Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And one thing I forgot - Pompeys best player by a mile was David Connolly. Yes he is old and no way good enough for the Premier League, but his movement and touch caused Coventry all sorts of problems. He really should be playing for a better team. Hopefully he will next season!

And in other news, the News is now quoting 4-year-old articles in their attempts to still the claim that they are still the bestest

Jordan Cross ‏@pn_jordan_cross 5h

Interesting list of top stadiums in world football for atmosphere - Fratton Park making the top 10 #Pompey http://j.mp/14dJaBg

:facepalm:

To be fair that list has Old Trafford - well known to be the least atmospheric ground in the country 99% of the time - as the 5th most atmospheric ground in the world.

To be fair that list has Old Trafford - well known to be the least atmospheric ground in the country 99% of the time - as the 5th most atmospheric ground in the world.

You have to ask what criteria were used to make that selection. Were Scientific standards of evidence gathering and theory building applied?

I don't think so :)

Anyway, back to decent pubs and decent football in a great stadium next week. The Skates are many many miles behind us now and will be for years to come!!

To be honest I think the rivalry and fact you are miles ahead of us doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You lot and what you are doing is relevant in our current predicament. If we have a club playing football in league 2 next season with chants I gone that will be progress. No matter what happens from there on in.

As for ugly women and tattoos etc I have seen the same in Southampton fella. All abit stereotypical eh?

Why are the bbc going on about the great escape. If you deduct 10 points they will be 15 points from safety with 18 available!? Please tell me they are going to have the 10 points deducted, as they do have a habit of wriggling out of these things, and a habit of beating the drop against all odds. Without the points deduction I could see them doing enough!

To be honest I think the rivalry and fact you are miles ahead of us doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You lot and what you are doing is relevant in our current predicament. If we have a club playing football in league 2 next season with chants I gone that will be progress. No matter what happens from there on in.

As for ugly women and tattoos etc I have seen the same in Southampton fella. All abit stereotypical eh?

Fellow day trippers from Portsmouth, most likely.

Why are the bbc going on about the great escape. If you deduct 10 points they will be 15 points from safety with 18 available!? Please tell me they are going to have the 10 points deducted, as they do have a habit of wriggling out of these things, and a habit of beating the drop against all odds. Without the points deduction I could see them doing enough!

If they don't get a points deduction it means they've been liquidated. That's the only way they'll beat the drop. :D

Despite winning El Crapico, the odds of them finishing above the drop zone are about as likely as Avram going to Fufu's Massage Parlour for just a massage. We can probably look forward to seeing them starting life in L2 on minus 10 points with a motley crew of crocks, rejects and kids... assuming they even exist after the last parachute payment has been trousered by all and sundry in August.

Tragic, isn't it? :lol:

Relax, they're fu cked. They either get -10 this season or they cease to exist.

Ideally they'll go down and then get the points deducted.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Worry ye not, my fag packet maths tell me that looking at previous seasons, 50 points is the benchmark for survival. The skates are currently on 34 points with 6 to play, a total of 18 points available which would put them on 52 points. However though they'd have to win all of their next 6 games to reach that target, which whilst not impossible is highly unlikely. Less than 5 wins and they'll be down.

This is of course assuming the 10 points don't get added for one reason or another.

The Football League Award 2013 winners announced http://www.football-league.co.uk/flawards/news/20130324/the-football-league-award-2013-winners-announced_2293338_3116025

No mention of the bestest? surely not

The Football League has announced the full list of winners for The Football League Awards 2013, the annual awards ceremony that celebrates on and off pitch excellence across The League's 72 clubs.

A total of 34 clubs were shortlisted for this season's Awards with the coveted npower Player of the Year Awards going to Matej Vydra (npower Championship), Matt Ritchie (npower League 1) and Tom Pope (npower League 2), the winners were voted for by managers from every club in their division. Thomas Ince also picked up the Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year Award.

Former Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Southampton and England goalkeeper Peter Shilton OBE was honoured with the prestigious Contribution to League Football Award.

The winners of all 17 Awards were announced at the gala ceremony in front of over 600 guests at The Brewery, London on Sunday evening (please see full list of winners below).

The judges for the Football League Awards 2013 comprised of influential and respected representatives from the media, sponsors and The Football League, alongside industry experts for the various categories.

Greg Clarke, Chairman of The Football League, said: "The Football League Awards 2013 has given us another opportunity to celebrate success at League clubs both on and off the pitch. It gives us the chance to reward those who have achieved fantastic results throughout the year. I would like to congratulate tonight's winners and all those who were nominated."

The full list of Award winners is shown below:

Award Winners 2013:

npower Championship Player of the Year

Matej Vydra - Watford

npower League 1 Player of the Year

Matt Ritchie - AFC Bournemouth

npower League 2 Player of the Year

Tom Pope - Port Vale

Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year

Thomas Ince - Blackpool

Contribution to League Football

Peter Shilton OBE

Mitre Goal of the Year

Simon Cox

Football Manager Outstanding Managerial Achievement

Phil Parkinson - Bradford City

npower Fan of the Year

Neil Le Milliere - Exeter City

Championship

Nick Webster - Derby County

League 1

Pat Raybould - Coventry City

LFE Apprentice of the Year - Championship

Dimitar Evtimov - Nottingham Forest

LFE Apprentice of the Year - League 1

Luke James - Hartlepool United

LFE Apprentice of the Year - League 2

George Sykes - Barnet

The Football League Family Club of the Year

Cardiff City

League 1 Winner

AFC Bournemouth

League 2 Winner

Plymouth Argyle

Tokio Marine Unsung Hero

Billy Neil - Millwall

Highly Commended

John Harriss - Bournemouth

Peter Rhoades-Brown - Oxford United

Coca-Cola Community Club of the Year

Charlton Athletic

Regional Winners

South West - Cardiff City Community Foundation

South East - Charlton Athletic Community Trust

Midlands - Derby County Community Trust

North East - Huddersfield Town Football in the Community

North West - Tranmere Rovers in the Community

PFA Player in the Community

Inigo Calderon - Brighton and Hove Albion

Perform Best Use of Digital

Swindon Town - STFC Christmas ADVENTure

Capital One Credit to the Game

Graham Alexander

To find out more about The Football League Awards, and for a full list of Award categories and winners, please visit http://www.FLAwards.com.

The Football League Awards shortlists announced http://www.football-league.co.uk/flawards/news/20130220/the-football-league-awards-shortlists-announced_2293338_3081717

Pompey not even nominated, this has to be a mistake :lol:

The Football League has announced the shortlists for The Football League Awards 2013, the annual awards ceremony that celebrates on and off pitch excellence across The League's 72 clubs.

This year there are a total of 17 awards, with the winners being announced at the gala ceremony at The Brewery, London, on Sunday 24th March 2013.

A total of 24 clubs have made the shortlists for the eight categories announced. Huddersfield Town and Plymouth Argyle lead the way with three nominations each, while a further four clubs have two nominations.

Richard Heaselgrave, Chief Commercial Officer at The Football League, said: "The Football League Awards are a great way to celebrate the work that goes on behind the scenes at each club, as well as the action that has taken place on the pitch each week.

"To make these shortlists is a real achievement, bearing in mind how many and the quality of the entries we've had once again. I would like to wish all those nominated the best of luck and we look forward to announcing the winners on the evening."

The shortlists were drawn up by a panel of judges on 5th February 2013, following a stringent assessment process. Judges included influential members of media, sports industry figures and representatives of The Football League and its partners.

The shortlisted awards are shown below:

Family Club of the Year

AFC Bournemouth

Brighton & Hove Albion

Cardiff City

Doncaster Rovers

Oxford United

Plymouth Argyle

Coca-Cola Community Club of the Year

Cardiff City (Cardiff City Community & Education Foundation) - South West & Wales

Charlton Athletic (Charlton Athletic Community Trust) - South East

Derby County (Derby County in the Community) - Midlands

Huddersfield Town (Huddersfield Town Football In The Community) - North East

Tranmere Rovers (Tranmere Rovers In The Community) - North West

Perform Best Use of Digital

Birmingham City

Bristol City

Crystal Palace

Leeds United

Plymouth Argyle

Swindon Town

Tokio Marine Unsung Hero Award

John Harriss - AFC Bournemouth

Billy Neil - Millwall

Peter Rhoades-Brown - Oxford United

PFA Player in the Community

Inigo Calderon - Brighton and Hove Albion

Alan Lee - Huddersfield Town

Mark Roberts - Stevenage

LFE Apprentice of the Year - Championship

Dimitar Evtimar - Nottingham Forest

Duane Holmes - Huddersfield Town

Bernard Mensah - Watford

LFE Apprentice of the Year - League 1

Luke James - Hartlepool United

George Willis - Sheffield United

Drey Wright - Colchester United

LFE Apprentice of the Year - League 2

Jamie Allen - Rochdale

Tyler Harvey - Plymouth Argyle

George Sykes - Barnet

Clubs not shortlisted for these awards could still taste success on the evening. There will also be awards on the night for the Mitre Goal of the Year, Football Manager Outstanding Managerial Achievement Award, npower Fan of the Year, npower Player of the Year for the Championship, League 1 and League 2, Johnstone's Paint Young Player of the Year, and Contribution to League Football.

To find out more about The Football League Awards, and for a full list of Award categories, please click here

What!!! not even a nomination for fan of the year, but they're the bestest... must be scummahs on the panel making sure they don't win, or maybe the panel were just sent an email instructing them to vote against them.

Blimey, not even a nomination in the Perform Best Use of Digital category, surely the 2013 calendar should be recognised for genius that it is, or maybe the trust prospectus (if only there was a category for best use of digital resembling something put together by an under 11).

Conspiracy I tell you... even the lifetime award has gone to an ex-scummah. Wonder how many tables they've booked this year?

The Slumberland Award for the Sleepiest Giant, or The Lord Lucan Trophy to recognise low-profile administrators?

The Trust should at least have been nominated for the largest gap between reality and their financial projections - or perhaps a quadruple award in the most misleading PR campaign category for the best atmosphere in world football, the 'fan' buyout, the lowest wagebill in the division and the largest travelling support?

It is a surprise that they didn't get something, I guess it's just another sign that the league can't handle them as they are too big.

I'm just pleased to see that they retained the Ronnie Biggs Flicking-the-V's Trophy for dodging justice, a piece of silverware that they actually earned - and after three consecutive victories they now get to keep.

They can now proudly display another little gold V sign around the club crest.

That's 15 points to catch Oldham, though, who have 3 games in hand due to their cup exploits. They can't actually catch Colchester who are next up on the list.

For them to stay up the Skates need to get 18 points from 6 games and Oldham need to get less than 4 points from 9 games.

That's 15 points to catch Oldham, though, who have 3 games in hand due to their cup exploits. They can't actually catch Colchester who are next up on the list.

For them to stay up the Skates need to get 18 points from 6 games and Oldham need to get less than 4 points from 9 games.

But it would make a nice present for them to keep the -10 points for next season. I'm sure Oldham can help out.

The imbecile on that board who goes by the name Trousers has set up alerts so that he is informed if the word 'Pompey' is mentioned anywhere in the universe, and he will then happily post a link, regardless of whether it has any relevance to their supposed moral crusade. And he's done it literally thousands of times - it really is desperately sad stuff.

He'd probably post a link to this if he could.

Lol.

it has to be absolutely 100% from whittingham and his plucky heros, one slip now and they are down.

The glorious FL have made it perfectly clear numerous times that the skates have to be out of administration come the season end... meaning the few are 15 points adrift with 18 remaining.

Im dressing up exactly what you said in a different manner, because it feels good.

THe only disappointment to this scenario is that the skates could blow off the league 2 points deduction if the penalty is required this season to condemn them.

Mind you, we still have the investigations into the last corrupt entity going on behind the scenes... there could be more in store (Luton style) for the skates.

Are they still training at fratton fatland?

60442033.jpg

Forget it, as long as the PDT bigwigs get their seat in the boardroom, and can threaten staff that I will be paying your wages soon, then all sense and perspective can go out the window.

SHALALA

I still can't help thinking that if the FL were going to dock points THIS season, they would have done it by now, and I think their whole (non) handling of their "precious" Portsmouth stinks ........ just like a pile of land based Skates

I still can't help thinking that if the FL were going to dock points THIS season, they would have done it by now, and I think their whole (non) handling of their "precious" Portsmouth stinks ........ just like a pile of land based Skates

The 10 point deduction is for replacing the existing CVA with a new one without having obtained the agreement of the individual creditors. The event will not happen until they come out of administration (if), and as it still remains possible for them to honour the original CVA (ha ha) then they have not yet done anything to warrant the deduction.

oh yes, CVA 1 hasn't failed yet, they could still have someone come in tomorrow and pay it in full. :scared:

And when that day dawns, Avram will drive slowly up Derby Road but won't even wind down his window, let alone open negotiations - he'll just keep his eyes ahead, sweaty hands firmly on the wheel, ignoring the screams from little Avram that bounce around his head most days.

Also night will fail to follow day, the Vatican will announce their first Islamic Pope, and the few will show humility and admit that their club cheated.

Yes, that will be quite a day when CVA1 is honoured in full.

Less expenses.

So despite some timing issues and missed payments, CVA1 is technically fine and dandy....until CVA2 wipes it out.

Only then will the points penalty be due, and hopefully it will be applied at a time when it still acts as a punishment.

IF they sort everything before the FL deadline.

oh yes, CVA 1 hasn't failed yet, they could still have someone come in tomorrow and pay it in full. :scared:

And when that day dawns, Avram will drive slowly up Derby Road but won't even wind down his window, let alone open negotiations - he'll just keep his eyes ahead, sweaty hands firmly on the wheel, ignoring the screams from little Avram that bounce around his head most days.

Also night will fail to follow day, the Vatican will announce their first Islamic Pope, and the few will show humility and admit that their club cheated.

Yes, that will be quite a day when CVA1 is honoured in full.

Less expenses.

So despite some timing issues and missed payments, CVA1 is technically fine and dandy....until CVA2 wipes it out.

Only then will the points penalty be due, and hopefully it will be applied at a time when it still acts as a punishment.

IF they sort everything before the FL deadline.

far more elequently put than me!

Pompey will hang things out and the -10 will not apply this season whatever IMO. Therefore if they get enough points to stay up the -10 will not be applied until they come out of admin. Therefore I believe they are not dead and buried but within 5 points of safety. They will either way be on -10 next season

Pompey will hang things out and the -10 will not apply this season whatever IMO. Therefore if they get enough points to stay up the -10 will not be applied until they come out of admin. Therefore I believe they are not dead and buried but within 5 points of safety. They will either way be on -10 next season[/QUOTE]

YES, but they could be on -10, but STILL in the Championship. What sort of punishment is that ??

Pompey will hang things out and the -10 will not apply this season whatever IMO. Therefore if they get enough points to stay up the -10 will not be applied until they come out of admin. Therefore I believe they are not dead and buried but within 5 points of safety. They will either way be on -10 next season[/QUOTE]

YES, but they could be on -10, but STILL in the Championship. What sort of punishment is that ??

If they manage to make it to the Championship next season then they really will have got away with it!!!!

Pompey will hang things out and the -10 will not apply this season whatever IMO. Therefore if they get enough points to stay up the -10 will not be applied until they come out of admin. Therefore I believe they are not dead and buried but within 5 points of safety. They will either way be on -10 next season

If they hang things out, and finish the season in admin, they'll lose their golden share.

If they hang things out, and finish the season in admin, they'll lose their golden share.

Exactly. They have got to come out of admin by the end of this season because they cannot start another season atill in admin. So the -10 becomes due then. The only question is will the FL apply it immediately or carry it over to next season if they are already relegated,as they would do with other points deductions. This precise situation (point deducted for failing previous CVA as opposed to for going into admin) is without precedent, so the FL can make it up as they go along. In Mawhinney's day there'd be little doubt that they've applied the punishment in whatever way caused the most damage. Now, it is less certain.

at what time on the final day is that then, is it a minute to midnight? They could well stay up yet, they seem to have improved their form but do need Oldham etc not to win their games in hand, or get a few points from those games.

Exactly. They have got to come out of admin by the end of this season because they cannot start another season atill in admin. So the -10 becomes due then. The only question is will the FL apply it immediately or carry it over to next season if they are already relegated,as they would do with other points deductions. This precise situation (point deducted for failing previous CVA as opposed to for going into admin) is without precedent, so the FL can make it up as they go along. In Mawhinney's day there'd be little doubt that they've applied the punishment in whatever way caused the most damage. Now, it is less certain.

IMHO, the FL will apply it even if they are doomed to Relegation, and that will mean they would start with NO deduction in Div 2

No punishment at all for the Football Leagues precious Portsmouth FC

at what time on the final day is that then, is it a minute to midnight?

I was told by a colleague a couple of months ago that a letter was sent to all football league clubs to explain the position and in that letter the deadline date of 30th April (for coming out of Admin and retaining the golden share) was mentioned. My colleague was told this by the secretary of a League 2 club.

What date is the last day of the season (before playoffs) - I think it might be 27th April? In which case they could conceivable escape relegation on 27th and come out of administration on 28th or 29th and then have the -10 carried over to next season in League 1.

Maybe...

I was told by a colleague a couple of months ago that a letter was sent to all football league clubs to explain the position and in that letter the deadline date of 30th April (for coming out of Admin and retaining the golden share) was mentioned. My colleague was told this by the secretary of a League 2 club.

What date is the last day of the season (before playoffs) - I think it might be 27th April? In which case they could conceivable escape relegation on 27th and come out of administration on 28th or 29th and then have the -10 carried over to next season in League 1.

Maybe...

I think the date is the end of the season which for most clubs is the last scheduled game but for those in the playoffs the date is extended. No chance of the playoffs or them, I assume?

IMHO, the FL will apply it even if they are doomed to Relegation, and that will mean they would start with NO deduction in Div 2

No punishment at all for the Football Leagues precious Portsmouth FC

They have the -10 as a punishment. If it doesn't punish them, then they will apply it to a situation that does.

Nicely summed up.

Can we make this a sticky? :)

The FL regulations stipulate that a 'season' ends immediately after completion of a team's last competitive league (or playoff) match.
therefore it seems to me that I hope Oldham pick up a few points with their games in hand,if not they could stay up. Their form has improved. It would certainly instil more belief into the Trust and give them a boost.

With regard to the date by which they must exit admin, Stockport avoided entering their 2nd consecutive season by exiting admin on 17th June 2010. I suspect that technically the date is 30th June, ( set in reference to the date of the FL AGM ), but in Pompey's case I think the FL are still making it up as they go along.

With regard to the date by which they must exit admin, Stockport avoided entering their 2nd consecutive season by exiting admin on 17th June 2010. I suspect that technically the date is 30th June, ( set in reference to the date of the FL AGM ), but in Pompey's case I think the FL are still making it up as they go along.

The regulation is something like: 'No team may start a second successive season in administration'.

The regulation is something like: 'No team may start a second successive season in administration'.

Correct, but there seems to be a discrepancy around when one season ends and another one starts. There is evidently an FL rule that states a season ends at the final whistle of the final match, ( end of April / beginning of May ), yet the new season doesn't seem to start until July 1st, ( as evidenced in the Stockport case ). I assume this gap between dates defines the 'close season'. It seems that as the Pompey case is a special circumstance, the FL are creating a new interpretation of how to enforce their rules, and the reality is that Portsmouth cannot exit this season in admin, rather than not entering the next.

It doesn't really matter when the season ends, other than being a time limit for them to take over.

If they don't lose their golden share due to still being in admin, it means this season hasn't ended yet, and that it's still this season for any points deductions.

If they manage to finish outside of the relegation zone, there's no room for them to delay coming out of admin to take the points deduction over to next season in League One.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})