Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"The News understands the League are conscious that taking points away from an already-relegated club may not be perceived as a punishment.

They will be firmly under the microscope over a scenario which represents the first of its kind.

And with little sympathy in the game from rival clubs for Pompey’s plight, there remains political pressure.

Concern over whether Pompey may start League Two next term on minus-10 also exists in Pompey Supporters’ Trust circles.

Ultimately, an eight-man Football League board will decide the outcome once the club comes out of administration.

Until then, League chiefs have declined to comment on the Blues’ situation.

It means the issue of when the points deduction will be made remains unclear.

As a result, the Trust – Pompey’s prospective owners – have called for clarity from the League.

Trust spokesman Colin Farmery said: ‘It is a discretionary punishment and, as always, is up to the Football League.

‘We certainly feel that natural justice dictates the points should come off this season – but at the moment there are no answers."

So, on Planet Pompey "natural justice" = punishment has no material effect.

Same old Pompey, always trying to squirm out of something...

It would also appear that the Football League never returned #factlessallen's call yesterday, hence having to concoct a "We understand...." non-story...

Edited by trousers

What about the other 17 point deduction due?

All very unfair.

PFA should tell their members to forego their wages due..

All the other clubs should give Pompey a 20 point start to League 2.........IF they ever get there.

HMRC to clear all tax owed by Pompey..AND all the creditors, charities etc

etc

Really should be a level playing field for the darlings of football.......AND the bestest fans in the land.:rolleyes:

Edited by ottery st mary
spellin

"Pompey must also exit administration by the end of the season to earn their ‘golden share’ – which is membership to the League.

Failure to do so will see them forced to apply to play in the Blue Square Bet Conference next season."

Erm, lower than that, surely...? #factlessallen

When is the cut off date for points being applied this season?

We went into admin at the start of April and just missed the deadline so it must be sometime this month.

The cut-off date only applies (as it stands) for teams who enter Admin, not for teams already in admin...

The cut-off date only applies (as it stands) for teams who enter Admin, not for teams already in admin...

So does a points penalty but they have still been hit with that.

A points penalty when they are already down is obviously not a penalty in any form so there would be a good argument for it to go over to next season, if they go over the cut-off date.

This

There is no "cut-off date".

I think the point being made is that there is a cut off date for teams entering admin and it would be interesting to know what this is as it would be a trivial matter for the FA to decide to apply this date to Pompey's current situation without appearing to be overly harsh which they have been keen not to be throughout this process.

The latest Pompey points deduction is now ground for all concerned so we can only hope the FA will apply it it line with existing rules in similar situations. Howver I still don't understand how there is a points deduction for failing to agree a CVA but not one for failing to pay one you have agreed but then thats the fickle FA for you!

[/font][/i][/color]

Failure to do so will see them forced to apply to play in the Blue Square Bet Conference next season."

Haven't the Conference got strict financial regulations? Pay HMRC and players on time when they're due or you're out...

Perhaps the Wessex League are more forgiving..

You mean FL not FA

...and also this points deduction IS for failing to honour a CVA, not failing to agree one

A Skate :

"Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but....

If we get hit with another -10 next season we will be penalised 4 times for the same offence, innit ?

You call us the deludedest but that's just not fair, eh ?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-fears-over-points-deduction-next-season-1-4852481

FFS - Don't you get just hacked off with the whinging - I'll remind them what's not fair - Paying 2p in the pound to all the 100's of business they choose to shaft , whilst still paying over the top wages when it was clear they did not have the cash, trying to wrangle out of the DEBT THEY accumulated , they have no balls and should just man up and take it on the chin - just really annoys me that they use the sympathy call every fuc@ing importunity -

Ultimately, an eight-man Football League board will decide the outcome once the club comes out of administration.

They need names and addresses Neil, otherwise they'll end up chucking bricks through the wrong windows. Quick before it's too late.

Mind you I can console myself with just one thought - For all of the bestest claims, the 250,000 deluded bed wetters on Southsea common , the players going public saying how great the club is to play for , the Terry Henery giving them a round of applause as went off after stuffing them , the AC Milan saga , harry Redflaps spiritual home

No one , and I repeat no one wanted to buy them outright . Fu@k me what an opportunity some business bloke missed out on.

Haven't the Conference got strict financial regulations? Pay HMRC and players on time when they're due or you're out...

Perhaps the Wessex League are more forgiving..

Better than that.

There's no CVA's in the conference.

ALL debts must be paid in full if you want to bring a club out of administration in the Conference.

Now that's the way to deal with the Football Creditors Rule. Every penny to every debtor

it's been at least 12 minutes since you've all been reminded about the BestestFansInTheWorldTM so time for another:

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5

I must say last night our fans done us + our club proud. Best/loudest support I've heard at ANY ground throughout my career. Thank you

David Oliver ‏@doliver_25

@rioferdy5 Don't kid yourself Rio. You've played at Fratton Park before, you know what the #Pompey fans are like! :-) #BestInTheCountry

Great comment from that article. May be trust ownership is just another bucket of Lols for us nutjobs.

8:53pm Mon 4 Mar 13

johnymac says...

the trust is KILLING the club. i hope this will finally make the majority wake up and see how appalling these people are. "were fans to save the club" they got a club they cant afford! its time to admit these people are the criminals!

I HOPE MOST OF YOU WAKE UP!

"Pompey must also exit administration by the end of the season to earn their ‘golden share’ – which is membership to the League.

Far lower, in fact nowhere, because surely it is now too late to apply to join ANY semi pro league for next season? They'd have to go a season with no football at all, then join. IF there is still any club after that year, and IF they somehow have a ground (Fratton or reasonable alternative) then I suppose there is some chance that a fairly senior non-league might admit them. But those are pretty big 'IFs'.

Far lower, in fact nowhere, because surely it is now too late to apply to join ANY semi pro league for next season? They'd have to go a season with no football at all, then join. IF there is still any club after that year, and IF they somehow have a ground (Fratton or reasonable alternative) then I suppose there is some chance that a fairly senior non-league might admit them. But those are pretty big 'IFs'.

but didn't the Minister for Disinformation say that they have been talking to the lower leagues as a contingency plan?

07-minister.jpg

Nothing to stop them applying, just as there's nothing to stop anyone throwing the application into the bin whilst rolling their eyes and chuckling quietly.

but didn't the Minister for Disinformation say that they have been talking to the lower leagues as a contingency plan?

07-minister.jpg

And of course Pompey fans would see no problem, or even irony, in the fans of another club suffering by their club being demoted out of their league at short notice to make room for the mighty PFC to join instead.

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5

I must say last night our fans done us + our club proud. Best/loudest support I've heard at ANY ground throughout my career. Thank you

David Oliver ‏@doliver_25

@rioferdy5 Don't kid yourself Rio. You've played at Fratton Park before, you know what the #Pompey fans are like! :-) #BestInTheCountry

I don't know whether to laugh or puke.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/05/arsenal-supporters-cynicism-new-owners

At Fratton Park, they have had enough would-be saviours with empty promises and emptier pockets to last a lifetime. Here, too, a succession of attempts by owners and would-be owners to palm them off or patronise them have been aggressively resisted to the extent that they stand on the cusp of a historic takeover. Even at the last, they have had to resist an attempt by members of a rival consortium led by Keith Harris to sue blogger Micah Hall, whose dogged pursuit of the chain of dysfunctional owners has been a key factor in getting to this point. Fellow supporters have launched a petition and fighting fund to defend the action.

The cases of Portsmouth and Arsenal, at opposite ends of the footballing spectrum, are proof that fans – weary of being taken for fools by new potential owners – are willing to not only look a gift horse in the mouth but to prod it, kick it and subject it to a searching series of online questions before welcoming it over the threshold. On the whole, that can only be a good thing.

Hmmm....conveniently airbrushing the previous "glory" years where fans were happier sticking their heads in the sand...

Stable doors and horses bolting...

You seem to be forgetting that should they be removed from the FL, then there would be a 'space' created within the league system.

A fair few teams would benefit from an unexpected promotion to fill the gaps whilst the skates slot in nicely to the Wessex league :D

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/05/arsenal-supporters-cynicism-new-owners

Hmmm....conveniently airbrushing the previous "glory" years where fans were happier sticking their heads in the sand...

Stable doors and horses bolting...

I must have missed the blog where he investigates the HNWI and property developers, what with them being potential buyers and not wanting to be taken for fools etc.

Can anyone recap?

I must have missed the blog where he investigates the HNWI and property developers, what with them being potential buyers and not wanting to be taken for fools etc.

Can anyone recap?

Well said.

I, too, must have missed said blog!!

;)

You seem to be forgetting that should they be removed from the FL, then there would be a 'space' created within the league system.

A fair few teams would benefit from an unexpected promotion to fill the gaps whilst the skates slot in nicely to the Wessex league :D

This ..... obviously there would need to be a reshuffle so all leagues start with an even number of teams in.

Far from it as evidenced by AFC Wimbledon

@pn_neil_allen: Adam Reed gone. Patrick Agyemang could be gone. Busy few days at #Pompey. http://t.co/yYnLCuf6l0

Guy Whittingham had lined up Agyemang for another month when his existing deal expires today.

Yet Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace has now blocked the move in a wrangle over money.

The Blues’ League One rivals are asking for a loan fee of around £10,000 for the striker following his recent impressive displays.

That is on top of Pompey’s contribution towards his wages.

It’s a figure the Blues cannot contemplate paying due to their on-going critical financial state.

Has someone had a bang on the head down there? Not prepared to pay over the odds for a player? Gotta be a first hasn't it?

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})