Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So, to try to return the thread tote topic of portsmouth, are we clear that they are going to receive an additional £4 million in parachute payments ,above the original amounts , because the PL has more TV money? Or is this just another myth? If it is true ,then they will be able to afford to repay the PCC and Robinson loans. And will in effect mean they are using the pp's to buy the club.

Sorry Nick, I'm afraid CB Fry's right on this one.

Repeatedly posting "if the club had been liquidated" is pointless (we've had it 3 times so far) because the point people are making makes that irrelevant.

This isn't us being in denial, it's the way football works these days. There's just too much money in it for normal insolvency rules to apply to football clubs in the PL/FL, and Pompey's situation in the last few years has been a perfect illustration of this. At the end of the day as Frank has already mentioned, the banks could have swapped debt for equity and taken control until a new buyer came in, knowing they'd have a far better chance of getting something back than if the club was wound up or another arrangement would have been made anyhow because EVENTUALLY we'd have found a credible buyer, and we did.

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree, because this is the PTS and we don't want to have to pay too much in editing fees once this thing gets made into a book ;)

So, to try to return the thread tote topic of portsmouth, are we clear that they are going to receive an additional £4 million in parachute payments ,above the original amounts , because the PL has more TV money? Or is this just another myth? If it is true ,then they will be able to afford to repay the PCC and Robinson loans. And will in effect mean they are using the pp's to buy the club.

I find it hard to believe that they have gotten an extra £4 million in PP's !

If they had, then surely there would be an outcry from other clubs in their league and also that the PFA would refuse to further reduce the outstanding payments to their members ?

I'm also pretty sure that this would have been mentioned in the press already ??

Yeah, I'm battling against the forces of evil, and I have nothing to hide nor fear, it's all true I tell you!

In fact I'm so confident of my legal standing that I will immediately go into reverse and get the article pulled.

But if it comes to it, I'm going straight into court with my £1,500 legal team, and we will triumph!!

Football fans can't be pushed around!...though I believe that people who print rumours as truth can be pushed around quite a lot...:?

But there vwill be no defeat, it will be a victory for fans everywhere!

The winning blogger of freedom will be carried to the court steps by the faithful, banners aloft, pudding basin haircut blowing gently in the wind of change, reputation enhanced - it will be like Crewe away, middle-aged men will tearfully tell their great great grandchildren that 'they were there'.

Unless they adjourn...or the case last more than four minutes, then the glorious warchest will be empty....:scared:

But no, that won't be the end of it, they can take our houses and all other assets but they will never take our freedom!

We shall continue the fight, running up legal bills the pope couldn't pay, and then when we lose, we just won't pay the bills, or we'll offer 1p in the pound.

Yes, let's try that.

I can see no way that anything could go wrong if you embrace a legal battle against a consortium of millionaire businessmen when you have the Trust behind you, and the sort of financial clout that those bighitters bring to the table.

If you are armed with a pen you have a mightier weapon than the sword!

Which was funnily enough the last thing that guy said in Canary Wharf shortly before he was gunned down in a puddle of his own blood, mixed with the blue contents of his favourite Scheaffer.

Next problem for the Trust's media partner is, how brave do they feel about repeating the content of the blogs?

Not very I wouldn't have thought, which in itself will give an indication of a likely legal outcome if a stubborn defendant insists on following this through all the way to court, the equivalent of going over the top at The Somme armed with a small branch.

For your own sanity mate, give it up now.

Rather than a new or increased future set of payments, I wondered if the PST were just claiming the £4m of parachute payments in the club's bank account, despite the fact this has been earmarked for Birch and lawyer fees.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-win-is-for-pompey-fans-1-4846751

...Our situation is far different. No money, a crumbling ground and a distinct possibility of being wound up. A team that when they play the most likly outcome is going to be defeat. So to be getting the support we have had is nothing short of phenomenal...

Trousers: And there was me thinking that Pompey fans supported the club in huge numbers through thick and thin. Turns out they only support the club when things are going well...

But...they keep telling us that fratton is a "proper" ground and they wouldn't want a "flat-pack" stadium like ours...and...why did they often struggle to sell out that crumbling, little 21,000 capacity ground of theirs when they were in the Prem...and struggle to shift their cup final tickets? Not to mention the crowds they're getting now are, by their own fans admission, nothing like what's being reported and the thousands of free tickets they've been giving away.

Strange.

Sorry Nick, I'm afraid CB Fry's right on this one.

Repeatedly posting "if the club had been liquidated" is pointless (we've had it 3 times so far) because the point people are making makes that irrelevant.

This isn't us being in denial, it's the way football works these days. There's just too much money in it for normal insolvency rules to apply to football clubs in the PL/FL, and Pompey's situation in the last few years has been a perfect illustration of this. At the end of the day as Frank has already mentioned, the banks could have swapped debt for equity and taken control until a new buyer came in, knowing they'd have a far better chance of getting something back than if the club was wound up or another arrangement would have been made anyhow because EVENTUALLY we'd have found a credible buyer, and we did.

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree, because this is the PTS and we don't want to have to pay too much in editing fees once this thing gets made into a book ;)

I respect your position but do not agree that there was eventually going to be a buyer whatever.

Could a kindly mod please delete all the bowlocks about whether or not Saints were likely to be liquidated. Some of you think we were; others have a differing opinion. WE GET THAT!!!!!

Nick, CB, Jack, Hypo, et al, if you really want to argue the toss on this please create a new thread in which to do so. You may not have realised it but this thread is about discussing the Skates and their numerous takeovers!

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could a kindly mod please delete all the bowlocks about whether or not Saints were likely to be liquidated. Some of you think we were; others have a differing opinion. WE GET THAT!!!!!

Nick, CB, Jack, Hypo, et al, if you really want to argue the toss on this please create a new thread in which to do so. You may not have realised it but this thread is about discussing the Skates and their numerous takeovers!

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to keep to poetry and limmericks Minsk....but he started it....oh no he didnt

Love the report in the Sun today "away fans streamed on to the pitch at full time and some were seen crying as the rock-bottom club side hung on for their first win in 24 games" Agyemang said "the wait has not been as long for me as it has been for the other players and fans. For them, it was like winning the league and it was a great feeling to be a part of it"

Photo of Rocha celebrating with a female fan.

Pass the sick bag.

Love the report in the Sun today "away fans streamed on to the pitch at full time and some were seen crying as the rock-bottom club side hung on for their first win in 24 games" Agyemang said "the wait has not been as long for me as it has been for the other players and fans. For them, it was like winning the league and it was a great feeling to be a part of it"

Pass the sick bag.

It's certainly far easier to be successful when you set the bar really low...

"Away fans streamed on to the pitch at full time". Isn't that also called a pitch invasion, and should attract sanctions?

Photo of Rocha celebrating with a female fan - others might call it copping a feel.

Surely they didn't take enough fans to do an invasion, more of a sortie.

Pass the sick bag.

Fair to say it was their 'Cup final' then?

Under The Packed Park Rule, 10,000 = 25,000 - so he is already 2.5 people.

When you consider that he is five times more passionate and bestest than fans of other teams, that gives us 12.5.

In direct comparison to his nearest rivals who all wave hankies (x4), boo their own side (x3), and who all leave before the end (x5), our lone pitch invader is now the equivalent of 750 fans of lesser clubs.

Assuming that these 750 pitch invaders are the result of two CVAs, the real figure of pompey faithful tearfully storming the play area at Crewe was approx 375,000.

I would also suggest that the portsmaths dept gets together with the portsmyth dept to tidy up the detail.

Crewe is so close to Manchester that I think we can safely say in future that the losing streak ended at Man Utd where 375,000 pompey fans stormed the Old Trafford pitch at the end.

It has been written, it is now fact.

No one can dispute it, even in a court of law.

Not quite a sortie...

...more like flying solo.

best fans in the world and great to see the players and staff coming over and celebrating with the fans!

Celebrating? Looked more like saying goodbye to me,

When you consider that he is five times more passionate and bestest than fans of other teams, that gives us 12.5.

In direct comparison to his nearest rivals who all wave hankies (x4), boo their own side (x3), and who all leave before the end (x5), our lone pitch invader is now the equivalent of 750 fans of lesser clubs.

Assuming that these 750 pitch invaders are the result of two CVAs, the real figure of pompey faithful tearfully storming the play area at Crewe was approx 375,000.

I would also suggest that the portsmaths dept gets together with the portsmyth dept to tidy up the detail.

Crewe is so close to Manchester that I think we can safely say in future that the losing streak ended at Man Utd where 375,000 pompey fans stormed the Old Trafford pitch at the end.

That ,my friend, is a post of beauty

This is incredible.

That is super but I do wonder how you have nailed the Portsmyth Maths.....unless you attended -

526484_10151254064425919_8970306_n.jpg

Edited by St Jim

Awful post RB. Take some time before you produce such dross in the future. Don't you realise that it was Guy commanding his battling troops to the decisive victory that will have sent out a warning to the rest of the division. And losing streak? Ibelieve you mean the Deserved 3 points, earned despite injuries and secret refereeing directives against the club, which had resulted in a small number of unjust draws.

Must try harder. ;)

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:03

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phph5CeA2neil_allen_150.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

Greetings everybody.

And before I get any more Twitter comments on the matter, that photo on the front of the site was taken of me at a certain St Mary’s game in April.

I was among the Pompey fans and was fortunate enough to witness that marvellous David Norris goal.

That was after Southampton had refused me entry to the ground on some trumped up excuse!

Now let's get on this......[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:03[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Mike Andrews

DO WE HAVE A COURT Date to finalise the sale of pfc?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:05[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Having spoken to PKF today, they say it is 'pretty slim' the case will be heard before Easter.

However, they are expecting a firm date sometime this week.

Dragging on, I know.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:05[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From John T

Hi Neil.... on 21st Feb the media reported: "But PKF confirmed there was an ambiguity with correspondence between former owners Portpin and the Football League that would need clarifying.

They hope to confirm a specific date in the next few days." Why, nearly two weeks later, hasn't a date been set? What happened to the date being set "in the next few days"?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:06[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Again, going from what PKF are telling me, it is down to presenting evidence and finding a date when all relevant parties can be in court.

Last week was a big one with the Trust, firming the Robinson land deal, the council loan and the FL's support for them.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:07[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From PlayUpPompeyFanJake

The big question on everybody's lips - The points deduction. Are we likely to be starting next seasons League 2 campaign on -10?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:09[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Funnily enough, am awaiting a call from the Football League about this with view to running a story in tomorrow's paper.

Clarification is desperately need, especially with a court case unlikely to held until April.

Remember, the Football League stated about the 10-point deduction in July. They could also have not expected the situation to drag on this long.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:07[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From PlayUpPompeyFanJake

The big question on everybody's lips - The points deduction. Are we likely to be starting next seasons League 2 campaign on -10?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:09[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Funnily enough, am awaiting a call from the Football League about this with view to running a story in tomorrow's paper.

Clarification is desperately need, especially with a court case unlikely to held until April.

Remember, the Football League stated about the 10-point deduction in July. They could also have not expected the situation to drag on this long.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That's odd. Everyone else expected it to drag on this long

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:17[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Comeback Kings

Given the news coming out of B'mouth today, do you think they may have been too quick to gloat over our predicament (which wasn't of our making)?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:19[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Not sure if their fans have been 'gloating'. However, experience at Pompey shows that when clubs are doing well few question what is going on behind the scenes.

It is a trait of supporters across the country. Look at Cardiff as well as Bournemouth,

Southampton fans don't even seem bothered their local paper has been banned for 2 years.

The reason, because their teams are winning.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})