Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

this is a new problem.

Please can we have players for free, please do us a favour and pay them too, pretty please, we've not got two pennies to rub together.

By the way, we just had a £4M bonus that we've tried to keep quiet and we're going to use it to rip up the league next season...

The old story of selfish priorities, it used to be no money for creditors, plenty for wages - now it's no money for loan fees, but plenty to buy the ground.

But having said that, Stevenage are well out of order, they should try and help the smaller clubs.

"The News understands the League are conscious that taking points away from an already-relegated club may not be perceived as a punishment.

They will be firmly under the microscope over a scenario which represents the first of its kind.

And with little sympathy in the game from rival clubs for Pompey’s plight, there remains political pressure.

Concern over whether Pompey may start League Two next term on minus-10 also exists in Pompey Supporters’ Trust circles.

Ultimately, an eight-man Football League board will decide the outcome once the club comes out of administration.

Until then, League chiefs have declined to comment on the Blues’ situation.

It means the issue of when the points deduction will be made remains unclear.

As a result, the Trust – Pompey’s prospective owners – have called for clarity from the League.

Trust spokesman Colin Farmery said: ‘It is a discretionary punishment and, as always, is up to the Football League.

‘We certainly feel that natural justice dictates the points should come off this season – but at the moment there are no answers."

So, on Planet Pompey "natural justice" = punishment has no material effect.

Same old Pompey, always trying to squirm out of something...

It would also appear that the Football League never returned #factlessallen's call yesterday, hence having to concoct a "We understand...." non-story...

The biggest hing they are glossing over with the points deduction is the Parachute Payments.

They are buying the club with them and they will have a signifigant advantage over other League 2 clubs with the £4 million bonus amount they are getting.

All their financial irregulatities that have brought about the points deduction are the result of them overspending whilst in the Premier League. If they hadn't spent way above their means on players, they would have been relegated way before they actually were and the parachute payments would have stopped years ago.

So you can't on the one hand claim the 'Bounty' produced by actions of the previous regimes (Parachute Payments, FA Cup etc.), yet on the other hand say you shouldn't be punished for the actions of the previous regimes.

The biggest hing they are glossing over with the points deduction is the Parachute Payments.

They are buying the club with them and they will have a signifigant advantage over other League 2 clubs with the £4 million bonus amount they are getting.

All their financial irregulatities that have brought about the points deduction are the result of them overspending whilst in the Premier League. If they hadn't spent way above their means on players, they would have been relegated way before they actually were and the parachute payments would have stopped years ago.

So you can't on the one hand claim the 'Bounty' produced by actions of the previous regimes (Parachute Payments, FA Cup etc.), yet on the other hand say you shouldn't be punished for the actions of the previous regimes.

Spot on!!!

That is an excellent point. Someone should point this out to #factlessallen. I'd be interested to hear the bul**** he comes out with...

You seem to be forgetting that should they be removed from the FL, then there would be a 'space' created within the league system.

A fair few teams would benefit from an unexpected promotion to fill the gaps whilst the skates slot in nicely to the Wessex league :D

Fair point. So good news for the country's biggest community owned club then ....... promotion for Ebbsfleet at last?

But surely their competitors will see this as an unfair subsidy which they don't get ??

PPs are a percentage of the total amount of revenue the Prem gets IIRC, so all the teams due PPs will be getting the extra, if true.

Such a shame that if they get an extra £4m - that people they actually owe money to won't see a penny of it !!!!

don't be daft. this £4m windfall will be passed directly onto the unsecured creditors. The poxy £800,000 they were getting before will be nicely supplemented with that money. The PST would obviously love to have it, but they don't really need it. Their bid has been fully funded for months now, long before the rise in PPs was made clear to them.

yeah right.

Edited by Chez

Ah but the people they *WILL* owe money to will get it, i.e. PCC and Whoever buys the Stadium

buy the club for £3.12m, take responsibility for the unsecured creditor (£800k) and football creditor debts (£8.5m), but get a ground and £11m of parachute payments back. The existing £4m in the bank pays PKF and the lawyers.

Seems like a decent deal to me.

I applaud the efforts of the PST, but it strikes me that the creditors have been ill advised. All that parachute money floating around and they accept just £800,000.

BBC_Solent_Prop_RGB_normal.jpgBBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport

#pompey have added IOW born Academy striker Jack Maloney to 1st team squad. 18 year old striker played 1 game at Plymouth in league cup

I teach his two brothers, all of them brilliant footballers. The youngest is already on their books too but I've spoken to him about moving down the road already.

Good luck to him, rumour has it a couple of bigger clubs are coming in for Jack this summer.

saving it for a rainy day?

Are you expecting things to get worse?

Mack me old mucker, a tsunami has just blown through the club and you're all waist deep in fatty water...if the days get any rainier you'll be able to sell moorings at the Portsdown Hill marina.

Just cough up the spare cash to the creditors now, you know it makes sense.

saving it for a rainy day?

Are you expecting things to get worse?

Mack me old mucker, a tsunami has just blown through the club and you're all waist deep in fatty water...if the days get any rainier you'll be able to sell moorings at the Portsdown Hill marina.

Just cough up the spare cash to the creditors now, you know it makes sense.

rallyboy, Mate, (do enjoy your post) Don't you think old 'Tricky Trev' might be holding the knife for this little cake!?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-shakers-wages-shake-blackwell-173112169.html;_ylt=AmWnvgi651jMfnwKWH848qGxDZ94;_ylu=X3oDMTRlZ3BkZW9lBG1pdANUb3AgU3RvcmllcyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0BHBrZwM3ZjE2MDIyMi1hOTc3LTNlM2UtODRkNy04ODhiNDdlYzY1NDIEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgNmYWU2Y2MzMC04NzRjLTExZTItOWU3OC0xOWJhNTA0NjQwMjQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTMwYnF1NGx2BGludGwDZ2IEbGFuZwNlbi1nYgRwc3RhaWQDNGNjNWQyOTYtZDFmYi0zNDlmLTk2MDktZWMxODA5NzcwZTI2BHBzdGNhdANtb3JlfG1tYXxuZXdzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

Shakers wages shake Blackwell

Kevin Blackwell claims around half a dozen of his Bury squad are earning less than the minimum wage.

The Shakers are under a transfer embargo for the second time this season after being forced to apply for a loan from the Professional Footballers' Association to pay players' wages.

And ahead of Saturday's clash with fellow npower League One relegation candidates Portsmouth, Blackwell revealed that trying financial times at Gigg Lane mean some of those figures amount to very little indeed.

"This is what people have got to get their heads around - I'm asking players to commit themselves to Bury Football Club, into tackles and whatever, and if they get injured they've got nowhere to go," he said.

"I had one or two letters from people saying 'these players get well paid'. Let me tell you, there was a lot of players here getting paid nothing and then some are paid £100 and £200 a week.

"You get more than that on the dole. They've shown their pride - they're not going to sign on the dole, they want to give it a go. They want to get their careers back on line.

"There's six or seven players who'll go to Portsmouth at the weekend earning less than the minimum wage and yet they're giving everything they've got for the club."

Maximum respect to Bury.

Seconded.

Pompey will do a job on them at the weekend unfortunately and they'll move off the bottom for a bit. Then the fans will herald the start of "the great escape", then as with all things Pompey they'll end their period in the "hope" phase and resume their natural place in the "kills them" phase of the season.

so Bury were paying wages of £5K-£7K a year when pompey were paying that a week, and UnAppy had the cheek to stand there and tell everyone that pompey had the lowest wages in the division.

Thankfully Micah Hall was on hand to expose that farce.

Yes, I recall him questioning the truth of those statements and exposing the club's ridiculous wage policy as they gained a sporting advantage through financial doping.

Though on reflection I'm now thinking that perhaps he didn't actually do anything, because it wasn't on his PR agenda.

Maybe that was shortly before he took up his role as football's finest investigative blogger - the man whose not afraid to ask the questions that support the Trust.

It must have been The News that did the big piece - The Lies about pompey's Wages.

Yes that would be where I read it....

Or maybe it was just a few Nutjobs on here and other clubs' forums who asked why the hell they were paying so much.

But the few denied it.

Pity they didn't have someone to expose these things when it really mattered.

so Bury were paying wages of £5K-£7K a year when pompey were paying that a week, and UnAppy had the cheek to stand there and tell everyone that pompey had the lowest wages in the division.

Thankfully Micah Hall was on hand to expose that farce.

Yes, I recall him questioning the truth of those statements and exposing the club's ridiculous wage policy as they gained a sporting advantage through financial doping.

Though on reflection I'm now thinking that perhaps he didn't actually do anything, because it wasn't on his PR agenda.

Maybe that was shortly before he took up his role as football's finest investigative blogger - the man whose not afraid to ask the questions that support the Trust.

It must have been The News that did the big piece - The Lies about pompey's Wages.

Yes that would be where I read it....

Or maybe it was just a few Nutjobs on here and other clubs' forums who asked why the hell they were paying so much.

But the few denied it.

Pity they didn't have someone to expose these things when it really mattered.

Loving the new "Micah Hall" angle that exposes his worst crime: to abandon the quest for truth in favour of a propaganda job for the PDT...

Great points, tajjuk. I should add that if they had been (rightly) relegated earlier they wouldn't have benefited from getting the larger parachute payments, which just happened to increase the very year they finally went down (those DCFSBs). Mind you, this epic thread would be about 1000 pages shorter, and I wouldn't be about to join the 1000-post nutjob club! :D

8538046488_a0697721c9_b.jpg

1000_posts.jpg

homer-woohoo.jpg

I'm amazed I don't feature as it takes up a fair amount of my spare thinking and online time. Anyone on that list must be a true professional at this game. I bow to such dedication.

T agree. My 270 posts, sorry 271 now makes me feel so inadequate!

I'm amazed I don't feature as it takes up a fair amount of my spare thinking and online time. Anyone on that list must be a true professional at this game. I bow to such dedication.

The wit, schadenfreude and satire which characterises a high proportion of the posts on here is a testament to the sheer talent, dedication and committment of PTS nutjobs everywhere.

I'm proud to play a small part in this great enterprise.

Take a bow, nutjobs.

Or they must have an awfull job with boring colleages :blush:

I am fixing it.... I leave at easter :)

My only question is, has he got the spelling wrong. Ken Bates is looking at buying a new club, and is looking at Plymouth from Div 2, nah! he must mean the bestest club in the land, which is also a naval base on the South coast.

I think you are the one who got it wrong when you heard them talk about Pompey - you may have heard naval base, but in reality they said navel gaze...

I think you are the one who got it wrong when you heard them talk about Pompey - you may have heard naval base, but in reality they said navel gaze...

Carnauba wax. An edible glaze applied to fruit to make it more appealing, as on navel oranges.

Sounds about right, never known a club more appalling.

The wit, schadenfreude and satire which characterises a high proportion of the posts on here is a testament to the sheer talent, dedication and committment of PTS nutjobs everywhere.

I'm proud to play a small part in this great enterprise.

Take a bow, nutjobs.

Wait - are you saying we're the bestest?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})