjobs bring their old furniture, gas bottles and wood, while I like to throw on a jerry can of unleaded occasionally, just to help out.

I miss the days when Ho would stumble in and try to smother it with dry kindling and newspaper, while wearing his petrol-soaked shell suit, and a car tyre as a hat.

In the quiet times it has reduced to smouldering embers, only for something like a News web chat or a court appearance to pop up and fan the flames back into life.

But as Felix Baumgartner plummeted from space he thought to himself, that looks like the Great Wall of China, and that's the Atlantic, but what's that little pall of smoke rising from Europe?

Well Felix, the Nutjobs are still playing with that bonfire, sending smoke signals to the rest of football, cooking up old chestnuts - and using long sticks to prepare toast.

What will be left after the fire - will a Phoenix arise from the ashes or will it just be the charred remains at the site of the fire?

Meanwhile the PDT is still trying to stump up money for a few water pistols to take up the fight with Chinny the arsonist. Unfortunately the water post next to the fire is owned by a property developer who will charge for water...

Uncle Trevor was supposed to make sure that the fire didn't get out of hand, but he is torn; it's clearly out of control but it does keep him nice and warm...

Comment From Urporky Urporky: ]

There are over 200,000 people living in Portsmouth and only 5-10% of these people attend Pompey home matches, how can a business that has failed so many times, leaving local business owed thousands, dominate the time that YOU should be spending helping the 90-95% of the population that really do not care for PFC and are sick of seeing cuts to local services while PCC agrees a loan to help PFC?

Own up

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:21[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Urporky

There are over 200,000 people living in Portsmouth and only 5-10% of these people attend Pompey home matches, how can a business that has failed so many times, leaving local business owed thousands, dominate the time that YOU should be spending helping the 90-95% of the population that really do not care for PFC and are sick of seeing cuts to local services while PCC agrees a loan to help PFC?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

edit: beaten to it :) Love the user name :lol:

Lame answer...

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:24

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]php4TRl41Penny_Mordaunt.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Thanks for the question. Firstly, even though a lot of local residents don't attend matches they still care about the club and the business it brings to the city. Secondly, as a female MP, I am able to multi-task (!) and I deal with hundreds of different issues every week. There are some issues which might only affect one individual but can be time intensive but can mean life or death in some instances. That's my job![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Comment From Urporky Urporky: ]

There are over 200,000 people living in Portsmouth and only 5-10% of these people attend Pompey home matches, how can a business that has failed so many times, leaving local business owed thousands, dominate the time that YOU should be spending helping the 90-95% of the population that really do not care for PFC and are sick of seeing cuts to local services while PCC agrees a loan to help PFC?

Own up

Guilty :D

I'm not holding out much hope for my one getting through...

In rubberstamping the £1.45m loan to Pompey, PCC revealed that the club will be receiving £4m more in parachute payments than the Trust have accounted for in their Business Plans (due to increase in Sky's overall payment pot). Do you think it would be a good idea to divert this money direct to the the creditors from CVA1 and CVA2 so that they get more than the paltry 2% of 20% in the £1 they are currently due?

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]:35[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Clive

In rubberstamping the £1.45m loan to Pompey, PCC revealed that the club will be receiving £4m more in parachute payments than the Trust have accounted for in their Business Plans (due to increase in Sky's overall payment pot). Do you think it would be a good idea to divert this money direct to the the creditors from CVA1 and CVA2 so that they get more than the paltry 2% of 20% in the £1 they are currently due?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:36[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Hello Clive .. creditors have had a hard time over PFC. When the club went into administration I contacted a lot of the small businesses who were owed money. I am seeking to bring in legislation to reform football finance and do away with the preferred creditor rule amongst other things.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well ducked that woman! #typical_politician's_answer :facepalm:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:44[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Kevin

Hi Penny, what was your reaction to Gordon Taylor (PFA Chairman) when he said "It's very frustrating when you hear those lies" after your question in PMQs about the PFA "undermining the community buy-out of the club"? Thank[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:45[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Hello Kevin .. I've written to Gordon and pointed out that although I understand he has a job to protect players' interests, he's ultimately not doing that by not thinking through the consequences of his actions. All football stakeholders need to get on the same page as everyone else in supporting community clubs[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:46[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Urporky

I understand that your partner works for HMRC? Must make for interesting dinner conversation when YOU are such a stance supporter of a business that has ripped HMRC off of thousands of pounds![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Actually he doesn't work for HMRC and never has[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:49

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Steve

How many hospital operations could have been performed with the c.£50m tax that went upaid by Pompey between 2009 and 2012?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

THE MAGICIAN'S ASSISTANT

Penny Mordaunt, 37, Portsmouth North

Raised in the area, stood unsuccessfully at last General Election. Father in Parachute Regiment, before teaching.

Mother, a special needs teacher, died of breast cancer in 1988. Educated at local comprehensive, studied drama at Victoryland children's theatre and read philosophy at University of Reading.

Magician's assistant before successful career as communications consultant and PR guru.

(tax, now you see it, now you don't)

A Royal Navy reservist, volunteered in Romanian orphanages. Keen artist.

Selected to contest Portsmouth North in 2003, achieving 5.5 per cent swing to Tories.

'I joined the party in part because I lost a parent and had to help look after the house and my youngest brother,' she says. 'We weren't well off and that's why I believe in low taxation.

Edited by tony13579

An MP doing her job

Excerpt from yesterday's Hansard

Penny Mordaunt (Portsmouth North, Conservative)

“Today there has been much discussion about individuals’ and businesses’ tax obligations to the state for the benefit of one’s fellow citizens. We have not heard much about the state’s obligations towards our citizens and businesses with regard to tax collection, and I want to rectify that today. Paying tax, being compliant and paying a fair amount is a two-way street. It is morally right that we should pay our taxes; evasion and aggressive avoidance are wrong. But just as the Government have a moral duty to spend taxes wisely and get good value from our public services, so, too, HMRC has a moral obligation to the taxpayer to ensure that its requests are reasonable and fair...”

“…Governments must take responsibility for their mistakes too. The Minister will be aware that I have had correspondence with him on the principle of retrospective taxation. It obviously behoves the Government to close loopholes as they are revealed, or better still to anticipate and remove them during the legislative drafting process. Nevertheless, when a loophole has been found in legislation, it is not illegal for it to be exploited—possibly morally repugnant, but not illegal. When clause 55 of the 2008 Finance Bill was discussed in Public Bill Committee, the Minister voiced the Conservative Opposition’s concern about its retrospective nature. If it was wrong to legislate retrospectively in 2008, it cannot be right now. We must work to close tax avoidance loopholes, but we must consider whether it is morally justifiable to take retrospective action on tax avoidance in the case of relatively low earners who signed up to schemes that were advertised openly and publicly and of which the Government and HMRC were aware...”

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:04[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Tracey J

How can you square the Tory's policy of cutting out "aggressive tax avoidance" with your support for a company (Portsmouth FC) that has diddled the tax payer out of tens of millions of pounds over the last few years? Shouldn't you be urging the club to pay back as much of this taxpayer's cash as they can n over the coming years, regardless of what was agreed in the CVA. Or will the cash be spent on making the club "competitive" again once taken over rather than thinking of the hard pressed taxpayer first and foremost?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:06[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Hello Tracey... because I am seeking to bring in a Bill which would reform football finance. There is no inconsistency with supporting a community buy-out of a club that has been abused by previous owners who did not pay their taxes. PST are the best bet for the club and HMRC[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

8th March 2013

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Urporky

I understand that your partner works for HMRC? Must make for interesting dinner conversation when YOU are such a stance supporter of a business that has ripped HMRC off of thousands of pounds![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD]Penny Mordaunt MP:

Actually he doesn't work for HMRC and never has[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

26th January 2012

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1252544#post1252544

I email the politician today ref the article in the sun regarding the taxman being harsh on Pimpey and got a quick response below,

Dear Mr

Many thanks for this. I do not say such things lightly, not least because my other half is a tax man, however I have to disagree with your assessment of HMRCs actions.

PFC has paid all tax it owed- near to £15 million since Oct 2010. They missed the deadline for December and 2 working days later final demand was issued- which was delivered late to the club, arriving after the deadline for payment had passed. Rather than waiting until 10th February HMRC announced a winding up order on New Years day. Leaving aside the additional problems this has caused the club ( plummeting player prices etc) one could put this down to tax officials just being very keen. Sadly internal HMRC e-mails tell another story.

Sometimes HMRC ends up cutting its nose off to spite its face. If the club is sold HMRC gets paid. If it isn’t it won’t. In addition to that simple fact- a point which I would make of any business where HMRCs actions could result in debts being paid and jobs secured- I would argue that FCs are a special case. They are not like a supermarket, which when it folds another takes its place: Portsmouth fans, on finding Pompey closed, will not be buying their season tickets at Southampton. Add to that the social value they provide.

We are not asking to be let off paying. Every effort to accommodate HMRCs concerns about a pause incurring additional debt is being made, including staff forging their salaries. All we want is a meeting to discuss the options. A reasonable request in my view, and one an HMRC mindful of recouping what it is owed ought to grant.

I hope that explains my position. While I appreciate you disagree, I thought it important I explain my assessment, especially as you had taken the trouble to write to me.

Regards,

Penny

:suspicious:

Edited by trousers

:rolleyes:A man who deals in tax:rolleyes: OR she talk with forked tongue:o

Someone in the family/or friend?????? ...:)

with an in at the tax office to furnish her with such papers/info ...MAYBE... with...Politicians.... some/most/all or nearly all....talk lots of shiiiite:D

Edited by ottery st mary

@PKF_UK: PKF and PST exchange contracts for sale of Portsmouth FC - http://t.co/OtJJnuTtOG #pompey

8 March 2013: Trevor Birch, joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club (2010) Ltd and a partner at PKF, said: “We can confirm that the administrators have now exchanged contracts with the PST for its purchase of Portsmouth Football Club.

“Completion is conditional only upon the Court sanctioning the sale of Fratton Park and the Football League transferring the membership share.”

popcorn07.gif

Edited by trousers

@solentsport: Statement from PKF: "We can confirm that the administrators have now exchanged contracts with the PST for its purchase of #Pompey" conts >

@solentsport: (cont) “Completion is conditional only upon the Court sanctioning sale of Fratton Pk and the Football League transferring membership share"

@solentsport: Statement from PKF: "We can confirm that the administrators have now exchanged contracts with the PST for its purchase of #Pompey" conts >

@solentsport: (cont) “Completion is conditional only upon the Court sanctioning theft of Fratton Pk and the Football League transferring membership share"

Fixed.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/contracts-exchanged-to-buy-pompey-1-4881539

FOOTBALLING history is a step closer to being made after the Pompey Supporters’ Trust exchanged contracts to buy the club out of administration.

It means that as long as the Royal Courts of Justice value the Fratton Park stadium at a price the trust can afford, Pompey will become the largest fan-owned club in history.

:facepalm:

@solentsport: Statement from PKF: "We can confirm that the administrators have now exchanged contracts with the PST for its purchase of #Pompey" c*nts >

@solentsport: (cont) “Completion is conditional only upon the Court sanctioning sale of Fratton Pk and the Football League transferring membership share"

Refixed

In other words, PST have bought a football club, subject to having somewhere for it to play, and a competition for it to play in...

You don't have to be worrying about it trousers, We'll be keeping it in the family

Oi mackerel, which one's you then? I'm guessing the groupie on the left...what's in your bag Angelos?

1zaw79.jpg

I guess this is what the home 'end' could look like at Moneyfields.

Nicked from TUI

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})