Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What apart frotm eh fact the League say the points will come off in the 2012/13 season as part of the golden share conditions?

The sale needs to complete before the end of the season or no golden share. Let's assume that happens, there's the small matter of the FL being a 'gentlemen's club'

and with it comes a set of very 'fluid' * rules, somewhat akin to skate accounting of the last umpteen years. Remember that us Faaaaackin' Scummahs

had to accept their take on the situation at the time or forfeit that same golden share. so don't assume that you'll get the penalty this season. There are 71 other

member clubs out there who will view a points deduction, when already relegated (an assumption I know, let's give it a few weeks) as insufficient penalty for all the

skullduggery of the last years. So you may well get relegated by your use of quality over quantity and still start L2 ten points adrift.

* fluid as in we make em up as we go along.

The last few weeks in my opinion have simply shown up Naivety on behalf of the PDT.

When EVERYTHING hinges on their bid being accepted the lack of work on the politics and legal issues and the PR management just seemed amateur bordering on Arrogant.

Is it REALLY the Benefits Society Mindset? Or was it blind optimism.

I went to a Garage this morning and asked to buy the New Aston Martin.

They told me the price, but I said I was British and as it was a British Car and as I am a (near) legend in the world I would be the best owner to take the car forwards.

They told me my $5,000 would not pay for the Insurance, let alone the car but I said do you know who I am? I will take you to court to get the car because I am the bestest.

Nobody else should ever drive it. And anyone who offers you more is a lying cheat.

Yeah total bullkrap factually, commercially and legally.

The LAST thing Harris needs to do to totally screw the PDT?

Pay the 6.3mil into an Escrow account with all the draft contracts and place them before the Judge in Court and offer to sign them in front of him.

Game over

Phil, I'm really struggling to see the analogy here to Fortress Fatpipes.

Phil, I'm really struggling to see the analogy here to Fortress Fatpipes.

PDT cannot afford to buy the club ever at the price it is worth

I can't Afford an Aston Martin ever at the price it is worth

The similarity is that we each WANT to have one. Simply reality means whatever excuse we give or how we market ourselves, the answer from the seller is still two words when we offer a stupid price ***k off

The similarity is that we each WANT to have one. Simply reality means whatever excuse we give or how we market ourselves, the answer from the seller is still two words when we offer a stupid price ***k off

Bit of a 'Whooooosh' moment there I think Phil...

swap new Aston Martin for ****ged-out Montego Countryman, and I think we all agree.

Whoooosh being the sound of Moneypenny rushing to Tesco on hearing a rumour that there are gullible voters in there en masse, and sticky buns are on a three for two deal, next to the all you can eat buffet...

In other news....I see Watford have avoided a points deduction for financial irregularities as the persons involved are no longer at the club.....

I wonder how Luton feel.......and does this offer any hope for the PDT?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/18/watford-former-owner-banned-three-years

Not that long ago when he was in the running for PFC was it? Was he also a target for a MH blog? They do attract them.

I am sure Luton feel cheated, as we would do if extra points are not deducted from the Cheats FC. Will Luton take action against the FL? Could be interesting

Just wondering, whilst PKF are running the club in admin, is BC losing out on potential rental income on the ground? If it's worth £3m, £6m, £Xm whatever, surely BC should expect some sort of income for his asset and in the meantime are Pompey/ PKF getting it for free in effect?

In other news....I see Watford have avoided a points deduction for financial irregularities as the persons involved are no longer at the club.....

I wonder how Luton feel.......and does this offer any hope for the PDT?

Mahwhinney f*cked Luton in the ass, dry - with a run-up.

I still don't understand how more clubs who have been shafted by the FL, haven't come out and said something. Bournemouth, Rotherham, Luton and Leeds have to feel aggrieved at the Cheats' preferential treatment. I 4 one, can't believe Ken Bates has said f*ck all.

Mahwhinney f*cked Luton in the ass, dry - with a run-up.

I still don't understand how more clubs who have been shafted by the FL, haven't come out and said something. Bournemouth, Rotherham, Luton and Leeds have to feel aggrieved at the Cheats' preferential treatment. I 4 one, can't believe Ken Bates has said f*ck all.

Very unusal for the original Master Bates

Any conjecture in the wind as to him being " Financially Silenced " ???

So, the puppet has offered double for Krap Nottarf, which will (allegedly) go from one pocket to other of his puppeteer? And in the process derail the world's bestest™ fans takeover bid, and so give Chinny a chance to again take control of his great love1.

Who'd have thunk it2?

8570283174_dcce97df02.jpg

1. The parachute payments.

2. Apart from us nutjobs, that is.

You can pick up a tidy, well running DB9 for 35k Phil, as opposed to a dilapidated **** hole for a few million so I'm not sure this works ;-)

has The News given up reporting current events and is instead only running reports from games they won in the past?

No sign of the massive development (!) in the takeover bid but loads on an away win at Wigan and some random victory over Spurs.

Also lots on Jimmy Dickinson even though he died in 1982 - when his memory was honoured by fans of all clubs.

Not so much The 'News' - more of a history pamphlet that is carefully rewriting the subject as it happens.

On the subject of whoosh.

Dear Skates..

Montell Jordan had a song

This is how you do it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295467/Yeovil-v-Swindon-Gary-Johnson-talks-Sportsmail.html

Of Tuesday’s likely starting XI, 10 will be free transfers. Top scorer Paddy Madden, signed from Carlisle, is the only player Yeovil paid money for and that is believed to be around £15,000.

On an annual club budget estimated at £800,000, Yeovil are one of the clubs in the Football League not to have experienced some form of insolvency or administration.

‘Our board know that but they’re being prudent and I’m happy to go with them on that,’ Johnson says.

‘Our club are very proud of our financial position. That makes us more proud at how we’re doing.’

Yeovil have won nine and lost one of their last 13 league games — though they’ve drawn the last two.

Not one reference to Being Competitive, Quality over Quantity.

And yet fighting for an automatic Promotion place to the nPc with a team that cost about the same as Avram's taxi bill to Horton Heath

Let's give him a break, though. It is the middle of the week over there. :-)

Yeah got me. I'll cite having been on a sickie yesterday with mega antibiotics - ie wasn't allowed my usual beer O'Clock

Gonna be along week

Think I'll head to TMS to discuss my mate Tiger's new missus's best features

On the subject of whoosh.

Dear Skates..

Montell Jordan had a song

This is how you do it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295467/Yeovil-v-Swindon-Gary-Johnson-talks-Sportsmail.html

Not one reference to Being Competitive, Quality over Quantity.

And yet fighting for an automatic Promotion place to the nPc with a team that cost about the same as Avram's taxi bill to Horton Heath

Why have the Fail put up a picture of Brentford players? :rolleyes:

"Blackburn Rovers FC can confirm that Michael Appleton has been relieved of his duties as manager along with assistant manager Ashley Westwood, first team coach Darren Moore and head of senior recruitment Luke Dowling."

Those guys should really stop following that cock around.

with his meteoric rise through jobs in the last year I think he never recovered from the blow of being overlooked as the new Pope.

All those people who loved him can now welcome home a great hero, especially as he left unfinished business at Fatpipes - he only ushered them out of the Championship and set them on their way to League Two.

If he could lead them into the Conference I think he'll feel that he has demonstrated to the big clubs what he is capable of, if you give him the chance.

His CV looks like a car crash.

An appalling managerial record that showed him up for what he was and is. It could only happen at dysfunctional clubs... Are there any left or will it be build his career at his first love to see him back in management?

Edited by Doctoroncall

I applied for tickets to a few television programmes last year, occasionally the company I applied through sends me an email about up and coming shows, this came through to me yesterday;

"Hello there!

We thought that you might be interested to know you can now apply to join us in the studio or online for a brand new interactive comedy pilot! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

FAT PIPES - AN INTERACTIVE, CROWD-SOURCED COMEDY PILOT

FAT PIPES is a live, one hour, interactive, online comedy pilot, being developed by BBC Comedy for BBC Three/iPlayer on 25 March 2013. And we want you to get involved.

FAT PIPES will be hosted by BAFTA and Chortle Best Newcomer Nominee Iain Stirling (Russell Howard’s Good News, BBC Three's Comedy At The Fringe) and will feature a cast of some of Britain’s best and brightest young comedy talent. The pilot episode will be streamed direct from The Hospital Club Studios in Central London and will be a raucous, anarchic hour of live, interactive comedy, with set piece contributions, special guests, stunts, music and games that the audience – both in the studio and at home – can join in with online in real time via Facebook, Twitter and the wider internet.

Using social media, we’ll get to know our audience ahead of the show and create an online comedy event that viewers can join in with, sending in jokes and suggestions and playing along with photo challenges and live online comedy ‘games’. You might even be invited to join us live in the studio via your webcam…"

At first I thought it was a joke from someone, but no, there really is to be a comedy show called Fat Pipes...anyone from here involved with the naming of TV shows??

I applied for tickets to a few television programmes last year, occasionally the company I applied through sends me an email about up and coming shows, this came through to me yesterday;

"Hello there!

We thought that you might be interested to know you can now apply to join us in the studio or online for a brand new interactive comedy pilot! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

FAT PIPES is a live, one hour, interactive, online comedy pilot, being developed by BBC Comedy for BBC Three/iPlayer on 25 March 2013. And we want you to get involved.

FAT PIPES will be hosted by BAFTA and Chortle Best Newcomer Nominee Iain Stirling (Russell Howard’s Good News, BBC Three's Comedy At The Fringe) and will feature a cast of some of Britain’s best and brightest young comedy talent. The pilot episode will be streamed direct from The Hospital Club Studios in Central London and will be a raucous, anarchic hour of live, interactive comedy, with set piece contributions, special guests, stunts, music and games that the audience – both in the studio and at home – can join in with online in real time via Facebook, Twitter and the wider internet.

Using social media, we’ll get to know our audience ahead of the show and create an online comedy event that viewers can join in with, sending in jokes and suggestions and playing along with photo challenges and live online comedy ‘games’. You might even be invited to join us live in the studio via your webcam…"

At first I thought it was a joke from someone, but no, there really is to be a comedy show called Fat Pipes...anyone from here involved with the naming of TV shows??

Another? :D

"Hello there!

At first I thought it was a joke from someone, but no, there really is to be a comedy show called Fat Pipes...anyone from here involved with the naming of TV shows??[i/]

This is 'Write your own punchline' material. Is this the old joke about announcing the crowd changes to the teams before kick-off?

with his meteoric rise through jobs in the last year I think he never recovered from the blow of being overlooked as the new Pope.

All those people who loved him can now welcome home a great hero, especially as he left unfinished business at Fatpipes - he only ushered them out of the Championship and set them on their way to League Two.

If he could lead them into the Conference I think he'll feel that he has demonstrated to the big clubs what he is capable of, if you give him the chance.

what a f**kin good idea, Lets hope we take him back on good Friday, Crucified on the right day, :x

Oldham winning 2-0, meaning they will go 8 points clear of the Skates with two games in hand. Bury currently drawing, a win would mean P*mpey they will be bottom.

They could be relegated on saturday. When they lose, Oldham need to pick up a point at Shrewsbury and that's it.. goodnight.

WTFILN

They could be relegated on saturday. When they lose, Oldham need to pick up a point at Shrewsbury and that's it.. goodnight.

WTFILN

They're gone already. Oldham 3-0 up 2 minutes to play. Leaves Skates 8 points adrift of safety with just 7 games left. This is assuming that all the other team lose all their remaining games (whcih we know isn't going to happen) and even if it did I don't think Skates will get the 8 points anyway from their remaining games - their current form (last 10 games) is 1 pont per game which isn't good enough and their season form is .79 points per game. Also Oldham have 2 games in hand after tonights game.

They're already gone!

Your'e never going to believe this Rallyboy, but seems old appy is no longer a hero in portsea anymore....... They always knew he was ****e :? :?

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=489083

Pompey fans re Appleton and good old times at Fratton:rolleyes:

Just three comments that made me:)

But chose to leave just as things were sorting themselves out:o ORLY

Maybe he should consider his job offers a little more in the future:? IRONIC..considering taking the Pompey job..

Ironically for all the crap ..the Pompey job was actually the most secure of the lot:uhoh:.........ORLY:D

More fun to come:p

Edited by ottery st mary

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})