Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So what happened earlier?

1. Penny slipped up.

2. Penny has traded him in for a newer model.

3. Penny's other half works in tax for an accountants, but sees HMRC internal memos.

4. Penny's other half works for a company that works for HMRC and she is splitting hairs.

My money is on 3.

Though I was amused to see that letter again where she said we are not asking to be let off paying.

Despite the fact that the main thrust of the multiple administrations and failed CVAs that she has stoutly supported is to be let off paying.

I also liked the way she clearly explained that the former owners have nothing to do with the current club, so new pompey is not responsible for anything that went on previously, but I suspect she too wants to keep the cup and the PPs

The cherrypicking of history.

As for Urporky. :lol:

Bloody hell Trousers...!

Will there be a 5000 party?

You'll have to be quick to arrange one. Only 57 more to go, which would make it about Monday.

@NabilHassan79: #pompey Supporters Trust chairman @AshBeen23 on news they have exchanged contracts: 'We are on the verge of creating football history."

:facepalm:

In fairness, it would be creating a bit of football history when they get kicked out of the league.

I still think we can achieve everything we as fans want to achieve with a 20k heaving bear pit of a stadium. People say costs go up the higher up the league we go. But if we make our philosophy one of tight budgetary control (which we should) then we won't need much more additional income. I was kind of hoping we would come out of this fan ownership saga as an English St. Pauli, aggressively different and breaking the mould.

If we 'play the premiership game' we'll be just like all the others. I don't want corporates and I couldn't care less about the people who can't be bothered to go now, whilst the likes of us lot fight tooth and nail to keep 'their' club alive. 20k would be awesome, scary to visit and a real intense arena for us to show what we do best, which has nothing to do with the action on the pitch. I am beginning to think I might be a bit nieve, but I want Pompey to be ran almost counter to what everyone else is doing as a big f*** y** to the rest of football which turned it's back on us so readily, St. Pauli would be my model.

There's just one problem with this plan. They don't have 20k fans :facepalm:

Originally Posted by Deluded POL Skate

"I want Pompey to be ran almost counter to what everyone else is doing as a big f*** y** to the rest of football which turned it's back on us so readily, St. Pauli would be my model."

Oh come on, surely another big mistake...he must have meant St Pauli modelled themselves on the "bestest in the whole wide world"

I mean, how does this...

[video=youtube;-SK4Epw5cE0]

compare to this...

19sh3n.jpg

I see some similarities, St Pauli is based in the red-light district of Hamburg and portsea island looks like one big brothel with the locals providing services for the returning sailors...oh hang on, St Pauli was set up as an anti-racist movement so that wont sit well with a club that used to throw bananas at its own black players and had strong links with right-wing hooligans.

Oi mackerel, which one's you then? I'm guessing the groupie on the left...what's in your bag Angelos?

1zaw79.jpg

I guess this is what the home 'end' could look like at Moneyfields.

Nicked from TUI

I assume the dummy (that is the rubber one) garroted to the scaffolding is for a bit of hanky panky in the break.

Iam sure most Pompey fans cringe when they see such things, I really would hate having such fans at the forefront of our club, they can keep the bestest tag if this is what it means.

I think you're right

mi1mqv.jpg

TCWTB looks like he's filling his nappy.

I am guessing that even the pompey fans have got sick of sitting next to TCWTB, and they have found a part of the ground downwind to put him and his disciples.

The bloke on the left looks like he has gone and bought a TCWTB starter kit. Is Westwood taking on apprentices?

I couldn't find him on the government's official apprenticeship website

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/

but perhaps he's running his own scheme on the assumption that no-one in their right mind would have anything to do with them

let's see if the mighty Bury with their £100 a week superstars can thwart poor plucky pompey, the club that defied the odds and survived to become the biggest fan-owned club in the world.

I expect the club from the big city will strut into town, but get a lesson from the brave underdog.

And before they get too excited about winning their basement battle today at the Trust party that will no doubt pack the park, with the two club's wagebills, this is the equivalent of Man City against Wigan....if you can imagine pompey as Man City!

Good news for Tesco, bad news for car boot sales.

Redknapp in the Telegraph:

“I don’t know the situation of the [QPR] owners any more than I knew the situation of the owner at Portsmouth, who was a young Russian guy who was a friend of Roman Abramovich.

“When they buy the football club, you don’t know whether he is richer than Abramovich, so when they want to spend money on the team, what do you do?

“You don’t say: “I’m sorry you can’t spend that money because I don’t know if you’ve got it or not.’ ”

This explains a lot.

Redknapp in the Telegraph:

“I don’t know the situation of the [QPR] owners any more than I knew the situation of the owner at Portsmouth, who was a young Russian guy who was a friend of Roman Abramovich.

“When they buy the football club, you don’t know whether he is richer than Abramovich, so when they want to spend money on the team, what do you do?

“You don’t say: “I’m sorry you can’t spend that money because I don’t know if you’ve got it or not.’ ”

This explains a lot.

To be fair it's not the managers job to tell the owner what the budget is. Every manager out there would want the best players possible.

To be fair it's not the managers job to tell the owner what the budget is. Every manager out there would want the best players possible.

True, but where there is uncertainty about ownership, that seems a pretty good reason to spend in a way that develops the capacity of the football club, and doesn't over-expose the club in terms of debt and wage-legacy.

Unless of course the only thing that mattered to the manager in question was his CV and reputation for results.

True, but where there is uncertainty about ownership, that seems a pretty good reason to spend in a way that develops the capacity of the football club, and doesn't over-expose the club in terms of debt and wage-legacy.

Unless of course the only thing that mattered to the manager in question was his CV and reputation for results.

When Redknapp was there, there was no uncertainty about ownership. It was owned by the Russian.

Are you saying that if Abramovic cuts and runs from Chelsea it's their manager's fault if they go bust?

When Redknapp was there, there was no uncertainty about ownership. It was owned by the Russian.

Are you saying that if Abramovic cuts and runs from Chelsea it's their manager's fault if they go bust?

Uncertainty about who is owner ≠ uncertainty about credibility of owner.

And no, it's not their sole fault. But if they managed Chelsea by prioritising big signings, and showed no interest in the youth set up, training facilities or long-term future of the club then I'd be happy to say they'd been irresponsible in this regard. And this is Chelsea after all - an established premier league club with a large fan-base. The case is even stronger with QPR and P*mpey.

Yes there was! Which Russian?

Arcadi Gaydamak claimed in an interview he owned Portsmouth and not his son Sasha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1056099/Arcadi-Gaydamak-reveals-Im-real-owner-Portsmouth.html

It was obviously Arcdi's money all along, I don't see how that would make any difference to the team manager.

What was he supposed to do, say "I'm sorry you're not allowed to spend your money on that player because I'm not 100% sure wether it's you or your dad that owns the club". Get real, any manager would have spent the money.

Uncertainty about who is owner ≠ uncertainty about credibility of owner.

And no, it's not their sole fault. But if they managed Chelsea by prioritising big signings, and showed no interest in the youth set up, training facilities or long-term future of the club then I'd be happy to say they'd been irresponsible in this regard. And this is Chelsea after all - an established premier league club with a large fan-base. The case is even stronger with QPR and P*mpey.

But the owner obviously wanted big signings and instant success. That's his decision not the first team manager's.

ExpressFM Sport ‏@ExpressFMSport

RT @officialpompey: Attendance: 11,493 (366 Bury fans) #Pompey

Should read...

RT @officialpompey: Average player wage: £11,493 (£366 Bury) #Pompey

Are they down yet?

The bestest? Never.

"They can take our overpaid squad, they can take our training ground, they can take our Megastore (PMSL), they can take our points but they'll never take our reputation as the greatest fans in the land"

A huge result for the plucky phew against the mighty Bury. Two wins in a row! Who'd have thunk it!

Only 8 points from safety. Sorry, let me rephrase that: only 8 points from avoiding having the -10 applied next year in L2.

It's the hope that kills you, Skates. :lol:

@solentsport: Statement from PKF: "We can confirm that the administrators have now exchanged contracts with the PST for its purchase of #Pompey" conts >

@solentsport: (cont) “Completion is conditional only upon the Court sanctioning sale of Fratton Pk and the Football League transferring membership share"

typo?

This unusually detailed Snooze article seems to qualify any previous ambiguities:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/the-eight-men-with-pompey-s-future-in-their-hands-1-4881462

I reckon it will all hinge on the ability of BC to appeal the court's decision.

pluck-avatar-default.gif

Rate:

pfcbutton

6:51 PM on 10/03/2013

How many paragraphs!!! It's so incoherent, disjointed, and poorly written it barely makes sense. What's this buffoon's point?? We already know the score, get a grip NA it's almost as if you're desperate to dig up negative spin.

--

One of our own???

This unusually detailed Snooze article seems to qualify any previous ambiguities:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/the-eight-men-with-pompey-s-future-in-their-hands-1-4881462

I reckon it will all hinge on the ability of BC to appeal the court's decision.

interesting people and clubs they represent. Bournemiuth leeds cpalace bradford and middlesborough. all have been in administration or been bailed out. hope there memories arent to short

I hope so too! (I'll forgive the Mack-like spelling, he did well to get to a keyboard and actually type something coherent).

Provided their memories aren't too short, the Bournemoth etc. members will remember the punishment their clubs received from the FL, and make sure Cheats FC's minus 10 is carried over to next season, to make it meaningful.

Mind you, shame there isn't an ex-Luton chairman on board. That would make it even more fun.

I hope so too! (I'll forgive the Mack-like spelling, he did well to get to a keyboard and actually type something coherent).

Provided their memories aren't too short, the Bournemoth etc. members will remember the punishment their clubs received from the FL, and make sure Cheats FC's minus 10 is carried over to next season, to make it meaningful.

Mind you, shame there isn't an ex-Luton chairman on board. That would make it even more fun.

Indeed, someone with a Luton connection would bring a strong dose of clarity and reality to the decision making progress. Only problem is, since when have clarity and reality been constructively used in the sk8s situation?

According to rule 12.3.3 of the Football League handbook, should a club be ‘subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction’ before 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March it will come off that season.

That would be March 28 – missing that would signal a points deduction the following year.

However, that ‘insolvency event’ applies to entering administration and the League have confirmed to The News that does not apply here.

Hmm I think the '‘subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event' gives room for the FL to apply the points deduction whenever they feel like it, coming out is an 'insolvency event'

Why would they confirm anything to The Snooze, they usually dont reply and The Snooze has to give a bluff with 'its understood'

Developers just clearing the site ready for the demolition crews portacabins to be placed on site

from recent FL comments I suspect they are looking to carry it over.

We all know that it's unknown territory and different to others, but it's a punishment, and using the power of a private members' club to use discretion, the FL like to carry them over so they actually punish.

Let's not forget that the Premier League sanction did nothing so they got away with that one - as well as everything else.

I expect them to survive the court battle, but they won't dodge the points penalty, so I suspect it will be -10 in League Two.

Unless Connolly fires them to safety...

According to rule 12.3.3 of the Football League handbook, should a club be ‘subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction’ before 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March it will come off that season.

That would be March 28 – missing that would signal a points deduction the following year.

However, that ‘insolvency event’ applies to entering administration and the League have confirmed to The News that does not apply here.

Hmm I think the '‘subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event' gives room for the FL to apply the points deduction whenever they feel like it, coming out is an 'insolvency event'

Why would they confirm anything to The Snooze, they usually dont reply and The Snooze has to give a bluff with 'its understood'

Developers just clearing the site ready for the demolition crews portacabins to be placed on site

I would say that the highlighted bit is possibly of more relevance as the points penalty was decided by the league board for when pompey exit admin so easy to argue it is a penalty imposed by the board.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Disgrace about McDermott, Reading should back their managers like #Pompey do. Last #Pompey boss sacked was Paul Hart on November 24, 2009.

They haven't been sacked because Uncle Avram, the Clot and UnAppy had the sense to walk before things got really really bad

The fact that Avram is regarded as a hero even though he led them to 20th place in the league says it all :facepalm:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Disgrace about McDermott, Reading should back their managers like #Pompey do. Last #Pompey boss sacked was Paul Hart on November 24, 2009.

Dear #factless. The ONLY reason you have not sacked a Manager since 2009 is that every single one you have appointed since then has run away screaming aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Swiftly followed by "They were the bestest but thank fook I escaped"

Thanks to my mate the hacker I can officially reveal that the TV Series Colditz is THE number one downloaded file on the Manager's PC at nottarf

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})