Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Bloke I know from down there, had three bits of good news today. One that he is going to be a dad, two, that he is going to be an uncle, and three, that his sister is pregnant.

That must be the couple on the news earlier, twas a heart-warming picture of the happy couple...

2cih1cz.jpg

Looks like the Trust has suffered a massive funding blow...

A JUDGE has given a drug user time to deal with his habit before he is sentenced for stealing cash from Pompey’s function room.

Daniel Powell has pleaded guilty to taking nine till bags from Fratton Park containing £1,160 in loose change.

Was that the gate money from the first half of the season or an offer for the ground?

Either way Mr Powell is now a HNWI and fully-funded to complete a takeover.

This thread has gone quiet because our investigative reporter Trousers has disappeared.

Has he fallen into the hands of the skates? Has factlessallen kidnapped him and tortured actual real information out of him?

WHERE"S TROUSERS!!!

Maybe he's busy preparing his upcoming 5000th post party. Not long to go!

[TABLE=width: 137]

[TR]

[TD]Nutjob[/TD]

[TD]Posts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trousers[/TD]

[TD]4,943[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]dubai_phil[/TD]

[TD]2,598[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]pedg[/TD]

[TD]2,246[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]OldNick[/TD]

[TD]1,790[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rallyboy[/TD]

[TD]1,647[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This thread has gone quiet because our investigative reporter Trousers has disappeared.

Has he fallen into the hands of the skates? Has factlessallen kidnapped him and tortured actual real information out of him?

WHERE"S TROUSERS!!!

I believe the train he was on got lost or something...

WHERE"S TROUSERS!!!

Found him

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTitfs9dlz8XxGfjzZpc74dbLuAePYzqmvoSn28C9QNEil2ZepzCg

................but I think it's the wrong trousers

I'll get my coat!

It must have been just like the Champions League for the trainful of dedicated Pompey fans who made the epic under 2 hour journey to Leyton last night. They'd heard all about their European rivals for top Ultra bragging rights, the Galatasary fans at Schalke who couldn't afford to pay the 1000 euro asking price for tickets and had instead begun to dig a tunnel into the ground.

Sadly the message got somewhat lost in translation from Turkish to Skate and the empty seats in the "sold out" away end must have been due to the web fingered wonders tunneling their way out of Brisbane Road instead.

As the heroic badgers emerged from their tunnel they were immediately confused as to where they were. Is it a sh.ithole? Yes. Am I outside an old, rickety stand? Yes. Are the locals talking in a Cockney accent? Yes.

"Hold on, we've dug all the way back home" they thought. But then they breathed in deeply and couldn't detect the smell of fish amongst the stench of misery and dispair and realised they were still in East London.

Is there any truth in the reports that several hundred of them are still wandering around Luton looking for the stadium?

Found him

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTitfs9dlz8XxGfjzZpc74dbLuAePYzqmvoSn28C9QNEil2ZepzCg

................but I think it's the wrong trousers

:lol:

I'm now getting worried for Trousers.

I don't believe it's ever been so long between his posts.

4943 would be a tragic number to finish on being so close to the 5000 (albeit, not a tragedy of the proportion that our fishy friends are enduring)

Edited by Winchester Red

You-hoo....

@solentsport: #pompey have confirmed they'll face Icelandic side IBV, managed by Hermann Hreidarsson, in a friendly on 16/3 to raise money for the PST

I thought the Trust already had plenty of cash and were "ready to go" months ago?

Edited by trousers

You-hoo....

@solentsport: #pompey have confirmed they'll face Icelandic side IBV, managed by Hermann Hreidarsson, in a friendly on 16/3 to raise money for the PST

You're alive!!!

That's a relief. I had visions of you being dragged through the streets of skatesmouth by a mobility scooter driven by factlessallen

Naked?

I admit to having a fairly 'interesting' imagination but no, the image I had in mind wasn't naked. Even my imagination wouldn't chose to visualise you naked :scared:

More like broken, blood soaked and clad in blue with gobsh!te written on your front.

...or did you mean factlessallen would be naked? That's even worse

You-hoo....

I thought the Trust already had plenty of cash and were "ready to go" months ago?

16/3? They are playing at Doncaster. They haven't got enough players.

So a team from a cold fishy place probably set up by some Bank that went bust finds its SOLE mate in the drowning few down the road, what irony.

There was a ladies game at Moneyfields last night, who won, anyone know?

DSon't have Twitter access at work, but let's see skates v Saints Ladies gets bigged up on Twitter on the day of the game.

The next day?

Silence

@solentsport: #pompey have confirmed they'll face Icelandic side IBV, managed by Hermann Hreidarsson, in a friendly on 16/4 to raise money for the PST

That's pretty bizzarre, and definately out of order, even for them.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-pompey-bunch-uniting-their-team-1-4893927

Wonder where the house is? It's strange there is no mention of the locality in the story.

What would the Phew say if the house responsible for team building is at the western end of the M27.

I live in Dover Road. If only I knew, I could have gone to that specific house and watched the game. I could have even worn my Saints kit. I wonder if the game was at my neighbours. They have had the builders in - perhaps they've converted the back garden into a football pitch.

David James is set to continue his career in Iceland with IBV Vestmannaeyjar rumoured to be ready to offer the veteran a short term deal TalkSport understands.

The former England goalkeeper, 42, is now a free agent after his deal with League One side Bournemouth came to an end this week by mutual consent. James hadn’t played for the Cherries since mid January and had fallen behind Shawn Jalal and Ryan Allsop in the pecking order.

But James is being given the opportunity to extend his career in Iceland thanks to a former teammate.

Hermann Hreidarsson, who played with James for four years between 2006-10 is now in charge of IBV after originally joining them as a player following a short stint at Coventry City last year. It is thought that Hreidarsson is looking to convince James to join the club on a short term deal to provide some valuable experience.

IBV play in the Urvalsdeild Karla (The Men’s Select Division,) which is the top tier of Icelandic football. Last season they finished in third place and qualified for the first qualifying round of the Europa League, but they failed to make it to the group stages.

The Icelandic season doesn’t begin until May, so there is time for Hreidarsson to convince his former teammate to join up. James is said to still be considering retirement, but always one for new experiences, a short term deal could appeal to the custodian as he looks to end his career on a high.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-pompey-bunch-uniting-their-team-1-4893927

Wonder where the house is? It's strange there is no mention of the locality in the story.

What would the Phew say if the house responsible for team building is at the western end of the M27.

Even by the dire standards of the News, that's an epic non-story.

People Live In House

:facepalm:

Think I know exactly where this house is, i mentioned it a few pages back.

Without giving your location away, can you say if it is in the Southampton area? I just find it strange that in the Snooze story, there was no mention whatsoever of where the mystery house is. If it was in a decent in or near p*******th (I know, that's a relative term) like somewhere up the Meon Valley, they would have said so. The fact they assidiously gave no clue where the house might be makes me think it might well be in enemy territory.

The question then is will they continue to be plucky heroes, rallying and stirring the valiant troops with their frat house antics, or will they be fackin' scummahs for their downright refusal to live on Craggy Island?

Without giving your location away, can you say if it is in the Southampton area? I just find it strange that in the Snooze story, there was no mention whatsoever of where the mystery house is. If it was in a decent in or near p*******th (I know, that's a relative term) like somewhere up the Meon Valley, they would have said so. The fact they assidiously gave no clue where the house might be makes me think it might well be in enemy territory.

The question then is will they continue to be plucky heroes, rallying and stirring the valiant troops with their frat house antics, or will they be fackin' scummahs for their downright refusal to live on Craggy Island?

Eastleigh!!!!!!!

Chandlers Ford

Isn't Doncaster the club who thought we were the bestest ever and gave us a painting to remind the rest of world football how bestest we are?

I see that some random pompey player has been slotted into the Friday press template and has spouted some nonesense about the plucky troops not fearing Doncaster.

Let's see how battly and plucky he feels after 90 minutes.

Beating Bury with their £100 a week players is one thing, the mighty Rovers might be a different kettle of.....water.

And thanks for the new page, that previous one had run out of steam.

Why do all their players look like they've escaped from the exercise yard of an LA jail?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})