Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ha, at least one Theiving skate bastard got his just desserts today, the pikey (nearly) nicked a roll of my lead from a pallett waiting to be llifted to where I was working , when it turns up its one short, so I inform the site agent and contract manager, who promptly decide to search every vehicle on site, no whinging by anyone, but by the time the search was complete, the roll of lead turns up outside the van that the thick **** stowed it in, and was clocked by the roofer in the process! Result? He got sacked on the spot from Ford Civil Engineering and lost all previous weekly wages! Thank you Bellway Homes.

I stopped reading when I came to this statement

He clearly does not remember Tony Husband telling them how much the FA Cup cost to buy

http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Saint_John_Photos/media/Cheats%20FC/01FinancialRuin.mp4.html

Perhaps he thinks £137M is sustainable debt or perhaps somebody told him they had a Banksy to sell ?

So, you would have missed these two gems:

1. A new Portsmyth that they have surpassed others at something:

With the exception of Rangers Football Club, the phenomenal descent from being a respected member of the Premier League club to our now lowly League 1 and “penniless” position, has undoubtedly surpassed anything that has happened to a British league club before.

I am sure that we worked out on here weeks ago that others have plummeted from top flight to bottom quicker than they will have done. If memory serves me correctly, didn't Luton and Swansea drop from top flight to bottom in consecutive seasons? Whereas the phew has 2 seasons in the champ.

2. I think this is the closest I have seen from any Skate that the cup win was the cause of their downfall:

Yes, there were ownership issues, starting with Gaydamak who run up a large debt after the money ran out. This was then compounded by the debacle of having transparent or unfit owners. However, I believe the period from early 2008 to December 2009 as key in contributing most to our current situation.

Not a full confession, not even half a confession, but a slight hint towards it as early 2008 was prior to the cup win. However, as I say, this is the closest I have seen to any Skate linking that cup win with their current predicament.

NO, NO, NO!!!

They were solvent and fully funded right up to the final whistle of the cup final, it was the economic slump that caused the problem, not a fall in the price of landmines, they were just unlucky, could have happened to anyone.

Which reminds me of a point that gets overlooked such is the length of the list of crimes.

Even if they are claiming that they were unlucky with the funding, let's not forget that this particular sand castle was built on limbless children, victims of civil war, and more recently pensioner's life savings and organised crime - so the whole lot has been stolen or earned through arms dealing and money-laundering!

Which means that even when they were nearly solvent, their money was soaked in blood, guts, whores, drugs and misery.

Thankfully their top investigator exposed it all.

:o Oh, actually he didn't, he just took his 1974 pudding basin haircut up Wembley Way and celebrated with lucky heather.

Ha, at least one Theiving skate bastard got his just desserts today, the pikey (nearly) nicked a roll of my lead from a pallett waiting to be llifted to where I was working , when it turns up its one short, so I inform the site agent and contract manager, who promptly decide to search every vehicle on site, no whinging by anyone, but by the time the search was complete, the roll of lead turns up outside the van that the thick **** stowed it in, and was clocked by the roofer in the process! Result? He got sacked on the spot from Ford Civil Engineering and lost all previous weekly wages! Thank you Bellway Homes.

Quick get onto the News, he's a perfect specimen for their very popular 'Cu*t Heroes' thingy they're doing at the mo.

And they were that close to another candidate this evening too. Got in from work, the missus was watching 'Come Dine With Me', tonight coming from Chichester, and there's this 'orrible little c*nt on there (all the hallmarks of an inbred) and tho and behold, he turns up at a contestants house with a gift of a skate shirt. Everything suddenly made sense.

Despite his delusions that he was by far the "bestest" cook/host and was going to win, of course, (he was actually called deluded on there) he didn't, and so the News missed out on that particular cu*t hero.

He came last btw.

that piece on Spain rings a few bells - hospital services cut, tax unpaid contributing to hardship, gross mismanagement, and overspending.

While Saints mess about with some pipedream of a Barcelona-style set up, pompey are just following the blueprint that won the world cup.

They truly are blazing a trail and pioneering a new way for the game in Britain.

Bigger clubs like Stevenage and Bury could learn a few things.

As its Friday 22nd, how about a countdown of working days to the 10th or 11th? Next week is a short week with Easter, then its April, the time will fly - including today I make it only 11 days left if the PST want to sort out an out of court settlement with Portpin. Nearer the time could someone tag on the music from the Rocky film, "its the final countdown"??

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=489361

pompey fans outrage at cost to tax payers.

You can only laugh.

PMSL, good old skates, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Circa £50 MILLION denied to the tax payer by the skates in just five years across the board; VAT, PAYE, NI, Income Tax...

And to top it all off they are forcing the council to loan them a load of cash because their 'fans' couldnt/couldnt be bothered to raise enough money to buy their dilapidated, crumbling, cesspit of a liability/stadium.

they are getting the stadium on the cheap at the expense of the long suffering taxpayer

LOL

Lets hope Chinny holds firm, the poor bugger, no wonder HMRC are backing him and Harris these days... the skates have shafted the tax man and now they want to diddle poor Chinny out of his investment too. Its disgusting really.

But anything goes for the best atmosphere in world football

Moneyfields

@pn_neil_allen: RT @TheFootyPoet: Makes me laugh,1200+ views of http://t.co/BMKIcnvC3y & the 3rd highest source of click throughs are from the stainsweb forum. Obsessed or what?

Erm...yup....next question...

Perhaps it says more about the Portsmyth fans. Only 1200 views and the 3rd highest source is Saints fans.

Says to me that the ordinary Pompey fan couldn't care less who the owner is, just as long as they can buy success.

@pn_neil_allen: Despised Cov City all my life but tonight feel angry about their plight. Unscrupulous foreign owners destroying another good club. #Pompey

Is that because he's a Villa fan ;)

So, you would have missed these two gems:

1. A new Portsmyth that they have surpassed others at something:

With the exception of Rangers Football Club, the phenomenal descent from being a respected member of the Premier League club to our now lowly League 1 and “penniless” position, has undoubtedly surpassed anything that has happened to a British league club before.

I am sure that we worked out on here weeks ago that others have plummeted from top flight to bottom quicker than they will have done. If memory serves me correctly, didn't Luton and Swansea drop from top flight to bottom in consecutive seasons? Whereas the phew has 2 seasons in the champ.

Wolves and Bristol City in the late 70s/early 80s as well.

Funnily enough IIRC, Bristol City requested that a load of their players walked away from their contracts to save the club - the difference being back when wages were reasonable and barely on a par with middle incomes, the players did it with the good of the club at heart and are now feted as saviours some 30 years on.

Compare this to the Skate bullying and dismissal of the players who had the nerve to hold them to huge contracts they couldn't afford to pay in the first place.

Edited by The9

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21896101?

Simply the Bestest !

(nb. sickbags at the ready) !

Best quote:

"Johnny Ertl has never scored a Football League goal, having signed for Crystal Palace from Austria Vienna in 2008. He has notched up 110 league appearances for Palace, Sheffield United and Portsmouth. His only goal in English football came in a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa in the FA Cup fifth round during his time at Selhurst Park. "

Wonder why it was such a no brainer? lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21896101?

Simply the Bestest !

(nb. sickbags at the ready) !

Oh My Word

There has to be a skate reporter at the BBC or they are simply printing Press Releases from a bunker somewhere on Dr Moreau's Island. 1,300 at an away game? Every time there's a photo it's 25 tattooed Mongs and a lot of empty space. Is Ertl some sort of mentallist?

Perhaps it says more about the Portsmyth fans. Only 1200 views and the 3rd highest source is Saints fans.

Says to me that the ordinary Pompey fan couldn't care less who the owner is, just as long as they can buy success.

Or possibly many pompey fans surreptitiously read this thread for their information rather than read nofacts's paragraphgasms in the news?

Coventry Telegraph ‏@CovTel_CCFC 1m

Over 1,000 City fans have escaped the Arctic conditions in the Midlands to make the trip to Pompey. #skyblues #pusb

Does that make Coventry fans the bestest now?

Meanwhile, looks like the Fatpipes End is packed out

BGDJnw0CUAA3r4t.jpg

And in other news, the News is now quoting 4-year-old articles in their attempts to still the claim that they are still the bestest

Jordan Cross ‏@pn_jordan_cross 5h

Interesting list of top stadiums in world football for atmosphere - Fratton Park making the top 10 #Pompey http://j.mp/14dJaBg

:facepalm:

Someone with more time, knowledge and skill than me should write up a page in wiki or urban dictionary or the like - "Portsmyth" with a definition and examples. Definition? Possibly - A myopic or distorted view of of football clubs reputation , achievements or potential by its supporters relying on blatant ignoring facts and repetition of the to be adopted myth to the point that it becomes commonly accepted by the clubs supporters and then passed from generation to generation.

For example - SCUM - Southampton Company Union Men etc and many others

Perhaps this could even be a thread of its own?

I went to the Skates Cov game in the away end yesterday. Thank God that's the last time I will probably ever go to that **** hole again!

Cov had their two top scorers missing and were toothless up front. Pompey were just crap all over. Hate to admit it but they probably deserve to win though.

Aaron Martin did ok for Cov. He made a couple of mistakes but he is playing with with some very average players alongside him. Skates were too thick to realise he is still with us and didn't give him stick at all from what I could hear.

The atmosphere was really quiet till they scored and didn't really get going till they went 2-0 up. So much for the world famous support.

It was Mainly their "ner ner ner" songs and that ****ing drum and bell as usual until they burst into "you've got no stadium" to the Cov fans!! Incredible lack of sympathy for fellow skints!

It was a Weird, almost sickly feeling mingling with Skates in a Pub before the game. Facial tattoos and ugly women everywhere!!

One thing though - there were a few kids in Pompey shirts and I couldn't help thinking at least they support their local team not Man U and Chelsea. I must be going soft!

Anyway, back to decent pubs and decent football in a great stadium next week. The Skates are many many miles behind us now and will be for years to come!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})